Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

The Official NFL Thread.

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

So... heading into the Monday Night'r my picks have gone 8/12. :) Definitely my two let-down picks where Raves, Eagles. Once again, good call on the Bengals Andy, I was so sure of myself that the Ravens would have that one in the bag, Ochocinco made some amazing catches in that game. I've already talked about my disappointment with the Ravens, I thought there defensive coverage all the way from the DL's, to their corner-backs would be solid, creating problems for the Bengals to produce points, but as much as Cinnci where able to put up 17pts, it was their defence which won them the game, Flacco and Ray Rice where just SHUT DOWN, that was pretty much the same in the Sunday Night game between the Eagles-Cowboys. Sure Romo was good, his throw to his fave target nowadays, Miles Austin got that TD off a great throw, but I think the big notice was the Cowboys defence, time and time stopping the Eagles on 3rd downs, also McNabb, a QB that plays relatively good outside the pocket found himself scrambling more than usual under great defensive pressure, unable to make big-time plays which he's known for. On top of that not many teams go into Philli coming away with a win, but the Cowboys did it, and in my opinion perhaps showing that they could be very serious about getting to the Superbowl this year, especially when they're in the toughest division in the NFL, now ahead of the Eagles and the struggling Giants, could avoid playing for a wildcard spot and get a 'bye' in the 1st round, only if they don't let-up, but the season is still young.

monday-night-football.jpg

general_steelers_logo_44529.jpg VS PE1DPL3225-2T.jpg

(5-2) - (6-1)

As for the Monday Night game of the Steelers-Broncos at Mile-High, i took the Steelers in this one mid-week and will be sticking with my pick. :D I know the Steelers are highly regarded as a '1-Dimensional team', but they have some viable offensive weapons in Big Ben, and the emerging, Rashad Mendenhall, who is having a breakout season, plus with vets like Hines Ward, Willie Parker. My main reason though for picking the Steelers... DEFENCE... DEFENCE... DEFENCE!... on top of SPECIAL TEAMS!! It seems to be some sort of kryptonite they have over many other teams, they can be down by 14pts and their defence/special teams can in an instant wrangle them back into the game. On top of that Troy Polamalu is BACK! Pittsburgh haven't lost a game all season yet Polmalu has played in, they're 3-0 with him in the lineup, how can I go against that!? ;) I know the Broncos themselves do have a good defence, with great corner-backs especially, plus a QB I've highly underestimated this season in Orton, who is the real-deal, but I can't see Pittsburgh losing, even though Denver have not yet lost at Mile-High this season being 3-0 at home. Judging on my picks of the Bengals and Ravens this week though, and how I thought their defences would hold strong against Palmer, Romo, they failed, so if Pittsburgh follow the same track I won't be surprised. :rolleyes:

BREAKING NEWS!!!

The Kansas City Chiefs have released running back Larry Johnson

:eek: LMAO! Looks like the city of Kansas won their battle in their petition to stop LJ from getting 75+ more yards with them' date=' which would've implanted him in KC Chiefs history forever, as the RB with the most yards run on the Chiefs. They did it because of his character off the field, especially with his behavior problems, didn't really think the Chiefs would let him go tho. :rolleyes: LJ pushed out by 'the people' rather than the Chiefs. :P lol BURnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! :D[/font']

BREAKING NEWS!!!

The Kansas City Chiefs have released running back Larry Johnson

:eek: LMAO! Looks like the city of Kansas won their battle in their petition to stop LJ from getting 75+ more yards with them' date=' which would've implanted him in KC Chiefs history forever, as the RB with the most yards run on the Chiefs. They did it because of his character off the field, especially with his behavior problems, didn't really think the Chiefs would let him go tho. :rolleyes: LJ pushed out by 'the people' rather than the Chiefs. :P lol BURnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! :D[/font']

LJ's past it anyway. He's barely done anything the last couple of years.

Woop! 9/13 on the picks, not bad. :) That Steelers-Broncos match was sick! Finally my shout for a team's defence comes through! Thank god for that, especially after the Ravens and Eagles stitched me up. Polamalu is a BEAST! I know it's not fair to say one person makes a difference, especially in a sport like the NFL, where a combination of things can win/turn around a game, but that Steelers D is no way near as effective if Polamalu isn't in the team, he reads, breaks up plays so well, the DL where all over Orton. Also Mendenhall is getting extremely consistent in his running game, think he ran for over 100 yards again.

