Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

The Official NFL Thread.

Re: The Official NFL Thread.

Other news' date=' Aaron Hernandez found guilty of first degree murder. Not a huge surprise but what a waste of a talent. Flushed a great life down the toilet for what?![/quote']

He will be imprisoned just two miles from Gillette Stadium

Waiting for Chip to unveil his five-headed monster... Bradford under centre, Tebow at full back, Murray as the tail back, Sproles and Mathews flanking either side. The world is not ready.

Please don't actually do this Chip

Waiting for Chip to unveil his five-headed monster... Bradford under centre' date=' Tebow at full back, Murray as the tail back, Sproles and Mathews flanking either side. The world is not ready.

Please don't actually do this Chip

Haha that'd be amazing.

Fancy the Eagles to do well this coming season

So Winston Buccs 1st, Mariota Titans 2nd.

Glad the Raiders went with Cooper.

I thought we'd go CB, but with Kevin Johnson going to the Texans I'm very happy we got DE Bud Dupree.

Got to say Alex I'm not overly impressed with the Saints picks, they don't really blow you away, in fact it looks like 2 first round picks utterly wasted.

Still, could be worse, could be a Rams fan lolz.

Peat is underwhelming but all offensive line picks are really. I can see the benefits to it but I feel like you should get a proper difference maker at that position. It appears from the press conference that we wanted Shelton and were pretty disappointed that he went to Cleveland just before we picked. Peat however is extremely good and isn't 22 until November. Lots of years in there. You've also got to protect your 100m dollar investment. Sacked 60 odd times in the last 2 years I believe.

Anthony I am very happy with. Our ILB corpse was horrific. Anthony was the top ILB to us and a few experts that I respect. He's got the athletic ability, he's a leader and a great football IQ.

One thing I took from both picks, they're both "great" guys. I think we're trying to get that locker room mentality back.

Delighted Dolphins signed DeVante Parker' date=' that's four decent WR next season for Tannehill to find.[/quote']

I'm as pleased as you are!

We addressed our major positions of need in Free Agency which opened up the possibilities in this draft.

From reading the quotes from the Dolphins camp, it appears we were after either Todd Gurley or DeVante Parker.

“Who wouldn’t want Todd Gurley? Of course, I wanted Todd Gurley. But I also wanted DeVante Parker. If both Gurley and Parker had been there that would have been an interesting conversation.''

We now have Landry, Stills, Parker and Jennings, not to mention Cameron at TE.

There's three positions I'd like to see addressed in the next few rounds of the draft. Those being OG, LB and CB.

Got to say Alex I'm not overly impressed with the Saints picks' date=' they don't really blow you away, in fact it looks like 2 first round picks utterly wasted.

[/quote']

I would say that the term 'wasted' is a bit of an over exaggeration Ash!

They've picked up two solid picks, both of whom you'd expect to be able to come in and do a job straightaway. I'm expecting the Saints to target a QB in the second round.

I would say that the term 'wasted' is a bit of an over exaggeration Ash!

They've picked up two solid picks' date=' both of whom you'd expect to be able to come in and do a job straightaway. I'm expecting the Saints to target a QB in the second round.[/quote']

Fair point, maybe replace wasted with underwhelming. They have their QB though!

Happy with the Steelers picks so far.

Now that the dust has settled and UDFA's have signed, I would rate our draft A-.

Defensively I am pretty thrilled with what we have done. PJ Williams in the 3rd is superb value. Kikaha and Tull are exciting situation pass rushers. Kikaha in particular could be very exciting across from Galette. I said above about Anthony that I am very happy with him. Davison and Swann look pretty good prospects too.

Grayson is interesting as Payton said he was the only QB we were interested in and if he didn't drop to us, we wouldn't of taken one. From bits I have read about him, sounds like he's very much in the Brees mold of being a pocket passer with great accuracy. Sounds like a pretty exciting prospect/project. Looking forward to seeing him in pre-season.

Looks like we've picked up some pretty good UDFA's too. Bobby Richardson was predicted to be taken in rounds 3-5 and Sean Hickey took over from Justin Pugh at Syracuse (1st round to Giants in 2013) and impressed just as much. Sounds like they expect to move him inside to guard though.

My only worry is the receiving corps. I really wanted Sammie Coates but looking at it, he went reasonably late in Round 3 and I understand all our picks prior to that. I guess they're pretty high on Seantavius Jones and Brandon Coleman who were UDFA last year. Will be interesting to see what happens in training camp.

The La'el Collins situation continues to intrigue me. I would love to see him in the Black & Gold.

Signed by the Cowboys.

If him and Gregory turn out to be as good as they potentially could be then the Cowboys have done pretty well in the draft!

Tom Brady suspened for 4 games for his part in the deflation of game balls.

His first game will be when the pats line up against the colts' date=' no coincidence obviously :rolleyes:[/quote']

The NFL is awful. Goodell should be fired. The Wells Report was a load of Gaaaaaarbage (as Bostonians say it) and the Pats rebuttal was very well written and blew holes in the circumstantial evidence it provided. As I'm writing this, the NFL and Pats are working "back-door" to try and negotiate a lesser punishment. A negotiation would make Goodell look weak and essentially prove that the millions he will end up paying Wells for the report were for nothing. Lots of uncertainty surrounds the NFL's pre game process , and not the actual handling of the balls by the two attendants or by Brady himself. It's more probable than not that Brady will be at least suspended for no more than 2 games, the fine reduced or taken away fully, and the picks the NFL took away to be restored. As a Pats fan, I am much more concerned with losing the 1st round pick than Brady's suspension. Garoppolo, the backup, played well last year and our schedule is favorable for a 2-2 or even 3-1 record before Brady is slated to come back against Indy. And let me tell you, if Brady's suspension is upheld, you better believe he will not only eviscerate the Colts that Sunday night, but the rest of the league again. I'm definitely taking the over in Brady's first game back, whether that's Week 1,2,3... etc... The NFL has fobbed off Brady and the owner Kraft (Kraft originally said he would accept the punishment, then this happened) to a point where the rest of the league will be scared to walk in, let alone play in Foxboro. And we all know what kind of football Tom Brady plays when he's fobbed off...

Just stumbled across this thread and immediately subscribed. Huge NFL and Steeler Nation fan so very much look forward to discussing such with you all. Has anyone been keeping up to date with the 'NFL Top 100 Players of 2015'? I'm anything but impartial but they, year upon year, undervalue Big Ben. Although, I'm very happy to see Antonio Brown get the recognition he deserves. #84, in my eyes, is the best wide - receiver not named Calvin.

Also, anyone want to put forward any predictions for Defensive Rookie of the Year (DROY) or Offensive Rookie of the Year (OROY)? Predicted dark horse to make the Super Bowl?

The Saints and Vikings from the NFC' date=' Bills from the AFC.[/quote']

I think I am with you with the Vikings from the NFC, of all the teams I would like them to upset Green Bay, although I think the Packers will prevail. Us or Ravens to meet them at SB50 ;).