The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

Another Bear fan' date=' awesome!

However, couldn't disagree more with your view on our draft, think Emery's done a great job! I would have gone FS as well (unless Aaron Donald had been available), but Fuller could be a big contributor at nickel back this season before maybe replacing Tillman the year after. Our depth at CB is non-existant, and in a division filled with quality QB's and WR's, I'm more than comfortable with that direction. Although we badly needed safety help this off-season, D-line is exactly where the focus was needed for certain. Swapping past-it Peppers for the younger, more productive Allen was a great move, as was the up and coming snag of Houston. We needed a young body to go alongside Ratliff, and hopefully Ferguson or Sutton can fill that hole. Absolutely love the Carey pick, we were absolutely desparate for a complement to Forte, and a lot of people have said Vereen was a steal - I'm hoping he can come in and start off the bat. Fales will be back-up, which we needed for competition alongside Palmer and with Trestman as coach, he'll get the very best out of both of them (just look at McCown last year!). O'Donnell was perhaps one of my favourite picks! Guys a tank and will no doubt be an improvement of the Podlesh horror show last season. And I'm also intrigued by the UDFA recruit of Jordan Lynch, gives us an x factor in the backfield.

Truth is, nobody knows how good or bad the draft has been for any of the 32 teams at this stage - me no more than you. But look how many people slated the Kyle Long pick last year and that turned out pretty well! Trestman put together a fantastic offensive line in one off-season last year and I think he's made great moves this year to do the same for the defensive line. Have faith, believe in Emery, Trestman and Cutler - I'm very confident of a play-off berth this year![/quote']

I never said they weren't good players, in fact i said that Fuller is a good CB. And with Tillman and Jennings getting on we do need to replace them however with Dix and Pryor still available i would of much rather had one of those over Fuller. A FS is what we needed the most, especially after the Packers game at the end of last year.

With Dix going to the Packers i have a horrible feeling that is going to haunt us.

I also said that i was happy with Sutton who after losing some more weight will hopefully get back to the machine he was a couple of years ago. I said that Ferguson was a safe pick, he is a good player who will be productive.

I'm not as excited about Carey though, he has had many off field problems and run in's with the law. He is a solid talent but he is not a super star and is no more than a good back up to Forte.

I still stand by Fales being a wasted pick, will he add anything that Palmer won't?

Maybe saying it was a disappointing draft was a little harsh, it's been an ok draft but could of been better. I guess i am just more disappointed at not taking Dix or Pryor than anything else.

I never said they weren't good players' date=' in fact i said that Fuller is a good CB. And with Tillman and Jennings getting on we do need to replace them however with Dix and Pryor still available i would of much rather had one of those over Fuller. A FS is what we needed the most, especially after the Packers game at the end of last year.

With Dix going to the Packers i have a horrible feeling that is going to haunt us.

I also said that i was happy with Sutton who after losing some more weight will hopefully get back to the machine he was a couple of years ago. I said that Ferguson was a safe pick, he is a good player who will be productive.

I'm not as excited about Carey though, he has had many off field problems and run in's with the law. He is a solid talent but he is not a super star and is no more than a good back up to Forte.

I still stand by Fales being a wasted pick, will he add anything that Palmer won't?

Maybe saying it was a disappointing draft was a little harsh, it's been an ok draft but could of been better. I guess i am just more disappointed at not taking Dix or Pryor than anything else.[/quote']

See for me, granted our safety play was abysmal last year, but worse was our ability to stop the run and get pressure on the QB. That all starts up front in the trenches and if our moves this off-season help turn that line around, then the safety play will improve as a result. Yes, I'd rather have drafted safety first too, but if Fuller has a far higher grade than the safety's available, then I trust that judgement - sometimes taking the best available regardless of position is not that bad a move. We're gonna see a whole host of 3 receiver sets this year, and Fuller's got the size and traits to match up well against a variety of opponents.