Will have my picks for this week up probably midweek, maybe tomorrow or Thursday for sure, a couple of extremely intriguing match-ups this week; Steelers VS Bengals, Colts VS Pats! YEAH DUDE :D Oh... and just for you Mr. Gutteridge :P your lowly Dolphins VS BUCS this week! Cue the comeback! :o:rolleyes: Also Andy your Bears are still in the running for a wildcard spot seeing as the Vikings will end up most probably winning outright that 'bye' spot, so they need to get going, not a bad week to be playing the 49ers, plus the Pack are playing the Cowboys, good chance to go one up on them as you both have 4-4 records.

Woop! 9/13 on the picks' date=' not bad. :) That Steelers-Broncos match was sick! Finally my shout for a team's defence comes through! Thank god for that, especially after the Ravens and Eagles stitched me up. Polamalu is a BEAST! I know it's not fair to say one person makes a difference, especially in a sport like the NFL, where a combination of things can win/turn around a game, but that Steelers D is no way near as effective if Polamalu isn't in the team, he reads, breaks up plays so well, the DL where all over Orton. Also Mendenhall is getting extremely consistent in his running game, think he ran for over 100 yards again.

Will have my picks for this week up probably midweek, maybe tomorrow or Thursday for sure, a couple of extremely intriguing match-ups this week; Steelers VS Bengals, [b']Colts VS Pats![/b] YEAH DUDE :D Oh... and just for you Mr. Gutteridge :P your lowly Dolphins VS BUCS this week! Cue the comeback! :o:rolleyes: Also Andy your Bears are still in the running for a wildcard spot seeing as the Vikings will end up most probably winning outright that 'bye' spot, so they need to get going, not a bad week to be playing the 49ers, plus the Pack are playing the Cowboys, good chance to go one up on them as you both have 4-4 records.

Aww, you pipped me on MNF by picking the Steelers - I finished up 8/13. :( Not bad, but nothing to shout about. Re: picks for next week - get them in before thursday night because the Bear @ 49ers is Thursday night game. Yeh baby!

I think the Steelers proved beyond and question of a doubt that they are still in the running to defend their title on Monday. That's two big wins in two weeks and surely it's only a matter of time before they head past the Bengals...you would have thought, anyway - who knows with the Bengals?! Very valid point about Polamalu; he really does make that defence. They have some big players on defence but without Polamalu, they really do miss him. I think that shows by the fact that, if I'm not mistaken, both their defeats came when Polamalu didn't play through injury. He certainly didn't play when the Bears beat them. Mendenhall ripped the Denver D to shreds in the second half with some big plays. He pretty much single-handedly closed the game out by taking so much time off the clock.

Also, while that match showed how we should fear the Steelers, it also showed that the Broncos aren't really as special as the praise that they have been receiving might suggest. Once more, Orton looked very average with a half-decent at best arm when put under pressure. And there was me thinking that he had changed from his Chicago days. :rolleyes: Denver's inability to run the ball on Monday killed them as well.

Lol, didn't fully read your post, as you touched on the Bengals and Steelers meeting this weekend (after what I was saying above). Boy, that's a big game of two in-form teams! And not the only one with the classic rivalry (at least in recent years) between the Colts and Pats. I'm sure the Pats would love to clear the "0" from Inde's loss column to prevent them going the season unbeaten. Philly/San Diego and Dallas/Green Bay should be interesting as well.

Re: picks for next week - get them in before thursday night because the Bear @ 49ers is Thursday night game. Yeh baby!

OH SNAP! So the madness begins this Thursday then!? I'll gettem in now in that case. :D Just looking at the match-ups for this week I can already tell it's gonna be a lot tougher to call than last week' date=' some very even match-ups on paper.

[b']WEEK 10 PICKS[/b]

Chicago W at San Francisco

An important match for both teams' aspirations to make the playoffs this year, the Bear's with a 4-4 record, 2nd in their div, tied with the Packers, where as the 49ers are 3-5, tied for 2nd in their division with the Seashawks, and approaching that 6/7 loss column mark which could ultimately pull themselves out of a 'wildcard' spot. For me this pick was simple, the Bears need to come through after that abysmal outing against the Cards, sure they've only one on the road, but I can't see Gore and Hill controlling drives past that Bears defence, who no doubt this year yeah have been questionable, losing key players, also the 49ers after a great start to the season find themselves in quicksand, having now lost their last 4 matches, after this week I think it'll be 5 straight.

