Sign in to follow this  
Nathan Kirby

Mcgregor and fergison at it again.

Re: Mcgregor and fergison at it again.

professional footballers shouldnt be drinking a few days before a game, especially not doing all day sessions and they definitely should not need the manager to tell them not to do so

do you think if rooney and gerrard did the same would they be banned from international football would they fork

first of all i think the SFA went overboard with the punishment, and secondly i doubt gerrard is as stupid as those two (although the same cant be said of rooney :D)

the other two werent doing it all day - that is the big difference!!!! and its an ncredibly childish thing for a 31yr old and a 27yr old to do giving the v's to the camera like that anyway

the other 5 you mean and no they werent doing it all day but they were doing it all night along with mcgregor and ferguson scott brown left 20mins before fergie and also shaved mcgregors head. the pictures in the papers were also photoshopped to make it look like they were sitting together when berra was actually in between them. the media are making a big fuss of it and it has been blown way out of proportion.

Both have no more international football EVER and both are unlikly to kick a ball again this season in the SPL i know SM have done the Scotland ratings but they are still doing the British section so should SM have a think about their ratings?????

Ferguson 90 down to 89/88

McGreogor 89 down to 88

And i know he is old but Davie Weir rated 88 is still pretty solid and is now the captin and plays every game when fit should he maybe get his 89 back??

Burley didnt tell them to get drunk' date=' he left them to prepare for the matches on their own accord. They are adults, so they should know how to prepare for a match on their own. They shouldnt need the manager to accompany them everywhere. Capello can trust his players to focus on the job at hand, as the players know that if they disobey him, they'll be dropped. He has the Fear Factor. He told them that the WAG's should stay away and they have obeyed him, whereas Artur Boruc smuggled his girlfriend into the team hotel.[/quote']

whats borat got 2 do with it?

professional footballers shouldnt be drinking a few days before a game' date=' especially not doing all day sessions and they definitely should not need the manager to tell them not to do so

first of all i think the SFA went overboard with the punishment, and secondly i doubt gerrard is as stupid as those two (although the same cant be said of rooney :D)[/quote']

i know gerrard isnt that stupid but just making a point burley told the players to go for a drink for a team bonding session.

Both have no more international football EVER and both are unlikly to kick a ball again this season in the SPL i know SM have done the Scotland ratings but they are still doing the British section so should SM have a think about their ratings?????

Ferguson 90 down to 89/88

McGreogor 89 down to 88

And i know he is old but Davie Weir rated 88 is still pretty solid and is now the captin and plays every game when fit should he maybe get his 89 back??

ok its ott to ban them from international football now your suggesting sm drop them ratings has the world gone completely mad

SM ratings are based on players playing club football, international and European football now these 2 will never play international football again and like i said are likly not to kick a ball again this season in the SPL.

So yes SM should consider dropping their ratings.

I know it sounds harsh but this is the rules set out by SM on how players are rated.

SM ratings are based on players playing club football' date=' international and European football now these 2 will never play international football again and like i said are likly not to kick a ball again this season in the SPL.

So yes SM should consider dropping their ratings.

I know it sounds harsh but this is the rules set out by SM on how players are rated.[/quote']

maybe next time but they wont drop them now they have only just been done and they will probably have some part to play in the run in cant see them keeping fergie out the team since walter doesnt seem to like playing edu and not much more options especially with thomo injured maybe move davis into the middle since that is his preffered postion but since they are limited on rightsided wide players cant see it happening

I know they have done scottish ratings but they are still doing section 6 that scotland is in.

plus sm state that rating can go up or down anytime.

ok so you suggest that they should be dropped ratings just because they will never play for scotland again that is rediculous should carragher be dropped from 94 since he retired from international football? what about ledley king hes just recently retired aswell. its not as though they did anything wrong on the pitch maybe if sm took into consideration off field antics they would drop them but since they dont it is totally absurd to even suggest it.

Did you not read it cos i said they will never play international again

But i also said that they WILL NOT KICK A BALL AGAIN THIS SEASON IN THE SPL.

If they are playing no football at all for the rest of the season how can hey hold their current ratings

if that is the case then then they will be changed when the next ratings come around but when did walter smith say they wont play for rangers again this season? they have only been dropped for 2morros game against the bairns.

pardon my ignorance' date='but what does the "V" sign stand for?[/quote']

The V sign is a hand gesture in which the first and second fingers are raised and parted, whilst the remaining fingers are clenched. With palm inwards, in the United Kingdom and some other English speaking countries, it is an obscene insulting gesture of defiance.

think it was the english that started it when back when they used longbows and when the french got hold of them they cut off there fingers so the english used to stick up their fingers to show they still had fingers or something along they lines. :P

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2499667.0.barry_ferguson_and_allan_mcgregor_finished_at_rangers_and_scotland.php

Both have been suspended for 2 weeks and it is said that they will never play for rangers again.

Ferguson will defo never play for them again.

McGregor might play again but i doubt it.

