The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

Ah shame' date=' we could've done an online game of Bucs VS Bears. :( I think I have 09 too still, if I haven't traded it in yet, I kinda like it better than 10, dunno how that works. :rolleyes: What console you got Andy?[/font']

360. I did have Madden 09 for a bit, but then my mate traded it in for some different games! Was not happy, but it was his so I couldn't really argue! :( Would love to get the new one, but I'm so skint. That "fight for the fumble" feature looks immense!

360. I did have Madden 09 for a bit' date=' but then my mate traded it in for some different games! Was not happy, but it was his so I couldn't really argue! :( Would love to get the new one, but I'm so skint. That "fight for the fumble" feature looks immense![/quote']

360! Noooooo! lol I've got PS3. Aw shucks. *sighs* :o

Ah the good 'ol 'Fight for the fumble' first time I remember when I was playing a m8 1v1 we initially thought after my player had fumbled that the play was dead as a bunch of players where just standing around the ball, naturally then the wally commentator yells something like "it's still lose" we realize it's a live ball. :rolleyes: I don't really get the use of that feature that much though as I mostly play on the 'Be A Pro' as QB, worst thing is though I got drafted by the Vikings so the bloody coach always wants me to hand-off to AP, but I cheekily just audible some of the calls to what I want. :D

Hey guys

Just discovered this thread and great to see many a NFL fan on the forums. I follow the Dolphins so it's a bit of an odd season for me but i think we can make the play offs. Obviously Pats have the lead they wont be caught so my bro is quite happy. Does anyone get too see any of the UK games i managed to catch a couple of Coventry Jets matches last season but would love to see the pro's doing it. Deffo gonna try and get to wembley next year.

Hey guys

Just discovered this thread and great to see many a NFL fan on the forums. I follow the Dolphins so it's a bit of an odd season for me but i think we can make the play offs. Obviously Pats have the lead they wont be caught so my bro is quite happy. Does anyone get too see any of the UK games i managed to catch a couple of Coventry Jets matches last season but would love to see the pro's doing it. Deffo gonna try and get to wembley next year.

i also support the dolphins :D kylan ur outnumbered now lol ive been to 2 of the 3 wembley matches. i went to the miami dolphins vs the giants, which was the first one, and then missed last years, but went to the patriots v bucs games 2 or 3 weeks ago. also been to a minnesota v tampa game in tampa when i went on holiday there. i was the only person shouting for the vikings lol obviously its a long way to come from minnesota :D

Hey guys

Hi Steve,

Good to hear from another NFL fan. It's funny how there are quite a few Miami Dolphin fans here in England, or at least it seems that way to me. I think you could make a play-off run as well, but only if Ricky and Ronnie keep up their stellar form, because Chad Henne just isn't good enough to get the job done, particularly against the big boys.

I don't get to see any UK games, no, but it would be nice I'm sure. I don't really follow the game here so I wouldn't even know the nearest team to me. But yeh, I'm with you - I'd kill to see a Wembley game. It's just so bloomin' hard to get tickets!

Hey guys

Watcha Steve' date=' join in on the fun, the more of us... the merrier! Dolphins fan!? *pukes abit* :D Bucs fan 'ere, I think we're gonna pull off the 'W' against yas this week, I know we're pap, but Freeman will lead us to our .. errr.. second win of the season. :o I haven't been to any of the UK matches, nor the NFL matches at Wembley. I have been to an NFL game though in Toronto, The Bills VS The Steelers in 2008. Good close affair, Bills won by a FG. Also went to 1 CFL match in Toronto when behold.. your RB, Ricky Williams was with the Toronto Argos, after his one year suspension from the NFL, for drug abuse, smoking weed I do believe. Anyways good to have you on board m8. [/font']

i also support the dolphins :D kylan ur outnumbered now lol

Now that was just uncalled for Mr.Gutteridge! We shall smite your diminutive beaked friends into the ground for that. :P You're supposed to have pity on me... my team's only won one game of the season so far. :(

Now that was just uncalled for Mr.Gutteridge! We shall smite your diminutive beaked friends into the ground for that. :P You're supposed to have pity on me... my team's only won one game of the season so far. :(