New Orleans W at St. Louis

Right, easy pickings here, Saints by a mile! It's not unusual to see teams with really bad records come out of the blue and give a team their first loss of the season but the Rams have no hope in this one, New Orleans are far more superior in all categories of the offence, defence, special teams, I can't see it going any other way, another 30pt+ night for the Saints.

Tampa Bay W at Miami

I may be abit of a nutter making this pick, maybe it's cos I'm on a high about the Bucs' win last week, being super impressed by rookie QB, Freeman, or it just being a biased opinion, or just being that I can't cave in on saying your Dolphins, Adam, have a chance of beating the Bucs. All the same, this will be an upset if we win, so I guess it's an 'underdog pick'. :D

Detroit at Minnesota W

Detroit are on the road to improvement after the past few seasons, they've got themselves a young QB to build in Stafford and some great wide-out options, but the Vikings are a prime contender in the NFC, having the best RB with Adrian Peterson in the game, and a QB considered a 'gunslinger' who has managed himself extremely well this season, even winning games without the help of Peterson with some miraculous throws and earning some early MVP shout-outs. No upset here, Vikings to win.

Jacksonville W at NY Jets

This is a tricky one, I left this match-up and the 'Bills-Titans' match-up as my last two picks, all 4 teams relatively alike. Both teams in this one are 4-4, the Jets coming off a 'bye week', the Jaguars off a narrow 24-21 win over KC. I actually think I'm going to take the Jags in this match, one simple reason, MAURICE DREW-JONES! I think he'll have another big game, already has 11 TD's thus far, I'd say he'll further add against the Jets.

Buffalo at Tennessee W

Right last week I picked the Titans, so did you Andy, the main reason I believe was we both thought Vince Young was finally gonna take his chance and turn around the team.. well even though they won, it really wasn't Young who played the 'star role' as it was RB, Chris Johnson putting up another 130+ yard rushing game, with 2TD's, I think if he can maintain that streak they should be able to win the game, also Vince Young will have to manage the ball well throughout, creating at the most 1 turnover, if any.

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh W

Well yet again i'm going against the Bengals! Haven't I learnt my lesson. :rolleyes: Once again my reason in foreseeing a Bengals loss comes down to the oppositions defence. For me, Pittsburgh have the best defence in the NFL, especially when Polomalu is fit and playing, they destroyed the Broncos on Monday, and I believe they'll do the same @ Heinz field to Cinci. Also Mendenhall is establishing himself as one of the top 10 RB's in the game, getting better, look for another 100+ yard rushing game.

Denver W at Washington

Broncos to win... simples! The Redskins are an organization in shambles right now, many people in the media believe the owner, Dan Snyder, is more concerned about making profits without improving the club, seeing as the fans in DC still pile in at the gates, regardless of their team having a losing record. Look for Orton and the Broncos to rebound this week.

Atlanta W at Carolina

Well, it looked like last week the Panthers where about to give New Orleans their first loss, being up... oh what was it.. 20-0? Then the Saints making the comeback, thrashing them. I have no hope in the Panthers whatsoever, Delhomme is a choke artist, so inconsistent, Steve Smith will probably want out at the end of the year, having only 1 TD to date this season. Also with regards to the Falcons, they are a strong team, and as we've seen with certain QB's; Brady, Romo, Manning, Warner, etc... they all have fave receiving targets, the same goes for Matt Ryan, especially in the red zone with Tony Gonzalez. Falcons to win.

Kansas City W at Oakland

I'll keep my reasoning to pick KC in this one short, picked the chiefs because... JeMARCUS RUSSEL is rubbish! To be honest the whole Raider team is, a match-up of I guess you could say 'some of the best of the worst teams in the NFL'.

Seattle at Arizona W

I won't make the same mistake after last week of going against the Cards, Warner to Fitzgerald ... ALL NIGHT LONG in this one. Both are having stellar seasons, will continue to rack up their stats, also Breaston is proving to be a good option for Warner too, along with a decent Cards defence. As for the Seahawks, they're 3-5, soon to be 3-6, I think the playoffs will be out of the question this year for them. Funny to just remember that this was once an elite team with a superstar RB in Shaun Alexander, whom mountained them to the Superbowl, then got injured and with him the whole team sunk.