Good back-ups to Forte and Cutler were exactly what was needed, so happy with those choices - they're not expected starters. If either of those guys go down, we're seriously weakened so improving depth was paramount. Trestman's good enough to maximise the potential in any QB.

See for me' date=' granted our safety play was abysmal last year, but worse was our ability to stop the run and get pressure on the QB. That all starts up front in the trenches and if our moves this off-season help turn that line around, then the safety play will improve as a result. Yes, I'd rather have drafted safety first too, but if Fuller has a far higher grade than the safety's available, then I trust that judgement - sometimes taking the best available regardless of position is not that bad a move. We're gonna see a whole host of 3 receiver sets this year, and Fuller's got the size and traits to match up well against a variety of opponents.

Good back-ups to Forte and Cutler were exactly what was needed, so happy with those choices - they're not expected starters. If either of those guys go down, we're seriously weakened so improving depth was paramount. Trestman's good enough to maximise the potential in any QB.[/quote']

Although Jennings and Tillman are getting on and more injury prone they are still good CB players. We don't have the same level at safety. Vereen is getting good reports and some hype but after him i don't rate the rest that we have, especially Conte.

I do see what your saying that with the rest of the defence improved the safety should improve as a result. I really hope your right.

I've just checked are free agent signings and we have got Jordan Lynch, that is a very interesting signing. Especially as he is listed as a RB.

I'm pretty happy with the Seahawks picks. Paul Richardson teaming up with Harvin is going to scare the living daylights out of opposition defenses. Quickest WR pairing?

Classic Pete Carroll draft really, trading down to acquire more picks and i have every faith we'll turn some of those lower draft choices into great players.

I'm really curious to see how the QB's do this year from the draft. Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater. The Vikings got a steal with Teddy at 32.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So my girlfriend just gave me my birthday present. Season ticket to all three NFL international games at Wembley this season!

Can't wait. :D

Very nice mate!

I'm off to the Lions v Falcons game this year. Normally do the early kick off game which is that one this time, have to be a Falcons supporter for the day being a Bears fan LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know a good place to buy NFL jerseys at non astronomical prices?

I'll keep an eye out but they are astronomical everywhere :o

When does the NFL season kickoff again?

4th September I believe - Green Bay at Seattle.

--

I can't wait for the fantasy NFL to start again!!!!!!!

Is it good quality?

I am intrigued, it can't be genuine merchandise for that price. It's posting from Hong Kong so is most probably a really good knock off from a Chinese Embroidary firm, some of that stuff can be of excellent quality. Have to watch as well that you don't get scooped for VAT by customs, but that's very rare to happen.

I was thinking of getting one off this guy.

Is it good quality?

I am intrigued' date=' it can't be genuine merchandise for that price. It's posting from Hong Kong so is most probably a really good knock off from a Chinese Embroidary firm, some of that stuff can be of excellent quality. Have to watch as well that you don't get scooped for VAT by customs, but that's very rare to happen.[/quote']

It's my first NFL jersey so I'm not 100% certain but it's certainly not cheap material, nothing makes me think it's not genuine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Wembley Tickets came on Thursday got to say they look so much more interesting than your bog standard English football tickets!

also tried my luck in the NFL fantasy Drafts playing against randoms, only been watching the sport a year so did most of my off rankings and typing player x vs player y into Google and ended up with these three teams anyone care to tell me how badly i've done? :P (And I do know Rice has the 2 game suspension he was just the best RB left on the board)

Team 1:

QB: Russel Wilson/RG3

RB: Monty Ball, CJ Spiller, Ray Rice, Darren Sproles

WR: Alshorn Jeffrey, Victor Cruz, Deshawn Jackson, Mike Wallace

RB/WR: Golden Tate

TE: Jimmy Graham, Erik Ebron

DEF: Cleveland

K: Nick Novak

Team 2:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler

RB: Adrian Peterson, Giovanni Bernard, MJD, Ray Rice

WR: Randall Cobb, Michael Floyd, Kennan Allen, Pierre Garcon