The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

This whole Hernandez saga is sheer madness' date=' I saw earlier that he could be charged with three murders and one other shooting in three separate incidents.

And in actual footballing matters, the Patriots look in really bad shape.[/quote']

Pats will be fine, they still have Brady. If he went down though, they're a 4-12 team.

Pats will be fine' date=' they still have Brady. If he went down though, they're a 4-12 team.[/quote']

Of course, they'll still be fine, they are only in 'bad shape' by their own standards, but it'll take something miraculous for them to make any kind of play-off run. Their defense and run game will have to really get into gear because as things stand their passing game lacks weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooo didnt realise that people had started writing on here!

I figured I would send an email through the nfl site to see who was still interested but have only heard back from four or five people. I think it will be easier, if people send me their email addresses, just think its a little easier to organise etc.

If anyone wanted to send me their emails through this site, whether they played in the league last year, or even if they are interested in playing this year, then please do. Mikey you dont have too, I know your email!

On another note, Miami for the Superbowl!

Although my NFL knowledge is still limited I'm excited for the new season, Redskins unlucky to lose to the Seahawks in last years play-offs and this year have Orakpo back, hopefully same as last year without the RGIII injury.

Pipe down you two' date=' Marc Trestman's offense is gonna blow the lid off things this year, BEARDOWN![/quote']

Andy I'm sorry to say your more likely to win the Superbowl with Jamarcus Russell under center than Gay Butler.

• 4 weeks later...

Andy I'm sorry to say your more likely to win the Superbowl with Jamarcus Russell under center than Gay Butler.

Just seen this' date=' quit your trolling boy! If the O-line stands up this year, Cutler's throwing 4000+, guarantee it.

Just seen this, absolutely brilliant:

[YOUTUBE']jn5zytfm9No[/YOUTUBE]

• 2 weeks later...

We're about to get underway soon with this seasons SM NFL Fantasy League for anyone who's unaware of it and interested, it's great fun. We do a live draft where you can draft your team, then you can set your team to play head-to-head against other players every week, and then the teams with the best Win/Loss records go into the play-off for one to be named champion! Only a few days left before it'll have to be closed and a date for the draft will have to be set and we can probably fit another 5 or so guys in, so if you want in then head to the thread or message Adam.

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets booked for the Buccs vs Cardinals game on the 29th September.

Infront of the ship so hoping for plenty of TD's :P

Have only had a tour around the Raymond James so will be good to be there for a game.

Makes up a bit for missing out on Wembley.

Nice! Very jealous, the main reason I want to go to America is to watch NFL/college games!

Neither have I but I think it's

Freshman

Sophmore

Senior

NFL

It's normally 4 years of college before the NFL : freshman, sophomore, junior, senior. A player can play 5 years if he is redshirted one year because he is injured or there is no room for him on the squad. The best players usually declared themselves eligibles for the nfl fraft before their fourth year.

It's normally 4 years of college before the NFL : freshman' date=' sophomore, junior, senior. A player can play 5 years if he is redshirted one year because he is injured or there is no room for him on the squad. The best players usually declared themselves eligibles for the nfl fraft before their fourth year.[/quote']

This. Will be interesting to see if Johnny Manziel enters next years draft (for those who don't know, Manziel won the Heismann trophy [best college player] last season as a freshman). Obviously too early to say with another full college season yet to go but from what I gather, his game could do with some refinement before joining the pros, almost Tebow-esque refinement. I suspect he will declare himself eligible, however.

I wish there was better coverage of the college game in the UK. :(

This. Will be interesting to see if Johnny Manziel enters next years draft (for those who don't know' date=' Manziel won the Heismann trophy [best college player'] last season as a freshman). Obviously too early to say with another full college season yet to go but from what I gather, his game could do with some refinement before joining the pros, almost Tebow-esque refinement. I suspect he will declare himself eligible, however.

I wish there was better coverage of the college game in the UK. :(

Yeah me too, I watched a bit when I had ESPN but when that went I stopped watching it, where do you watch it mate? Also Manziel was the reason I asked about the system, seen him last season a few times and when I opened up my NFL app the other day the opening article was about him entering his second year.

Yeah me too' date=' I watched a bit when I had ESPN but when that went I stopped watching it, where do you watch it mate? Also Manziel was the reason I asked about the system, seen him last season a few times and when I opened up my NFL app the other day the opening article was about him entering his second year.[/quote']

I don't, that's the problem. Simply know what I read/snippets I see online.

A big part of me is glad there is no top tier football this weekend so I can concentrate on NFL. Really looking forward to beating the Falcons first game :P

Cannot describe how much I'm looking forward to the season, Sunday nights are finally relevant again! I think the Bears will surprise a lot of people this season, think Trestman will prove to be an inspired appointment. The Bengals will be the first to appreciate this on Sunday!

Purchased gamepass as well for the first time this season, not gonna miss a Bears game all year long! :D