Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

The Official NFL Thread.

Re: The NEW Official NFL Thread.

Ryan Pace and John Fox as the new GM - HC combo. Have little idea about Pace but all reports about him seem to be good. Pretty pleased with Fox as HC, out off all the names linked and interviewed I think Fox was the best choice.

I get some of the hate towards us hiring Fox, an excellent team at Denver with Manning at QB but he has failed to win a Super Bowl. He did ok with the Panthers and helped to get Denver going again plus he has a wealth of experience at this level.

I also think his conservative approach, which many have pinned as a negative, will be key to rebuilding us and getting us to perform better.

If he gets us into or even close to the Play-Offs I'll be more than happy right now.

Re: The Official NFL Thread.

Pats 31 28 Colts. Vinatieri misses a game tying field goal.

Seahawks 27 21 Packers.

Pats V Seahawks in the Super Bowl.

That would be too ironic. Adam Vinatieri missing a field goal as time runs out? Straight out of a movie that one.

It's written in the stars. Simmons wrote that he hopes Vinatieri shanks a 25 yard field goal that would have sent the game to OT, rips off his Colts jersey to reveal a Pats jersey and then kneel in front of a cackling Belichick.

Colts (+7) and Packers (+7.5) the bets tomorrow. I, for one, think the Green Bay line is Vegas basically writing them off. Think Seattle wins, but not comfortably.

It's written in the stars. Simmons wrote that he hopes Vinatieri shanks a 25 yard field goal to send the game to OT' date=' rips off his Colts jersey to reveal a Pats jersey and then kneel in front of a cackling Belichick.

Colts (+7) and Packers (+7.5) the bets tomorrow. I, for one, think the Green Bay line is Vegas basically writing them off. Think Seattle wins, but not comfortably.[/quote']

I'd take the Patriots and the Packers. Giving Seattle a touchdown advantage is huge. I think it has to be much closer than that.

I get the feeling all these field goals are going to come back to haunt Green Bay. They really should have had at least three touchdowns by now with the great starting positions they've had.

Some awful play so far by the Seattle offense though. Russell Wilson has 0 completions so far. It's not looking great for them.

Some outstanding Seattle stats. 11 yards. Time of possession only a bit more than 4 minutes.

Also Russell Wilson with a Sanchez-esque game: 0/5 and 2 INTs.

And Byron Maxwell with the pick. This game is outrageous.

Some outstanding Seattle stats. 11 yards. Time of possession only a bit more than 4 minutes.

Also Russell Wilson with a Sanchez-esque game: 0/5 and 2 INTs.

And Byron Maxwell with the pick. This game is outrageous.

And as Seattle picks up momentum, Green Bay gets another interception :eek:

Packers outplayed the Seahawks but deserved to lose, such a cowardly performance from McCarthy and some of the players like Burnett sliding with 20 yards of open field. Crazy stuff, somehow they just found a way to lose.

Amazing end to the game. Kudos to Seattle for coming back from 19-7 down with something like 4 minutes left on the clock. But my god Green Bay threw that away big time. The incredibly stupid onside kick return, the sliding on interceptions, dodgy coverage towards the end. As the Sky team keep saying they played not to lose, and in any sport that usually doesn't work.

Can't believe they've lost that game. If I were a Packer fan I'd be fuming. Just so unbelievably naive.

I get the feeling all these field goals are going to come back to haunt Green Bay. They really should have had at least three touchdowns by now with the great starting positions they've had.

Called it.

Packers outplayed the Seahawks but deserved to lose' date=' such a cowardly performance from McCarthy and some of the players like Bennett sliding with 20 yards of open field. Crazy stuff, somehow they just found a way to lose.[/quote']

Should have been at least three touchdowns ahead after the first quarter. Settling for 3 points on the one yard line twice is a losing mentality. Shouldn't have rushed three on the 3rd and 19. Shouldn't have went down after the interception. Should have recovered the onside kick. Shouldn't have allowed the two point conversion. What was Clinton-Dix doing?

A collection of calamitous mistakes and they've thrown away a 16 point lead. All because they played not to lose. Honestly, neither team really played well enough to deserve a Superbowl appearance. There were a lot of silly mistakes from both teams.