Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

The Official NFL Thread.

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

Will be interesting to see what happens next, can Seattle afford to keep this defense together? They've formed an incredible D with a host of low draft steals (Sherman, Chancellor) and astute, low-value free agency pick-ups (Bennett, Avril). They're strength in depth is the best in the league, Malcolm Smith is pretty much a reserve LB and last night he won MVP. A lot of these guys are gonna want to get paid, especially them low draft picks Sherman and Chancellor who are entering contract years. Earl Thomas, who is the most underrated player on that defense, is due a new contract this year, and he makes that D tick so will be paid big, so will Bennett.

And all this is forgetting Wilson and his absurdly cheap $500k salary. That's gonna have to change sooner or later obviously, so that'll be a big chunk of cap room to make. If they can hold off renewing Wilson for one more year, then maybe they can keep it all together one more year. If not, some are gonna want to get paid elsewhere and Seattle will have to try and find some more draft value - which, admittedly, is perfectly plausible given their recent history.

Anyway, those are questions for tomorrow. Today, this D is remembered as one of the best kf all time, no doubt about it.

Will be interesting to see what happens next' date=' can Seattle afford to keep this defense together? They've formed an incredible D with a host of low draft steals (Sherman, Chancellor) and astute, low-value free agency pick-ups (Bennett, Avril). They're strength in depth is the best in the league, Malcolm Smith is pretty much a reserve LB and last night he won MVP. A lot of these guys are gonna want to get paid, especially them low draft picks Sherman and Chancellor who are entering contract years. Earl Thomas, who is the most underrated player on that defense, is due a new contract this year, and he makes that D tick so will be paid big, so will Bennett.

And all this is forgetting Wilson and his absurdly cheap $500k salary. That's gonna have to change sooner or later obviously, so that'll be a big chunk of cap room to make. If they can hold off renewing Wilson for one more year, then maybe they can keep it all together one more year. If not, some are gonna want to get paid elsewhere and Seattle will have to try and find some more draft value - which, admittedly, is perfectly plausible given their recent history.

Anyway, those are questions for tomorrow. Today, this D is remembered as one of the best kf all time, no doubt about it.[/quote']

Indeed Wilson, Thomas and Sherman's agents will all be looking to make their players the highest paid players at their respective positions. Will be incredibly hard to squeeze them all in, especially with Harvin already on a $70m deal (I think?). As good as their drafting has been it will need to be just as good to sustain them, but if they can tie down Wilson, Lynch, Okung, Thomas, Sherman and Wagner whilst keeping a couple of the likes of Chancellor, Wright, Tate, Baldwin, Smith etc. they will be in great shape for at the very least the next 4/5 years.

Mannn, that was brilliant to watch as a Seahawks fan. :D

Harvin's 87-yard return, Kearse's spin move and TD, Kam and Smith's interceptions. Seahawks ran wilddd!

Boring as a neutral i suspect, but when we're talking about how much of a domination it was, just remember that the Broncos offense was the best ever. Incredible, incredible performance by the entire team!

It will be interesting to see what we can do in the off-season to hold on to players. Thomas is rumored to be our priority over Sherman which isn't too surprising, but I'd love to see some of those players take less-than-max contracts to stay in Seattle in order to try and go back-to-back.

Thomas and Sherman's contracts both expire at the end of next season and Bennett and Tate i believe are up this off-season.

Mannn' date=' that was brilliant to watch as a Seahawks fan. :D

Harvin's 87-yard return, Kearse's spin move and TD, Kam and Smith's interceptions. Seahawks ran wilddd!

Boring as a neutral i suspect, but when we're talking about how much of a domination it was, just remember that the Broncos offense was the best [i']ever[/i]. Incredible, incredible performance by the entire team!

It will be interesting to see what we can do in the off-season to hold on to players. Thomas is rumored to be our priority over Sherman which isn't too surprising, but I'd love to see some of those players take less-than-max contracts to stay in Seattle in order to try and go back-to-back.

Thomas and Sherman's contracts both expire at the end of next season and Bennett and Tate i believe are up this off-season.

As a Broncos fan I have to say how brilliant the Seahawks defense was last night.

Also the Seahawks Offense did what it had to do so well.

If it was the same 2 teams next year I still think the outcome would be in favour of the Seahawks......That's how impressed I was

On a side note....I started watching the NFL in 1983 when Channel 4 first started showing it in the UK.

I saw the potential in a Mr Elway and tagged my team as the Broncos.

Now seen them in 6 Super Bowls ....4 of them have been hard to take :o

Kind of got used to it now........

Will be interesting in the off-season to see how the Bronco's look at their Roster.......Will Manning be back ? ....

Mannn' date=' that was brilliant to watch as a Seahawks fan. :D

Boring as a neutral i suspect, but when we're talking about how much of a domination it was, just remember that the Broncos offense was the best [i']ever[/i]. Incredible, incredible performance by the entire team!

Should check this website out on when contracts expire and cap space, it's pretty damn good.

http://overthecap.com/teamcontract.php?Team=Seahawks

Bennett, Giacomini, McQuistan, Tate, Hauschka, Browner and Thurmond are all up this year.

