Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

The Official NFL Thread.

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

I can't find anything about the Monday night games. Maybe they're still up for grabs?

must be - seeing as ESPN have the rights for MNF in the states i'd guess they'd make a serious play soon for those games as they could just use the same broadcast over here and it'd be cheaper than getting someone in a studio

I do like Sky's coverage' date=' Nick Halling in particular[/quote']

agreed - they get some good pundits in there (still cant believe they got jerry rice to commentate with halling at last years superbowl!!) and their coverage is excellent - just makes me wonder why the quality of the nfl (and la liga and the nba when they had that a few years back) is so good yet they have idiotic monkeys like richard 'hairy hands' keys, paul 'alkie' merson and 'match-rigger' matt le tissier for their main football shows

Haha im suprised i can across this thread. being from America i find this thread quite funny lol. If you have any questions about teams' date=' players, or the game itself just let me know. Btw im a huge Packers fan:D[/quote']

Brilliant! Just what I was looking for! You are my new best friend/worst enemy! :P

What's your prediction for this Sunday's game? Not the easiest of fixtures for Cutler to make his debut! I think that, long-term, Cutler will prove beneficial, certainly a massive upgrade on Orton, Grossman or Griese, but I fear that he may get a bit of a bashing this weekend and then the critics will come flying in. I fancy Green Bay as dark horses this season.

Brilliant! Just what I was looking for! You are my new best friend/worst enemy! :P

What's your prediction for this Sunday's game? Not the easiest of fixtures for Cutler to make his debut! I think that' date=' long-term, Cutler will prove beneficial, certainly a massive upgrade on Orton, Grossman or Griese, but I fear that he may get a bit of a bashing this weekend and then the critics will come flying in. I fancy Green Bay as dark horses this season.[/quote']

Haha do you want my honest opinion or biased one:p

haha but truthfully yes Cutler will be a massive upgrade from previous years and will surely bring more wins to you this season. however since the game is in Green Bay and the Cutler being new to the bears system, i think it will take a few weeks for him to settle in. Plus, the Packers have had a whole year to mature after losing Favre so your right i think they will have a good year. My prediction is 24-10 Green Bay

It appears that Five have got themselves Sky's third game on a Sunday' date=' which starts at around midnight. I don't mind this at all, but I do like Sky's coverage, Nick Halling in particular, and it just so happens that this Sunday's game on Five is the Bears against the Packers.[/quote']

This is great news to me, I prefer Mike Carlson on Five. The guy is comedy genius as well as very knowledgable about the game.... ""and that pass was high but not in the Ricky Williams sense"

Haha do you want my honest opinion or biased one:p

haha but truthfully yes Cutler will be a massive upgrade from previous years and will surely bring more wins to you this season. however since the game is in Green Bay and the Cutler being new to the bears system' date=' i think it will take a few weeks for him to settle in. Plus, the Packers have had a whole year to mature after losing Favre so your right i think they will have a good year. My prediction is 24-10 Green Bay[/quote']

Yeh, I think the fact that the game is in Green Bay might just swing it for ya. If it were in Chicago, it may be different.

About the Packers, I reckon Aaron Rodgers could be in for a good season. He showed a lot of good signs last year and showed that there is life after Favre.

This is great news to me' date=' I prefer Mike Carlson on Five. The guy is comedy genius as well as very knowledgable about the game.... ""and that pass was high but not in the Ricky Williams sense"[/quote']

Lol, yeh he's not bad actually. Do you support anyone, KNVB?

New Orleans Saints!!!

Reggie Bush!! Been there love the place lol

Richard Seymour has just signed for Oakland Raiders from New England Patriots:D

Good move by the Pats, save cap space (they already have a decent defensive line) and get a first round pick in 2011.

I quite like the Baltimore Ravens... Terrell Suggs what a machine. Who do you support?

Interesting. I love Ray Lewis. He's still awesome even though he's what? 36 now? Or am I exaggerating slightly? I guess you weren't best pleased with the Steelers winning the Super Bowl' date=' then? :o

I support the Bears. Fingers crossed for at least one post-season match this year, but it'll be tough as the Vikings and Packers should be hard to beat this year (writing off the Lions completely whcih could be a tad unfair - they may well do a Miami. Who knows?).

New Orleans Saints!!!

Reggie Bush!! Been there love the place lol

Ah, cool. You actually been to the superdome? I fear for Reggie actually. He seems to be getting a load of injuries right now and I pray that it doesn't ruin his career as, boy, does he have talent.

Richard Seymour has just signed for Oakland Raiders from New England Patriots:D
Good move by the Pats' date=' save cap space (they already have a decent defensive line) and get a first round pick in 2011.[/quote']

I think it was a good move for both parties to be honest. Oakland could do with a decent lineman to shore up their defense a bit more, and Seymour's still got a lot to offer I reckon. The question is though, can they do anything with the ball on offense?

Ah, cool. You actually been to the superdome? I fear for Reggie actually. He seems to be getting a load of injuries right now and I pray that it doesn't ruin his career as, boy, does he have talent.

Yea i went there two years ago, weird place great nightlife overflowing with strip clubs though lol. Just after Katrina, some of the sights horrific.

As for Reggie bush love some of his runs especially in his College years, Love Devin Hester too!!!!

Reggie

Devin

Just Gotta say WAT A TD DEVIN!!!:P

Yea i went there two years ago' date=' weird place great nightlife overflowing with strip clubs though lol. Just after Katrina, some of the sights horrific.

