The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

Theres only oneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Ricky Williams :D

Well done sir. =/ He just ran right through the Panthers D' date=' especially on that.. what was it, like 40 yard TD rush in the 4th!? Looks like he's back to his old self. Same with DeAngelo Williams, he ran for over 100+ yards too, not much passing in this game, so much for my prediction of Delhomme throwing no interceptions. :rolleyes: Btw, he seemed to play MUCH BETTER when he went 'no huddle'. [/font']

Phew!!!! The Dolphins picked up another win. Didnt do anything special untill the last six minutes or so of the second quarter. Ricky Williams was a superb replacement for BIG Ronnie. Even Henne started to throw the ball well, wasnt expecting that. Still the Panthers made us work for it and i trully thought we might have given it up but the defence were strong. So Miami are back at.500 and an interesting match between the Pats and the Jets this sunday. Bring on the Bills.

Better just quickly squeeze my predictions in. Don't have time to do reasons though.

Colts @ Ravens

'Skins @ Boys

Browns @ Lions

Bills @ Jags

Niners @ Packers

Steelers @ Chiefs

'Hawks @ Vikes

Falcons @ Giants

Saints @ Bucs

Cards @ Rams

Chargers @ Broncos

Jets @ Pats

Bengals @ Raiders

Eagles @ Bears

Titans @ Texans

Went 11-5 this week, not surprised that Bucs lost, i had just hoped we would have kept the 'over' to 10 points at most... but no, we got routed. The Pats rebounded back well as expected after the whole 4th Qtr-Colts shambles, speaking of the Colts the Ravens seemed like they had it, and where gonna give them there first loss, but as strong as that Ravens D can be, Flacco had nothing going. Biggest surprise no doubt for me was the ... :eek: WHAT! Raiders beating Bengals!!?? Crazy bizzle for a team that want's to be taken seriously as a Superbowl contender, also the Steelers lost to the Chiefs, but more devastating than the loss is that 'Big Ben' may have suffered a concussion, things just seem to be getting worse for the Steel. The Cowboys where abysmal, yet still picked up the win, the Giants finally won, Vikings are looking amazing, especially Favre who's starting to lose his 'gun slinger' image, having only thrown 3 INT's all season so far, putting up MVP numbers, saw the Eagles-Bears match, what do you say about Jay Cutler? He's stuck in quick-sand and can't get out, awful accuracy on his throws seemed to be the theme of things for the Bears offence, along with Hester's trousers getting pulled down as he was running his route :rolleyes:, and credit to the Bears D, as they did hang in there to give there team a chance, except for that nice throw by McNabb to Jackson for the TD, which edged it for the Eagles.

As for the Monday Night'r saw quite abit of it, including the end, and yet again the Texans kicker pulled his FG to the left, just as he did against the Colts, which had he made it, the game would have gone to OT. Shout out to Vince Young in the match, was nothing spectacular, but managed the ball well, and even saw himself doing some vintage Vince Young being in the pocket and legging it down the field, he's now... 4-0 as a starter this year! Player of the game no doubt was Chris Johnson, who's turning into a pure BEAST, can anybody stop him!!?? He now has 6 straight games running for over 100+ yards, could tie a franchise record if he does it again next week. In my opinion he could perhaps be the best RB in the NFL, but only if he had picked up this kind of pace, ability in the opening weeks, from the beginning, thus making me still come to the conclusion, as this moment in time AP is still the best RB in the league... closely followed by Chris Johnson.

Next week's MNF match-up should be great... Pats VS Saints!! Doesn't get much better than that. ;)

Predictions records:

Kylan N17:

Week 9: 8/13

Week 10: 7/15

Week 11: 10/16

andyowls:

Week 9: 8/13

Week 10: 9/15

Week 11: 10/16

AdamG:

Week 9: no score

Week 10: 9/15

Week 11: 1/1 - where were the other 15?! :D

==> Table looks as such:

1. AdamG - 10/16 ==> 62.5% success rate

2. andyowls - 27/44 ==> 61.4% success rate

3. Kylan N17 - 25/44 ==> 56.8% success rate

- - - - - - - - - -

Week 12 Picks:

Packers @ Lions

Raiders @ 'Boys

Giants @ Broncos

Bucs @ Falcons

Dolphins @ Bills

Colts @ Texans

Panthers @ Jets

Browns @ Bengals

'Skins @ Eagles

'Hawks @ Rams

Chiefs @ Chargers

Jags @ Niners

Bears @ Vikes

Cards @ Titans

Steelers @ Ravens

Pats @ Saints

Get your picks in quick boys - Thanksgiving football is nearly here!

