Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

The Official NFL Thread.

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

Well the NE are getting rolled over much easier than I anticipated :D

Think we missed Gronkowski a lot but it was more Ravens playing well than just that. Our offence didn't click mainly due to how the game was coached.

Our short passing game was nullified which is what we use to steamroll our way down the field with the no huddle. Once Brady was being forced to throw long in the no huddle there was gonna be trouble.

Flacco also realised quite early on that we basically over covered their run game and their big passing range' date=' so Ray Rice and Pitta started to get a lot of joy with throws just over the offensive line where there would be a huge gap between our defensive line and our secondary.

Well done the Ravens!! What an effort!

Absolutely! Great performance from the team and the coach. Glad for Ray Lewis too.

This game on any other day, I'd see San Fran winning, but I think being Ray Lewis' last game, he will be especially fired up and his team will want to give him a big send off. That might well make the difference

The only thing I havent done is post my predictions haha so I can't quote.

I always had a feeling about the Ravens last night' date=' I thought they were unlucky last season but just had a feeling you might do something this season, almost in homage to Ray Lewis and his impending retirement haha.

I'll admit I was worried about Manning, he was either going to absolutely rip them apart or you would grind it out. He almost did but you did grind it out in the end.

I quite like the Aaron Rodgers and the Packers but I feel like they are living on the super bowl success and need to go back to the drawing board for next season. I really like the 49ers this season, d I think they are (IMO) probably the most balanced team left. (I had a points margin bet on the 49ers for this :))

The Falcons are the team with the joint best record this season and always felt they would beat the Seahawks, but more comfortably than they did and you have to respect the Seahawks for that. Russell Wilson for Rookie of the Season for me.

I would like to see the Houstons beat the Patriots but think New England have too much for them. Tom Brady is great and they have scarily improved other parts of their game compared to last season (a superbowl appearance season).

49ers to beat Falcons to get NFC Championship

Patriots to beat Ravens to get AFC Championship / or Ravens to beat the Texans to get the AFC Championship

Patriots to beat the 49ers to win the Super Bowl /[b'] or 49ers to beat the Ravens to win the Superbowl.[/b]

Whatever happens, I CANNOT wait for the Super Bowl!!! :D

Standing by the bold!

I really really like the Ravens. But think the 49ers will take it.

Neutral for tonight. Been to Baltimore, loved the place and the people are great but I've liked the 49ers all season.

Ravens are the underdogs and wouldn't want it any other way. Sticking to my original prediction. Just think its going to be Kaepernick's night and rise to stardom. Flacco and Ray Lewis ain't going to make it easy though!

Well excited :) :)

Dunno how much I am going to be able to watch :(

Same' date=' going to watch as much as I possibly can!

Any neutral who doesn't support the Ravens tonight has no heart!

Lol probably right. But I've backed the 49ers all through the playoffs so have to stick by it.

Baltimore was cool & the people were great, it'd be nice for them to win in.

Flacco vs Kaepernick is going to be very, very interesting!

Oh the joy of having a Monday off :P

If I had any spare holiday I would have booked it off for sure! Think ill make it half time for sure, after that its down to my eyelids! (& how good the game is :P)

Never understood why Ray Lewis had the mechanical mechanism looking protection on his arm. What is it supposed to do? :o

Lol its an arm brace :P

It's to help him with his injury as much as anything but also makes him look a little cooler :P

The brace is designed to limit the range of motion at which Lewis' triceps would be most taxed. This specific point is likely determined by functional tests and the knowledge of where Lewis' injury is

If you want to read in more detail go here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1503689-ray-lewis-custom-brace-has-him-on-field-for-super-bowl

Lol its an arm brace :P

It's to help him with his injury as much as anything but also makes him look a little cooler :P

If you want to read in more detail go here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1503689-ray-lewis-custom-brace-has-him-on-field-for-super-bowl

LOL yeah, I didn't really remmember him ever having an elbow brace as I haven't really watched Football this year. It does make him cooler :P. It's like he's got a super powerful bio-mechanical arm :D!

LOL yeah' date=' I didn't really remmember him ever having an elbow brace as I haven't really watched Football this year. It does make him cooler :P. It's like he's got a super powerful bio-mechanical arm :D![/quote']

Haha he tore his tricep earlier in the year, only just got healthy in time for play-offs.