The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

Urgh, double whammy this week.

Steelers lose to Saints (just!) and I lose to Alex in the fantasy league.

This week can take a running jump!

Interesting murmurs about the Saints potentially looking a QB in the draft though: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000436091/article/saints-plan-to-draft-a-quarterback-high-in-2015

Urgh' date=' double whammy this week.

Interesting murmurs about the Saints potentially looking a QB in the draft though: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000436091/article/saints-plan-to-draft-a-quarterback-high-in-2015

I got 140 points in another fantasy and lost by 1 point :mad:

I don't think we look for a QB this year, too many other holes we need to fill.

:)

Urgh' date=' double whammy this week.

The QB draft class isn't great though, I don't think any team that isn't crying out for a QB will look to draft one this time round.

This is getting really embarrassing and frustrating to watch now! We seem to play extremely bad for 80% of the game yet can pull of things like Jeffery's TD at the start of the 4th quarter.

I didn't think we did too bad against the cowboys in the first half, even though we were losing. As soon as the second half started though we looked like a team full of rookies!

Why bother defending at all. Some of the gaps we leave you could drive an arctic korry through!

Marshall getting injured and carted off isn't great news, neither is Bennett looking like the walking wounded!

Edit: My god we are frustrating! Fantastic pass and catch to lead into Cutler running it in for the TD along with the onside kick recover. Yet the D leaves itself wide open for Dallas to have a big old drive and get a Field goal!

Bennett needs to come off, he looks like he can hardly move. He is much too important too us to risk playing in a game we have a slight chance at winning. It's not even like we would get in the playoffs with a win. May help but being realistic its not going to happen.

What a game Steelers & especially Le'Veon Bell! 50 receiving yards 1 TD, 185 rushing yards 2 TD's.

No.1 running back this year.

Great to see Bryant grab a TD, for 94 yards no less! My second favourite rookie behind big Mike Evans.

Rams with their 2nd straight shutout. Saints embarrassed by Superman Cam Newton with Jimmy Graham no-showing again!

Good week so far!

What a start (not in a good way)! After wondering how painful this game was going to be from our awful first 3 play calls the saints gift it back.

I still expect it too be painful viewing ha!

Edit: Oh look I was right. The OL failing time and again, Mills at RT has been awful so far offering no protection what so ever. Not too mention a fake punt that not only fails to make the few yards but gives up a penalty for an illegal formation!

Luckily the Saints haven't been all that great even if they are 14-0 up, as well as the defense playing better than our offense.

Where were some of these play calls in the first three quarters?!

Wasn't a shut out but was still abysmal! Not enjoying seeing all the experienced bears players joking with the saints after the game, they should be disappointed in the showing they put in.

Bears bench Cutler in favour of Clausen!

What an absolute mess this has turned into, 2 games left and now Trestman thinks we need a spark at QB. This seems to be Trestman trying to save his job, proving his offense does work and that Cutler is the problem not him.

Is Cutler to blame for our problems? Yes but then so are a lot of other factors. Like Trestman's game management and the OL being more leaky than a sieve, not too mention Mel Tucker and the defense.

Clausen did ok, better than I expected him to do. He took a monster hit to the head as well.

GloomyGraveAddax.gif

A lot of dropped passes today will have hindered his numbers. Some play calls and game management issues that were still bad but I guess with Clausen looking half decent Trestman will see it as proving the problems are all with Cutler.

The latest seems to be that Cutler is on his way out and possibly to the Titans, could be interesting with them holding the number 1 pick in the draft at the moment.

how much did it set you back? I am tempted :)
Depends where you sit but I had some pretty good seats for 115 including booking fee. The moronic site wouldn't allow me to do the direct debit format though.

Yeah the direct debit failed for us too so we put the lot on my pals credit card. We went club seats for £260 each.