As for Reggie bush love some of his runs especially in his College years, Love Devin Hester too!!!!

Reggie

Devin

Just Gotta say WAT A TD DEVIN!!!:P

Haha, certainly in his first couple of seasons, Hester was my favourite player, for obvious reasons! :P But Lovie Smith is persistent in trying to convert him into a WR and, while I think he can make a difference as a receiver and produce many big plays (hopefully more now that Cutler is throwing to him), I sometimes wonder whether we'd get more use out of him as a pure returner.

Haha' date=' certainly in his first couple of seasons, Hester was my favourite player, for obvious reasons! :P But Lovie Smith is persistent in trying to convert him into a WR and, while I think he can make a difference as a receiver and produce many big plays (hopefully more now that Cutler is throwing to him), I sometimes wonder whether we'd get more use out of him as a pure returner.[/quote']

Best Punt returner for years i think.

check this movie out mate invincible great storyline, true story.:D

http://www.megavideo.com/?d=E40K6SX8

Enjoy.:D

Best Punt returner for years i think.

check this movie out mate invincible great storyline' date=' true story.:D

http://www.megavideo.com/?d=E40K6SX8

Enjoy.:D

Yeh, I've seen that a couple of times. It was on BBC1 the other night actually, so I quite gladly stayed up to watch it. I do love true stories, even if they are loosely based.

Yeh' date=' I've seen that a couple of times. It was on BBC1 the other night actually, so I quite gladly stayed up to watch it. I do love true stories, even if they are loosely based.[/quote']

i watched it on BBC to the other night haha. you seen Gridiron gang and Coach carter? love them films:D

Average start to the season for Drew Brees, throwing a measly 6 TD's in the Saints destruction over the Lions (yes, the Lions, I know, but 6 TD's against anyone is impressive).

Plus, anyone get to see Tenessee at Pittsburgh on Thursday night? Absolutely fantastic opener, despite being a low-scorer. Had bags of action and you never really knew who would come through and win it. I bet Hines Ward is thanking his lucky stars that Jeff Reed nailed that kick in overtime after fumbling at the death of normal time. Big Ben had awesome night and dragged his team to victory. The Steelers' secondary looked a hell of lot shakier once Troy Polamalu left the field.

Just waiting for the big one now; Bears at Packers - bring it on! Channel Five at 12:50 for anyone interested; it should be a good one.

Here's a video of 6'1 250 pound Ray Lewis (one of the best inside linebackers in the history of the league) absolutely scorching 6'1 190 pound Chad Ochocinco's last weekend (not to mention crushing his own teammate in the process).

It was an unnecessary roughness penalty only because the ball was completely un-catchable, so it was obvious he was trying to take his head off...

Anyway... mission accomplished.

Here's a video of 6'1 250 pound Ray Lewis absolutely scorching 6'1 190 pound Chad Ochocinco's last weekend (not to mention crushing his own teammate in the process).

It was a unnecessary roughness penalty only because the ball was completely un-catchable.

i think his teammate came worst off though mate, Chad Johnson got straight up and wanted to go.:)

Here's a video of 6'1 250 pound Ray Lewis (one of the best inside linebackers in the history of the league) absolutely scorching 6'1 190 pound Chad Ochocinco's last weekend (not to mention crushing his own teammate in the process).

It was an unnecessary roughness penalty only because the ball was completely un-catchable' date=' so it was obvious he was trying to take his head off...

Anyway... mission accomplished.

[youtube']

I watched that game last week and, while it was "mission accomplished", to a certain extent, Lewis and the Ravens paid a heavy price. The resultant penalty rewarded the Bengals with a fresh set of downs and the chance to make the go-ahead touchdown to win the game....in the last minute....

Man that hit was awesome, all the better Chad Johnson was on the recieving end. Shame they went onto to lose the game, but man... Carson has been impressive, looking like he did a couple of season back.

i think his teammate came worst off though mate' date=' Chad Johnson got straight up and wanted to go.:)[/quote']

Chad was crying inside I bet, he's just all show for the camera's. CB Fabian Washington was the teamate on the recieving end.

Man that hit was awesome' date=' all the better Chad Johnson was on the recieving end. Shame they went onto to lose the game, but man... Carson has been impressive, looking like he did a couple of season back.[/quote']

Lol, too true.

And while Carson has been decent this season, he's been pretty ordinary for the first 58 minutes of the game, and absolutely unbelievable in the last 2 minutes. But, I suppose that's where it counts and I think that's the 3rd time this season he's led them on a game-winning drive.

But the guy carrying that team at the minute is Cedric Benson. The guy's on fire this season and is a rejuvenated man - he was pap for us Bears! Last weekend, he was the first person to rush for 100 yards against the Ravens in a very, very long time (can't remember exactly how long).

I'm excited for the Partiots to put on a show in London this coming week...

They just embarrassed the Titans in the snow in Foxboro, 59-0. Brady went 29/34 for 380 yards and 6 TDs. Quite a day. Now he gets to go home and hop in bed with a knocked-up Gisele Bundchen. Not a bad days work...

It's about time the offense started clicking. For what ever reason they just haven't been able to put it together this season. To date they have dominated early parts of games only to see the offense just stall out. Anyway, that wasn't the case today... They were lights out, just like a few years ago...

Oh and the J-E-T-S just lost in OT... ! Sweet!

Aside: Get ready for non-stop photos in The Sun this coming week of the hottest pregnant chick on earth...