The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

Now hang on there! I haven't been cheering any Titan all game long thank you very much! Just saying that' date=' when you're 51-12 up, it doesn't make much of a difference what the other team does. If it helps my fantasy team, then that's a bonus. ;)

(And my team were struggling this week, much-needed points as it happens!!)[/quote']

But, how would you know before the game whether you would be in a winning position or not? Imagine if CJ1K had scored the winning TD :P

I don't know what's more depressing... Supporting Saints (Of the Southampton variety, rather than those New Orleans chappies), or supporting the Eagles.

It definitely seems like any day on which they both play is a bad one.

But I suppose the game isn't over yet, but considering we've spent the majority of the game trying to protect 6 or 7 rushers with 5 blockers, and our defense is just being picked apart, my hopes aren't high.

And as I was writing this, we attempted a bizarre special teams Music City Miracle style play on a kick return, which was run in for a touchdown, only to be called back as the pass was forward rather than lateral.

Nail. In. Coffin. Very rarely turn off or leave games early (Well I never leave games early), but I think my bed is calling.

Biggest game of the season tonight, the 7-1 Texans visit Soldier Field to take on the 7-1 Bears. The Bears lead the league in takeaways, the Texans lead the league in giveaways - me thinks it may be a defensive battle. Jay Cutler is 13-1 in the last 14 games he's started, best in the NFL.

BEAR DOWN!

Sproles injury is a blessing in that way.

Does make me wonder why the hell we traded up for Ingram last year.

Well Ingram was a Heisman winner, but he's been a disappointment no doubt. Plus, New Orleans would probably remain a pass-orientated offense even with a premiere RB, such is the talent of Brees and the WR corps.

Some high-scoring games going on at the minute, good stuff.

Well Ingram was a Heisman winner' date=' but he's been a disappointment no doubt. Plus, New Orleans would probably remain a pass-orientated offense even with a premiere RB, such is the talent of Brees and the WR corps.

Some high-scoring games going on at the minute, good stuff.[/quote']

Sproles, Thomas and Ivory is more than enough though. We should of used it on a defensive back or someone who can pressure the QB. Although perhaps we have been scared away due to Patrick Robinson flopping so hard.

Always enjoyable when there are points flying left right and centre!

So, Eli finishes with 29/46 for 215 yards with no TD's and 2 interceptions, with no throw over 16 yards all day long. He hasn't thrown for a score for 3 straight games and has just 532 yards during that span. The bye week couldn't have come soon enough.

What's worse is the Giants D, usually fairly reliable, didn't register a single sack all game and had just one turnover. They made Andy Dalton look like a hall of famer. Pathetic performance, sorry Jozua. :o

NB - Yes I am bitter that Eli and the D combined for a meagre 3.70 points for my fantasy team.

So' date=' Eli finishes with 29/46 for 215 yards with no TD's and 2 interceptions, with no throw over 16 yards all day long. He hasn't thrown for a score for 3 straight games and has just 532 yards during that span. The bye week couldn't have come soon enough.

What's worse is the Giants D, usually fairly reliable, didn't register a single sack all game and had just one turnover. They made Andy Dalton look like a hall of famer. Pathetic performance, sorry Jozua. :o

NB - Yes I am bitter that Eli and the D combined for a meagre 3.70 points for my fantasy team.

Honestly it's fine Andy, normally I would be fuming, but that performance was so horrific that I'm lost for words! Too right about the bye week, Coughlin needs to light a fire under their asses :rolleyes:

Honestly it's fine Andy' date=' normally I would be fuming, but that performance was so horrific that I'm lost for words! Too right about the bye week, Coughlin needs to light a fire under their asses :rolleyes:[/quote']

Haha just lucky for you that the Eagles and Cowboys are even worse. I think the NFC East is the most competitive division in the league, but at the moment it's not a competition of the who's the best but of who can be the least bad.

Haha just lucky for you that the Eagles and Cowboys are even worse. I think the NFC East is the most competitive division in the league' date=' but at the moment it's not a competition of the who's the best but of who can be the least bad.[/quote']

Lol, no truer words have been spoken :P

Decided to stay up and watch the Bears last night despite having to get up at7 this morning for work...it's been a long day...

Anyway, to the game. Very much what I expected, a defensive struggle for both sides. The conditions were awful which made running and catching the football treacherous. In the end, the game ultimately came down to the turnover battle - the Bears coughed up the ball 4 times in the first half to the Texans 2. Foster ran the ball well in the first half and had a great catch for the only score of the game. And while the Bears D shut the Texans down completely after the break, our offense couldn't get anything going all night long.

I was really unhappy about the hit Cutler took that put him out the game, a brutal helmet-to-helmet collision that gave him a concussion. I thought this was an utter cheap shot and no manner of fine for the Texans LB will make up for the loss of Cutler. Despite his struggles at times this season, none more so than last night, we cannot function without him. Jason Campbell is a significant upgrade on Caleb Hanie, but I don't want us to have to lean on him in the run-in.

We didn't get much luck in the ball game, there were numerous debatable calls that stood up just because of the ruling on the field and there being not enough conclusive proof to overturn the decision. The biggest being the play that took Cutler out of the game, as he was penalised for throwing beyond the line of scrimmage. Had the officials not made that call, we would have been in the red zone thanks to a big catch and run from Hester, as well as the unnecessary roughness penalty. And then there was the missed field goal from Robbie Gould that came off the upright which would have made it 10-9. I think Houston went up the other end and made it 13-6 following that, a far more daunting deficit given the type of game.

Overall, I'm concerned that we're just not well-rounded enough to truly challenge this season. After Brandon Marshall (who still posted yet another 100-yard game despite awful conditions), our WR corps are really poor. With Jeffrey and Knox out, we're having to rely on Hester as our number 2, and he's just not good enough. Kellen Davis, our TE, is terrible - he got booed regularly last night after having multiple drops this season. And our line, despite an encouraging performance last night, still has question marks. Against truly elite defenses, we're completely stymied, and even mid-tier defenses (e.g. Rams, Titans) are giving us problems. Unless we can get off to fast starts against the top teams and open up a lead, we're going to struggle.