The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

Now this is the Giants team i know and love!

Our defence and offence are BOTH playing well today and it would be fantastic to end the Packers 17 game winning streak. Still a long way to go but i'm really happy with how we've responded after that mullering in New Orleans.

Urgh' date=' no matter how good our defense is, we're nothing without our starting QB and RB. Although what team wouldn't crumble in that situation...? :(

[b']Gotta wonder whether a certain Donovan McNabb will be getting a phone call tomorrow morning...[/b]

The call has to be made, i watched parts of the Bears game today and Hanie was woeful. I think McNabb can still do a job and it would be a shame to see your good record go to waste this season.

I hope Forte isn't out for too long but that tackle looked bad right on the knee.

The call has to be made' date=' i watched parts of the Bears game today and Hanie was woeful. I think McNabb can still do a job and it would be a shame to see your good record go to waste this season.

I hope Forte isn't out for too long but that tackle looked bad right on the knee.[/quote']

Looks like we're gonna be stuck with Caleb Hanie for another week then! Tebow time will begin early this week... :(

Peyton Manning for MVP?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824d199b/article/can-you-be-mvp-without-playing-in-mannings-case-maybe?module=HP11_headline_stack

Interesting argument, almost reinforces my joke earlier in the season about Manning making the Pro Bowl without playing a down.

Looks like we're gonna be stuck with Caleb Hanie for another week then! Tebow time will begin early this week... :(

Peyton Manning for MVP?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824d199b/article/can-you-be-mvp-without-playing-in-mannings-case-maybe?module=HP11_headline_stack

Interesting argument' date=' almost reinforces my joke earlier in the season about Manning making the Pro Bowl without playing a down.[/quote']

I don't understand why your Front Office isn't trying to strike a deal to bring McNabb to Chicago, i mean c'mon he has to be a better option than Hanie surely? That offensive performance against the Chiefs was awful and i can't see you making the post-season with your current QB, especially now Forte is out for the next 2-4 weeks. I think your D will do a good job against Tebow, i can't see guys like Peppers, Urlacher and Briggs letting him run riot! I think the problem will be putting points on the board so i'm expecting a low scoring game.

Peyton Manning for MVP? Man thats funny but i can see where they are coming from, i mean who thought the Colts would miss him this bad! I personally think it has to be Rodgers, its absurd that a team with a 31st ranked D is unbeaten and it goes to show how good he is because no other team could pull that off lol

My Giants have got a big divisional game on Sunday night against the Cowboys, i can't wait! Its crazy to think the Redskins and the Eagles still have a chance of winning the East :eek:

I don't understand why your Front Office isn't trying to strike a deal to bring McNabb to Chicago' date=' i mean c'mon he has to be a better option than Hanie surely? That offensive performance against the Chiefs was awful and i can't see you making the post-season with your current QB, especially now Forte is out for the next 2-4 weeks. I think your D will do a good job against Tebow, i can't see guys like Peppers, Urlacher and Briggs letting him run riot! I think the problem will be putting points on the board so i'm expecting a low scoring game.

Peyton Manning for MVP? Man thats funny but i can see where they are coming from, i mean who thought the Colts would miss him this bad! I personally think it has to be Rodgers, its absurd that a team with a 31st ranked D is unbeaten and it goes to show how good he is because no other team could pull that off lol

My Giants have got a big divisional game on Sunday night against the Cowboys, i can't wait! Its crazy to think the Redskins and the Eagles still have a chance of winning the East :eek:[/quote']

Hey, come on now. Remember who we're talking about here? This is Jerry Angelo. It takes a lot for him to get out his chequebook. See Matt Forte busting his gut each week for a pittance this season. We ain't getting noone. Bad grammar intended.

I actually think Aaron Rodgers is one of the best QB's of ALL-TIME. Early to talk like that? Perhaps. But he'll get another ring or two before he's done for sure, as hard as that is for me to admit.

Vikings DE Allen: I'd drown myself if I lived in Detroit

I can't agree with anything a Vikings player says, but man, that's funny! :D

We've been truly inept on offense yet again, but we've somehow managed to eek out a 10-0 lead over the Broncos thanks to Robbie Gould's phenomenal 57-yard field goal. The D has done a great job of stifling Tebow so far but now we're entering the fourth quarter...it's Tebow time... :o

EDIT: Lol Adam, timing!

We've been truly inept on offense yet again' date=' but we've somehow managed to eek out a 10-0 lead over the Broncos thanks to Robbie Gould's phenomenal 57-yard field goal. The D has done a great job of stifling Tebow so far but now we're entering the fourth quarter...it's Tebow time... :o

EDIT: Lol Adam, timing![/quote']

:P

If Broncos end up winning this, then Barber has a lot to answer!!!

:P

If Broncos end up winning this' date=' then Barber has a lot to answer!!![/quote']

You are not kidding! What was he doing?! :mad:

EDIT: I don't believe it. I just do not believe it. There is no way on Earth we will win this game, we're up against a much greater power...Tebow, son of God...

Well my prognosis was correct' date=' the Bears shut down Tebow for the most part but the offence didn't show again :o

OT it is!! :D[/quote']

Barber was just about to rip one for six, and then he's stripped and it's recovered by the Broncos. Unbelievable.

And then Tebow throws for a first on third down. Unbelievable.