Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

The Official NFL Thread.

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

I'm excited for the Partiots to put on a show in London this coming week...

They just embarrassed the Titans in the snow in Foxboro' date=' 59-0. Brady went 29/34 for 380 yards and 6 TDs. Quite a day. Now he gets to go home and hop in bed with a knocked-up Gisele Bundchen. Not a bad days work...

It's about time the offense started clicking. For what ever reason they just haven't been able to put it together this season. To date they have dominated early parts of games only to see the offense just stall out. Anyway, that wasn't the case today... They were lights out, just like a few years ago...

Oh and the J-E-T-S just lost in OT... ! Sweet!

[b']

Aside:[/b] Get ready for non-stop photos in The Sun this coming week of the hottest pregnant chick on earth...

Brady's a lucky son-of-a-you-know-what, aint he?!

But yeh, he tore the Titans to shreds today, piling up 5 TD's in the 2nd quarter alone. Having said that, the Titans are a shadow of the team that reached the play-offs so comfortably last season. Their secondary has been decimated by injuries, they have a gaping whole in their D-line what with the loss of Albert Haynesworth to the Redskins (not that he's helping them out...) and Kerry Collins seems to have lost the plot. I mean, check out his stats today: 2/12, -7 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT. Even Vince Young got above him on the stat sheet without making a single completion. I really worry for the Bucs, because the Pats are going to roll over them as well next week

As for the Jets, I reckon Sanchez is starting to get found out now. 5 INTs today.

Just hoping for a Chicago win now, and we've just gone up 7-0, Cutler linking up with Johnny Know. Could really do with a win to keep tabs on the Vikings, who got bloody lucky today when a missed Ravens FG as time expired saved the defeat. Gonna be a tough game, with the Falcons on form, but we've started well. Keep it up guys!

By the way, who do you support, JC? By your cursing of the Jets, I presume the Pats?

Brady's a lucky son-of-a-you-know-what' date=' aint he?!

But yeh, he tore the Titans to shreds today, piling up 5 TD's in the 2nd quarter alone. Having said that, the Titans are a shadow of the team that reached the play-offs so comfortably last season. Their secondary has been decimated by injuries, they have a gaping whole in their D-line what with the loss of Albert Haynesworth to the Redskins (not that he's helping them out...) and Kerry Collins seems to have lost the plot. I mean, check out his stats today: 2/12, -7 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT. Even Vince Young got above him on the stat sheet without making a single completion. I really worry for the Bucs, because the Pats are going to roll over them as well next week

As for the Jets, I reckon Sanchez is starting to get found out now. 5 INTs today.[/quote']

Good call on Sanchez.

As far as the Pats go, the Titans were just what the doctor ordered. Pats needed opposition like this to "fix" the offense. 45-0 with 5 TDs from long plays and Welker and Moss with 2 TDs each by halftime.

By the way' date=' who do you support, JC? By your cursing of the Jets, I presume the Pats?[/quote']

Despite growing up in New York, I'm all Boston all the time. So Pats, Sox, Cs, and Bruins.

As far as the Pats go' date=' the Titans were just what the doctor ordered. Pats needed opposition like this to "fix" the offense. 45-0 @ halftime with 5 TDs from long plays and Welker and Moss with 2 TDs each.[/quote']

I know everyone goes on about the whole Brady-Moss connection, and rightly so - they're highly effective. But take Wes Welker out of that offense, and you're taking out the key component. Welker is unbelievably underrated.

Bears down 14-7 to the Falcons now. Ryan is starting to look very, very good - in many ways, like a young Tom Brady. Cutler's Sunday Night horror show in a Bears uniform continues with another 2 picks. Lovie needs to settle him and the team down at half-time. Also, what's up with Matt Forte? Barring a couple of long runs against the Lions a fortnight ago, which is no great accomplishment, he's been pretty annonymous thus far this season.

Can you believe those two fumbles just then...? Guy fumbles only once all of last yr and then fumbles on back-to-back plays @ the goal line. Ugh.

Still holding my head in my hands. We gotta stop turning the ball over in the red zone - it's killing us. Plus, we need 5 guys to drag down Michael Turner each time - the guy's a machine.

EDIT: this is a mad game. Make a key stop on 3rd and 4 just outside of Atalanta field goal range, only for the officials to spot the Bears special team unit having 12 players on the field - how is that possible?!?! Next play, Ryan throws a pick to Nate Vasher who in turn fumbles it. He was ruled down, but the Falcons are gonna challenge for sure.

