The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

I really cannot put into words just how disappointed I am in Miami after the past two weeks.

We actually have a decent defence, one which does put pressure on the quarterback but when they are forced to be on the pitch more often that not, because of the god awful offense what can they do!

Tannehill needs to step up, no questions about it. He can't even blame the rushing game because Lamar Miller was actually pretty decent last night. We need to step up offensively, he needs to start finding Wallace deep, and we need to start winning!

Devastated to have lost to the Packers at home.

There were mistakes that ultimately cost us and when you make a mistake against a team that has Aaron Rodgers your going to pay for them. As much as it pains me to say some of the things he did today were unreal, the sooner he retires/leaves the packers the better!

Cutler looked good early on but blew himself up a bit in the second half. I thought the ball crossed the line at the end of the second half, should of gone for the field goal with 9 seconds left anyway though.

Forte was running the ball for fun and marching over the Packers defense, as did Ka'Deem Carey.

Well, I've finally been able to sit down at a computer after the game yesterday, which I of course attended, very much looking forward to the next two in a month's time.

I thought that despite Oakland not being the greatest, Miami were absolutely excellent, on both sides of the ball. I think I read at that at one point in the third quarter, the Dolphins were averaging 11 yards per throw and seven yards per run which is great figures whoever you are playing.

The defence dominated Oakland in the same way they did against the Patriots in the Second Half of Game 1.

Game was incredible last night. Was glad the game didn't disappoint - as I fully expected it to. Miami running away with it isn't the best thing for myself as a Pats fan but I'm not worried enough about us not getting out the division to sacrifice seeing a great game live.

Aside from the opening drive, Miami were toying with the Raiders. Must say as well that there were a hell of a lot of Miami fans in the stadium so it was probably more like a home tie for them rather than the raiders!

Loved the whole occasion though. Can't wait for the next two. The next game should be a belter!

They are working the ball well right now against a Panthers defense which is no pushovers.

Panthers are missing Greg Hardy big time' date=' hopefully he takes another week off next week with my Bears due to visit.

Devastated to have lost to the Packers at home.

There were mistakes that ultimately cost us and when you make a mistake against a team that has Aaron Rodgers your going to pay for them. As much as it pains me to say some of the things he did today were unreal, the sooner he retires/leaves the packers the better!

Cutler looked good early on but blew himself up a bit in the second half. I thought the ball crossed the line at the end of the second half, should of gone for the field goal with 9 seconds left anyway though.

Forte was running the ball for fun and marching over the Packers defense, as did Ka'Deem Carey.

People can praise Rodgers all they like, I for one think he's the best in the business, but give anyone the amount of time in the pocket that we did yesterday is a recipe for disaster. Seen several comments saying Kyle Fuller got a wake-up call to the pros yesterday but christ - we didn't even touch Rodgers once! The secondary had no chance. Need Allen and Ratliff back pronto.

Disappointed that we wasted clock before half time by running the ball, wasted 7 points there. And don't understand why we didn't just keep on running the ball that first drive in the 3rd quarter, before Jay's first pick (which was baaaaad) - Forte was picking up huge chunks every down. I love what Trestman has done for the Bears, but he still needs to learn better time management and play calling is questionable at times.

Having said that, the play design / execution on Jeffrey's TD was a thing of pure beauty - people should check it out!

Panthers are missing Greg Hardy big time' date=' hopefully he takes another week off next week with my Bears due to visit.

People can praise Rodgers all they like, I for one think he's the best in the business, but give anyone the amount of time in the pocket that we did yesterday is a recipe for disaster. Seen several comments saying Kyle Fuller got a wake-up call to the pros yesterday but christ - we didn't even touch Rodgers once! The secondary had no chance. Need Allen and Ratliff back pronto.

Disappointed that we wasted clock before half time by running the ball, wasted 7 points there. And don't understand why we didn't just keep on running the ball that first drive in the 3rd quarter, before Jay's first pick (which was baaaaad) - Forte was picking up huge chunks every down. I love what Trestman has done for the Bears, but he still needs to learn better time management and play calling is questionable at times.

Having said that, the play design / execution on Jeffrey's TD was a thing of pure beauty - people should check it out![/quote']

I was thinking more of Rodgers TD pass that was over ruled by a penalty, where he threw it just as he was getting tackled. Your right though we did give him plenty of time to set himself and arrow the ball where ever he wanted.

Jeffery's TD was a thing of beauty, fantastic play.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm more concerned about why we give them a time out' date=' twice, in the last few seconds. After we stopped them on third down we had the momentum, then went and called a time out :mad:[/quote']

Some of the decision making is beyond worrying! But I do feel if we played a little better in the first half then we'd have been in a much better position to win.

Some of the decision making is beyond worrying! But I do feel if we played a little better in the first half then we'd have been in a much better position to win.

How on earth you managed to let the Packers squirm their way out of that one with a win is well and truly beyond me, was so angry watching that final drive!!