The Official NFL Thread.

andyowls

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

I dont know how to describe the Dolphins meltdown last week, still cant believe it. We need something real special against the Pats. Perhaps a good time to face them after the last couple of weeks but we aint in the same league as the Colts and Saints. Seasons over as far as i'm concerned bring on next year. :(

Andy ~

Here are my Week 13 Picks

Cowboys @ Giants - spread moved 2pts against NY on Umenyiora getting demoted to 2nd string, but I'm picking them @ Home

Broncos @ Chiefs

Raiders @ Steelers

Texans @ Jags

Titans @ Colts - Titans went from 0-6 to 5-6

Eagles @ Falcons - spread moved 2.5pts against ATL, but I'm picking them @ Home

Lions @ Bengals

Saints @ Skins

Bucs @ Panthers - I just think they are due...

Rams @ Bears

Chargers @ Browns

49ers @ Seahawks

Vikes @ Cardinals - AP was pulled over by police over for driving 109mph & Leinart might start again

Pats @ Fins - Pats haven't won an Away game (Wembley doesn't count), but I'm picking them Away

Ravens @ Packers - it's going to be freezing in GB

And my ABSOLUTE TAKE-IT-TO-THE-BANK LOCK of the WEEK

Put your money on Khan tonight vs Salita.

Salita is a neat story...Orthodox Jew, 31-0-1 record, fighting out of Brooklyn. But "a neat story" is all he is. I've been to a handful of his fights here in NYC and it is a crazy crazy scene. You think the Welsh are nuts when Calzaghe fights...They ain't got nothin' on the Hasidic Jews when Salita fights. They are IN-FRIGGIN'-SANE.

I think the guy could have been okay, but at some point his handlers decided that they were never going to put him up against anybody of ANY talent. I remember one fight I went to where the guy he was scheduled to fight had to backout 4 days before the match. So they bus some palooka up to NYC from Texas or Nebraska or somewhere like that as a replacement. That's right, I said BUS. Guy spends almost 2 days traveling on a cramped bus and then owns Salita for most of the fight before losing on points.

He's a pretty big guy with no speed and somehow zero power. Covers well enough, but can always get tagged early on. If you watch the fight tonight you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, this fight tonight will not go the distance.

EDIT:And for what it's worth I think Khan is a joke too

2nd EDIT: Khan beat Salita in 76 seconds...It says less to do with how "great" Khan is and far more to do with how pathetic Salita's handlers have been in manufacturing a 31-0-1 record with smoke and mirrors.... Anyway it was...Easy...Money....

Cheers JC

Here are my Week 13 Picks

Cowboys @ Giants - god knows; these two are pretenders, not contenders.

Broncos @ Chiefs

Raiders @ Steelers

Texans @ Jags - they've got to come good for me one week...

Titans @ Colts

Eagles @ Falcons

Lions @ Bengals

Saints @ Skins

Bucs @ Panthers

Rams @ Bears

Chargers @ Browns

49ers @ Seahawks

Vikes @ Cardinals

Pats @ Fins

Ravens @ Packers

As for Khan vs Salita, I really couldn't care less - don't like Khan. I find it a joke that we have to pay £15 to watch this on box office when the Pacquiao fight a couple of weeks ago, with a very decent undercard, was free. I know which one I'd rather watch.

WEEK 13 PICKS:

Cowboys @ Giants

**** shooter in my books.

Broncos @ Chiefs

Raiders @ Steelers

Texans @ Jags

Titans @ Colts

Eagles @ Falcons

Falcons are in quicksand.

Lions @ Bengals

I'm liking Stafford, thinking he could really develop into something, but it'll take a while, has leaps to make, as well as the Lions organization.

Saints @ Redskins

Bucs @ Panthers

Simply... I don't like Delhomme, also call it a 'gut feeling', we're taking one this week.

Rams @ Bears

Chargers @ Browns

Easy pick!

49ers @ Seahawks

Vikes @ Cardinals

Pats @ Dolphins

Adam... can't see you sitting in front of the tele in this one for the whole game. :P

Ravens @ Packers

I've got it in right-mind to pick the Ravens in this one, as even despite the Packers recent form, I'm still suspect about that OL, and who better to try your OL, than than - BLITZ ALL NIGHT LONG RAVENS! Seeing as it's at Lambeau, I'll give the Pack the benefit of the doubt, also weather pending too.

As for the boxing fight, I have no opinion on the matter, my boxing days have been done for a while, other than watching the main cards. Only time I was really into it was during Frank Bruno's days, was a big fan, ever since I've jumped onto the MMA side of things.

After being harrassed by Andy and Kylan, here are my Week 13 Picks

Cowboys @ Giants

Broncos @ Chiefs

Raiders @ Steelers

Texans @ Jags

Titans @ Colts

Eagles @ Falcons

Lions @ Bengals

Saints @ Skins

Bucs @ Panthers - i know kylan, i think i might have the same feeling as you lol

Rams @ Bears

Chargers @ Browns

49ers @ Seahawks

Vikes @ Cardinals

Pats @ Fins - No question about it, United won this weekend, chelsea lost, and Liverpool drew, its in the stars that Miami will win :D

Ravens @ Packers

Might as well post what I think is happening this week.

