Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

The Official NFL Thread.

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

What an utterly depressing and awful performance from the Bears. I didn't expect miracles but a little effort would of been nice from some, players and coaches!

I still have no idea what will actually happen with the fall out of this season, maybe it's more of I don't know what is best. The problem with starting again with a new QB is that our best offensive players are in their prime now. Bennet, Marshall and Forte won't be much use once a new QB has had a couple of seasons to settle in, the time is now to take advantage of them.

It must point to the HC that has to go then in Trestman. His game management has been by on large woeful as has some of his play calls.

The only problem is that he has shown he can get decent offensive play out of mediocre QB like McCown and Clausen and largely when Cuttler has changed play's he has faltered not Trestman.

So the fallout is that Trestman, Emery and Kromer were all fired yesterday. We are one of five looking for a new HC with the others being the Jets, 49ers, Raiders and Falcons.

Virginia McCaskey summoned up my feelings pretty well.

"She's ****** off."

"She's been on this Earth for eight of the Bears' nine championships -- and she wants more," George said. "She feels that it's been too long since the last one, and that dissatisfaction is shared by her children, her grandchildren and her great grandchildren."

As the daughter of George Halas, Virginia hasn't watched the Bears win a title since Super Bowl XX -- almost 30 years ago. She's not alone in wondering if she'll ever see her team raise the Lombardi again.

"She's fed up with mediocrity," George said, seething. "She feels that she and Bears fans everywhere deserve better."

Think some patience could of been had with Trestman' date=' but Emery had to go![/quote']

Maybe, like I said he did seem to do ok with the offense without Cutler against the Lions. I don't think it was a remarkably better performance though, his game management was still bad and so were some of his play calls.

I think it was the right choice to get rid of both Trestman and Emery in the end.

The question is who do we replace Trestman with now, I'm not really sold on any of the names being mentioned. The two latest ones being Dan Quinn and Adam Gase.

Dan Quinn maybe ok but I think Carroll and Schneider maybe the real influence on everything in Seattle.

As for Adam Gase, I'm not sold on him at all. Peyton Manning is his own OC and I highly doubt Adam Gase is largely responsible for Peyton and the Broncos successful offense.

Playoff Predictions:

Steelers over Ravens Steelers over Broncos

Colts over Bengals Pats over Colts Pats over Steelers

Panthers over Cardinals Seahawks over Panthers Seahawks over Packers

Cowboys over Lions Packers over Cowboys

Super Bowl 49

Pats over Seahawks

My play off picks:

AFC WC: Steelers over Ravens

AFC WC: Colts over Bengals

AFC D: Patriots over Colts

AFC D: Steelers over Broncos

AFC C: Patriots over Steelers

NFC WC: Cowboys over Lions

NFC WC: Cardinals over Panthers

NFC D: Seahawks over Cardinals

NFC D: Cowboys over Packers

NFC C: Cowboys over Seahawks

SuperBowl XLIX: Patriots over Cowboys

Doug Marrone leaves the Bills' date=' you just know he is going to the Jets[/quote']

That was my first thoughts when I read he had left. Although he asked for a new contract that was rejected there is no way a coach would leave an NFL gig without having an offer of a position just as good.

I love waking up to bad results' date=' first Chelsea, now Steelers!

Tbf from what I've read Baltimore deserved it.[/quote']

Gutted for you.

I really thought you would edge them out, hoping you would as well. I didn't think Bell would be a massive loss due to Baltimore's run defense.

Think the Steelers could of had the game if they had Bell, there was no run game whatsoever. Ben had to do it all on his own and he was looking good, linking up well with Brown abused Webb.

Justin Forrsett ran the ball well in the opening drives for Baltimore which kept the Steelers D honest, James Harrison got to Flacco alot but could'nt force a sack I think, but the old man can play.

Terrell Suggs was the player of the game, the Steelers could not contain him. They had quite clearly devised a game plan to avoid him and keep him pegged back which allowed Elvis to hit Big Ben on multiple occasions. Suggs also intercepted a pass with his feet.

Few embarrassing notes from the Ravens, twice we where caught with 12 men on the field in important situations, with Harbaugh on the sideline physically counting his players :mad: If Forrsett had not been so effective running the ball early the Ravens were not going to score, he took the pressure off Joe who was widely inaccurate at the beginning.

I love waking up to bad results' date=' first Chelsea, now Steelers!

Tbf from what I've read Baltimore deserved it.[/quote']

Unlucky Ash! Nothing like expecting a loss and ending up playing another day. :D

Suggs was a beast! That catch between his legs and a TD from the resulting play was a massive game changer. I thought we lost it when Forsett fumbled it in the 4th but other than that he too was magical.