Dallas W at Green Bay

Well usually at Lambeau I'd give the Packers the benefit of the doubt, but dude... like seriously with the way Rodgers' protection is with that rank Green Bay OL, they don't have a chance. Romo is on form, his fave target, now Austin Miles is on fire, Barber seems to control the clock well with his running game, is a threat in the red zone for goal-line attempts too, the defence which is much improving, showing that against the Eagles last week, for those reasons I can't go against Dallas.

Philadelphia W at San Diego

The Eagles so let me down last week, while the Chargers came through for me... so why am I picking the Eagles? Simple, while Rivers is a good QB, if you get him out the pocket he'll go down like a ragdoll, so my key word in this match, just as last week.... 'BLITZ!' I expect the Eagles to put up big points to make a statement that even though they lost to the Cowboys they are still a contender in the NFC, plus being in the toughest div in the NFL, the NFC East, they can't afford anymore slip-ups.

New England W at Indianapolis

Ah for me, regardless of being a Bucs supporter, any NFL enthusiast will be salivating at the mouth with this match-up, you could call it the 'ManUtd VS Chelsea' of the NFL, or in some cases even a derby match with the rivalry they have. This is arguable but for me it'll be the battle of the 2 best QB's in the NFL in Brady and Peyton, along with two of the top 5 best WR's in the NFL in Moss and Wayne, so who comes away the victor? Something is telling me.. "DON'T GO AGAINST THE COLTS AT HOME!", but I can't help it, I have a love-affair in watching the Pats each week, their offence moves down the field in a orchestral manner, I really think after last season the Pats have something to prove, this will be there mark, Pats to win in a close one, i'm guessing it'll go down all the way till the 4th Qrtr, if I'm wrong... expect a Colts rout on the Pats. :o

Monday Night'r: Baltimore W at Cleveland

Well i'd like to say "what a Monday Night match here!", but I can't, the Browns are playing. ;) Easy pick in this one, sure it's in Cleveland, but forget about it dude, Ravens will come out big this week, I think Flacco has something to prove, he was awful last week, along with Ray Rice, expect a blow-out, I'd take the Ravens to even cover the spread of +20, hopefully after the match the Browns' supporters won't feel the need to throw bottles. :rolleyes:

TEAM WITH HIGHEST # of POINTS: Denver Broncos

TEAM WITH LOWEST # of POINTS: Cleveland Browns

BIG GAME PLAYER THIS WEEK: Maurice Drew-Jones

FLOP OF THE WEEK: Phillip Rivers

WEEK 10 PICKS

TNF - Chicago at San Francisco

It pains me to say it, but I have a real bad feeling about tomorrow night. I just hate the Bears D right now and Frank Gore is gonna go to town on it. Benson and a combination of Beanie Wells and Norwood have run riot over the Bears on the ground in recent weeks, and Frank's been having some stellar games this year, with a few monster runs. Without Urlacher, we lack any sense of organisation on the D, so I really can't see us stopping the run. Then, on the other side of the ball, the San Fran D is pretty good. I mean, look what they did to Peyton Manning a week or two back? He had to resort to letting Joseph Addai throw his TD's for him! Jay could struggle tomorrow night and he sure as hell won't get any help from his O-line, who have single-handedly destroyed Matt Forte this season. I feel sorry for that kid, because he's be doing well if he had a decent line in front of him. We'll need some big plays on special teams and a few bombs from Cutler to Hester to have a chance here.

New Orleans at St. Louis

Oh dear St. Louis. Bad time to meet the Saints, although, is there a good time? Drew's coming to town and he's gonna roll right through with some hefty numbers and a collection of TD's. This won't be close.

Tampa Bay at Miami

I was tempted to follow suit and pick Tampa as well, but I just can't see them getting the job done at Miami. The Dolphins need a win to get back on the wildcard chase and I can see a fair bit of wildcat offense in this one. Josh Freeman was impressive last week but it's a whole different ball game on the road and I think he might just find that out. This could be close, though.

Detroit at Minnesota

Like you say, Detroit are improving, but then, they had to after last season's performances. They're still a pretty poor outfit and certainly no match for the Vikes, who shall comfortably extend their lead at the top of the NFC North on Sunday.

Jacksonville at NY Jets

Gonna have to go against you here and pick the Jets. I like the matchup - Garrard can't pass on the road and the Jets pass defence is pretty solid, so they will be expecting the obvious to be coming at them time and again - pocket hercules. MJD is bloomin' awesome, but he's not gonna be able to win this on his own. Sanchez will probably just do enough to get the win here, although he too will lean on his running game.