Cowboys @ Giants

Broncos @ Chiefs

Raiders @ Steelers

Texans @ Jags

Titans @ Colts

Eagles @ Falcons

Lions @ Bengals

Saints @ Skins

Bucs @ Panthers

Rams @ Bears

Chargers @ Browns

49ers @ Seahawks

Vikes @ Cardinals

Pats @ Fins - have to say after Monday night I'm not sure about the Pats anymore.

Ravens @ Packers

I cant actually believe it :D Sooooo didnt expect it' date=' was just sticking to my team lol[/quote']

I'm as shocked m8, congrats. ;) Henne just shred apart the Pats defence. I wouldn't say the Pats aren't a contender or are majorly on the decline as of yet, but they need to get their shiz in order, the offence can still carry wins, but as they say... 'the best offence is a good defence', can't see the Pats going far unless it improves, still in a playoff spot, but only 1-game ahead of the Jets, in a tight division.

Was surprised with the Redskins today as well, took the Sains to OT in a high-scoring affair. The Saints have probably won every way possible now so far this season, coming back in the 4th, coming back from behind in general, massive blowouts, OT win. Speaking of blowouts the Bronco's put up massive numbers!!! Oh... and surprise... surprise.. the Raiders beat the Steelers!! Take a seat JaMarcus Russel! :rolleyes: Steel town now 6-6.. time to hit the panic button.

Been watching the Giants - Cowboys, was close in the fourth, Giants running away with it now.

Predictions records:

Kylan N17:

Week 9: 9-4

Week 10: 7-8

Week 11: 10-6

Week 12: 10-6

Week 13: 11-4

andyowls:

Week 9: 8-5

Week 10: 9-6

Week 11: 10-6

Week 12: 9-7

Week 13: 11-4

AdamG:

Week 9: no score

Week 10: 9-6

Week 11: 1-0

Week 12: no score

Week 13: 10-5

Johnny C:

Week 10: no score

Week 11: no score

Week 12: 11-5

Week 13: 9-6

TKBomber7285:

Week 10: no score

Week 11: no score

Week 12: no score

Week 13: 10-5

==> Table looks as such:

1. TKBomber7285: 10-5 ==> 0.667%

2=. AdamG: 20-11 ==> 0.645%

2=. Johnny C: 20-11 ==> 0.645%

4=. andyowls: 47-28 ==> 0.627%

4=. Kylan N17: 47-28 ==> 0.627%

That's how I make the stadings to look like. If anyone has a dispute with my workings, then please point out where the discrepancy may lie and I shall look into. All-in-all, the table's looking very tight right now, with a differeing result here or there enough to reorder the whole pack.

Don't forget: Week 14 picks must be in before Thursday evening, when the Pittsburgh Steelers travel to the Cleveland Browns.

As I am ill, I am actually gonna be up to date with picks, I'm quite proud of myself really, and still in a good mood about Miami beating the Patriots :D

Steelers @ Browns - Pittsburgh will surely bounce back this week after a terrible couple of weeks

New Orleans @ Atlanta - After watching Atlanta's defence against the Eagles, no question that the Saints will win in my opinion

Detroit @ Baltimore

Green Bay @ Chicago - Im backing the Packers to get a wildcard spot, so going for a Green Bay win

Seattle @ Houston

Denver @ Indianapolis - No contest?

Miami @ Jacksonville - Henne will lead us to the Superbowl, watch this space. Ok, so maybe a tad optimistic, but I think we can do it :P

Buffalo @ Kansas City

Bengals @ Vikings

Carolina @ Patriots

Jets @ Tampa Bay

Seattle @ Titans

Redskins @ Oakland

San Diego @ Dallas

Philly @ NY Giants

Arizona @ San Francisco

As I am ill' date=' I am actually gonna be up to date with picks, I'm quite proud of myself really, and still in a good mood about Miami beating the Patriots :D[/quote']

Get better soon m8. Eh!? What's this? You..., getting your picks in FIRST! Why i never thought I'd see the day. :P

Steelers @ Browns

Agree with you Adam, while they cartainly are in the shed, the Steelers still can bounce back, they'll need a mass win-streak now though, what better way to start it than against the Browns.

New Orleans @ Atlanta

Atalanta are on the slide, no chance I'm picking them in this one.

Detroit @ Baltimore

Ravens still in a wildcard spot, plus not too sure on Stafford's arm after that knock 2 weeks ago.

Green Bay @ Chicago

The Pack are back, sure there last two I believe they've won was at Lambeau, but they've shown in cold weather they can play, plus at this moment... Cutler VS Rodgers, can't see Cutler coming close.

Seattle @ Houston

Going with the Texans. Won't be watching this one.

Denver @ Indianapolis

To be honest if this was in Colorado, I'd take Denver after last week, but as it happens.. it's not, Colts to win.

Miami @ Jacksonville

I'll go with the 'fins here after Henne's outing last week, the Jags hevant let me down yet, especially MJD, but i think if Ricky has the running game on, Henne does his thing, they could win.