EDIT II: seems like the Bears recovered.

EDIT III: what a dash by Cutler! Time to earn your money Jay.

Da Bears just got very lucky on that interception and fumble that wasn't called after that bonehead penalty.

Good call on Turner....I was just thinking about what a brute Turner is after his run on that 3rd down, when you wrote that. Guy is a beast. Never really cut it with SD. Although hard to find a place in the backfield there. He single-handedly won me more money that I deserved when betting on Northern Illinois games when he was in college. He was a point-spread's worst nightmare.

Da Bears just got very lucky on that interception and fumble that wasn't called after that bonehead penalty.

I know. Don't know how they didn't pick up on that. It seemed obivous to me.

I was just thinking about what a brute Turner is after his run on that 3rd down. Guy is a beast. Never really cut it with SD. Although hard to find a place in the backfield there. He single-handedly won me more money that I deserved when betting on Northern Illinois games when he was in college. He was a point-spread's worst nightmare.

Never really cut it with SD? More like he couldn't make it past LT on the depth chart. He wouldn't have fumbled twice in the red-zone on the one-yard line' date=' for sure.[/i']

Talking of betting, I need a Bears score soon, and preferably a TD. Fancied the Bears to sneak a win and the point-spread was decent at +4. We need to take advantage of these red-zone trips.

EDIT: TOUCHDOWN! Greg Olson. A couple of HUUUGE catches by him on that drive.

Game over. A final drive littered with big plays, bad plays and a ton of penalties. Orlando Pace ruins our best shot by falling over on 4th and 1 at the Atlanta 5. Probably didn't deserve the win, but I felt Cutler might have pulled something out of the bag again, like he did against Pittsburgh.

Ugh. Bed time.

Announcers pit it perfectly... "self destruction".

No way that Clark was the best option on that last play. Cutler never looked @ anyone else. How could he not go to Olsen considering how clutch Olsen was all game ?

Announcers pit it perfectly... "self destruction".

No way that Clark was the best option on that last play. Cutler never looked @ anyone else. How could he not go to Olsen considering how clutch Olsen was all game ?

Olsen would have been my go-to guy as well. Just seen that we outscored the Falcons in yards, first downs and time of possession (maybe 3rd down conversion as well). The difference - the extra turnover with which the Falcons scored a TD off (oh, and our red-zone ineptness).

Predictably, the Pats roll over the Bucs in the Wembley showdown. It was inevitable; the Bucs are awful, although at least they kept the score semi-respectable...kind of. Inde, San Diego and Green Bay all rack up big wins on the road as well.

A much needed Vikings defeat from a Bears point of view - just a shame that we're getting absolutely tonked by the Bengals. Palmer and OchoCinco are having a field day, while, inevitably, Cedric Benson is running all over us. I don't know where our defense has gone (well, we know where the linemen have gone - on the sidelines), and we're asking Cutler to do too much. I know he's struggling this season, but we really need to utilise Forte more. We're into the fourth quarter now and he's carried the ball just six times. No wonder Cutler's throwing so many picks - we're passing on every down.

A couple of wild games going on at Miami and Dallas. I'm hoping they'll push on and smash 47.5 points each to win me my double! :D

Huge props go to Brett Favre tonight, who got one hell of a frosty reception on his first return to Lambeau Field and the Packers. Favre was fantastic all game, throwing 4 TD's in a bit of a shootout. Aaron Rodgers, the guy who replaced Favre after leaving Green Bay, did admirably well to engineer an almost brilliant comeback after going down 24-3 early in the 3rd quarter. But it was the old dog who had his day and the Vikings move to 7-1 and are well on their way to winning the NFC North division. It really is hard to believe, that at the age of 40, this guy is still a genius. MVP anyone?

Other thoughts to Sunday's games:

• Personally, I'm glad to see Vince Young back in action for the Titans. He had a tough time of things early last season and was benched in favour of Kerry Collins, who led them to the play-offs. However, Tennessee have been rather inept this season, so Young has been given a second chance to show off his undoubted talent. In his first start today, he moved the ball round without making any mistakes, while displaying his excellent scrambling ability on a fair few occasions also to guide the Titans to their first win of the season.
  • Also in that game, we saw two of the best running backs in the NFL rack up some huge numbers. Chris Johnson eased the pressure on Young immensely by dashing for a hefty 228 yards on 24 carries for 2 TD's. Meanwhile, "pocket-Hercules", Maurice Jones-Drew amassed a staggering 177 yards on just 8 carries. Great numbers, although, perhaps it just indicates how poor the run defences of Jacksonville and Tennessee actually are.
  • The Eagles are making a name for themselves after recording a big win over the Giants, who seem to be in complete disarray after such an impressive opening to the season. DeSean Jackson continued his reputation as one of the most devastating offensive weapons in the NFL with another 50+ yard reception for a TD. How many times is that now this season? Philadelphia's impressive form does beg the question, however: how the hell did they lose to Oakland the other week?
  • Tennessee aren't the first team to get their first win of the year today, as St. Louis went into Detroit and cleared the big fat "0" from their stat-line. Steven Jackson, who is incredibly underrated due to him being dragged down by his awful franchise, had a monster game while an excellent fake punt for a TD helped the Rams to victory (gonna try and find a video for that - worth a watch!).
  • Talking of teams who recorded their first wins, Denver got their first defeat of the year as they went down quite comfortably in Baltimore. Has the Bronco's bubble burst, or did the Ravens just finally display a bit more of their true potential to be genuine play-off contenders? The Colts and Saints are the last two remaining undefeated teams, with the Saints in action against the Falcons tomorrow night.
  • Note to Stephen Gostkowski: next week, when the Dolphins roll into town, DO NOT kick towards Ted Ginn Jr. This guy single handedly won the game for Miami today with two 100-yard kick-off returns for a TD as their offense could not get going against the Jets.
  • And finally, good to see the Bears bounce back from their mauling in Cincinatti last week. Yes, it was only the Browns, but a win is a win right now as we're desperate to keep tabs on the Vikings. Fingers crossed for a wild-card spot, but I'm not holding out too much hope.

My 'Fantasy NFL Team' straight up got murked this week, as finally the Titans decided to show up, with Chris Johnson's amazing running game, put up 42.5 fantasy points! :mad: Still got Pierre-Thomas, Shockey, Roddy White to play in tonights Monday Night match, hopefully both ATL and Orleans will goto town on each other, with a high-scoring affair, Saints winning it of course. :rolleyes:

My 'Fantasy NFL Team' straight up got murked this week' date=' as finally the Titans decided to show up, with Chris Johnson's amazing running game, put up 42.5 fantasy points! :mad: Still got Pierre-Thomas, Shockey, Roddy White to play in tonights Monday Night match, hopefully both ATL and Orleans will goto town on each other, with a high-scoring affair, Saints winning it of course. :rolleyes:[/font']

I can't remember who was in my team this week! I know I had Vincent Jackson, who had a great day, Matt Schaub, who posted half-decent numbers, but really should have done better against bloomin' Buffalo, while Beanie Wells and and Shonne Greene were used sparingly. Gotta hope Drew gets to work quick tonight and connects with Colston about 40 times! :P

What site do you use for fantasy?

I can't remember who was in my team this week! I know I had Vincent Jackson' date=' who had a great day, Matt Schaub, who posted half-decent numbers, but really should have done better against bloomin' Buffalo, while Beanie Wells and and Shonne Greene were used sparingly. Gotta hope Drew gets to work quick tonight and connects with Colston about 40 times! :P

What site do you use for fantasy?[/quote']

I use fleaflicker.com. yourself?

My record right now is 4-3, will probs go 4-4 if those players i mentioned don't come up big for me today, plus this week hit my team hard as i have 7 players on a 'bye' week. :rolleyes:

My team:

QB - Tom Brady

QB- Eli Manning

QB - Michael Vick (I have 2 trade offers for him; 1) for Ray Rice. 2) for Tony Romo.)

RB - Rashad Mendenhall

RB - Jamal Lewis

RB - Clinton Portis

RB - Pierre-Thomas

WR - Wes Welker

WR - Reggie Wayne

WR - Roddy White

WR - Steve Breaston

TE - Jeremy Shockey

TE - Kellen Winslow

K - Gostkowski

TM - Steelers

I use fleaflicker.com. yourself?

My record right now is 4-3' date=' will probs go 4-4 if those players i mentioned don't come up big for me today, plus this week hit my team hard as i have 7 players on a 'bye' week. :rolleyes:

My team:

QB - Tom Brady

QB- Eli Manning

QB - Michael Vick (I have 2 trade offers for him; 1) for Ray Rice. 2) for Tony Romo.)

