The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

How on earth you managed to let the Packers squirm their way out of that one with a win is well and truly beyond me' date=' was so angry watching that final drive!![/quote']

Listening to Philbin after the game made me even more angry, and to top it off, Moreno has injured the same ACL as he did in 2011, so is out for the season

Going for Packers Vs Chargers!

Would you guys waiver Adrian Peterson in fantasy? Got him in one of my teams but can't see him returning!

I would seriously consider it, I don't see him being a Viking next season. Even if he is cleared by the courts (who knows how long before a verdict is reached) he will still face a ban from Goodell along the lines of Big Ben's a good few years back.

Chargers are clearly number one team right now, I don't think it's close. Don't have a problem with the Cowgirls being top 3 though, especially after winning at Century Link. Problem for them is when DeMarco Murray inevitably goes down - no way he can sustain carrying the rock as often as he is doing.

As an Eagles fan there is no chance we are the number one team in the league. Not sure about the Chargers either, good win over the Seahawks in week 2 but since then their schedule has been incredibly kind, Bills, Jags, Jets and the Raiders - who ran them mighty close despite looking god awful.

I think the Cowboys are the the form team at the moment, they'd top my 'power rankings' as much as I hope they crash and burn (Unfortunately their schedule is a cakewalk). But really I think no team has neared the bar that the Seahawks and Broncos set, and I'd expect both of those teams to be getting into gear come the playoffs.

I think we might see a team with an average record come from under the radar and win like we have in the few years previous to last, like the Colts or someone.

Baffled to see an NFL player arrested for shoplifting. You'd think a player earning hundreds of thousands would be able to afford some cheap cologne. What's the mentality here? That's just the latest in line of incidents to tarnish the reputation of the league and it really isn't helping in times when NFL is looking to atract more fans from around the globe

I think the Cowboys are the the form team at the moment' date=' they'd top my 'power rankings' as much as I hope they crash and burn (Unfortunately their schedule is a cakewalk). But really I think no team has neared the bar that the Seahawks and Broncos set, and I'd expect both of those teams to be getting into gear come the playoffs.

[/quote']

I fancy Cowboys to be the no5 seed and bomb out @ 4th seed.

How you feeling about the Saints so far Woodsy?

Little injuries are affecting that position and others at the same time. EG Missing John Jenkins at NT has affected the rush of Jordan and Galette. This then causes a knock on affect to our pretty poor secondary (QB has more time) outside of Lewis and the safeties. Safeties have then had to play so deep to cover the poor CB's and the intermediate routes have been killing us as we don't really have any coverage LB's. Jenkins is back now, Mark Ingram is back and also Erik Lorig is back at FB.

Luckily the rest of the division has been pretty average too and we're still well in the hunt.

Massive game at Detroit this weekend, hopefully Megatron continues to stay injured. We can then stick Lewis on Tate and not have to worry much else in the receiving corps.

I think we might see a team with an average record come from under the radar and win like we have in the few years previous to last' date=' like the Colts or someone.[/quote']

Like the Bears? :D

I can't wait until Thanksgiving...

Me too' date=' really good slate of games this year...booking the Thursday/Friday off especially to take full appreciation.

Massive game at Detroit this weekend, hopefully Megatron continues to stay injured. We can then stick Lewis on Tate and not have to worry much else in the receiving corps.

Think you need to worry more about the Lions D than the Lions O - they've been stingier than anyone in the league this year. Fully hoping that you lot coming off a bye can knock them over, fingers crossed that your buddies over in Carolina can do the same to the fudge packers.

Like the Bears? :D

Me too' date=' really good slate of games this year...booking the Thursday/Friday off especially to take full appreciation.

Think you need to worry more about the Lions D than the Lions O - they've been stingier than anyone in the league this year. Fully hoping that you lot coming off a bye can knock them over, fingers crossed that your buddies over in Carolina can do the same to the fudge packers.[/quote']

I'm in the US for thanksgiving as per usual. Going to Ravens @ Saints on the MNF 3 days before too :D

I don't ever really worry about D to be honest. Even when we played Seattle twice last year, I had confidence the O would get points, just all about how many stops the D can make.We have enough mis-matches to get some O going. I hope we pound the run, go in 3 WR (Cooks, Stills and Colston), 1 TE formations and threaten that we could do absolutely anything. Keep the safeties back and lets see what the 3 RBs can do.

Jimmy trained on a limited basis yesterday... Rather not mess about and have him raring to go for GB next week.

Wow! Percy Harvin traded to the Jets!!

Didn't see this coming, he's not overly productive but he has talent to burn and that SB performance was a major factor in Seattles victory. Think Carroll is worrying about next season and the salaries he will have to payout.

The remaining recievers just aren't that good enough now. If they knew they were going to bounce Percy why did they let Golden Tate walk?...........

Wow! Percy Harvin traded to the Jets!!

Didn't see this coming' date=' he's not overly productive but he has talent to burn and that SB performance was a major factor in Seattles victory. Think Carroll is worrying about next season and the salaries he will have to payout.

The remaining recievers just aren't that good enough now. If they knew they were going to bounce Percy why did they let Golden Tate walk?...........[/quote']

Isn't Russel Wilson due an extension this season? I remember reading that somewhere after the Super Bowl. They're probably giving themselves as much extra room to manoeuvre with him as possible. I imagine Harvin is on a big wage. Plus he hasn't excatly shone above all their other receivers. I kind of always get the impression that the fear factor around him from other teams due to what they know he's capable of did more damage than the player himself.

Yeah I was shocked to read this morning of the trade but then again it doesn't surprise me... Great way to cut your losses by Schneider but what they gave up for him to begin with and what they've got for him are borderline madness, a mid round pick is what they got and a 1st,3rd and 7th they gave up... Anyway I don't think he's what Seattle need and the fact that they tried to work around his talents had effected them, what he did im the super bowl alone was enough to justify what they paid but I think the mid round pick shows how quick they wanted him gone. As for re-signings etc, yeah Wilson is due big money and they maybe looking to hold on to Lynch with this trade but that's unlikely.