Andy ~ Start me up this week...

The Pack/Lions game just started... And seeing how the lowly Lions are already up 7-0. I'll take the Pack, just like everyone on earth

Week 12 Picks:

Packers @ Lions - the past five Thanksgivings, the Lions have been outscored 179-62

Raiders @ 'Boys

Giants @ Broncos - a MUST WIN game @ home after dropping 4 in a row

Bucs @ Falcons - the spread moved from -11 to -12.5

Dolphins @ Bills - Bills would be a lock if it was snowing (it's only going to rain), but I'll still take 'em

Colts @ Texans

Panthers @ Jets

Browns @ Bengals

'Skins @ Eagles

'Hawks @ Rams

Chiefs @ Chargers

Jags @ Niners - bet the Under

Bears @ Vikes - the spread moved form -9.5 to -10.5

Cards @ Titans

Steelers @ Ravens

Pats @ Saints

Happy Thanksgiving...!

Andy ~ Start me up this week...

Done...

Colts @ Texans

...was seriously tempted to go with on this one' date=' but I think they'll fall just short...again...

Happy Thanksgiving...!

...and to you, my good friend! :) Just got back from doing a shop, so now it's time to chill out in front of some Thanksgiving football. Love it.

Regretting not putting Aaron Rodgers as my QB this week. He's tearing up that Lions D. Driver's having a big day too. Stafford's getting it going a little bit this drive, but I wonder whether his heroics from last week have been played up a bit too much. After all, it was only Cleveland, and Green Bay are showing him up to be just a normal, error-prone rookie.

Also, I enjoyed that Motown skit at half-time. :)

Nice one with the table Andy, will make things more competitive, fun. :) I would've done that but have been busy with my stupid Uni, who have gone and fluffed up my transcripts somewhere. :mad:

Week 12 Picks:

Raiders @ Cowboys

-Raiders win against Bengals was a 'one-off', no chance I'll pick'em here.

Giants @ Broncos

-Orton = papped!

Bucs @ Falcons

-God help my Bucs!! :o

Dolphins @ Bills

-Satisfied Adam??

Colts @ Texans

-They hung in there last time with 'em Colts, but not this time.

Panthers @ Jets

Browns @ Bengals

-Bengals to win... and win... BIG!

Redskins @ Eagles

-Eagles, easily.

Seahawks @ Rams

-Trying to close the gap on you Andy with this pick. ;)

Chiefs @ Chargers

Jags @ Niners

-MDJ! MDJ!

Bears @ Vikes

Cards @ Titans

-DON"T PUT LEINART IN!!!

Steelers @ Ravens

Pats @ Saints

-... so ends the undefeated season! :P

CUE THE COMEBACK!! :D

Just the Pack/Lions game so yeh' date=' at 27-9 in the 4th, I aint giving you that! :D[/quote']

*Pirate ARGH's in typical Bucs fashion* :P Insolent Uni, I've been on the phone with them and OCAS for about 2 hours, even also on the net, with some 'chat agent' helpline or something, then trotted off to play an hour of Assasins Creed 2, forgot all about NFL today. :o Player of the game will probs get a turkey leg, I remember when they gave some RB on the Vikings a whole turkey. lol.

Player of the game will probs get a turkey leg' date=' I remember when they gave some RB on the Vikings a whole turkey. lol.[/font']

Yeh, they've mentioned it. They're talking Driver up for that: 7 catches, 142 yards and a TD, although Rodgers has gotta be up for it as well with nearly 350 yards passing and 3 TD's. Woodson's had a good game on defence as well.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone anywhere who would have picked the Lions straight-up in this game...;)

That said, I'd love to see them at least cover the spread +11.5 just so more murders don't occur in Detroit tonight...

