Current strongest international teams

Re: Current strongest international teams

Which are the most in-form' date=' stable, strongest, well-balanced, etc. international teams right now and have the best chances to win the World Cup?

Top 5 (in my oppinion)

1. Spain

2. Argentina

3. Germany

4. Netherlands

5. Italy

Discuss?[/quote']

I'd agree with that list, can't really fault it. England are pretty stable but we sometimes lack a clinical striker if Rooney or Crouch etc, aren't peforming. Brazil could be added to that list, maybe instead of Italy?

I always have my doubts about the Dutch defence, but it looks like van Marwijk has stabilised that, kinda. Immense attacking flair we have though; van Persie, Robben, van der Vaart, Sneijder, van Nistelrooy, Afellay, Babel, Huntelaar, van Bommel, de Jong etc.

Which are the most in-form' date=' stable, strongest, well-balanced, etc. international teams right now and have the best chances to win the World Cup?

Top 5 (in my oppinion)

1. Spain

2. Argentina

[b']3. Germany [/b]

4. Netherlands

5. Italy

Discuss?

the order of the list is debatable, but the dutch and the germans would not get into top 5 on "strongest" and "well-balanced"

1)spain

2)argentina

3)brazil

4)italy

5)england(give yourself some credit for god sake lol)

the order of the list is debatable' date=' but the dutch and the germans would not get into top 5 on "strongest" and "well-balanced"

1)spain

2)argentina

3)brazil

4)italy

5)england(give yourself some credit for god sake lol)[/quote']

1.Serbia

2.Serbia

3.Serbia

4.Serbia

5.Serbia

Nothing wrong there, Were just too good.

in my opinion its

1) spain

2)argintina

3)netherlands

4)england

5)brazil

6)germany

7)france

8)turkey

9)italy

10)russia

i dont fink that brazil are what they used to be they dont have the flair and argintina's defence needs to be fixed up after the 6-1 thrashing.engalnd could win the world cup if there star players hit top form like ROONY-MAIN MAN and gerrard also france hav devolping young attacking forces but need a better defence.

England Could Be Number One Team .. In The Prem We Play So Fast All English Teams Robinho Wants To Move As He Doesnt Like The Fast Play In The EPL I England Played Fast Maybe If Capello Played Rooney And Owen We Might Get Somewhere Im Sure Hes Picked It Up That English Teams Play Fast ?

England For The World Cup

! :rolleyes:

in my opinion its

1) spain

2)argintina

3)netherlands

4)england

5)brazil

6)germany

7)france

8)turkey

9)italy

10)russia

i dont fink that brazil are what they used to be they dont have the flair and argintina's defence needs to be fixed up after the 6-1 thrashing.engalnd could win the world cup if there star players hit top form like ROONY-MAIN MAN and gerrard also france hav devolping young attacking forces but need a better defence.

brazil may not be what they used to be, but they are still the team with the most flair, by a country mile lol

and putting italy in 9th behind the dutch, the germans, the french and the turks, this has to be some kind of a joke, albeit not a very funny one

Why do people seem to rate Netherlands so highly? :confused:

They might be doing well in WC qualifying, but they hardly have a competitive group. Although they have one or two quality attacking players, the current Dutch squad is easily their worst in my lifetime.

1. Spain (obviously)

2. Argentina (1 bad game doesn't make them a bad team)

3. Germany (now much stronger defensively than we saw in the Euros)

4. Brazil (lack balance in midfield)

5. England (based more on results than the quality of the squad)

I am glad this sparked some discussion ;)

I'd agree with that list' date=' can't really fault it. England are pretty stable but we sometimes lack a clinical striker if Rooney or Crouch etc, aren't peforming. Brazil could be added to that list, maybe instead of Italy?[/quote']

Actually, it was a hard choice between Italy, Brazil and England, but Italy has a better coach then Brazil (Lippi > Dunga (even Lippi made some bad choices last game)) and Capello has done wonders for England, but they're not ready. But they might be ready for WC. We'll see)

the order of the list is debatable' date=' but the dutch and the germans would not get into top 5 on "strongest" and "well-balanced"

1)spain

2)argentina

3)brazil

4)italy

5)england(give yourself some credit for god sake lol)[/quote']

I don't have to give credit (and be biased), because im not english ;) or from any big country. And Germans are definatelly well-balanced and strong. 1 of most stable teams actually. Their results speak for themselves. We might not like their way of play (at least I know I don't) but they have a very good NT.