RB - Rashad Mendenhall

RB - Jamal Lewis

RB - Clinton Portis

RB - Pierre-Thomas

WR - Wes Welker

WR - Reggie Wayne

WR - Roddy White

WR - Steve Breaston

TE - Jeremy Shockey

TE - Kellen Winslow

K - Gostkowski

TM - Steelers[/font']

Just the one on Sky Sports/NFL UK. You can change your team each week and get to pick a QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, a TE, a K and a Team Defence. Most points at the end of a week get put into a draw to win a trip to the super bowl. I haven't got close yet... :o

As for that trade, I'd definately get rid of Vick man. He offers little value behind McNabb right now. He could get more action over the next year or two, but he's never gonna be number one in Philly and you can easily get a decent enough No.3 QB. I'd trade for Rice because you have two top QB's in Brady and Manning, whereas you're RB corps lacks quality. Lewis confirmed yesterday that he's going to retire and the end of the season, while Clinton Portis seems past it as well, in my opinion. Mendenhall and Thomas are quality backs to have, and having Rice as well will improve your depth.

Just the one on Sky Sports/NFL UK. You can change your team each week and get to pick a QB' date=' 2 RB's, 2 WR's, a TE, a K and a Team Defence. Most points at the end of a week get put into a draw to win a trip to the super bowl. I haven't got close yet... :o

As for that trade, I'd definately get rid of Vick man. He offers little value behind McNabb right now. He could get more action over the next year or two, but he's never gonna be number one in Philly and you can easily get a decent enough No.3 QB. I'd trade for Rice because you have two top QB's in Brady and Manning, whereas you're RB corps lacks quality. Lewis confirmed yesterday that he's going to retire and the end of the season, while Clinton Portis seems past it as well, in my opinion. Mendenhall and Thomas are quality backs to have, and having Rice as well will improve your depth.[/quote']

Yeah my thoughts exactly about Ray Rice, especially with how inconsistent, awful the Redskins have been this year, to the point where Portis' numbers have suffered. I was trying to hold out to see if any teams would give me a Wide Receiver, but nobody's budging, plus the deal for Romo is useless as i'll always stick with Brady, he was my first pick in the draft. Also can't believe this but a team CUT Dallas Clarke, but I didn't move in fast enough to pick him up, most probs would've dropped Winslow. :( The way the fleaflicker one works is, Head-to-Head, 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 TM.

Yeah my thoughts exactly about Ray Rice' date=' especially with how inconsistent, awful the Redskins have been this year, to the point where Portis' numbers have suffered. I was trying to hold out to see if any teams would give me a Wide Receiver, but nobody's budging, plus the deal for Romo is useless as i'll always stick with Brady, he was my first pick in the draft. Also can't believe this but a team CUT Dallas Clarke, but I didn't move in fast enough to pick him up, most probs would've dropped Winslow. :( The way the fleaflicker one works is, Head-to-Head, 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 TM.[/font']

Yeh, it sounds a bit like the Yahoo! format, which I tried a couple of years ago. Tough luck on Clark - that manager's an idiot! :P

Good shout for Favre MVP... Why not... He's as great a choice as any right now.

And how about the J-E-T-S... What a way to lose. That one HAD to have hurt. Outgain Miami roughly 400 vs 100 ; 23 first downs vs 10 ; Hold the ball 10 minutes longer.... and somehow STILL find a way to lose. I love it !

Oh and if it that weren't enough, Randy Lerner is on the verge of firing that clown, Mangini, in Cleveland. Dude is officially found out.

Atlanta is no pushover, but I'm laying the points tonight. NO @ home and ATL stinks against the pass. Brees could throw for 300 in his sleep. I'm taking the Over, too.

Good shout for Favre MVP... Why not... He's as great a choice as any right now.

And how about the J-E-T-S... What a way to lose. That one HAD to have hurt. Outgain Miami roughly 400 vs 100 ; 23 first downs vs 10 ; Hold the ball 10 minutes longer.... and somehow STILL find a way to lose. I love it !

Oh and if it that weren't enough' date=' Randy Lerner is on the verge of firing that clown, Mangini, in Cleveland. Dude is officially found out.

Atlanta is no pushover, but I'm laying the points tonight. NO @ home and ATL stinks against the pass. Brees could throw for 300 in his sleep. I'm taking the Over, too.[/quote']

Yup, Peyton's the only other one worthy enough to consider right now.

As for tonight's game, I agree with you. I have been really impressed with the Saints this year as they have proved on more than one occasion that they are not just a one-dimensional team. They can run the ball, they do have a defence and they can come from behind. They've gotta be NFC conference favourites right now. If I had some money, I'd be joining you in backing Drew & co. It's just frustrating that I'll have to find a cruddy internet feed as we don't get MNF this season for some unbeknown reason. :mad:

I don't know how these odds makers do it week-in and week-out.

