Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

The Official NFL Thread.

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

Big, important call as Dallas were lucky to not have pass interference called on them which would had given Detroit a good chance to have at least a field goal, it was called at first but the flag was picked up and it was overturned, not giving Detroit the advantage. Afterwards, punt by Detroit goes nowhere and Dallas, 3 points down have the opportunity to take the lead in a very important moment, now they are just about in the red zone after a 4th down conversion.

If Dallas wins, this will be a huge talking point

EDIT: Dallas scores a TD with 2 1/2 minutes remaining. 24-20 Cowboys, therefore Lions need a TD to win!

Cam Newton had something or other wrong with him for majority of the season' date=' he has only been at 60% fitness at best. Hes a beast of man though thats why he keeps playing. Another factor was wasting too many carries on DeAngelo Williams, J Stewart has been motoring along all season gathering momentum as the season progresses.

One thing I wish we could of seen would be how The Kraken would of affected this team, but hes a douche and is banned rightful so.[/quote']

He's a talented player, but it's the team around him which I don't have much trust in. Do you seriously believe he can throw to anyone in the Seahawks game? He doesn't have any outstanding receivers to throw to.

Lions were robbed by the official's yesterday. Several disgraceful no calls on the Dallas O Line and that pick up on the PI was comical. I fully expect the cowboys to get destroyed by the legion of doom next week though.

Yep Lions got well and truly shafted last night, picking up that flag was an absolute farce - and that's coming from a Bears fan.

However, your last statement is wrong because they're going to Lambeau! And I think they have a much better chance against the Packers, all depends on whether Romo can keep up with Rodgers on the scoresheet. Ironically, I think the Panthers are better suited to the Hawks than the Packers - if those two games were flipped, it would undoubtedly be 1st vs 2nd seed in the NFC Championship game. I still think it will be that, but I wouldn't rule out an upset in either game next week.

Gotta laugh at the Bengals bombing out 1st week AGAIN! Although, I kind of wish the Bears could at least get that far each year...

Lions were robbed by the official's yesterday. Several disgraceful no calls on the Dallas O Line and that pick up on the PI was comical. I fully expect the cowboys to get destroyed by the legion of doom next week though.

Roger Goodell Factor...

Anyway, I think New England beats Baltimore comfortably, despite recent history, and Peyton somehow someway avoids choking to make another Brady-Peyton AFCCG. No way Carolina scores more than 10 in Seattle, Dallas and Green Bay a toss up because of the narratives, but I'm still picking Green Bay at home.

Roger Goodell Factor...

Anyway' date=' I think New England beats Baltimore comfortably, despite recent history, and Peyton somehow someway avoids choking to make another Brady-Peyton AFCCG. No way Carolina scores more than 10 in Seattle, Dallas and Green Bay a toss up because of the narratives, but I'm still picking Green Bay at home.[/quote']

Picking all four favourites? How bold of you. ;)

My predictions never seem to be correct, however I'll have a go anyway. For me;

AFC D: Patriots over Baltimore (Booooooooooo!)

AFC D: Colts over Broncos

AFC C: Colts over Patriots

NFC D: Seahawks over Panthers

NFC D: Cowboys over Packers

NFC C: Cowboys over Seahawks

Superbowl: Cowboys over Colts

My predictions never seem to be correct' date=' however I'll have a go anyway. For me;

AFC D: Patriots over Baltimore (Booooooooooo!)

AFC D: Colts over Broncos

AFC C: Colts over Patriots

NFC D: Seahawks over Panthers

NFC D: Cowboys over Packers

NFC C: Cowboys over Seahawks

Superbowl: Cowboys over Colts[/quote']

You do realise that the Colts have been outscored 144-66 by the Patriots since Andrew Luck became their QB right? Including 43-22 in last year's playoffs.

You do realise that the Colts have been outscored 144-66 by the Patriots since Andrew Luck became their QB right? Including 43-22 in last year's playoffs.

I did! But as a Dolphins fan, out of principle, I had to choose the Colts!

Plus, records are there to be broken!

Packers slaughter the Cowgirls.

Seahawks narrowly defeat an aggressive Carolina.

Colts beat the Broncos.