Buffalo at Tennessee

Yup, Vince is back and doing well. I like what the Titans are doing with him right now by not putting too much pressure on him. It helps that he has one of the elite RB's in the NFL to give the ball to 25-30 times a game, who, in turn, can ruin the opposition defence. I'm expecting more of the same this weekend with Johnson posting some more big numbers and the Bills doing...well...not a lot. Is TO still there? B)

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

No, I agree with you on this one mate. Cinci have been mightily impressive this season, most of all, Mr. Cedric Benson. But the Steelers have slowly but surely crept into the reckoning after a sluggish start and now appear to have all guns blazing. I'd put them up there with the Colts and Pats as the biggest AFC threats right now and I see them making another statement to back that up this Sunday.

Denver at Washington

The wheels on the bus are falling off, falling off, falling off... Okay, a bit harsh to say that now, but that's what they'll be singing this weekend when the Broncos waltz out of Washington with a 3-game winless streak. Jim Zorn will have seen the Steelers D get to Orton and force him to make mistakes and that's what he's got to tell his Redskins D to do as well. Albert Haynesworth must be licking his lips at the prospect of face-planting Kyle. Portis should be out, but Betts is a good back and will look to exploit the Broncos D like Mendenhall did. Could be a bad pick, but I reckon the 'Skins can nick this.

Atlanta at Carolina

Yeh, the Panthers really don't have much to shout about right now, bar their still impressive ground game. It's a shame that the don't have a passing game to back it up, because they could have a decent offense. But, Delhomme appears to be on the slide and I can't see him getting the job done here. Plus, Michael Turner's on fire all of a sudden, and he should blitz this Panther D all day long.

Kansas City at Oakland

Hey! I have faith in JaMarcus! Okay, I didn't sound convincing saying that, but I still think he can pick up another win here for the Raiders for one simple reason - the Chiefs suck just as much as the Raiders do! This has the potential to be an absolutely awful game of football.

Seattle at Arizona

After watching Warner absolutely destroy the Bears last weekend, I have far too much respect to against him this weekend. He is awesome. Seattle aren't. End of story.

Dallas at Green Bay

I'm liking the Cowboys right now. Sometimes a think that Tony Romo gets a bit of harsh criticism, at least for his performances anyway (perhaps not his off-field shenanigans). He bounced back in recent weeks, with the help of his favourite new receiver, Miles Austin, and the 'Boys look like a credible threat once more. Rodgers is playing great this season for the simple fact that that Packers O'line couldn't block a bumblebee. He's getting hit left, right and centre, yet he still manages to put up decent numbers. I think

Philadelphia at San Diego

Tough call this one. This one really could go either way as both have threats on offense and playmakers on defence. I'm picking the Chargers simply because they're at home and I don't have coin nearby to make the decision for me.

SNF - New England at Indianapolis

Yikes! Now this is what I call a football match! This really is like watching Real Madrid V Barcelona, Man Utd v Arsenal or Inter Milan v Juventus. Two massive franchises with endless amounts of talent. This could go either way and could be a bit of a shootout as Brady and Manning trade punches. I'm picking the Pats because Brady is hitting his stride now and I think this will be the game where everyone can offially say, "Brady's back". This should go down to the wire.

MNF - Baltimore at Cleveland

You're right here pal; what a stinker of Monday night game. ESPN must be hoping for a few monster Cribbs returns to try and make this interesting because, let's be honest, this won't be an interesting game. The only interesting thing my be to see how many yards Flacco can rack up.

TEAM WITH HIGHEST # of POINTS: Vikings

TEAM WITH LOWEST # of POINTS: Lions

BIG GAME PLAYER THIS WEEK: Albert Haynesworth

FLOP OF THE WEEK: Kyle Orton

WEEK 10 PICKS

TNF - Chicago at San Francisco

It pains me to say it' date=' but I have a real bad feeling about tomorrow night. I just hate the Bears D right now and Frank Gore is gonna go to town on it. Benson and a combination of Beanie Wells and Norwood have run riot over the Bears on the ground in recent weeks, and Frank's been having some stellar games this year, with a few monster runs. Without Urlacher, we lack any sense of organisation on the D, so I really can't see us stopping the run. Then, on the other side of the ball, the San Fran D is pretty good. I mean, look what they did to Peyton Manning a week or two back? He had to resort to letting Joseph Addai throw his TD's for him! Jay could struggle tomorrow night and he sure as hell won't get any help from his O-line, who have single-handedly destroyed Matt Forte this season. I feel sorry for that kid, because he's be doing well if he had a decent line in front of him. We'll need some big plays on special teams and a few bombs from Cutler to Hester to have a chance here.[/quote']

