The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

I suppose he hasn't really had an opportunity in the clutch seen as you've usually been out of the picture by the 4th quarter :P:D

@Andy - Yeah defo haha

Haha more like we've been 14 points in the lead in fourth quarter then inexplicably lost the game by choking like we were Romo and the Cowgirls.

*EDIT* Also, by out of the picture do you mean a lead of saaaayyyy... 21 points? Because I seem to remember us coming back from that kind of a deficit against some rubbish team. :P

Haha more like we've been 14 points in the lead in fourth quarter then inexplicably lost the game by choking like we were Romo and the Cowgirls.

*EDIT* Also' date=' by out of the picture do you mean a lead of saaaayyyy... 21 points? Because I seem to remember us coming back from that kind of a deficit against some rubbish team. :P[/quote']

Hey i'm talking about this season so don't start bringing that game up :P - Jackson's return for a TD will haunt me to my grave :(

Nice TD by the Falcons btw, this is too easy

Ever since then it's been nothing but downhill so I'm going to cling onto that until we start being good again! :D

Haha, i don't blame you buddy :P

Just when i think it couldn't get any worse for the Jags and they turn it over in their own half. Man their offence sucks!

Nothing against MJD but god do I hope that injury keeps him out of this game! Doesn't look too bad though :(

Also I love those comedy bouncing ball no-one can scoop it up moments.

Haha, me too! :P

Right, we have a 27-point ball game. As entertaining as this is (:rolleyes:), I think I'm gonna call it a night guys. We can do this again Saturday night, when even Tony Romo can't choke against the God-awful Bucs....

Haha' date=' me too! :P

Right, we have a 27-point ball game. As entertaining as this is (:rolleyes:), I think I'm gonna call it a night guys. We can do this again Saturday night, when even Tony Romo can't choke against the God-awful Bucs....[/quote']

Yeah me too i'm not wasting my beauty sleep for this shiz, this has blowout written all over it. What a pick for TNF lol :rolleyes:

I will defo be tuning in to watch Romo choke again, you can't get enough of it :D

Haha' date=' me too! :P

Right, we have a 27-point ball game. As entertaining as this is (:rolleyes:), I think I'm gonna call it a night guys. We can do this again Saturday night, when even Tony Romo can't choke against the God-awful Bucs....[/quote']

Haha fair enough mate I'm jacked on Red Bull and Skittles so I'm up for the night so might as well watch it regardless of how little a contest it is.

Yeah me too i'm not wasting my beauty sleep for this shiz' date=' this has blowout written all over it. What a pick for TNF lol :rolleyes:

I will defo be tuning in to watch Romo choke again, you can't get enough of it :D[/quote']

I guess I'll just talk to myself then! :P

*Puts on sock puppet*

Wave goodbye to Mikey in the fantasy play-offs' date=' Jozua... :P

[/quote']

Just thought I'd revisit this to point out you wont be so smug when you see the 23 points the Falcons D just scored against you! :P

And that could have been an interception returned for a TD! ;)

*EDIT* Ooooh, Gabbert finally did something! Make that 20 points.

Just thought I'd revisit this to point out you wont be so smug when you see the 23 points the Falcons D just scored against you! :P

And that could have been an interception returned for a TD! ;)

*EDIT* Ooooh' date=' Gabbert finally did something! Make that 20 points.[/quote']

You know what makes that worse? I had the Falcons D earlier in the season and dropped them when they went on their bye... :o

Well i've just finished watching the second half and it looks like i didn't miss much! Gabbert looked like a rabbit in the headlights and you can't blame those two fumbles on his receivers, he came alive in the last quarter but it doesn't really mean anything when a bunch of second stringers were playing on the Falcons D.

You've gotta feel sorry for MJD, he deserves to be on a better offence.

I managed to stick through the Falcons vs Jags game even when the Falcons put out their second stringers and were still better than the Jags, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to sit right through the Bucs getting bent over by the Cowboys, particularly with the commentators bleating on about how brilliant Romo is. :rolleyes:

I managed to stick through the Falcons vs Jags game even when the Falcons put out their second stringers and were still better than the Jags' date=' but I'm not sure if I'll be able to sit right through the Bucs getting bent over by the Cowboys, particularly with the commentators bleating on about how brilliant Romo is. :rolleyes:[/quote']

I was flicking between the NFL and the boxing last night before Froch/Ward came on, and the match was almost as embarrassing as the Jags/Falcons debacle the other night. The Bucs were horrendous in that first half, making it far too easy for Romo and co. Can't believe how far they've fallen off the wagon after a bright start to the season, although I never have been sold on Freeman despite every man and his dog praising him until the cows come home (not that he's the sole reason Tampa are so bad this season...).

