The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

Absolutely' date=' he was brilliant on that drive, two 4th-down conversions. Something about you Eagles this season, you're playing some truly mediocre football, but still finding a way to win games.[/quote']

I don't know what you're talking about... We have been truly spectacular on every down offensively and defensively for the entire season... ;)

It definitely hasn't been pretty, lots of silly turnovers, some silly game management from the big love walrus, and at times our poor tackling from last season has resurfaced.

Regardless, much prefer this to last season where we'd play lovely stuff for 3 quarters then blow comfortable fourth quarter leads!

I don't know what you're talking about... We have been truly spectacular on every down offensively and defensively for the entire season... ;)

It definitely hasn't been pretty' date=' lots of silly turnovers, some silly game management from the big love walrus, and at times our poor tackling from last season has resurfaced.

Regardless, much prefer this to last season where we'd play lovely stuff for 3 quarters then blow comfortable fourth quarter leads![/quote']

Well, you ain't getting a win here I'm afraid, your luck has run out!

Was hoping I'd jinx it...had money on you guys to win! :(

EDIT: Colts take the lead against the Pack! Get in!

Haha, I had a vague hope but was never really in doubt.

Disappointed to lose the game, had a good oppurtunity to go to 4-1 but our offense started poorly and our defense finished poorly. And Reid has once again had issues with game management, with us wasting two time-outs which, combined with poor defensive play allowed the Steelers to take up 6 and a half minutes with that last drive. Not good enough!

And it would be great to see the Colts nick a win for Pagano.

This thread is far too quiet this season. :(

It's another Sunday' date=' and it's another horrible performance from Mike Vick so far. He is being murdered by this Lions D line. Luckily for the Eagles, the Lions aren't punishing them for their offensive mishaps.[/quote']

I am still gobsmacked about how Miami seem to be surprising me as every week goes by, far too much for me to even think about writing about!!!

Looking forward to the later game between the Giants and the 49ers!

I am still gobsmacked about how Miami seem to be surprising me as every week goes by' date=' far too much for me to even think about writing about!!!

Looking forward to the later game between the Giants and the 49ers![/quote']

You an me both! Been very impressed with Tannehill so far (as with pretty much all the rookie QB's to be fair), didn't expect him to start so well and he's getting a lot more out of your WR corps than could ever have been expected. I bet your concerns over the new head coach have long gone as well!

I was much more worried about the lack of offensive weapons we had rather than our head coach at the start of the season. I think Philbin has done a pretty good job so far and as for Tannehill, he is learning extremely quickly. I saw a interview with Sherman, who said that Tannehill isnt making the same mistake twice, which is always good!

Hartline has certainly stepped up this year, Davone Bess is doing a good job, Fasano showed glimpses last year, and has just scored another TD, whilst Marlon Moore seems to have come out of nowhere to have a really good first half. Whilst Reggie Bush, is just Reggie Bush! ;) Plus our defense have been really good this year.

I take back some of my criticism of Vick, and heap it all and a whole lot more on Matthew Stafford and the Lions. They have been AWFUL today, Stafford is 7/21 for 91 yards and an interception, and the Lions have committed a ridiculous 12 penalties for 102 yards so far. They're so ill-disciplined and were so last season, but what on earth has happened to the explosive offense from a year ago?

I take back some of my criticism of Vick' date=' and heap it all and a whole lot more on Matthew Stafford and the Lions. They have been AWFUL today, Stafford is 7/21 for 91 yards and an interception, and the Lions have committed a ridiculous 12 penalties for 102 yards so far. They're so ill-disciplined and were so last season, but what on earth has happened to the explosive offense from a year ago?[/quote']

I am laughing at the awful offensive line from the Lions today. It also helps that he is Kylan's starting QB in fantasy, who I just so happen to be up against this week ;)

I am laughing at the awful offensive line from the Lions today. It also helps that he is Kylan's starting QB in fantasy' date=' who I just so happen to be up against this week ;)[/quote']

I'm up again Rhys' team today, although that team is just Shonn Greene, he now has 161 yards and 3 TD's, more than doubling his points production for the entire season - what a joke.

Good job AJ Green is such a beast to keep me in it.

Well that wasn't fun.

Been horribly ill for about 4/5 days and spent the last 3 days in bed, decided I'd drag myself downstairs for the Eagles game and set it to record just in case. Ended up falling asleep and then getting up about 9, bit annoying but not the end of the world as I had it recording so I'd just have to be in a bit of a media-blackout for a few hours.

I watched until about 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter, when the game overlapped with the NY/SF game, which I had forgotten to set to record, and it cut out with us 23-13 up.

Checked on NFL.com to see that a 26-23 OT loss. Pretty dreadful but don't know what happened and personally still fuming about a ridiculous offensive pass interference call on Brent Celek which took a touchdown away from us. Not to mention our OL which is at the moment shaping up to battle for the worst in the NFL, and some ridiculous running play calls.

Icing on the cake, switch the TV to live to see the Giants giving the 49ers a battering.

Back to bed for a few days I think.

*EDIT* At least the Cowgirls still suck.

I'm up for work in less than 5 hours but the ending to these game are awesome!!!

Jay Feely sets himself a new record with a 61 yarder to draw the game up and with 3 seconds to go he misses from 35 yards to win the game :confused:

Russel Wilson throws a hail mary pass to Sidney Rice which will now win the Seahawks the game :D

So the Ravens lose Ray Lewis and Lardarius Webb to season-ending injuries, possibly career ending for Ray. Huge, huge loss, the five best players on the Ravens D are undoubtedly Lewis, Reed, Ngata, Suggs and Webb, and they have now lost 3 of those. Suggs will come back but he seems to be really rushing to get back and it's hard to see him really getting fully fit and firing until next season even if he doesn't re-injure himself.

Luckily they have already squeezed to 5-1, so it's hard to see them collapsing to the point where they can't go 5-5 for the rest of the season which would probably be enough for the play-offs. But hard to see them mounting any serious superbowl challenge without their offense really really stepping up a gear.

Sucks for Lewis though, he was already on a decline this season, having to drop weight to maintain quickness and fitness has clearly had an effect on his power, but the man is just an incredible leader and will still be a huge miss. I don't even know the bloke but would follow him into battle in a heartbeat. I'm sure he'll fight his way back in the off-season, but it's hard to see him coming back and being able to play at a sufficient level to be a consistently contributing starter.

The beginning of a new era for the Ravens.

With the Wembley game quickly coming upon us, which I am extremely excited about going too for the fourth consecutive year, NFL officials are set to announce a second game in 2013 to be held in London.

Already announced is that 49ers at the Jaguars, but they are expected to announce that the Minnesota Vikings will be the hometeam for the other game. I for one cannot wait to see that, especially if they bring the Steelers over!

EDIT: Steelers @ Vikings has now been announced!