Wild game. Big plays on both sides of the ball all night long.

60 seconds left in the New Orleans / Atlanta game and it's a 35-24 game. Of course the spread was the Saints laying 11.

EDIT:

• Elam kicks a 40-yd field goal with 28 seconds left ; there goes the Saints covering the spread
  • ATL recovers the onside kick
  • Ryan throws for the endzone on the last play ; intercepted.

NO wins 35-27 & remain undefeated @ 7-0, but ATL looked pretty good, especially that defensive line and Michael Turner busted through for 151. Guy is a monster.

Haha! OWNAGE! Did you all hear about, The KC Chiefs and Larry Johnson? LOL. LJ is only 75 yards away from being the all-time KC Chiefs all-time leading rusher, so the Chiefs supporters decided to start-up a petition to stop this from happening as they don't want him to be a historic part of the team after his off-field tantrums, and behaviour. They've got like over 1700 sigs so far but The Chiefs haven't said how they'd handle the matter if anything I think they're trying to blow it over, saying mistakes are lessons learned... kinda thing. Would love to see him break the 75 yards at home, the fans would certainly turn it into a memorable scene to remember. :rolleyes:

Hmm... thought maybe we could get this thread more active by doing some picks, so feel free to weigh in on your opinions and picks. :)

WEEK 9 MATCHUPS

Washington at Atlanta W (6 - 24)

The dirty south to take this one, Falcons showed up strong against New Orleans and that vital interception in the red zone by the Saints is what got them tangled up last week, but this week they have the lowly, fading Redskins who are going nowhere, whose best weapon is a banged up Clinton Portis, an easy win for the Falcons imo.

Arizona at Chicago W (14 - 21)

Bears to win at Soldier Field, i had this instinct to take the Cards as they come off a loss, but the Bears are coming off a solid week, putting up 30 pts, even though it was gainst the Browns, i see them winning.

Baltimore W at Cincinnati (20 - 10)

DEFENCE... DEFENCE! Ravens to shut down the high offensively powered Bengals who have been on a roll as of late, especially the 1-2 punch of Ochocinco and Palmer, but I foresee the Ravens D forcing problems.

Houston at Indianapolis W (14 - 30)

Reggie Wayne has a groin problem and is questionable according to 'fleaflicker' on my fantasy team, but Manning is too good, with so many options.

Miami at New England W (16 - 35)

Sorry Adam G :P but Pats are back in strong form, Brady, Welker are creating a storm of points, rout coming up here.

Green Bay at Tampa Bay W (14 - 17)

That's right! A banged up Aaron Rodgers, questionable OL, we have a chance to get our first win of the season, we'll take it.

Kansas City at Jacksonville W (10 - 27)

KC are horrible, easy pickings in this nne, i expect Drew-Jones to get 3 TD's.

Carolina at New Orleans W (16 - 35)

How can you not pick the Saints, a fave for the Superbowl, full of offence and defence, Delhomme will make a mess of things.

Detroit W at Seattle (14 - 10)

I predict a boring match here, with a surprise Lions team winning.

Tennessee W at San Francisco (28 - 14)

Going on the line with this one and saying Vince Young will start.. and flourish at the chance, still think Titans are done, but look for Young to put out this game.

San Diego W at NY Giants (19 - 14)

Eli... Eli... wouldn't know his last name is Manning with the way he's been playing and I see things staying the same, i expect a dull one here.

Dallas at Philadelphia W (13 - 24)

Cowboys are playing well, now the Eagles are too after crushing the Giants last week, but one word comes to mind which scares the **** out of Tony Romo... 'BLITZ', i think we'll see alot of it and look for fumbles, and interceptions, Eagles to win.

Monday Night: Pittsburgh W at Denver (27 - 17)

Steelers have found a promising RB in Mendenhall, and i think he'll run the Bronco's DL through, i do hope the match is tighter in the 4th especially for a Monday night match, but I see Steelers casually strolling to a win.

TEAM WITH HIGHEST # of POINTS: New Orleans/Pats

TEAM WITH LOWEST # of POINTS: Redskins

BIG GAME PLAYER THIS WEEK: Vince Young :eek:

FLOP OF THE WEEK: Tony Romo - Against Eagles he'll get Blitz'd like it's nobody's business, and choke under the pressure.

