Elite English Championship - Match Reports and Transfer News

Ian Eltringham

Welcome to the match reports and transfer news thread for the Elite English Championship.

A little background on the creation of this game world. I enjoy managing small clubs especially in English game worlds. I know a lot of you enjoy this type of challenge also. But it’s pretty tough when you get to the top and try to compete against clubs with much larger stadiums. Although Soccer Manager has now introduced stadium building into the game it has it’s limits. If you take over a club with a very small stadium it will never improve beyond around 22/23000.

This is a shame if you take a small club and start having some success in the top division as no matter how well the club does you’ll never be able to compete financially with the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal. With this in mind I decided to create an English Championship which is limited to clubs with stadiums of 25,000 or below.

By doing this the top clubs in the game world will be fairly even in terms of financial muscle. And furthermore more those managers in the game world who manage smaller teams will be able to compete with the top boys financially as their stadium size increases to a similar level depending on how successful they can become.

Edit: The concept for the league is now redundant with the introduction of real life attendances :(

Re: Elite English Championship - Match Reports and Transfer News

842_1203035421.gif

Ebbsfleet United Appoint Ian Eltringham

Ian Eltringham became the new manager of Elite English Championship Division 4 side Ebbsfleet United. He was appointed manager after the clubs shareholders voted on who they wanted to manage their club. Eltringham was offered the job after receiving 98.7 percent of the votes from club shareholders. His first game will be against Tom Hemy's Altrincham on April 12th.

Guest TOM_HEMY

logo_football.jpg

ALTRINCHAM F.C APPOINT NEW MANAGER

Altrincham F.C have today confirmed the appointment of new manager Tom Hemy and along with the news that Hemy has been appointed he also unveiled his new signings;

andy_carroll.jpg

ANDREW CARROLL

Mark-Davies-Bolton_1858374.jpg

MARK DAVIES

e3b6786f-af33-477d-87a6-712d4292af56.jpg

KARL MOORE

mark_randall.jpg

MARK RANDALL

Hemy also said that more new players are going to be arriving at Moss Lane

842_1203035421.gif

10 Players Sign For Ebbsfleet United

Ten new players have joined the squad this afternoon. I’ve almost got my first choice eleven sorted out for the start of the season. Started with a pretty small budget of £3.2M at The Fleet so I’ve tried to keep out of the many bidding wars that have been going on in the last 24 hours to try and stretch my budget as far as I can. I’ve still got a couple of targets that I’m interested in bringing into the club.

Hopefully I’ll have some news on them tomorrow.

New Signings

Pierluigi Frattali

Giannis Kontoes

Ramos Jordi Alba

Torrijos David Fuster

Paulos Dani Abalo

Sebastián Xisco Nadal

Emilio Docente

Giuseppe Bellusci

Miguel Tiago Pinto

Marco Calderoni

Guest TOM_HEMY

logo_football.jpg

THREE MORE PLAYERS JOIN ALTRINCHAM

Earlier today Altrincham maanager Tom Hemy announced that Mark Davies, Andrew Carroll, Karl Moore and Mark Randall joined the club and this afternoon Hemy has announced the arrival of;

14430.jpg

BEN AMOS

manuhannes01.jpg

MANUEL FISCHNALLER(RIGHT)

1205540511-2.jpg

GEORGI SCHENNIKOV

Hemy has said that he still intends to sign a couple more players before the season starts.

838_1197956695.gif

Justice Takes Over the Red Devils...No not Manchester United but Crawley Town Football Club

Just Moments ago Crawley Town apointed Nick Justice as manager, Justice is said to be Excited at the chance to manage such a great club. Justice Promosis only English Irish or Scottish Players will be brought in none non-GB players will be brought in

More to come when Transfers take place ...

842_1203035421.gif

Ebbsfleet United sign Italian wonderkid Vincenzo Fiorillo

Ebbsfleet United have secured the signature of Italian U-21 international goalkeeper Vincenzo Fiorillo from Sampdoria for £30k & Sam MOTT. The player is widely believed to be of huge potential and a future star of world football. Vincenzo Fiorillo will start the season as backup to fellow Italian Pierluigi Frattalo.