I think your forgetting that a couple of years ago, Miami only won a handful of games, and I had no sympathy from anyone lol

i think he could do a better job than young henne atm to be honest lol

Ah Adam' date=' my friend of yee little faith, I think we need to look at the history of this 'riff-raff' they call, '"The Miami Dolphins". Just look at this behaviour, absolutely appalling, you should be ashamed. Look at the uncanny swine target his prey and ravage the dear lass, look at the discontent, shameful shunning of the oppositions fans, i say 'tut tut... tut tut!' A many-a-child this insolent blaggard has made cry...*shakes head in disgust*.. and who employs this treacherous vagabond? The Miami Dolphins! :rolleyes::D[/font']

Yep agree with you guys, Henne is not great but he pulled it out of the bag against the Jets so he can perform. Rushing and the Wildcat is our way forward untill Pennington returns or if he does (cant recall how long he was out for). Would of been confidant of a win against the lowly Bucs :) on sunday but after there first win last weekend it depends on how we try and play. We were great against the Pats on offence but couldnt cope with Brady and Moss. Anyways i look forward to bantering with you all as the season enters the more important stages. GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!

Denver at Washington

The wheels on the bus are falling off' date=' falling off, falling off[/b']... Okay, a bit harsh to say that now, but that's what they'll be singing this weekend when the Broncos waltz out of Washington with a 3-game winless streak. Jim Zorn will have seen the Steelers D get to Orton and force him to make mistakes and that's what he's got to tell his Redskins D to do as well. Albert Haynesworth must be licking his lips at the prospect of face-planting Kyle. Portis should be out, but Betts is a good back and will look to exploit the Broncos D like Mendenhall did. Could be a bad pick, but I reckon the 'Skins can nick this.

Re: what I posted the other day in my predictions, I just read this on Pat Kirwan's preview of this weekend's action on NFL.com:

6. Wheels coming off?

It doesn't take much for fans to hit the panic button once a team goes into a mid-season slide. The Packers play the Cowboys and the Broncos get a break with the Redskins. If either of those teams loses, the fans will be convinced the wheels are coming off.

That's got to be some sort of an omen! :D

Re: what I posted the other day in my predictions' date=' I just read this on Pat Kirwan's preview of this weekend's action on NFL.com:

That's got to be some sort of an omen! :D[/quote']

Andy... are you Pat Kirwan in disguise...Pat Kirwan in disguise? ;) LOL. I kinda agree m8, if the Cowboys fluff it up, maybe they've had just abit of good run which is quite usual with them, till Romo has about a '4 interception game', which very well could be due, plus the worse out of the two would be... WHAT!? :eek: IF THE REDSKINS ACTUALLY WON!! I'm surprised with your Redskins pick naturally but if they pull it off, all the more power to ya m8, defo an 'underdog' pick right there. I'd say we're gonna have to wait another week or two till those wheels come falling off like a hotel being run by Basil Fawlty. :D

RE: Michael Burner Turner

Can you believe this guy.... It's only halftime and he has 111 yards on 9 carries. He is a beast !

And in case you are wondering, Adrian Peterson has 100 yards on 12 carries and it's only halftime, too. He should have 2 TDs already but fumbled on the goal-line after breaking a run for 43 yards.

RE: Michael Burner Turner

Can you believe this guy.... It's only halftime and he has 111 yards on 9 carries. He is a beast !

And in case you are wondering' date=' [b']Adrian Peterson[/b] has 100 yards on 12 carries and it's only halftime, too. He should have 2 TDs already but fumbled on the goal-line after breaking a run for 43 yards.

Quite a few RB's in the 100+YDS rushing today so far... and counting, not surprised by AP being one of them, the man is a BEAST, also Chris Johnson.. big up to him! Another 100+ YD performance against the Jets. Steelers and Bengals are in a low scoring affair, bad news for Pittsburgh.. :eek: Polamalu left after a knee injury. =S

WOOOOP! TOUCHDOWN BABY!!! Freeman to Stoval! BUCS back in it!! C'mon! :D

EDIT: *sigh* Miami FG. =/

I think my eyes are deceiving right about now, the score is showing Redskins 24 - 17 Broncos. :rolleyes:

Bah humbug! Looks like my picks for this week = PNWAGE of AWFULNESS!

