The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

Indeed they did. I'm not all that knowledgeable in this sport yet. Can I ask what the story is about this Tebow guy? He only come good in the 4th Quarter or what? :P

He does it every week, i swear they've won all their games in the final quarter but don't hold me to that. Tebowmania has swept the NFL, you've got people 'Tebowing' everywhere and the media can't stop talking about him :D

The funniest thing is that Denver have a real headache now moving forward, is he their long term answer at QB? Who knows but i think Elway expected him to be terrible and therefore putting them right in the mix for one of the hot college prospects lol

Tebow just can't stop, it's unbelievable.

Indeed they did. I'm not all that knowledgeable in this sport yet. Can I ask what the story is about this Tebow guy? He only come good in the 4th Quarter or what? :P

He's a fairly unique character, divides opinion. He is a funny player because he's a QB who's pretty poor at throwing the ball, and is pretty good at running, so he doesn't really fit your classic QB role. Then there's the fact that he's a homeschooled devout Christian who never shuts up about God. And then this season he has, despite being written off as a rubbish QB who makes the sport look bad, lead the Broncos from 1-4 to 7-5 with a good shot at the playoffs with some incredible clutch plays in the fourth quarter and overtime (although really you could attribute a lot of this to the Broncos defence playing their socks off in several games). So yeah, he's a fairly interesting character and creates a lot of arguments, some say he's a rubbish QB and a religious nut, some say he's a player with incredible heart and determination and an all-round good guy. But really he's just entertaining as hell to watch. :D

*EDIT* Also Andy, how much are you missing Matt Forte right now? :P

You never know if we beat them tonight and you beat them next week its game on ;)

Well we can't beat them next week because we're playing the Jets. :P

It's still possible, if we win all three remaining games, you win tonight and then both of you win one and lose two in the final three games I believe we'd be ahead of them on our record against them and ahead of you because of our divisional record. But for the last 4 weeks I've been telling myself 'It's still possible', and then we go and do stuff like lose to the bloody Seahawks. So I don't hold much hope of anything other than us continuing to epically fail.

Well we can't beat them next week because we're playing the Jets. :P

It's still possible' date=' if we win all three remaining games, you win tonight and then both of you win one and lose two in the final three games I believe we'd be ahead of them on our record against them and ahead of you because of our divisional record. But for the last 4 weeks I've been telling myself 'It's still possible', and then we go and do stuff like lose to the bloody Seahawks. So I don't hold much hope of anything other than us continuing to epically fail.[/quote']

The week after that then :P

Yeah basically you need to run the table, which looking at your schedule is not impossible and i still think its going to come down the final week.

The week after that then :P

Yeah basically you need to run the table' date=' which looking at your schedule is not impossible and i still think its going to come down the final week.[/quote']

I think we COULD run the table, but I thought we COULD beat the Patriots, and I thought we COULD beat the Falcons, and the 49ers, and the Bears, and I thought we SHOULD have beat the Seahawks, and the Cardinals, and the Bills. So yeah, I have my doubts about us putting together a brilliant play-off charge. :P

Also the Cowboys D just did you a bbiiiiiggggg favour with those penalties. :D

Oh boy' date=' last week Garrett iced his own kicker, this week Coughlin does it, and it works again! Dan Bailey... Dearie me. And Jason Pierre-Paul, teek a boo son.[/quote']

Awesome stuff i laughed so hard when Bailey missed the FG, who would of though it? :P

That was a massive win for us, with Eli and JPP winning the game pretty much single handedly for us. Eli is so good in the clutch, whilst JPP is an absolute monster!! We can't keep relying on our offence to win us games though, our secondary were pathetic last night - the coverage on Bryant's TD was embarrassing.

Bring on the Jets :D

Nowhere near as much as we're missing Jay Cutler right now. Those two injuries have completely ruined our season' date=' so annoying.[/quote']

I feel for you buddy.

Awesome stuff i laughed so hard when Bailey missed the FG' date=' who would of though it? :P

That was a massive win for us, with Eli and JPP winning the game pretty much single handedly for us. Eli is so good in the clutch, whilst JPP is an absolute monster!! We can't keep relying on our offence to win us games though, our secondary were pathetic last night - the coverage on Bryant's TD was embarrassing.

