Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Steve Zakuani

4C4657EBA6D348B49E00A3FCB289D342.ashx?w=389&h=377

Club: Seattle Sounders

Name: Steve Zakuani

Date Of Birth: 9th February 1988

Nationality: Congolese

Position: Winger/Forward

Steve Zakuani is a Congolese midfielder currently playing for Seattle Sounders.

He was signed from his college team after scoring 20 goals in their season.

Zakuani had played for Arsenal Youth Team for 5 years, which shows his class and ability.

His strengths must be his pace and skill, which can be seen in the video below. My favourite part is between 3:00 and 3:08 as he easily beats two defenders, rounds the goalkeeper and then scores. The video as a whole shows a lot of his talent.

Zakuani made his debut for Seattle against New York Red Bulls, where he came on as a substitute for Sanna Nyassi. Nine days later, he made his first start against Real Salt Lake. For Seattle's first goal, Zakuani skipped around the Salt Lake defence before setting up Nate Jaqua.

Yesterdays game against Toronto saw Steve get another start; this time against Toronto.

In the game, he scored his first goal and, as a result of his performances, has been highly praised.

At the moment, he isn't on the database. I predict he will be added at 73. I know it will be tough at first to get his preferred position in the team due to Freddy Ljungberg and Sanna Nyassi, but I think his pace and energy will mean he gets more games.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Re: Steve Zakuani.

Thanks for the positive feedback ! Thanks, also, to Nick for providing that link which gives the details that I didn't see when I was writing up the report.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Steve Zakuani has been added at 74. It is early in the MLS season, so predicting ratings is very tricky, if not near impossible.

I will be keeping track of his progress this season, and updates will be hopefully quite regular.

It's not that tricky to predict what's going to happen. Historically, first overall draft picks hae played a lot. When one impresses as much as Zakuani, he's pretty much garanteed to keep playing. Follow the Maurice EDU rule, and he'll be at 80 by the end of the season.

Sick performance by him yesterday, he was the best playing on the pitch, scoring a goal and was absolutly everywhere. Thank you NBC for picking the right game :D

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

It's not that tricky to predict what's going to happen. Historically' date=' first overall draft picks hae played a lot. When one impresses as much as Zakuani, he's pretty much garanteed to keep playing. Follow the Maurice EDU rule, and he'll be at 80 by the end of the season.

Sick performance by him yesterday, he was the best playing on the pitch, scoring a goal and was absolutly everywhere. Thank you NBC for picking the right game :D[/quote']

I don't know why, but I never saw that post. :o I do agree with you, though, about his performance against San Jose Earthquakes. He got a goal and an assist, and had a fantastic performance.

I just hope he keeps it up. :D:P

• 2 months later...