The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

Oh yeah... we back.

This was the only thing that cheered me up from the weekend.

We got absolutely destroyed' date=' a total embarrassment. Our defense is pathetic, even worse than last year, linebackers and secondary especially. Our line is okay but Brady knew how to counter by largely throwing quick passes in a hurry up offense. Offensively, we were slow to get started and paid the price. Cutler is frustrating me more and more, but he's not the main problem - he can't do much if the defense concedes 31 points before half time. The play calling is really bad right now, Trestman needs a kick up the arse. All in all, this is already a wasted season, which is quite simply unacceptable given the personnel we have. We should be battling for a play-off spot, rather than with Minnesota for a wooden spoon.

He said post match that he will just play out of the shotgun if he has to. I would be pretty worried if I was a pack fan.

I wouldn't, he gets two weeks off to recover - his bye then the Bears at Lambeau. He could play in a wheelchair against us and still throw for 300+ yards.

We got absolutely destroyed' date=' a total embarrassment. Our defense is pathetic, even worse than last year, linebackers and secondary especially. Our line is okay but Brady knew how to counter by largely throwing quick passes in a hurry up offense. Offensively, we were slow to get started and paid the price. Cutler is frustrating me more and more, but he's not the main problem - he can't do much if the defense concedes 31 points before half time. The play calling is really bad right now, Trestman needs a kick up the arse. All in all, this is already a wasted season, which is quite simply unacceptable given the personnel we have. We should be battling for a play-off spot, rather than with Minnesota for a wooden spoon.

I wouldn't, he gets two weeks off to recover - his bye then the Bears at Lambeau. He could play in a wheelchair against us and still throw for 300+ yards.[/quote']

Haha thats probably true

:D

Hamstring' date=' but has said he won't miss any time - plus they have a bye next week so should be rested up.[/quote']
Only seen that he won't miss any time' date=' your on a bye week like us next so that gives him time to rest up. Hamstring injury will affect him though, no matter he say's.[/quote']
He said post match that he will just play out of the shotgun if he has to. I would be pretty worried if I was a pack fan.

Ty lads

I wouldn't, he gets two weeks off to recover - his bye then the Bears at Lambeau. He could play in a wheelchair against us and still throw for 300+ yards.[/quote']

It is a real embarrassment, how long until Mel Tucker is shown the door? Although i don't want to put it all on him as the likes of Houston haven't exactly lived up to their wage bill. The fact he injured himself celebrating a sack in the 4th quarter is disgusting, how can you be celebrating anything when you have been utterly destroyed!

Cutler is really irritating me as well, i'm annoyed at myself for believing the hype behind him before the season kicked off. I really thought he would be leading us towards the play-offs this year.

It is a real embarrassment' date=' how long until Mel Tucker is shown the door? Although i don't want to put it all on him as the likes of Houston haven't exactly lived up to their wage bill. The fact he injured himself celebrating a sack in the 4th quarter is disgusting, how can you be celebrating anything when you have been utterly destroyed!

Cutler is really irritating me as well, i'm annoyed at myself for believing the hype behind him before the season kicked off. I really thought he would be leading us towards the play-offs this year.[/quote']

Tucker has to go ASAP, defense has been horrible for 24 games under his guidance. Injuries haven't helped but everyone gets them - we have to do better. Houston's injury was laughable, he's been a complete non-entity this season and now he's done, brilliant. Hopefully we'll see more of the rookies now.

Although Cutler should be doing more, he's an easy scapegoat, the media puts it all on him - even more so after his contract extension. He is on pace for 4000+ yards and 34 TD's after all, with a passer rating just south of 100. My biggest gripe with Jay is that he just doesn't seem to have that ability to put the team on his back and drag them to a win when the chips are down, like your Brady's and Rodgers' do. I can't recall him ever having done it for the Bears - if the team is underperforming, Jay also underperforms. If we're on point, Jay plays lights out - there's no middle ground. I never expect him to play at the level of the aforementioned, but I manage to see the Romo's and Stafford's of the NFL singlehandedly win matches. Jay needs to start doing the same.