Oh well, at least Dez Bryant got me a solid 10 points for my fantasy match-up!

I was flicking between the NFL and the boxing last night before Froch/Ward came on' date=' and the match was almost as embarrassing as the Jags/Falcons debacle the other night. The Bucs were horrendous in that first half, making it far too easy for Romo and co. Can't believe how far they've fallen off the wagon after a bright start to the season, although I never have been sold on Freeman despite every man and his dog praising him until the cows come home (not that he's the sole reason Tampa are so bad this season...).

Oh well, at least Dez Bryant got me a solid 10 points for my fantasy match-up![/quote']

I would primarily attribute it to both of their lines being woeful, I knew their defensive line wasn't supposed to be up to much, but I thought their O-Line was supposed to be pretty good at protecting Freeman. The longest Freeman went without getting hit was at the beginning of the game on his 25-yard run. You're not going to win games when you give the other QB 5 seconds to make a throw on every play, and when you can't give yours more than 2. Then again, when Freeman did have time to make a play he didn't, so yeah, the Bucs didn't really have much going for them in the game. Once they went down by 21 they really needed to get the run-game going but didn't (thankfully for me with Blount coming up against me in my fantasy match-up), because the Cowboys were happy to just sit back in coverage whilst rushing 3 or 4 and still getting penetration through to the QB with no threat of giving up a big run. Then again, I don't think any of that anaylsis was really necessary, because at the end of the day the Bucs just weren't very good.

Well i was sat there this morning hoping for a better match than the one we were 'treated' to on Thursday but as you say Andy this one was just as bad perhaps worse because at least the Jags have some valid reasons behind their dodgy season. The Buccs were woeful in the first half, i think Freeman threw for 14 yards and their offence had 1 first down or something pathetic like that :o.

As with Thursday i didn't bother watching the second half because seeing the Cowboys give someone a thrashing doesn't sit well with me. I thought they would beat the Buccs but i didn't think it would be a walk in the park and i think its safe to say Morris will be gone once the season is over. That team is too young and doesn't have enough leaders to get them through tough spells in the season and i've never been totally convinced by Freeman - his stats this year are terrible.

The pressure is on us now, we've got to beat the Redskins because the game vs the Jets is anyones and we can only afford to drop one at the most if we are to win the division this season.

I thought they would beat the Buccs but i didn't think it would be a walk in the park...

I did' date=' I had £40 on Dallas HT/FT. :D

...and i think its safe to say Morris will be gone once the season is over.

I think he'll do well to make it past Monday... :/

After last week's highly emotional and upsetting episode that took a lot of time to truly recover from, I can't wait to tune in to this week's episode of Tebow Time - CBS' hit new prime-time drama series! :D

I did' date=' I had £40 on Dallas HT/FT. :D[/quote']

Well my judgement was clouded by some wishful thinking that Romo would choke in the 4th and lose the game in dramatic fashion again :D

I think he'll do well to make it past Monday... :/

After last week's highly emotional and upsetting episode that took a lot of time to truly recover from' date=' I can't wait to tune in to this week's episode of Tebow Time - CBS' hit new prime-time drama series! :D[/quote']

I wouldn't be surprised - could we see a record number of coaching changes this off-season? Its very possible!

Yeah i'm really looking forward to the Pats-Broncos game, if Bill Belichick can't game plan against Tebow then no one can!! Who have the Bears got today?

The Seahawks' date=' did you not see my 3000-word essay the other day?! :mad::P[/quote']

I did see it, i repped you for it! But the thing is mate is that on game day i'm readying myself for another traumatic Giants game where my blood pressure will undoubtedly go through the roof!!! I live in wait for a blowout Giants win this season... :P

I did see it' date=' i repped you for it! But the thing is mate is that on game day i'm readying myself for another traumatic Giants game where my blood pressure will undoubtedly go through the roof!!! I live in wait for a blowout Giants win this season... :P[/quote']

Haha, I know you did, I'm just messin' mate. :)

Think you'll be fine today. Gonna put my money on a Giants/Packers/Saints treble at evens.

Haha' date=' I know you did, I'm just messin' mate. :)

Think you'll be fine today. Gonna put my money on a Giants/Packers/Saints treble at evens.[/quote']

I know mate, i respect anyone for typing an essay that detailed :P:cool:

I hope so but nothing is a given with the New York Giants lol I'm hoping you fellas do the business against the Seahawks but i think its going to be a tough ask as they've been playing well lately. The early games are pretty bad matchups looking around but things spice up a bit later tonight :D