Hey c'mon Andy... dude where's the faith!? :P LOL. Nah, I see your reasoning, I think this week's picks are alot more tougher to call, whereas last weeks where more clear-cut, should be an interesting week. Also.. yep that Monday Night'r... what a bore it'll be.... however Brown's have announced that Brady Quinn is gonna start. :eek: I am I shocked? Not really, i just like being rather sarcastic when it comes to the Browns. :rolleyes: All the same, I'll probs just tune into the game in the 4th Qrtr, see the score, if it's anything of a +10pt gap, forget about it, I'll just switch the channel. :D

Hey c'mon Andy... dude where's the faith!? :P LOL. Nah' date=' I see your reasoning, I think this week's picks are alot more tougher to call, whereas last weeks where more clear-cut, should be an interesting week. Also.. yep that Monday Night'r... what a bore it'll be.... however Brown's have announced that Brady Quinn is gonna start. :eek: I am I shocked? Not really, i just like being rather sarcastic when it comes to the Browns. :rolleyes: All the same, I'll probs just tune into the game in the 4th Qrtr, see the score, if it's anything of a +10pt gap, forget about it, I'll just switch the channel. :D [/font']

They'll regain my faith if they put a half-decent showing in tonight!

Just changing my fantasy league team now to see that I had a pretty awesome week last week, getting 109 points. Came 2189th, which doesn't sound great, but it is compared to how I've been doing recently! Chris Johnson did the damage with 27 points, while the Atlanta D weighed in with 24 points. Cedric Benson had another good day to help me out.

Just gotta figure out who to pick this week... Frank Gore is screaming out to me :(

They'll regain my faith if they put a half-decent showing in tonight!

Just changing my fantasy league team now to see that I had a pretty awesome week last week' date=' getting 109 points. Came 2189th, which doesn't sound great, but it is compared to how I've been doing recently! Chris Johnson did the damage with 27 points, while the Atlanta D weighed in with 24 points. Cedric Benson had another good day to help me out.

Just gotta figure out who to pick this week... Frank Gore is screaming out to me :([/quote']

Haha fair enough m8, I think they'll get 'er done tonight. ;)

Oh bananas! Fantasy NFL! Forgot as the week starts today, would have to have the lineup in by today, good looking out on that, otherwise I would've totally forgotten to do mine. :o Nice! You got Benson, Gore and Chris Johnson as your RB's, my RB's are pap except for Mendenhall, plus I do have Portis but since he got that mild concussion I think it's time i 'drop' him, try and get some fresh blood in. :D Brady got most of my points last week, along with Pittsburgh and Mendenhall.

As its my first week, i wont do reasons, will just do my predictions. Hope its not too late lol

WEEK 10 PICKS

Chicago W at San Francisco

New Orleans W at St. Louis

Tampa Bay at Miami W

No contest really hey kylan lol

Detroit at Minnesota W

Jacksonville at NY Jets W

Buffalo at Tennessee W

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh W

Denver W at Washington

Atlanta W at Carolina

Kansas City W at Oakland

Seattle at Arizona W

Dallas W at Green Bay

Philadelphia at San Diego W

New England at Indianapolis W

Monday Night'r: Baltimore W at Cleveland

TEAM WITH HIGHEST # of POINTS: Miami Dolphins :D

TEAM WITH LOWEST # of POINTS: St Louis

BIG GAME PLAYER THIS WEEK: Ricky Williams

FLOP OF THE WEEK: Tom Brady:D[/font]

As its my first week' date=' i wont do reasons, will just do my predictions. Hope its not too late lol

[b']WEEK 10 PICKS[/b]

Tampa Bay at Miami W

No contest really hey kylan lol

FLOP OF THE WEEK: Tom Brady:D

Whey welcome aboard Adam.. finally. :D See you've picked your Dolphins over my Bucs... in this case I must say, "Oh yee of too much faith, forth your decision commeth with much haste!" ;) :eek:Brady!! Flop of week!? You shall pay for that one indeed. :P Let's see what happens then sir.

