The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

Without Vince Young it would have been a blowout' date=' those three picks flattered us :o

The NFC East has been so exciting this season, there's no guarantee who will win it. The Cowboys are now tied with us on 6-4, and you are only 2 games behind now. Dallas are looking strong and are my pick to win the division as they have a very easy schedule down the stretch and i expect us to be two games behind when we face them in a couple of weeks. You guys looked really good on D yesterday Cullen Jenkins dealt some serious pain all game long (his hit on Ware was unbelievable!) and i think that's what dissapointed me the most about our performance yesterday, we just didn't look like we had the passion to win the game. Losing on home turf is inexcusable.

I'm done with predicting too much about our division its too unpredictable, all i can say is that if we continue to play like that we will be fortunate to end up with a winning record come January.[/quote']

I still think you'll win it, just like one good win probably won't be enough to turn our whole season around, I don't think a couple of tough losses will be enough to completely undo the Giants. But it will probably come down to your two games against the Cowboys.

I'm not gonna count us as contenders until I see us play the Patriots, my heart is telling me 'We could do it!', but my head says I'll be back to moaning about Andy Reid next week.

I still think you'll win it' date=' just like one good win probably won't be enough to turn our whole season around, I don't think a couple of tough losses will be enough to completely undo the Giants. But it will probably come down to your two games against the Cowboys.

I'm not gonna count us as contenders until I see us play the Patriots, my heart is telling me 'We could do it!', but my head says I'll be back to moaning about Andy Reid next week.[/quote']

The Pats aren't as strong this year as they have been the past decade, as long as you apply sufficient pressure to Brady then i think you can beat them - however i think you will struggle to match them on offence if Vick is sidelined. The Pats main downfall is their predictability, you know they are going to use that 2 TE set so as long as you lockdown Gronk and Welker their offence isn't as effective. You only have to watch their games gainst us and the Steelers to see what a good D can do that team lol

The Pats aren't as strong this year as they have been the past decade' date=' as long as you apply sufficient pressure to Brady then i think you can beat them - however i think you will struggle to match them on offence if Vick is sidelined. The Pats main downfall is their predictability, you know they are going to use that 2 TE set so as long as you lockdown Gronk and Welker their offence isn't as effective. You only have to watch their games gainst us and the Steelers to see what a good D can do that team lol[/quote']

I think we could easily beat them on paper, but on paper this season we could be 9-1 not 4-6, it will all just depend if we actually show up for the game or not, and if we can play for more than 3 quarters.

Wow, Denver place Kyle Orton on waivers...surprised a bit by that. Rumours circulating that we might make a move for him what with Cutler down injured, but any team that does would do so at a cost - the rest of his $8.8m contract for the season. At a time when we seem to be so reluctant to give one of our most influential players a stellar contract, I really hope we don't go for Orton and see what Hanie can do with another veteran as back-up.

Speaking of Denver, or Tebow as they are now called, how amazing is their story right now? I don't think I've ever seen a guy who splits opinion like Tebow does, but man, that guy is simply a WINNER. How long can they keep it up for though? We all thought the Jets would take them down...

Wow' date=' Denver place Kyle Orton on waivers...surprised a bit by that. Rumours circulating that we might make a move for him what with Cutler down injured, but any team that does would do so at a cost - the rest of his $8.8m contract for the season. At a time when we seem to be so reluctant to give one of our most influential players a stellar contract, I really hope we don't go for Orton and see what Hanie can do with another veteran as back-up.

Speaking of Denver, or Tebow as they are now called, how amazing is their story right now? I don't think I've ever seen a guy who splits opinion like Tebow does, but man, that guy is simply a WINNER. How long can they keep it up for though? We all thought the Jets would take them down...[/quote']

Orton is not worth $8.8m to any team, i think he will end up as a back-up somewhere next year because i don't think he'd be an upgrade for any team in the NFL at this stage of the season. Teams like Seattle, Washington and Miami who are in need of a decent QB may as well see out this season and draft one of the many starlets coming out of college in 2012.