The Fleet also confirmed the signings of 2 more players this morning. Desmond Nze Kouassi joined the club from Avellino for 10K. The versatile defender will provide cover across the back. Ezequiel Luna was also signed from Spanish club Tenerife for £350k.The Argentinian is expected to form a central defensive partnership with fellow new signing Giuseppe Bellusci who joined the club yesterday from Ascoli.

Ebbsfleet United manager Ian Eltringham has also confirmed that the club were in the race to sign a very talented English midfielder. "We have made a formal bid for the player but since then Crawley Town have also joined the race for his signature. We have signed 13 players over the last couple of days and spent most of our transfer budget. I believe we will lose out in the battle to sign the player as we are unable to significantly improve our original offer. This means we're still on the look out for a midfielder and have other targets in mind."

Guest TOM_HEMY

logo_football.jpg

TWO MORE PLAYER ARRIVE AT MOSS LANE

A28_kyle_benedictus.jpg

KYLE BENEDICTUS

F.MISEVSKI.JPG

FILIP MISEVSKI

Have both joined Altrincham and manager Tom Hemy had this to say about things so far:

I am very pleased with the players I've brought in, I feel like we have an invincible team and most importantly we are a young side, there is only 2 players in my starting 11 over 23! We are aiming for promotion and I'm looking forward to rivalries with other managers especially in our first game against Ian Eltrincham's Ebbsfleet United

Guest TOM_HEMY

logo_football.jpg

ANOTHER NEW SIGNING

Altrincham have today announced new signing Daniel Villalba to the press

files.php?file=keko-villalba_558654048.jpg

Villalba (Above) had this to say on his arrival:

I am pleased to be here, I wasn't getting in the first team at River Plate. I know that Altrincham aren't a well known team around England but at least I will be getting regular first team team football, Which is all that matters in my opinion.

842_1203035421.gif

Another 8 Players Sign For Ebbsfleet United

Ebbsfleet continued with their squad rebuilding plans with the arrival of 8 new players this morning. They are all belived to be squad players who will provide a bit more competition for the first team and better quality backup for injuries and suspensions. More signings are expected to be confimed over the next 24 hours.

New Signings

Gaspar Vitor Junior

Mohamed Chalali

Reggie Lambe

Ryan McGowan

Aparecido Anderson Salles

Alessandro Vinci

Giuseppe Rizza

Samir Ujkani

In other news Federico Macheda joins Division 2 club Brighton and Hove Albion for a massive £10M :eek:

Guest TOM_HEMY

logo_football.jpg

ANOTHER NEW SIGNING ARRIVAL FOR THE ROBINS

0,,10284~5036607,00.jpg

16 year old Scottish forward Greig Spence (shown above) has now completed his move to Moss Lane, the home of Altrincham F.C from Alloa Athletic.

842_1203035421.gif

5 More Join The Revolution

Ebbsfleet United have confirmed that 5 more players have joined their squad this afternoon. There have been huge changes at The Fleet over the last couple of days with many players joining and leaving the club. Only Kezie Ibe, Michael Gash, Stacy Long and Jamie Stevens remain from the original squad that the new Ebbsfleet United manager inherited. They are also set to leave shortly.

Eltringham has been extremely ruthless since taking over. After assessing who the dead wood was in the squad he decided that the whole squad were pretty much useless and has proceeded with the job of getting rid of all of them. Two more players should be joining the club sometime tomorrow.

New Signings

Luigi Giorgi

Silvano Raggio Garibaldi

Giacomo Bonaventura

Cristiano Camillucci

Alexis Machuca

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Hall Joins Hartlepool !

hartlepool.gif

Matthew Hall has joined Hartlepool United, his hometown club, today in a shock move by Ken Hodcroft, the club's chairman.

Many fans expected Hodcroft to opt for Bryan Robson, but, instead, he chose the charismatic Hall.

Hall explained the signings that would take Hartlepool to the "next level" would be a blend of youth and experience.

Hall Joins Hartlepool !

hartlepool.gif

Matthew Hall has joined Hartlepool United' date=' his hometown club, today in a shock move by Ken Hodcroft, the club's chairman.[/font']

Many fans expected Hodcroft to opt for Bryan Robson, but, instead, he chose the charismatic Hall.

Hall explained the signing that would take Hartlepool to the "next level" would be a blend of youth and experience.

fancy a friendly matthew ?? :D

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

fancy a friendly matthew ?? :D

Sure !! :D Do you want any terms and conditions like youth players ?