So we got me, Andy, Adam on the picks now, others feel free to join in. :)

Haha fair enough m8' date=' I think they'll get 'er done tonight. ;)

Oh bananas! Fantasy NFL! Forgot as the week starts today, would have to have the lineup in by today, good looking out on that, otherwise I would've totally forgotten to do mine. :o Nice! You got Benson, Gore and Chris Johnson as your RB's, my RB's are pap except for Mendenhall, plus I do have Portis but since he got that mild concussion I think it's time i 'drop' him, try and get some fresh blood in. :D Brady got most of my points last week, along with Pittsburgh and Mendenhall. [/font']

Nah, on the fantasy football I do, the Sky Sports/NFL UK one, you change your complete team each week with an $18m budget. So I don't have CJ, Cedric and Gore as my running backs! Would be nice in your format, I'm sure. ;)

As its my first week' date=' i wont do reasons, will just do my predictions. Hope its not too late lol[/quote']

Nice to see you joining in pal. Don't worry about your reasoning; it's just a bit of fun!

Good luck tonight Andy.... I'll be rooting for da Bears. Gotta say though' date=' I don't like the match-up...[/quote']

Cheers mate, and I gotta agree with you. Defence has gotta turn up tonight to have a chance. I just hope Vernon Davis gets a big hit or two after shouting his mouth of this week.

Cheers mate' date=' and I gotta agree with you. Defence has gotta turn up tonight to have a chance. [b']I just hope Vernon Davis gets a big hit or two after shouting his mouth of this week.[/b]

Shouldn't have said that. He just steam-rollered Nick Roach. The guy's a machine. Also, I know it didn't stand in the end, but what a catch by Crabtree down the sideline. How the hell he kept his feet in bounds then, I don't know. Now we know why he came out of college with the reputation as the biggest playmaker in the 2009 draft.

GAHH! Jay! What were you thinking? What is it with you and throwing picks in the red zone this year? Great drive with Olsen again proving what a big target he can become and Forte made one fantastic run to prove it's not him with the problems - it's that bloomin' shoddy O-line. But once again, we can't punch it in and Cutler throws a stupid, desperation pass. There was nothing on godammit! Take the bloomin' sack, throw it away - just don't throw the pick!

Seriously annoyed Bear. :mad:

7-3 down at the half. Not bad - could be worse. 1st pick was all on Cutler but the second was solely down to Hester's slip. I'm certain that that ball would not have been intercepted had Hester not slipped. Frank Gore punched it in at the first attempt quite easily after a good interception return. However, Cutler responded well with a good final drive where we managed to get 3, despite two stupid delay of game penalties which turned a simple 40-yarder into a more-than-tricky 50-yarder. Good job Robbie Gould's mint.

Come on Bears. Let's turn it on this second half.

Unbelievable. What a rubbish a game. A pair of field goals, one for each team, takes the score to 10-6 and that's the way it stayed. There was a frustrating amount of penalties for both teams and, in fact, if it wasn't for a penalty on Dre Bly on the final drive at 4th and long, we would have had to turn the ball over on downs. Cutler got his groove on and marched us downfield but came unstuck again in the redzone to throw his 5th pick. Real bad pass as well. He just looks lost down there and sees nobody but Olsen. I'm getting to the point where it's really hitting me hard that we overpaid an almighty amount for Cutler, but he's got to get time I guess, as well as an O-line and some decent targets.

A couple of plus points - the D were immense, holding Gore to the sporadic big play but stifling him for the majority, while Smith was completely innefective. The D gave the offense plenty of chances to put points on the board with countless good field positions, but Cutler didn't use them to his advantage. Second plus point - I'm one for one in this week's picks. :rolleyes:

Unbelievable. What a rubbish a game. A pair of field goals' date=' one for each team, takes the score to 10-6 and that's the way it stayed. There was a frustrating amount of penalties for both teams and, in fact, if it wasn't for a penalty on Dre Bly on the final drive at 4th and long, we would have had to turn the ball over on downs. Cutler got his groove on and marched us downfield but came unstuck again in the redzone to throw his 5th pick. Real bad pass as well. He just looks lost down there and sees nobody but Olsen. I'm getting to the point where it's really hitting me hard that we overpaid an almighty amount for Cutler, but he's got to get time I guess, as well as an O-line and some decent targets.