The Tebow story is fantastic and you have to admire his passion and love for the game. The option may be fun to watch but its too gimmicky to be sustainable in the NFL for the long term. I think you will see teams gradually fair better against their system as more and more film gets compiled on them down the stretch. I'm not sure whether he's the long term solution for Denver at QB because we all know you can't rush your way into the play-offs/Super Bowl - you have to have a solid passing game to compliment it and his throwing accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.

Orton is not worth $8.8m to any team' date=' i think he will end up as a back-up somewhere next year because i don't think he'd be an upgrade for any team in the NFL at this stage of the season. Teams like Seattle, Washington and Miami who are in need of a decent QB may as well see out this season and draft one of the many starlets coming out of college in 2012.

The Tebow story is fantastic and you have to admire his passion and love for the game. The option may be fun to watch but its too gimmicky to be sustainable in the NFL for the long term. I think you will see teams gradually fair better against their system as more and more film gets compiled on them down the stretch. I'm not sure whether he's the long term solution for Denver at QB because we all know you can't rush your way into the play-offs/Super Bowl - you have to have a solid passing game to compliment it and his throwing accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.[/quote']

Well, apparently we put in a claim for Orton but he went to the Chiefs instead due to their worse record. Thank goodness for that. Instead, we've gone for Josh McCown on a one-year contract. A terrible QB, which is good because that means Hanie will get a chance to show us what he's made of. I'm strangely looking forward to it...

As for Tebow, I think you're right in terms of the longevity of Denver's offense and how long it can be successful for. But while their defense continues to impress (Von Miller has been possibly the defensive rookie MVP this year) and keep them in games, Denver will be a tough ask for anyone. And while the AFC West is so competitive (read average), they could even make a play-off run this year.

Anyway, I can't wait for tomorrow as it's one of the greatest days of the year - Thanksgiving! Now, I couldn't give a toss about the holiday, but three NFL games back-to-back? Yes please! Won't be able to stop up and watch all of them with work early on Friday morning, but I'm not too fussed since the early game should be an absolute barn-stormer - Packers @ Lions. This has shootout written all over it, and Ndamukong "can't-keep-his-mouth-shut" Suh reckons the Lions are just as good as the Packers. Not being funny, but you're not. Nobody is...

Orton is not worth $8.8m to any team' date=' i think he will end up as a back-up somewhere next year because i don't think he'd be an upgrade for any team in the NFL at this stage of the season. Teams like Seattle, Washington and Miami who are in need of a decent QB may as well see out this season and draft one of the many starlets coming out of college in 2012.

The Tebow story is fantastic and you have to admire his passion and love for the game. The option may be fun to watch but its too gimmicky to be sustainable in the NFL for the long term. I think you will see teams gradually fair better against their system as more and more film gets compiled on them down the stretch. I'm not sure whether he's the long term solution for Denver at QB because we all know you can't rush your way into the play-offs/Super Bowl - you have to have a solid passing game to compliment it and his throwing accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.[/quote']

Sad thing for me is I really hoped we would nosedive this season and be number one for Luck.......In comes Tebow and starts bloody winning:)

Like so many have said I just cant see him making it.......but thye said that about people like Steve Young etc etc...

If he gets his release going and his footwork.....well you never know

Still a project I feel

BTW I do feel Orton had a rough deal in Denver......Team was not performing....not just him

Sad thing for me is I really hoped we would nosedive this season and be number one for Luck.......In comes Tebow and starts bloody winning:)

Like so many have said I just cant see him making it.......but thye said that about people like Steve Young etc etc...

If he gets his release going and his footwork.....well you never know

Still a project I feel

BTW I do feel Orton had a rough deal in Denver......Team was not performing....not just him

Couldn't agree more. Orton's numbers at Denver were remarkable to be honest with you. I'd be more than confident of making the play-offs with him under centre at the Bears for the rest of the season. Just not for that much money...