1.Serbia

2.Serbia

3.Serbia

4.Serbia

5.Serbia

Nothing wrong there' date=' Were just too good.[/quote']

If you would have meant the youth level, I'd have to agree (not fully). Serbia have some amazing youth products, but right now I don't think that their NT is in the Top 5 (it has the potential for the WC though)

Top 5 (in my oppinion)

1. Spain

2. Argentina

3. Germany

4. Netherlands

5. Italy

Discuss?[/quote']

1.Spain

2.Argentina

3.Brazil

4.Germany

5.Portugal

And England just hidden in 6th.

Spain: World class players, not just a great tea but an amazing bench to pick from too. They work well together and not only that I've seen them actually enjoying the game, sometimes laughing if they miss a sitter etc. And of course, European Champions.

Argentina: Possibly having the world's best player and a young, well talented forward. Again, they work well together with each other, maybe they need a better defence after the 6-1 defeat :P

Brazil: I admire this country, just because of their skills. They have promising youth, and they have experienced players, who have been playing with each other for years. Maybe they've lost their touch a bit, but still the most skilled team in the world.

Germany: Imo, 4th best team in the world. They work well together but I feel they need a bit more spark, but they do what's important, and that's winning games.

Portugal: I think I'm the first person to say this, but I've seen this team play, and they are actually promising. Having Ronaldo on that pitch gives them a huge boost, and even without him, they still work amazingly well together.

England: Not in my top 5, but they still are a good team. They have amazing players, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney but I don't feel like they work well together.

Ireland: Well, my home country maybe there not in the top 10 in the world but, still decent. We drew with Italy on Wednesday, and I feel we should of beat them 2-1, if not 3-1. Giovanni Trapitoni has done what I feel wonders for us, and hopefully he can bring us to World Cup Glory :)

here is mine

1) Spain

2) Argentina

3) Germany

4) Brazil

5) Netherlands

In the international arena, it is more of team cohesiveness and efficiency imo, rather than comparing them player for player.

Take Germany for example, player for player, they are probably not a match for some other countries. But they play extremely well together imo, how podolski shines on the international stage is just an example.

Italy would be hidden in 6th. Never rated england tbh, they would probably be down nat 7th.

cheers

here is mine

1) Spain

2) Argentina

3) Germany

4) Brazil

5) Netherlands

In the international arena' date=' it is more of [b']team cohesiveness and efficiency imo, rather than comparing them player for player[/b].

Take Germany for example, player for player, they are probably not a match for some other countries. But they play extremely well together imo, how podolski shines on the international stage is just an example.

Italy would be hidden in 6th. Never rated england tbh, they would probably be down nat 7th.

cheers

i agree with the highlighted bit, but then you put in holland at 5th which contradicts things a little, since the dutch have one of the worst big nation tournament records around

as for this germany "efficiency". i think it s more about confidence than anything else. the german footballing public are far more mild than the english, they do not create unnecessary tension and pressure for the team. the german players have complete confidence in what they do, and this is epitomised in their penalty shootout record.

also the fact no one disputed spain as number 1 is a little disconcerting. i would like to see them take on argentina in buenos aires. then we may see things a little more clearly.

I think I'll do an explanation about all the teams (from my view) :

Spain - they have very good atmosphere, good depth, creative playmakers , technical forwards, best keeper , quite good def and a lot of young, classy talents. I think they're balanced well enough to achieve great things and to have a Golden Era for Spanish football.