OMG INTERCEPTION.. INTER-BLOODY-CEPTION Bucs!!!!! We're winning now!!!!!! :D

Denver at Washington

The wheels on the bus are falling off' date=' falling off, falling off... Okay, a bit harsh to say that now, but that's what they'll be singing this weekend when the Broncos waltz out of Washington with a 3-game winless streak. Jim Zorn will have seen the Steelers D get to Orton and force him to make mistakes and that's what he's got to tell his Redskins D to do as well. Albert Haynesworth must be licking his lips at the prospect of face-planting Kyle. Portis should be out, but Betts is a good back and will look to exploit the Broncos D like Mendenhall did. Could be a bad pick, but I reckon the 'Skins can nick this.[/quote']

I don't care that I got the Jags pick wrong. I don't care that I got the Panthers pick wrong. I don't care that I got the Bengals pick wrong. And I don't care that I may have now have got the Bucs pick wrong (last minute TD). What I do care about? The Washington Redskins beat the Denver Broncos. I am a genius.

Also, I can never remember who I put in my fantasy league team for the week, but I'm fairly certain that I Sidney Rice is in my side, who's got 207 yards receiving, albeit, with no TD's. And I'm sure that I kept Chris Johnson in after last week's showing and he's had a monster day with 132 yards on the ground and 100 receiving, with 2 TD's.

It started out as such a fantastic night: (1) My girl left for India for the week; (2) I know for a fact that tomorrow is going to be a good day @ work $$$$$!!!; AND (3) the scumbag J-E-T-S lost...(not to mention that my Pats were up by 13 late late in the 4th quarter).

I am on the friggin' verge of losing my mind !!!!!! !!!!! , was Belichick thinking ??? Thank God I just drank enough beers tonight just to fall quietly asleep...

It started out as such a fantastic night: (1) My girl left for India for the week; (2) I know for a fact that tomorrow is going to be a good day @ work $$$$$!!!; AND (3) the scumbag J-E-T-S lost...(not to mention that my Pats were up by 13 late late in the 4th quarter).

I am on the friggin' verge of losing my mind !!!!!! !!!!! ' date=' was Belichick thinking ??? Thank God I just drank enough beers tonight just to fall quietly asleep...[/quote']

Aww mate, I had to leave that game shortly after half-time to catch a flight to Dublin (yes - at 4 o-friggin'-clock in the morning!) and New England looked in a good position. To look up and realise what happened is just unbelievable. I mean, that sort of stuff just doesn't happen. What was Belichick thinking? Yes, the gain would have been immense, but the risk was oh so too high to take, and he found that out. Very, very bizarre.

Aside: those rookie corners had no chance against Randy Moss, did they? Bless 'em, he absolutely torched them all night long. Brady should gone to him even more often than he did.

Also, looked like a, predictably, great MNF game. :rolleyes: By looking at the stats, it looked like the Ravens didn't even get out of first gear. Poor old Cleveland - they can't get a 100+ yard passing game from their QB's for love nor money, but it's about time Brady Quinn was throwing the ball and not bloomin' Derek Anderson. I feel sorry for Quinn, actually, because he's gonna rot at that franchise unless they make some very, very good draft choices over the next two years.

Aside: the bookies must have lost a hell of a lot of money on Baltimore last night.

I recorded the Packers Vs Cowboys match on my sky+ box (Sometimes dont have the time to watch two full matches back to back) and it has not been the most exciting game yet. I have only watch the first half so I am trying to avoid knowing the score. Hopefully their is a touchdown in the second half:rolleyes::).

I recorded the Packers Vs Cowboys match on my sky+ box (Sometimes dont have the time to watch two full matches back to back) and it has not been the most exciting game yet. I have only watch the first half so I am trying to avoid knowing the score. Hopefully their is a touchdown in the second half:rolleyes::).

Aww mate - you picked a bit of a stinker there!

Re: This week's picks; aint got time at the minute ' date=' so 'll just do tonight's pick:

Miami @ [b']Carolina[/b]

:( 1st time posting since last weeks abysmal matches. I wasn't so ticked off at the Bucs losing to Miami though, we hung in there, looked like we where gonna take it too, then we took about 3 stupid penalties which where just down to reckless actions. I was much more heated when i watched the 'Sunday Night Football' match. While I understand Belichick's reasoning, or the 'method to his madness' in going for the 4th and 2, on their own like 30 yard line I believe it was, in the 4th quarter, with near enough to 2 minutes remaining, if they get the first down, they've won the game, not only that, the fact that Belichick had lost complete faith in the Pats defence, and if they punted, Manning would just shred them to pieces by going 'no huddle', so I see why he went to such extreme measures, which isn't surprising as Belichick has a habit for 'going-all-out', but dude!!! seriously!!! c'mon, wth where you thinking, you're in a race for a 'bye' too, let alone if things come to worse a 'wildcard', I would've just punted, who knows what would've happened. Ah well w/e. :rolleyes: Went a horrible 8/15 last week after going 9/13 the week before. :o

WEEK 11 MATCH-UPS:

Miami at Carolina W

Panthers surprised me last week by kinda hanging in there against the Falcons, Dolphins didn't as we ALMOST... but didn't beat them, so lets go with Delhomme to throw ... :eek: ZERO INTERCEPTIONS tonight.

