The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

Me thinks Roger Goodell will be having urgent meetings to try and end the referees lockout in time for Sunday!

Worryingly, the league released a statement saying they agree with the officials decision not to overturn the ruling. And they also said they wouldn't be leveraged into buckling to the demands of the regular referees.

This may get even worse before it gets better.

Terrible day for the NFL indeed. I hear a lot of people saying they won't watch another game until the replacement refs are gone, and who can blame them :P

I'll watch them regardless, as I'm still learning the ropes, and couldn't really care less about a bad call, unless it affects the Ravens :P

Well Monday Night Football was certainly... interesting...

I dare say we'll be seeing the regular referees back pretty soon.

I didn't think it could get any worse than the Pats-Ravens game, well I was wrong!

The trouble is Goodell has a big dilemma on his hands. Although everyone would want the regular refs back, the problem is that there won't be consistent officiating throughout the season because there's no doubt some games have been badly affected by poor refereeing.

Own 1 yard line, 59 seconds and no timeouts and they end up winning the game, no this wasn't me on Madden 13 this was The Falcons and Matt Ryan/Bryant.

Rex Ryan needs to bring in Tebow I think, I watch Redzone every week so don't see all The Jets games but his stats speak for their selves, it's Tebow time!!

For a second week in a row, I reiterate, I'll be surprised if the Bucs finish above .500.

You got Cundiff on the other end missing FG's for the 'Skins (going 1 for 4), you'd think the Bucs could take advantage, no, only to have this biatch, kick the winning FG. This team is having serious problems closing out games, are in dire need of an actual NFL calibre running back, who can single handedly put up more than 30 yards per game, in addition to easing the load off Freeman, who just can't be 'the guy', in my eyes.

I have been impressed with the Bucs at times this year Kylan, in the same way parts of the Miami game has impressed me!

Looking forward to this weekend's game, think its one that we could actually win! RT1 is starting to show some promise, and had a really good game last week, he just needs to cut down the interceptions! Reggie Bush should have a monster game, and we finally cut Naanee and picked up Jabbar Gaffney, who in my eyes is a much better player! Gaffney, Hartline and Bess, what a scary prospect for opposition defenses :P

Own 1 yard line' date=' 59 seconds and no timeouts and they end up winning the game, no this wasn't me on Madden 13 this was The Falcons and Matt Ryan/Bryant.

Rex Ryan needs to bring in Tebow I think, I watch Redzone every week so don't see all The Jets games but his stats speak for their selves, it's Tebow time!![/quote']

That miracle helped me win my bet last Sunday. However, I experienced both the highs and the lows of the betting world that day as I put my winnings on the Giants who I felt certain would beat the Eagles, and they went and lost on a last second FG miss. :(

Great win for the Bears on Monday night, things are beginning to look very nice - even the offensive line doesn't look too bad. Cutler had a great game with a ridiculous 140+ passer rating, and the defense were just unstoppable. Five picks, two being returned for TD's - when you have a defense who are that dominant, you're going to have a chance whoever you're playing. 3-1 now, and I like the look of our upcoming schedule:

@ Jags

Bye

Lions

Panthers

@ Titans

I think we can win all four of those, and we'd do well to screw up from a 7-1 position. The only danger is that I can imagine the Pack lurking closely behind even if we won all of those games, and the Vikes are seeming like a bit of a surprise package right now, although I don't expect it to last in all honesty.

That miracle helped me win my bet last Sunday. However' date=' I experienced both the highs and the lows of the betting world that day as [b']I put my winnings on the Giants who I felt certain would beat the Eagles[/b], and they went and lost on a last second FG miss. :(

Fool of a took!

Has somebody dipped this football in butter for Mike Vick today?

He's a lovely chap Mike, clearly sees that the Steelers need as many posessions as possible to score any points, so just keeps giving the ball back to them.

He's so generous. <3

He's a lovely chap Mike' date=' clearly sees that the Steelers need as many posessions as possible to score any points, so just keeps giving the ball back to them.

He's so generous. <3[/quote']

Both offenses looking pretty horrible so far!

Jamaal Charles already has 100 yards rushing midway through the first half - agains the Ravens D. Doesn't look like missing last season has affected him too much.

Shady McCoy is carrying the Eagles on his shoulders right now. Makes it all the more daft how few carries he gets in some games.

Think Andy might be learning some very imporant lessons about who he can rely on!

Absolutely, he was brilliant on that drive, two 4th-down conversions. Something about you Eagles this season, you're playing some truly mediocre football, but still finding a way to win games.