Battle of the kickers, Tucker is a beast but Brady gives his man better field position throughout the game giving NE the W. :(

Seahawks aren't winning by 12 Saturday' date=' no chance.[/quote']

A banged up Cam Newton with a rookie receiver as his best target on the road against a defense that has given up 49 TOTAL points the last six games? I don't see them scoring more than 13, while Seattle can easily put up at least 24 at home against a .500 team.

A banged up Cam Newton with a rookie receiver as his best target on the road against a defense that has given up 49 TOTAL points the last six games? I don't see them scoring more than 13' date=' while Seattle can easily put up at least 24 at home against a .500 team.[/quote']

We'll see, Panthers have won 5 straight and have had a pretty stingy defense themselves in recent weeks, while Seattle's offense hasn't exactly been blowing teams out.

There's a video someone posted on Instagram that showed Peyton Manning struggling in a play action drill. He was clearly favoring one side of his body and it seems to be that thigh injury is still present. Will be interesting to see how him and Rodgers get along with their injuries this week.

There's a video someone posted on Instagram that showed Peyton Manning struggling in a play action drill. He was clearly favoring one side of his body and it seems to be that thigh injury is still present. Will be interesting to see how him and Rodgers get along with their injuries this week.

Peyton Manning has been dodgy the past four or so weeks, and there is no way he can outthrow Andrew Luck on Sunday. Aaron Rodgers on the other hand, I fully believe in his ability to play. His injury does not seem as serious as Manning's.

Peyton Manning has been dodgy the past four or so weeks' date=' and there is no way he can outthrow Andrew Luck on Sunday. Aaron Rodgers on the other hand, I fully believe in his ability to play. His injury does not seem as serious as Manning's.[/quote']

This is your cliche "get over the hump" game for the Colts. Dalton has blown it about 3 times, so too Rivers, and Romo. Manning is done, and Luck has the chance to send him into retirement. Both Rodgers and Manning will definitely play on Sunday, but there is a pro football doctor on Twitter(pretty sure the handle is @ProFootballDoc or something like that) that says after watching the video on Manning, he's more concerned with him than Rodgers's strained/torn calf. I firmly believe that Green Bay will win, mainly because the Dallas defense is not very good, but if Indy wins it will not be because of Luck, but because of Manning(and his all too routine chokes).

This is your cliche "get over the hump" game for the Colts. Dalton has blown it about 3 times' date=' so too Rivers, and Romo. Manning is done, and Luck has the chance to send him into retirement. Both Rodgers and Manning will definitely play on Sunday, but there is a pro football doctor on Twitter(pretty sure the handle is @ProFootballDoc or something like that) that says after watching the video on Manning, he's more concerned with him than Rodgers's strained/torn calf. I firmly believe that Green Bay will win, mainly because the Dallas defense is not very good, but if Indy wins it will not be because of Luck, but because of Manning(and his all too routine chokes).[/quote']

I completely agree - I believe Luck and the Colts can beat Manning. However, the whole team really needs to turn up, they can't slip up considering the amount of weapons the Broncos have.

Manning looks like he has one year left in the tank tops. If he wins this year I believe he'll retire, if he doesn't, I see him coming back for one last run, especially considering the team that is built around him.

I completely agree - I believe Luck and the Colts can beat Manning. However' date=' the whole team really needs to turn up, they can't slip up considering the amount of weapons the Broncos have.

Manning looks like he has one year left in the tank tops. If he wins this year I believe he'll retire, if he doesn't, I see him coming back for one last run, especially considering the team that is built around him.[/quote']

Do I think that Indy can beat Denver? Yes. Will they? Proly not. They don't have a run game, their defense is still a bit shotty, and they've blown out by good teams on the road(Dallas) and even at home(New England). That being said, this sounds like the perfect script to go into Denver and finally get to an AFCCG...

No way Denver can keep both Thomas's without letting key members of their line or their defense go. Cap numbers don't add up, but of course they could just cheat the cap again;)... One of many factors to consider regarding Manning's retirement is going to be his receivers. His best shot was last year, combined with the #1 seed and he crapped his pants. Now, he'll more than likely have to go to New England to get back while nursing his injury and having a defense that, while still good, hasn't been the dream defense everyone thought they'd be.

Broncos 27 21 Colts. Colts cover spread.