Washington at Dallas W

Dallas to win easy, I know the Redskins won, btw good call on that Andy, but the Cowboys got straight-up MURKED @ Lambeau, so I expect a solid comeback at home, to once again solidify themselves as a contender in the NFC.

Cleveland at Detroit W

Ha! I'm not going to even bother dignifying the reason why i'm choosing the Lions in this one, just look back at the MNF game.

San Francisco at Green Bay W

It's like I said last week against the Cowboys, "I don't usually go against the Packers at Lambeau", well I did and the Cowboys got papped, plus the OL looked ALOT better, i'll take the 'Cheeseheads' in this one, not going against them twice at Lambeau.

Pittsburgh W at Kansas City

The Steelers have lost Polamalu once again after a knee injury against the Bengals, still that won't have much of an effect on the defence when you're playing the Chiefs, Steelers to win easy, I'd even go as far as saying covering a spread of 20+.

Atlanta W at NY Giants

Going against the Giants at home here. Manning is on a downward spiral, no running game, shaky D-Line, on the other hand, the Falcons have a solid QB in Matt Ryan, Turner's running game has turned BEASTLY in recent weeks, can't go against that.. can ya. :)

New Orleans W at Tampa Bay

All I'll say is, the Bucs are getting better, won't save our season, but a good, strong, finish is all I ask for. Saints to win, as long as the spread it kept to +10 or under, I'll be satisfied. :o

Buffalo at Jacksonville W

The Bills are a club in turmoil, just coming off the firing of head coach **** Jauron, I see no improvement coming immediately whatsoever, plus i would be will to guarantee TO is leaving this summer. The Jags though, are looking good, as long as Garrard is managing games, Drew-Jones is fit and running, they'll be in good stead.

Indianapolis W at Baltimore

While even after last week's 'SNF' heated, amazing game really at the end of the day, I still do rank Tom Brady as the best QB i the NFL imo, however if I have to say anything for Manning, it's that hands down he is the BEST NO HUDDLE QB TO EVER PLAY THE GAME, the Ravens can blitz him all night long, it won't matter, he'll just audible, and go to work on 'em.

Seattle at Minnesota W

Vikings passing and running game will make this easy cruising for the 'W'. Seattle really have nothing going for them, looks like their head coach could be nabbed to in the process.

Arizona W at St. Louis

Kurt Warner - Fitzgerald... 'nuff said.

NY Jets at New England W

Well Rex Ryan it's reported broke down in tears in practice the day after the Jags match in front of his team... I personally think it's because he looked at the Pats depth chart, what happened this week, crapped himself. Belichick will have ALOT to say this week, I expect a pure 'gun-ho' offence from the Pats, this is a week they CANNOT afford to lose, especially as they are under the spotlight after the shambles against the Colts.

Cincinnati Wat Oakland

Like I said last week... THE RAIDERS ARE A MESS, JeMarcus Russel is a no.1 draft pick FLOP!! Bengals to ROUT!!!

San Diego at Denver W

One simple reason why I've picked the Broncos this week... because it's at Mile High, plus the Broncos need to rebound, or they can say good bye to the playoffs, this would be an 'underdog' pick in my estimation, especially as LT has returned to form, the Chargers are looking prime.

SNF: Philadelphia W at Chicago

Eagles are on the downfall it seems, could be what the Bears just ordered, to be going up against a team struggling likewise, however of the two I think the Eagles have much more resiliency to pull through, get back on the winning side of things, I expect a close match here.

MNF: Tennessee at Houston W

The Titans have won 2 in a row now, due to the play of Vince Young though? I think not, Chris Johnson all the way, however I can see the Texans shutting down the running game, that would leave the passing game, I don;t think Young can cut it. On the other end you got Schaub defo the better option, who has put up more solid numbers.