I suspect McQuistan and Browner will be allowed to leave.

As a Broncos fan I have to say how brilliant the Seahawks defense was last night.

Also the Seahawks Offense did what it had to do so well.

If it was the same 2 teams next year I still think the outcome would be in favour of the Seahawks......That's how impressed I was

On a side note....I started watching the NFL in 1983 when Channel 4 first started showing it in the UK.

I saw the potential in a Mr Elway and tagged my team as the Broncos.

Now seen them in 6 Super Bowls ....4 of them have been hard to take :o

Kind of got used to it now........

Will be interesting in the off-season to see how the Bronco's look at their Roster.......Will Manning be back ? ....

Good to see a long-time fan about. :)

I was shocked just how easy we made it look on Sunday.

I did post on Facebook and say that we'd hold the Broncos to under 21 points and everyone called me crazy' date=' but i never thought we'd hold you to 8.

Just incredible performance all around.

Should check this website out on when contracts expire and cap space, it's pretty damn good.

http://overthecap.com/teamcontract.php?Team=Seahawks

Bennett, Giacomini, McQuistan, Tate, Hauschka, Browner and Thurmond are all up this year.

I suspect McQuistan and Browner will be allowed to leave.

Nice website. Thanks for that mate. :)

Yeah i think you're right with those two. We'd like to let no one leave and there is talk already about how everyone wants to return and there's a sense of "We're not done yet" around the place. They want to go back-to-back. Someone always gets greedy though and leaves.

We've got one the deepest and most talented roster in the league and they're nearly all (except for Harvin) on tiny contracts because they're all low draft picks.

Rightyo guys

Something a little different to offer you.

If you like playing NFL Fantasy Football/simulations leagues.

If you like to be a hands on owner/coach of a franchise in a real-life league setup

The UAFL (Ultimate American Football League) one of the very few NFL simulation leagues based in the UK is looking for 1 new, trustworthy, honest, and good for a laugh new owner who will commit long term to the league.

www.Uafl.co.uk

We have just ended our 3rd season and in the early stages of the off-season with plans to go into our 4th season.

The league consists of 16 teams run by currently 15 NFL nuts from around the UK. We run our own NFL type salary based franchise where we draft, sign, cut trade players, then onto the pre-season and regular 16 week season.

We have our own seperate forum which keeps things going day-by-day.

Adam Gutteridge and Mikey Kavanagh are long term members of the UAFL, Adam runs this, very own SM Fantasy Football league based in around this thread, they can say how much they enjoy the UAFL.

There is FAR more involved than just what i have mentioned above, most of all involvement to the UAFL is free and all it costs is your time and commitment.

I am looking for one new owner to take over from a owner who recently dropped out of the league.

Interested? - Let me know via this thread or PM me for further deals

Regards

Mark P

(UAFL owner and commish)

Rightyo guys

If you like to be a hands on owner/coach of a franchise in a real-life league setup

The UAFL (Ultimate American Football League) one of the very few NFL simulation leagues based in the UK is looking for 1 new' date=' trustworthy, honest, and good for a laugh new owner who will commit long term to the league.

[url']www.Uafl.co.uk[/url]

We have just ended our 3rd season and in the early stages of the off-season with plans to go into our 4th season.

The league consists of 16 teams run by currently 15 NFL nuts from around the UK. We run our own NFL type salary based franchise where we draft, sign, cut trade players, then onto the pre-season and regular 16 week season.

Adam Gutteridge and Mikey Kavanagh are long term members of the UAFL, Adam runs this, very own SM Fantasy Football league based in around this thread, they can say how much they enjoy the UAFL.

There is FAR more involved than just what i have mentioned above, most of all involvement to the UAFL is free and all it costs is your time and commitment.

I am looking for one new owner to take over from a owner who recently dropped out of the league.

Regards

Mark P

(UAFL owner and commish)

Very cool idea. Nicely done. :D

I don't think i could give it my full attention right now but definitely contact me in the future if you have any more drops.

Read the headline on yahoo, read majority of article and as a NFL player I think i'd of made same decision. Any read in the comments someone mention Ricky Williams loved that kid. :D

Rightyo guys

The UAFL (Ultimate American Football League) one of the very few NFL simulation leagues based in the UK is looking for 1 new' date=' trustworthy, honest, and good for a laugh new owner who will commit long term to the league.

[url']www.Uafl.co.uk[/url]

Regards

Mark P

(UAFL owner and commish)

I'm very much up for this.......

I have been in the SM Fantasy league every season so far

If you have not already filled this then let me know via forum PM

Wow was Free Agency good yesterday. Lots of exciting moves + cuts.

Capped by the late GMT news of my Saints getting Jairus Byrd. Party time :P Our defence is going to be ballin next year.

979.gif

A really good move for the Saints.

The Broncos have agreed to a 6-year, $57 Million deal with Aqib Talib!

A really good move for the Saints.

The Broncos have agreed to a 6-year' date=' $57 Million deal with Aqib Talib![/quote']

Far too much IMO but I see why they've done it. Going completely all in whilst Peyton is still there. Especially with trying to get Ware.