Buffalo @ Kansas City

Going with KC, just can't see the Bills saving or improving on their season.

Bengals @ Vikings

Viking will rebound after that shambles last week.

Carolina @ Patriots

Pats always comeback, now more than ever they can't afford to let-up being in a tight div.

Jets @ Tampa Bay

Jets to win as they'll look to stay alive in the wildcard race.

Seattle @ Titans

On previous occasions I've said I still see AP being the best RB, my opinion has now changed to Chris Johnson.. what a BEAST! Also Vince Young is keeping a steady line of consistency in managing the ball, they should win.

Redskins @ Oakland

**** shooter here, anyone could win, i'll go with the 'Skins.

San Diego @ Dallas

This should be an interesting match, but I expect both ground and passing from the Chargers to be superior, not to mention a sturdy defence.

Philly @ NY Giants

Going with the Eagles, good defence, superman McNabb, plus I gave up on Eli half-way through the season.

MNF: Arizona @ San Francisco

Cards are looking mint! I expect them to come away with a win.

Cool' date=' an NFL thread. :) It's been a horrible season for me, as i support the Bears. Hopefully a lot of changes get made in the off-season. :)[/quote']

Awooo, a fellow Bear! I share your displeasure my friend. I'm already ruing the fact that we've traded away our 1st round draft pick for next year as part of the Cutler deal - we could do with a top pick to shore up the offensive line. Then again, I'm kind of ruing the whole Cutler deal right now but I'm confident he can turn it around, starting this sunday against them darn Packers! :D

Here we go.... Mostly Home teams.

Steelers @ Browns

Saints @ Falcons

Lions @ Ravens

Pack @ Bears

'Hawks @ Texans

Broncos @ Colts

Fins @ Jags

Bills @ Chiefs

Bengals @ Vikes

Panthers @ Pats

Jets @ Bucs

Rams @ Titans

'Skins @ Raiders

Chargers @ 'Boys

Eagles @ Giants

Cards @ Niners

The Chiefs, the Raiders and now the Browns; man, what is up with the Steelers? Is this really the same side that won the Super Bowl in February? Props to Cleveland though, their D dominated Roethlisberger all night long. Big Ben's gonna be a bit bruised tonight - he hit the turf as many times as he completed a pass!

CHAD HENNE is the man, 21completed out of 29 for a total of 220yards, the man is getting better and better. Narrow win but still enough to keep us in with a chance, just need the pats to slip up. Am i right in thinking if it goes to a three-way tie for the division, then it goes to form against each other, if so Miami will win, as we have a 3-1 record against the patriots and jets :D

Quite happy with my picks thus far this week, think I've only got 2/3 wrong... not bad at all. Just watched the 1st quarter of the 'Monday Night'r', Eagles are shredding the Giants as expected imo. NY where in the red zone when I came upstairs, knowing them I'll expect a field-goal at most. Stellar performanes by the Vikes, Titans and the Ravens offensively putting up some surprisingly strong numbers. Bucs got thrashed again this week, Freeman picked 3 times.... bring on Tim Tebow! >_<

Quite happy with my picks thus far this week' date=' think I've only got 2/3 wrong... not bad at all. Just watched the 1st quarter of the [b']'Monday Night'r'[/b], Eagles are shredding the Giants as expected imo. NY where in the red zone when I came upstairs, knowing them I'll expect a field-goal at most. Stellar performanes by the Vikes, Titans and the Ravens offensively putting up some surprisingly strong numbers. Bucs got thrashed again this week, Freeman picked 3 times.... bring on Tim Tebow! >_<

You're already watching MNF?! Why did I pick the Bears.... :(

You're already watching MNF?! Why did I pick the Bears.... :(

My god... aint even had a pint yet. :P I make some of the stupidest.. daftest... well y'know... mistakes. :o Eagles up 14-3' date=' Vick's got in on abit of the action. NYG can kiss their sorry jacksies goodbye if they don't get her done here.

As for your ... "why did I pick the Bears?", make I take a gander as maybe saying "hope", saying that though, not even 'hope' can get me to pick the Bucs, or thinking they're due one finally, yet still turn up in shambles.

EDIT: TD EAGLES! 24-10[/font']

CARDS SMOKED BY 49ers! Arizona looked like they where on their back for the entire game, Gore was RAW with his routes. Didn't see the entire game, so don't have too much to comment about, plus I kept on switching the channel back n forth between watching MNF, The Office, yet it seemed to me everytime i saw the Cards O on the field, they just seemed warped out, out of sync, perhaps even a laziness similar to that of the Panthers calling Moss out on it. :rolleyes: It's crunch time! These final few-coming weeks should be err... interesting, the AFC probably to most out of the two divisions as the 'wildcard' spot is open between about 6 teams.

That was a weird game for the Cards. For some reason the 9ers just seem to match-up well with them with the strong LBs. You are right though, every 2nd half possession the Cards seemed on the verge of busting it open, but just somehow fizzled out.

Can someone tell me the downside of being Matt Leinart ? I thought about it all game...and I couldn't come up with anything anymore.