Interesting. I would have tried to have got something like this setup at the start of the season, but the lack of interest in the thread on the whole put me off. Here's my thoughts on this week's matchups.

WEEK 9 MATCHUPS

Washington at Atlanta

Washington are pretty terrible. Apart from Portis, they don't have a lot going for them, whereas the Atlanta offense have so much going for them, they'll easily be able to rack up a shed load of points. I can see some monster numbers for Matt Ryan in this one.

Arizona at Chicago

So glad we're playing the Cards at home, in the cold, instead of in the desert, in the cosy indoors. I think that could be the difference, as we are much more comfortable at home, but the defence must show up like last week, and not like at Cinci. Will be close, but the Bears can sneak it.

Baltimore at Cincinnati

I still think there are more questions than answers regarding the Ravens right now. Should be a feisty one, like it was a few weeks ago, but I predict the 3 C's, Carson, Cedric and Chad to come through and deliver once again. Win this, and the Bengals are legitimate AFC threats.

Houston at Indianapolis

This will be a lot closer than many will expect. Houston have been excellent this term and have one of, if not the best WR in the NFL in Andre Johnson - I love that guy. Schuab's finally being given a chance to shine and is having a mint season because of it. Texans to look good in defeat.

Miami at New England

The Pats are slowly but surely returning to their best form and I think they'll have too much for the Dolphins this weekend. Stop the run, and Miami don't have an offense. Just don't kick to Ted Ginn Jr.!!!

Green Bay at Tampa Bay

The Packers have been getting a bit of unfair stick in my opinion. Sure, their O-Line sucks, but Rodgers still performs admirally despite of this, in my opinion. I see him bouncing back to beat the woeful Bucs and their rookie QB.

Kansas City at Jacksonville

What dya say? Easy win for the Jags. Should be a blowout.

Carolina at New Orleans

The Panthers have nothing on the Saints. Maybe their running game could compete, but their passing game, defence and special teams can't. Saints to go 8-0.

Detroit at Seattle

Things are definately brighter in Detroit and they are no longer the pushovers they were last season. However, I still think Seattle, at home, will bag the win, with Hasselbeck putting up some strong numbers.

Tennessee at San Francisco

I agree with you Kylan; I just have a sneaky feeling that Vince is trying to prove a point and he shall continue to do so this weekend. He'll have a tough time with San Fran's tough D, but his scrambling ability will put them on edge and win them the game. Just keep giving CJ the ball.

San Diego at NY Giants

Giants in disarray? Nah, they just did spectacularly well in the first few weeks of the season and now they're getting the bad press when the chips are down. Could be a bit of a shootout this one, but I trust Eli to lead the Giants back to form.

Dallas at Philadelphia

This should be a great game, with two teams meeting each other in great form. All eyes will be on to of the hottest WR's right now, in DeSean Jackson and Miles Austin, but I think these two could cancel each other out. Philly to sneak it.

Monday Night: Pittsburgh at Denver

The Broncos came unstuck last week, but have enough in the tank to see of the defending champs. I see the Broncos D getting to Roethlesburger and stifling Mendenhall, while Orton will steadily go about his business once more.

TEAM WITH HIGHEST # of POINTS: Falcons

TEAM WITH LOWEST # of POINTS: Panthers

BIG GAME PLAYER THIS WEEK: Matt Ryan

FLOP OF THE WEEK: Jason Campbell - to get benched.

Interesting. I would have tried to have got something like this setup at the start of the season' date=' but the lack of interest in the thread on the whole put me off. Here's my thoughts on this week's matchups.

Monday Night: Pittsburgh at [b']Denver [/b]

The Broncos came unstuck last week, but have enough in the tank to see of the defending champs. I see the Broncos D getting to Roethlesburger and stifling Mendenhall, while Orton will steadily go about his business once more.

Yeah I understand about the picks thing not being done at the beginning, I think when you made the thread i did 2 posts then went away, i'm one of those forum ppl whose super active for a month, then wont post for another month or two, will try to change on that. :o Hopefully we can keep the picks going though now, and more people will join in.

Hmm.. I'm second guessing my pick on the Steelers for the Monday Night match, I've kinda underestimated Orton all of this season, even though he has been stellar. Something though is saying go with 'Big Ben', we'll see what happens, I'm fine as long as Monday Night games are a '4th quarter crunchers', enhances the viewer enjoyment. Just a sidenote; Would be interesting to see if a big name footballer or somebody in Rugby like Wilko where to make the transition to the NFL as a kicker, just how many yards there kick distance average would be.