Sure !! :DDo you want any terms and conditions like youth players ?

are you asking me that question if so i think the Rules of the league dont state any thing about youth so.... :)

EDIT: Accept the friendly request mate :)

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

are you asking me that question if so i think the Rules of the league dont state any thing about youth so.... :)

EDIT: Accept the friendly request mate :)

No, I was only asking in case you wanted anything. :D

A good, honest, old-fashioned friendly, eh ? :D

838_1197956695.gif

Crawley Manager Nick Justice Sticks to his Guns!

8ys17r.jpg

Collison moves to Crawley Town

Justice said he will only sign Great British Talent and so far he has done just that, Brining in Stpehen Darby, Jack Collison(Pictured), Jay Simpson and Jordan Mutch And Justice sid there is more players on there way!!!

Lincoln Transfer Spree To Continue

43_1191819417.gif

After Taking Over Lincoln 3 Days Ago Bowen Has Made Some Big Changes, A Total Of 12 Players Has Joined Lincoln And 5 Had Made Way. And Bowen Has Stated It Won't Stop There.

bowen-5.jpgbowen1.jpg

Players In (Left) Players Out (Right)

BRING ON THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!! :D

842_1203035421.gif

Ruben Micael Signs For Ebbsfleet United

Ebbsfleet United have confirmed the signing of Freitas Ruben Micael for a bargain £100K from Portugese outfit Nacional da Madeira. The talented midfielder is expected to make his debut against Altrincham on Sunday.

17 year old central midfielder Bartosz Salamon also joined the club today from Italian Serie B club Brescia. The young starlet will provide backup in central midfield for Ruben Micael and Luigi Giorgi.

Ebbsfleet United manager Ian Eltringham has confirmed that his transfer plans have now been completed in readiness for the start of the season. Squad numbers have now been handed out to the 23 players in the first team squad. There are also 5 youngsters in the youth squad but they are not expected to break into the first team this season.

"I'm very pleased with the players the we have managed to bring to the club in such a short amount of time. Much thanks has to go to my chairman who has worked his socks off to secure as many of my targets as possible. We have a squad that is capable of challenging for promotion if not the division 4 title itself."

"Looking at the other teams in our division I've been most impressed with the signings that have been made at Crawley Town and Altrincham during the pre-season. Wrexham and Oxford United have also made some pretty strong signings. I think they will be our main challengers."

"I'm very confident in the quality of my team and I believe we have made some excellent signings. I'm not saying we are the best team in division 4 but I do think we'll finish the season as champions."

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Hartlepool Go Spending Crazy !

hartlepool.gif

Matthew Hall has delivered on his promise of spending big money on players that would take Hartlepool to the next level, with no less than 16 players arriving at Victoria Park yesterday.

A total of £8.4m was spent on the group of players, and it seems Matthew Hall has been granted more money by chairman Ken Hodcroft.

"I've spent a fair bit of money on players I think can take Hartlepool to the next level. Luckily, my chairman Ken Hodcroft has gave me more funds."

The players who have joined Hartlepool are:

Kelvin Leerdam

Francesco Caputo

Jack Rodwell

Jari Litmanen

Niclas Alexandersson

Olivier Thomas

Ivan Helguera

Alhassane Dosso

Sanna Nyassi

Daniele Soddimo

Artur Sobiech

Eyal Golsa

Matt Duke

Michael Cia

Antonio Barilla

Yasin Pehlivan

Out of those players that have signed for Hartlepool, pundits have tipped 18-year old Jack Rodwell to have the brightest future.

efc__1218892572_rodwell.jpg

By far the player with the most potential.

Lincoln Start With A Win

43_1191819417.gif268_front_small.gif3_front_small.gif63_1191570962.gif

Lincoln City 1-0 Port Vale

Garcia Rayco '71

Attendance:10,127

Referee:Sten Kaldma flags_of_Estonia.gif

Tonight Saw The Start Of The New League's In The Elite English Championship, So All The Teams Wanted To Impress On There First Outing. Lincoln Did Do That And A Good Performance Was Sealed Off With A Garcia Rayco Goal In the 71th Minute, The 22 Year Old Also Got Man Of The Match After A top Class Performance.

Next Up For This Very Young Licoln Side Is A League Game Against Hartlepool United.

Thursday 16th April KO 8pm