Onto New England and another upset hopefully! :P

Anyone see how bad the Cardinals were? They had 78 yards of offense last night. Somehow they also managed 16 points...

The Seahawks are definitely going through to the next round.

Yeh, although that's what you get when you field a 4th-choice QB against a very good defense. Panthers shouldn't be underrated, I could see them shutting down the Seahawks offense, there won't be many points in that game (presuming the Cowboys do beat the Lions tonight).

P.S. Blast from the past, haven't seen you post in years, not that I post all that often myself these days.

I think the Panthers could be useful against the Seahawks, like Andy said there won't be many points in it.

Just watched the Ravens-Steelers highlights - Suggs was on it today, had an 'Odell Beckham' defensive type play with the knee interception.

I think we missed Bell quite a bit, not to be I guess!

Rooting for the Cowboys now, saw them at Wembley & really hope Dez has another great game.

I think the Panthers could be useful against the Seahawks' date=' like Andy said there won't be many points in it.

Just watched the Ravens-Steelers highlights - Suggs was on it today, had an 'Odell Beckham' defensive type play with the knee interception.

I think we missed Bell quite a bit, not to be I guess!

Rooting for the Cowboys now, saw them at Wembley & really hope Dez has another great game.[/quote']

I'm rooting for the Cowboys too, couldn't stand a Seahawks repeat and anybody but the Packers. I've predicted a Cowboys / Patriots super bowl.

I'm rooting for the Cowboys too' date=' couldn't stand a Seahawks repeat and anybody but the Packers. I've predicted a Cowboys / Patriots super bowl.[/quote']

I don't mind the Packers as I've always had Rodgers in my fantasy team but Cowboys-Patriots would be a cracker.

Brady-Gronk-Blount-Edelman-Revis

Romo-Witten-Murray-Bryant-Frederick

On another note RIP Stuart Scott.

I'm rooting for the Cowboys too' date=' couldn't stand a Seahawks repeat and anybody but the Packers. I've predicted a Cowboys / Patriots super bowl.[/quote']

Same.

It would be disgusting to see the Packers as champs. With his calf still playing up I'm hopeful Rodgers won't be as effective come next weekend.

Any preference on who you'd like as our new GM and HC?

Same.

It would be disgusting to see the Packers as champs. With his calf still playing up I'm hopeful Rodgers won't be as effective come next weekend.

Any preference on who you'd like as our new GM and HC?

GM, not a clue, don't know that level of personnel well enough. HC, probably a defensive option, or an offensive option with Rex Ryan as DC (although I find it highly unlikely Rex doesn't land another HC gig). I'd be concerned if we went for Gase, think the Denver offensive success is a bit misleading with Peyton leading it. Todd Bowles could be a shout.

GM' date=' not a clue, don't know that level of personnel well enough. HC, probably a defensive option, or an offensive option with Rex Ryan as DC (although I find it highly unlikely Rex doesn't land another HC gig). I'd be concerned if we went for Gase, think the Denver offensive success is a bit misleading with Peyton leading it. Todd Bowles could be a shout.[/quote']

Pretty much my thoughts on the situation and with Gase, Peyton is his own offensive co-ordinator so I would be shocked if Gase had really had much of an impact on him.

Yeh' date=' although that's what you get when you field a 4th-choice QB against a very good defense. Panthers shouldn't be underrated, I could see them shutting down the Seahawks offense, there won't be many points in that game (presuming the Cowboys do beat the Lions tonight).

P.S. Blast from the past, haven't seen you post in years, not that I post all that often myself these days.[/quote']

Ah, I've been off the forum for years, only just got back into the swing of things in the past couple of months. But it's good to be back :D

About the Panthers, I don't see them having a chance against the Seahawks, their defense is great admittedly, but there is a reason they only went 7-8-1. I don't think they would have won if the Cardinals had Carson Palmer or Drew Stanton last night.

About the Panthers' date=' I don't see them having a chance against the Seahawks, their defense is great admittedly, but there is a reason they only went 7-8-1. [/quote']

Cam Newton had something or other wrong with him for majority of the season, he has only been at 60% fitness at best. Hes a beast of man though thats why he keeps playing. Another factor was wasting too many carries on DeAngelo Williams, J Stewart has been motoring along all season gathering momentum as the season progresses.

One thing I wish we could of seen would be how The Kraken would of affected this team, but hes a douche and is banned rightful so.