EDIT: and right on queue they give up another TD...

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone anywhere who would have picked the Lions straight-up in this game...;)

That said' date=' I'd love to see them at least cover the spread +11.5 just so more murders don't occur in Detroit tonight...[/quote']

True that! And Charles Woodson's just put paid to that, as well as possibly winning himself that god-awful trophey.

Yeh' date=' they've mentioned it. They're talking Driver up for that: 7 catches, 142 yards and a TD, although Rodgers has gotta be up for it as well with nearly 350 yards passing and 3 TD's. Woodson's had a good game on defence as well.[/quote']

Dammm! Looks like the Pack are back.... even though against the Lions. I'm quite liking Driver, he's very consistent in running good routes, Rodgers, well a good QB imo, but his success is too dependent on that Packers OL as we've come to see. I like Stafford, I know he got quite a ton of praise from many people after he came on the pitch, looking quite banged-up and got that TD, but seriously even when you fade away that novelty act, if they can get there defence or even just offence sorted out the Lions could be a team shooting for a .500 season next year, not something to brag about, but seeing where they've come from, a step in the right direction. Looking forward to seeing the Steelers-Ravens and of course a cracker Monday Night'r in Pats-Saints.

I remember when Madden started that tradition of the turkey trophy. Guys after the game would be chowing down on turkey legs and gravy and cans of Bud right on the field.

I think one of the channels has a trophy after on of these games today where they give out a pie or something made by Phil Simms' mother !

Haha' date=' i remember that too, that's what I was talking about before, some of the Vikings players, I think it was 4 players, this was back when Randall Cunnigham was the Vikes QB, Chris Carter was WR, i can't remember the RB's name, and someone else, after the match all sweaty on the field, lined up by this fat turkey, don't worry, John Madden was in the booth ;), they're just standing there toasting the camera with a turkey leg in each of there hands... although i don't recall there being any booze, could've been injected into the turkey though... who knows.[/font']

:eek:

^^ That face pretty much says it all in my books after that MNF game. Saints = WOW! I've NEVER seen the Pats offence get pushed around like that!!! I think we all gathered it was gonna be a high scoring affair, where whomever's defence would come up the biggest would win... but I never saw it going like this! As good as Brees and his receiving options where, the Saints D where just RAW, especially Sharper and Revis, who took Brady and Moss to skool. Their coverage was impeccable to the point Brady couldn't get anything going, a very impressive performance, which I'm sure has made doubters like me of the Saints, put them as concrete contenders. :o

:eek:

^^ That face pretty much says it all in my books after that MNF game. Saints = WOW! I've NEVER seen the Pats offence get pushed around like that!!! I think we all gathered it was gonna be a high scoring affair' date=' where whomever's defence would come up the biggest would win... but I never saw it going like this! As good as Brees and his receiving options where, the Saints D where just RAW, especially Sharper and Revis, who took Brady and Moss to skool. Their coverage was impeccable to the point Brady couldn't get anything going, a very impressive performance, which I'm sure has made doubters like me of the Saints, put them as concrete contenders. :o[/font']

^^^Summed up very well Kylan, however my face is still :mad: after sunday night, how on earth did we lose to the Bills, of all the teams to lose too

^^^Summed up very well Kylan' date=' however my face is still :mad: after sunday night, how on earth did we lose to the Bills, of all the teams to lose too[/quote']

The Bills imo are always a darkhorse pick, you never know which Bills team will turn up, plus in wintery conditions they always seem to play well, so am not totally surprised that they won. Btw Adam, if you didn't see the picks, I picked your lot to beat the Bills.... that's the last bloody time I tell ya m8. :P

Saints were immense, yes. Was really impressed with Mike McKensie who only got resigned by the Saints again last week after being released in the offseason (he, in fact, rejected all offers and held out for the Saints, going to all their home games this season). As much as I was impressed by their D, Drew Brees just blew me away. The guy's an absolute genious, although the Pats secondary were simply just not good enough - they really did show they're age.