Bring on the Jets :D[/quote']

To be fair, I think Eli, JPP and the Cowboys choking won it single-handedly. :P

Romo overthrowing Robinson to kill the game, then those 3 consecutive penalties that kept your last drive alive, then missing the field goal. :D

To be fair' date=' I think Eli, JPP and the Cowboys choking won it single-handedly[/b']. :P

Romo overthrowing Robinson to kill the game, then those 3 consecutive penalties that kept your last drive alive, then missing the field goal. :D

I don't deny that, i sat there last night thinking how the hell did we win that game! :P

The Cowgirls are the best in the business at choking, and Jerry Jones' face was a picture when Bailey missed that Field Goal. :D

I don't deny that' date=' i sat there last night thinking how the hell did we win that game! :P

The Cowgirls are the best in the business at choking, and Jerry Jones' face was a picture when Bailey missed that Field Goal. :D[/quote']

It filled me pure joy watching them fall to pieces.

And you know now that Bailey is going to get iced non-stop, if I was playing the Cowboys and they had a field goal try in the first half I'd ice him for the hell of it.

It filled me pure joy watching them fall to pieces.

And you know now that Bailey is going to get iced non-stop' date=' if I was playing the Cowboys and they had a field goal try in the first half I'd ice him for the hell of it.[/quote']

You and me both mate, my favourite game of ours this season without a doubt :D:D

Oh yeah i agree, the thing is that now its happened twice every time he goes to take a field goal he's going to have these misses in the back of his mind lol Garrett has opened up a can of worms with this one.

I'm just watching GameDay Final and your D played an absolute blinder, 9 sacks!! - i bet Matt Moore is sore today :P

You and me both mate' date=' my favourite game of ours this season without a doubt :D:D

Oh yeah i agree, the thing is that now its happened twice every time he goes to take a field goal he's going to have these misses in the back of his mind lol Garrett has opened up a can of worms with this one.

I'm just watching GameDay Final and your D played an absolute blinder, 9 sacks!! - i bet Matt Moore is sore today :P[/quote']

Yeah I do think especially in the first half it could work, they'll drill the hell out of him to make sure it doesn't happen at the end of a game again, but if you could take him by surprise in the first half when he doesn't expect it you could play some mind games with him. :D

Yeah they had their good game so they'll be useless for the next few.

Yeah I do think especially in the first half it could work' date=' they'll drill the hell out of him to make sure it doesn't happen at the end of a game again, but if you could take him by surprise in the first half when he doesn't expect it you could play some mind games with him. :D

[b']Yeah they had their good game so they'll be useless for the next few.[/b]

Lol your so harsh on your team, although i can't blame you :P

I personally can't wait for the Broncos-Pats game next week - cometh the hour cometh the man :D

Lol your so harsh on your team' date=' although i can't blame you :P

I personally can't wait for the Broncos-Pats game next week - cometh the hour cometh the man :D[/quote']

If he knocks off Brady as well, then I truly believe he can go all the way. Even beyond the Packers in the Super Bowl. There's something very supernatural about all of this...

Could anyone tell me if NFL is on over Christmas?

Sure is. :)

There will be two games shown on Christman Eve (don't know which yet), before you can be treated to Aaron Rodgers and the Packers absolutely torching my beloved Bears on Christmas Day. On Boxing Day, there's a really good game as Atlanta travel to New Orleans.

New Year's Day shall feature two more games, which shall be the final regular season round before the play-offs commence.

Sure is. :)

There will be two games shown on Christman Eve (don't know which yet)' date=' before you can be treated to Aaron Rodgers and the Packers absolutely torching my beloved Bears on Christmas Day. On Boxing Day, there's a really good game as Atlanta travel to New Orleans.

New Year's Day shall feature two more games, which shall be the final regular season round before the play-offs commence.[/quote']

Sounds good :) Haven't been able to watch much so far this year as they are always on when I have school the next day :(

Could anyone tell me if NFL is on over Christmas?

Yes mate' date=' there are a whole bunch of games on Christmas Eve and then one on Xmas Day and one on Boxing Day :)

If he knocks off Brady as well, then I truly believe he can go all the way. Even beyond the Packers in the Super Bowl. There's something very supernatural about all of this...

Well put it this way i'm an atheist but even i am starting to believe there maybe some kind of exterior force at work :P

If they beat the Pats then their stock for the Super Bowl is going to go through the roof, its going to be a captivating couple of months :D

Well put it this way i'm an atheist but even i am starting to believe there maybe some kind of exterior force at work :P

If they beat the Pats then their stock for the Super Bowl is going to go through the roof' date=' its going to be a captivating couple of months :D[/quote']

Aye, reckon I might need to start going to church myself!

Love some of the things you read on NFL.com...:

Lost amid the euphoria of Tim Tebow's two booming field goals to beat the Bears (is that right?) was a Barber meltdown -- both mental and physical -- that could cost Chicago its season.