Couldn't agree more. Orton's numbers at Denver were remarkable to be honest with you. I'd be more than confident of making the play-offs with him under centre at the Bears for the rest of the season. Just not for that much money...

I believe Orton is a stable quarterback as well. As a Raven's fan our defense does all the magic whilst an inconsistant wit gets all the credit, who really cares if he is such and such at home.... give Ray Rice the ball, far better quality of player!!!!!

Basically I would rather have Orton than Failco throwing the ball, so much so he thinks he's Dan Marino.

Hopefully Terrell Suggs slaps him.

Well' date=' apparently we put in a claim for Orton but he went to the Chiefs instead due to their worse record. Thank goodness for that. Instead, we've gone for Josh McCown on a one-year contract. A terrible QB, which is good because that means Hanie will get a chance to show us what he's made of. I'm strangely looking forward to it...

As for Tebow, I think you're right in terms of the longevity of Denver's offense and how long it can be successful for. But while their defense continues to impress (Von Miller has been possibly the defensive rookie MVP this year) and keep them in games, Denver will be a tough ask for anyone. And while the AFC West is so competitive (read average), they could even make a play-off run this year.

Anyway, I can't wait for tomorrow as it's one of the greatest days of the year - Thanksgiving! Now, I couldn't give a toss about the holiday, but three NFL games back-to-back? Yes please! Won't be able to stop up and watch all of them with work early on Friday morning, but I'm not too fussed since the early game should be an absolute barn-stormer - Packers @ Lions. This has shootout written all over it, and Ndamukong "can't-keep-his-mouth-shut" Suh reckons the Lions are just as good as the Packers. Not being funny, but you're not. Nobody is...[/quote']

You definitely don't need Orton, i thought he may end up in Kansas as it makes sense for them to get a steady QB in when there's still a chance of the play-offs in the AFC West. I agree with Neil that Orton's 'failings' in Denver were not totally his fault, before Tebow they looked out of sorts but the one thing that guy has got is leadership skills because the players have really rallied around him and i was impressed with their defence against the Jets. Von Miller is an absolute beast and i think he's got a very good chance of being defensive rookie of the year although i think Aldon Smith of the Niners is a good shout personally.

I can't wait for the games tonight i will definitely be staying up to watch at least two, you can't beat Thanksgiving Day in the NFL :D

Anyone else getting a really bad signal for the NFL tonight on Sky? I presume it'll be a problem our end, but I thought I'd ask anyway. It's highly annoying. As for the game, we're through one and a half quarters and it's still no score? Really?!

Plus, Mikey - bad news for you and your Eagles. Asomugha was carted off practice with a knee injury today. Not good when you've got a certain Mr. Brady coming to town at the weekend...

Anyone else getting a really bad signal for the NFL tonight on Sky? I presume it'll be a problem our end' date=' but I thought I'd ask anyway. It's highly annoying. As for the game, we're through one and a half quarters and it's still no score? Really?!

Plus, Mikey - bad news for you and your Eagles. Asomugha was carted off practice with a knee injury today. Not good when you've got a certain Mr. Brady coming to town at the weekend...[/quote']

I was having some issues earlier but I think it was just my dish having some issues, been fine since then.

And it's been a season of bad news, I doubt it will make much difference.

So the Packers keep on chugging along with the defence plucking the ball out of the air and Rodgers and co going 'Thank you very much chaps' and marching down the field.

The most interesting thing out of that game is Suh getting ejected for stamping on an O-Linesman, oh I'm sorry he was 'just getting up', right Ndamokung? :rolleyes:

I've given him the benefit of the doubt throughout all the fines and whatnot, that he doesn't play dirty he just plays hard and that it's the NFL's fault for blurring those lines too much. But this time he's got no excuses (although he tried to come up with them anyway), that was just clear for the world to see. The real question is though, how long is he gonna be suspended for?