Argentina - the most skilled team in terms of technique and personal skills (only Brazil has that many good individuals). They have probably best attack in the world at the moment and have all positions pretty much covered. Only them and Brazil can prolly make 3 national teams and still don't lose almost any quality. Their weak part is defence and perhaps manager (can't be sure, just yet). Their def is shaky sometimes, but in my opinion, they are a tough opponent to anyone and have very good chances to win world cup.

Brazil - their only problem is their manager, Dunga (at least in my opinion). No doubt, superb players individually and could fit into a team (proved by previous Brazil success internationally), but Dunga just isn't the man. Brazil have the quality, but as stated previously, Dunga will destroy their chances for WC and that's why they are not in the Top 5.

Germany - they might not have the best players individually, but they're a superb team, that has very good discipline, tactics , etc. Players Like Lahm, Ballack can also be decisive players and decide the game individually. Germany, in my opinion, is the best balanced team atm and by far. What they lack in skill, they make up in tactics and discipline, this is why they're always contenders for international glory and Top 5 atm.

France - same as Brazil (only a lot less quality and depth). Domenech is their problem. If they will manage to get a decent tactician that can control they're stars, they're serrious contenders. If not, they will again look terrible (as they don't look terrible enough at the moment).

Italy - They also don't have that many quality players (with few exceptions) and they also are more tactical/discipline team then quality/skill. They also have a superb stopper and still good have good def, but there are few problems. Most of their star players aren't quite very young. However, they have Lippi as their manager and a lot of potential young players to get a quality team, that he can contend for trophies. I've only put them in Top 5, because they have something like a winning mentality and with Lippi in charge, they can defend against almost any opposition and then score to win the game.

Netherlands - I am pretty sure that most of you will disagree with this choice, but let me explain. They definately have the quality of players and other things, that are needed to win an international trophy. Holland was always "score 1 more then your opponents" type, but their defence finally looks A LOT better for an extended period (from Euro quals till now) and they still have a lot of other strong individuals , who fit well into the team. Also, their chemistry looks quite good and I think they have a good chance to finally do well in a WC. I know that most will disagree, but let's wait and see.

England - they always had good clubs, but their NT always failed under pressure for winning trophies. Finally, they have a very good manage (Capello) who managed to fit individuals and make a team from them. He has still a long way to go, but you can see some promise. They aren't in the strongest qualification group, so that's why they're doing so good till now, but I really think, that Capello can mend a winning team to do some damage in WC (Although England need world class forwards, which just won't do now. A good goalie wouldn't hurt as well)

Serbia - possibly have the best youth team (Along with argentines, spaniards,...). If their talents will actually realise their potential, I am pretty sure we might see 1 of the black horses of WC.

Honourable mentions : Russia, Turkey, Uruguay , Mexico, Denmark, Czech Republic.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do people seem to rate Netherlands so highly? :confused:

They might be doing well in WC qualifying' date=' but they hardly have a competitive group. Although they have one or two quality attacking players, the current Dutch squad is easily their worst in my lifetime.

[/quote']

this is the same as england...they always get easy qualifying groups!!!:mad::mad:

portugal?

the way it's going they are not gonna qualify for the world cup

it's true.. but if the football had only 10 players we would be the betters.. >.<

we have no striker.. in last games our striker was Ronaldo or was.. Danny.. :S neither Hugo Almeida, Nuno Gomes or Postiga are finding the way to do goals.. =/ probably not in next game but in the game after, Liedson will be Portuguese and solve the biggest problem of our team.. but we still have the LB problem.. Duda played decent in last two games, but were games where Portugal only attacked and he had no job defending..

we still with chances to qualify for WC but i doubt it. Queiroz is making a lot of experiences in the team with no (good) results.. some dramatic results like against Denmark, Albania and Sweden at home, where we deserved win by miles. But our no.9 problem prevented us to win.

We are one of the strongest teams till the last 20 meters. And with Ronaldo playing very under of the level he plays at United more hard is. I still think he have no place in our team and should be in the bench.. but put the best player of the world in bench.. >.<