A couple of plus points - the D were immense, holding Gore to the sporadic big play but stifling him for the majority, while Smith was completely innefective. The D gave the offense plenty of chances to put points on the board with countless good field positions, but Cutler didn't use them to his advantage. Second plus point - I'm one for one in this week's picks. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Argh unlucky Andy, can't fault ya if you picked up your tele after that one and threw it through the window. Wow! Saw the 3rd and 4th quarters of the game, I wasn't expecting a high scoring or a blow-out by any means, but did think Jay Cutler would carry the load this week, turns out this game was pure defence, and clearly the 49ers had Cutler's number each time he took to the field, Forte's running-game was virtually non-existent, even though on the receiving end he seemed to be Cutler's fave option, well.... that was when he wasn't too busy throwing those 5 interceptions. Funny about how I mentioned 'quicksand' as being one of my reasons for picking the Bears in this one, as I mentioned the 49ers had lost 4 straight, and where just going to continue to head down the same trend, where lord behold it's Cutler who was in the quicksand the whole night! :rolleyes: The 49ers defensive pressure was immense on him. The throw in I believe the 3rd quarter still has me befuddled, Cutler had pressure on him... so what does he do gallop abit, then throws the ball.... to nobody but the 49ers player, just a few yards in front of him, with not a Bears target in sight. :confused: I mean c'mon! Throw the ball out of bounds or into a space nearby to the point where it won't be called as an offensive penalty on 'grounding the ball', or suck it up, be a man, take the sack, rather a loss on the play than a bloody interception. :mad: Bears now go 4-5, 49ers the same, neither still not out the picture for a wildcard spot yet, but most definitely a winning streak will have to come, 6 losses at most in my opinion, it won't come easy. Your Bears have Philli next week, the Vikings the week after, still have to play Ravens, and the Vikings once again, it's looking dire m8, never say never, but things are looking gloom in 'the windy city', if it'll make you feel better, my Bucs are going nowhere this season. :o

Argh unlucky Andy' date=' can't fault ya if you picked up your tele after that one and threw it through the window. Wow! Saw the 3rd and 4th quarters of the game, I wasn't expecting a high scoring or a blow-out by any means, but did think Jay Cutler would carry the load this week, turns out this game was pure defence, and clearly the 49ers had Cutler's number each time he took to the field, Forte's running-game was virtually non-existent, even though on the receiving end he seemed to be Cutler's fave option, well.... that was when he wasn't too busy throwing those 5 interceptions. Funny about how I mentioned 'quicksand' as being one of my reasons for picking the Bears in this one, as I mentioned the 49ers had lost 4 straight, and where just going to continue to head down the same trend, where lord behold it's Cutler who was in the quicksand the whole night! :rolleyes: The 49ers defensive pressure was immense on him. The throw in I believe the 3rd quarter still has me befuddled, Cutler had pressure on him... so what does he do gallop abit, then throws the ball.... to nobody but the 49ers player, just a few yards in front of him, with not a Bears target in sight. :confused: I mean c'mon! Throw the ball out of bounds or into a space nearby to the point where it won't be called as an offensive penalty on 'grounding the ball', or suck it up, be a man, take the sack, rather a loss on the play than a bloody interception. :mad: Bears now go 4-5, 49ers the same, neither still not out the picture for a wildcard spot yet, but most definitely a winning streak will have to come, 6 losses at most in my opinion, it won't come easy. Your Bears have Philli next week, the Vikings the week after, still have to play Ravens, and the Vikings once again, it's looking dire m8, never say never, but things are looking gloom in 'the windy city', if it'll make you feel better, my Bucs are going nowhere this season. :o[/font']

Yeh, I've kinda given up on this season. Like you say, we can't really afford to lose again this season and we've got too many difficult games, including the Vikes...twice... :(

As for Cutler, I've gotta stick up for him a little because he's not getting much help out there. Yes he's making some bad, rushed decisions at times, but his WR's are not helping him out whatsoever. At least two of those picks, I wouldn't blame Cutler, while this O-line is god awful at the minute. Getting him to stop throwing picks? That's easy - stop playing under the lights and in front of the big TV audiences. Cutler's thrown 11 picks in 3 SNF/TNF games.

Also, that O-line is seriously hurting Forte as well. Whenever he runs up to the line of scrimmage, he literally can't go anyway due to the massive jam up front.

Are problems are easy to spot. Bad O-line. Sceptical D-line, despite yesterday's good performance. Injuries to linebackers. No elite targets for Cutler. That's why we won't make the play-offs this year.