Remember Ferguson was one of the main reasons that rangers got rid of PLG as David Murray stuck up for his captin but it now looks like PLG was right and that Ferguson is nothing but a big baby. he cost rangers a top manager in PLG and there is now way Murray will stick up for him this time and is left with no option but to bin him and hope that someone buys him when the window reopens.

My money is on Ferguson going to Cardiff if they get promoted to the PL cos no other team in the PL would touch him.

And for McGregor he will prob end up at that MASSIVE club called Newcastle for arround £4million. Lol

So you do stupid things sometimes when drunk' date=' maybe they didnt intend to go out for that long, did you ever think about that? Either way its all getting taken way out of hand.[/quote']

they are on international duty for god sake not out with their mates r u mental?:confused:

they are on international duty for god sake not out with their mates r u mental?:confused:

Nice to see the thread getting some debate.

I think there both clowns and both deserve what they get they both also agree with me so u bias lot who think other wise the people you are defending agree with the punishment. Neather will play for gers again and both will move to england mcgregor some one like stoke fergison some one like bolton or newcaslte. Not big miss to scotland gordan better keeper and luckley midfield is our strong point :)

The V sign is a hand gesture in which the first and second fingers are raised and parted' date=' whilst the remaining fingers are clenched. With palm inwards, in the United Kingdom and some other English speaking countries, it is an obscene insulting gesture of defiance.[/quote']

In other words, giving someone the two fingers! :o

They will play for Rangers again, its only a two week suspension and if you go onto rangers.co.uk then you get the video of their apology and it does state that they are important players but the club must take action to set their high standards. After the two week period I guarantee that mcGregor and Fergie both play for Rangers again, they have been there for years and one stupid stunt will not get them thrown out the team.

They wont play for rangers again the only reason they go a 2 week suspension is because that is the MOST any club can give due to contracts.

so the next step when they return is training with the reserves abd then they will be sold in the summer

FACT

Re: Mcgregor and ferguson at it again.

whats borat got 2 do with it?

The first thing which Capello told his players when he took over was that the WAG's were to stay away from the England camp, he even confiscated mobile phones so they couldnt get in touch and distract them from footballing matters. Whereas in the Polish camp, Boruc was sent home and has lost his place to Kuszczak and Fabianski after he was caught 'smuggling' his girlfriend into a 'players-only' tea hotel. If Burley and the SFA hadnt taken action, there would have been people saying they should have been more severe in their punishments. Another example of this is Ashley Cole and Michael Mancienne. After their late night drinking binge and police incident, Guus Hiddink separated them from the rest of the team in training. I think Burley was right to do what he's done, and besides, Craig Gordon will get back into the side when he leaves Sunderland, and Darren Fletcher and Scott Brown are worthy replacements for Ferguson (I know Brown was out with them, but the odd drink is fine, but not a binge.)

The first thing which Capello told his players when he took over was that the WAG's were to stay away from the England camp' date=' he even confiscated mobile phones so they couldnt get in touch and distract them from footballing matters. Whereas in the Polish camp, Boruc was sent home and has lost his place to Kuszczak and Fabianski after he was caught 'smuggling' his girlfriend into a 'players-only' tea hotel. If Burley and the SFA hadnt taken action, there would have been people saying they should have been more severe in their punishments. Another example of this is Ashley Cole and Michael Mancienne. After their late night drinking binge and police incident, Guus Hiddink separated them from the rest of the team in training. I think Burley was right to do what he's done, and besides, Craig Gordon will get back into the side when he leaves Sunderland, and Darren Fletcher and Scott Brown are worthy replacements for Ferguson (I know Brown was out with them, but the odd drink is fine, but not a binge.)[/quote']

brown left 20mins before mcgregor and ferguson and must of been pretty steamin decided 2 shave mcgregors head but still cant see how ur bringin borat into this he has nothing to do with scotland except unfortanatly he lives here imagine no been trusted to play against san marino haha the worst team in europe and your dropped wot a dufus :D

brown left 20mins before mcgregor and ferguson and must of been pretty steamin decided 2 shave mcgregors head but still cant see how ur bringin borat into this he has nothing to do with scotland except unfortanatly he lives here imagine no been trusted to play against san marino haha the worst team in europe and your dropped wot a dufus :D

His names Boruc, just because he plays for the other team doesnt mean he's irrelevant. It took me 10 minutes to realise who you were on about.

The reason why I mentioned Boruc was that the Poland coach wasnt standing for any ill-discipliner, so when Boruc smuggled his girlfriend into the hotel, he dropped him for the N Ireland game. He only played because Fabianski fell ill. Then he was sent home because of his bad behaviour. Burley would have sent Ferguson and McGregor home, but the squad is thread-bare atm, so decided to put them on the bench as he thought they were responsible people who were sorry for their late night binge. Then they subliminally stuck up the "V's" (quite badly tbh, you could tell that McGregor was doing it on purpose) which tipped Burley over the edge. What they did was childish and not what you would expect a 31 y/o, 45 times capped for Scotland player to be doing. Ferguson will be going to Zenit in the summer anyway, so he wont be Rangers problem.

Also, if this wasnt enough, Ive heard he may have his MBE stripped from him as well.