Efficient game last night baring the first couple of drives where there were two unlucky turnovers. Back on track and looking hot on offense again. 3 home games in a row now' date=' hopefully we can continue our run.[/quote']

Ingram doing well again - got on him as 1st TD scorer at 8/1, although I read that he is going to test free agency in 2015?

Ingram doing well again - got on him as 1st TD scorer at 8/1' date=' although I read that he is going to test free agency in 2015?[/quote']

I have him in all 3 of my fantasy teams :P he would be stupid to not test free agency. I don't doubt that we would pay him the going rate, it's more the touches that I think he wants. SP loves the running back by committee method and I don't think he can commit to giving Ingram the reps he has got the past two games (mid 20s on Sunday, 30 last night) when everyone is fit. Maybe the past two games has made him realise who Ingram is and what he can provide us but who knows. I don't think SP is ready to dump off Pierre Thomas which is who I think would need to go to accommodate Ingram getting more touches. I really hope he stays as i've always had confidence in him but i'm not holding my breath. All speculation of course but maybe a play is for us to franchise tag him.

Another crazy weekend so far.

Dolphins shut out Charges. Rivers complete bust.

Kaepernick sacked 6 times already (5 in first half) by the Rams.

Manning ignoring Julius Thomas again.

Wilson doing zip against Raiders so far.

RGIII and Bridgewater go toe to toe.

Eagles & Cardinals winning important games.

& more!

Totally chuffed, once again, with the way the Dolphins performed once again.

We were dominant on all levels. Our defence seems to get better every time I watch them. Have read that in four of the last five games, we have held the opposition to 14 or fewer points. Cameron Wake is an animal, Jelani Jenkins has really stepped up too, and Brent Grimes showing once again what he can do with 2 more interceptions.

On the other side, since all that nonsense before the Oakland game, Tannehill has found another level to his game. Excellent display once more, Clay once again a big target but Jarvis Landry is really stepping up, he may be a rookie, but he's dangerous!

Looking forward to Wembley next weekend for my third outing. Dallas surely have to play Romo otherwise it could be a lot closer than I've previously predicted.

Edelman unlucky there' date=' having a great night.

Broncos been poor.

Still got the big one to come too! I pray to god we beat the Ravens![/quote']

We were pretty awesome though. Edelman was great, as was Brady. Gronkowski looks to be getting back to his best and our defence was on point, especially in the first half.

Totally chuffed' date=' once again, with the way the Dolphins performed once again.

We were dominant on all levels. Our defence seems to get better every time I watch them. Have read that in four of the last five games, we have held the opposition to 14 or fewer points. Cameron Wake is an animal, Jelani Jenkins has really stepped up too, and Brent Grimes showing once again what he can do with 2 more interceptions.

On the other side, since all that nonsense before the Oakland game, Tannehill has found another level to his game. Excellent display once more, Clay once again a big target but Jarvis Landry is really stepping up, he may be a rookie, but he's dangerous!

Looking forward to Wembley next weekend for my third outing. Dallas surely have to play Romo otherwise it could be a lot closer than I've previously predicted.[/quote']

With Clay, Landry and Miller it is an exciting offence for Tannehill to work with, I hope Miller's injury is just a tweak and isn't anything too bad.

We were pretty awesome though. Edelman was great' date=' as was Brady. Gronkowski looks to be getting back to his best and our defence was on point, especially in the first half.[/quote']

You had the Broncos all over the place for a good while, they were always going to finish closer than it was looking at one point. I thought Edelman was really good, he and LaFell are dangerous - I hope Vereen gets more if the ball too. Brady has turned it around (not that it was ever panic stations) - I have to say watching a fully fit, confident Gronkowski really is something special.

I love the rivalry lol so much unnecessary roughness. Fairplay to the Steelers tonight they were the better team and congrats to big Ben on the touchdown record.

But can we please finally get a close SNF game? :P

Congrats Ash :)

Big Ben does it again, I was expecting a 2 point game but (thankfully) it didn't turn out like that - two (never been done before) 6 TD games in a row. Like Brady, Ben has turned things around big time recently - going to try not get too excited but the 4 B's in Ben, Bell, Brown and Bryant (sleeper and half he is) it is nice to experience it :).