Also, I think it also shows that BB was right to go for it on 4th down against the Colts. Peyton would have shreaded that Pats secondary regardless of where they got the ball.

Saints were immense' date=' yes. Was really impressed with Mike McKensie who only got resigned by the Saints again last week after being released in the offseason (he, in fact, rejected all offers and held out for the Saints, going to all their home games this season). As much as I was impressed by their D, Drew Brees just blew me away. The guy's an absolute genious, although the Pats secondary were simply just not good enough - they really did show they're age.

Also, I think it also shows that BB was right to go for it on 4th down against the Colts. Peyton would have shreaded that Pats secondary regardless of where they got the ball.[/quote']

On Belichick, with regards to the whole, '4th Qtr, 4th down, Pats-Colts fiasco', I think it was something which was just over-hyped by the media, as it's so easy for us to judge on peoples actions or there lack off, decisions made in-game, etc... as we're seeing it all in hindsight, whereas would have the Pats made the 4th down conversion into a 1st down, Belichick would have once again be praised for being a grand schemer with balls made of steel, then run down the clock for the W. As it happened they didn't convert, this is where I agree with you Andy, just looking at the way this Pats defence has come and is going since the last two years, they're unreliable, lack consistency, have purely become reliant on the Pats offence to manage the clock and do the work, whereas during the days when they had players like Bruschi, Asante Samuel, Vrabel, they where solid at both ends.

With regards to Brees, I do rate him, he's as assertive both in and out the pocket with his play-making abilities, not to mention he has an array of running options in the I-FORM (Bell, Pierre Thomas, Bush) as well as pacy receivers all over. I still think in my opinion he's behind both Brady and Peyton still, I'd probably say tied third on my list with Favre. Good shout-out on McKenzie I remember while watching the game on ESPN they kept on mentioning his name saying he hasn't played in a while and got picked up as a FA I believe it was, he was stellar along with Sharper and Revis who stood out for me in the secondary.

Was reading on ESPN's site y'day that apparently Mark Sanchez was receiving lessons in 'sliding' from New York Yankees baseball gaffer, Joe Girrardi, to improve his sliding technique while running. lol.

Also in related 'American Football' news, well kinda, in the CFL (Canadian Football League), they just recently played the Grey Cup on the weekend, which would be their equivalent to the Superbowl, Montreal VS Saskatchewan, didn't watch the game, but saw highlights, and my oh my, the way this game ended!! Pure drama + awesomeness = WICKEDNESS!? Basically Saskatchewan where winning at half-time, 17-3, they then had a 27-11 lead against Montreal heading into the 4th quarter. Montreal then in the 4th quarter goes on an offensive rampage, putting up 14 unanswered points, making it 27-25, again Montreal with ball, there QB, Calvillo going no huddle as the clock ticks down, getting the offence in field-goal range, calling a timeout, just leaving minuscule seconds for another play, now... this is where the drama kicks in. The Montreal kicker attempts the 43 yard field goal.... MISSES!! The games over, Saskatchewan go in a frenzy, thinking they've won... but... what's this... :eek: A YELLOW FLAG!! Saskatchewan had TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD, OUCH!!! Kick gets re-taken of course, 10 yards ahead of the last play as it results in a penalty, so this time from the 33 yard line... field goal is .. GOOD! Montreal win the Grey Cup. Could you imagine if the Superbowl would end on that kind of note? How crazy/mentally insane would it be? I'd feel so bad if I was that 'extra-man' on the field that resulted in the yellow flag. Total bummer dude! :o

Can you believe that we all missed the start of the picks this week... The scumbag J-E-T-S beat the lowly Bills up in Toronto tonight 19-13.

I didn't even realize there was a game tonight until on my way home right now I just saw 2 absolutely bombed girls wearing Jets jerseys sitting on a NYC curb in their own vomit. Needless to say some lowlife is getting lucky tonight.

Anyway, on paper the remaining games really don't look all that intriguing.... other than maybe the Cowboys/Giants and the Eagles/Falcons. In both of those games the betting line has already moved 2+ points in favor of the visitors. Insane!!! This is the type of weekend where the bookies mop up!