Then the Cowboys scraped past the Dolphins with a late field goal, I did think that coming into the game the Dolphins could surprise the Cowboys and they almost did. Pretty disappointed, partly because I've developed a bit of a dislike for the Cowboys for no particular reason apart from being an Eagles fan, and also I have a softspot for the Dolphins, again for no particular reason.

Now it's time for the Harbaugh Bowl! This is the one I've been looking forward to.

So the Packers keep on chugging along with the defence plucking the ball out of the air and Rodgers and co going 'Thank you very much chaps' and marching down the field.

The most interesting thing out of that game is Suh getting ejected for stamping on an O-Linesman' date=' oh I'm sorry he was 'just getting up', right Ndamokung? :rolleyes:

I've given him the benefit of the doubt throughout all the fines and whatnot, that he doesn't play dirty he just plays hard and that it's the NFL's fault for blurring those lines too much. But this time he's got no excuses (although he tried to come up with them anyway), that was just clear for the world to see. The real question is though, how long is he gonna be suspended for?

Then the Cowboys scraped past the Dolphins with a late field goal, I did think that coming into the game the Dolphins could surprise the Cowboys and they almost did. Pretty disappointed, partly because I've developed a bit of a dislike for the Cowboys for no particular reason apart from being an Eagles fan, and also I have a softspot for the Dolphins, again for no particular reason.

Now it's time for the Harbaugh Bowl! This is the one I've been looking forward to.[/quote']

I've lost all respect for Suh after last night, i'm all for players being aggressive but stamping on someone on the ground? Thats plain dirty. Then to make matters worse he doesn't put his hands up and admit he did wrong in the post-match interview, instead coming out with a load of rubbish about how he was trying to 'regain his footing'. The Lions are becoming an ill-disciplined mob this season and are earning themselves a bad reputation around the league, which will only hurt themselves in the long run.

The Pack were handed that game to them on a plate, Stafford made some dreadful reads resulting in 3 INT and the penalties killed their drives. I fully believe the Packers can go 16-0 in the regular season as i don't see any teams, left on their schedule, beating them.

As for the Cowboys-Dolphins game, i was really disappointed because Miami had so many chances to win that game against a very below par Dallas side but they couldn't find the end zone on all but one of their red zone trips. That missed field goal cost them dearly in the end.

Oh and my disliking for the Cowboys is just as strong ;)

Felt for sure the Pats/Eagles game would be shown on Sky tonight, delighted that it's not! :D

Da Bears are down 12-7 to the Raiders at HT and I'm actually delighted by that. Caleb Hanie has thrown three picks and had a bit of a rough half on the face of things, but I actually think he's not doing too bad. Sure, he's made a few bad decisions that have proven costly, but the defense has stepped up by restricting the Raiders to just six points off those three turnovers. He was not being helped by a lot of early penalties and continuous bad field position, but he really found his groove on the touchdown drive that ended with a lovely throw to Knox on the blitz.

We're still in it and I believe we can get the win, GO BEARS!!

Uh-oh' date=' Forte has left todays game injured, and boy that didn't look good. Gets from bad to worse for the Bears, Andy will not be a happy bunny.[/quote']

If that's season-ending, our season's season-ending. If that makes sense...

Loving Cam Newton's stats for the day so far:

Throwing: 4/7 for 75 yards, 1 TD

Rushing: 5 for 32 yards, 1 TD

Receiving: 1 for 27 yards

The guy can do it all! B)

If that's season-ending' date=' our season's season-ending. If that makes sense...

Loving Cam Newton's stats for the day so far:

Throwing: 4/7 for 75 yards, 1 TD

Rushing: 5 for 32 yards, 1 TD

Receiving: 1 for 27 yards

The guy can do it all! B)[/quote']

And hes on my bench for the fantasy comp!!!