SM Award - Greatest Side Ever (The Final)

SM Award - Greatest Side Ever (The Final)  

1. 1.

• Teb's Spartak
    • Mark's Bradford
    • Tom's Barcelona
    • SOP's Spartak
    • Mike's Darlington
    • James' Preston

SM AWARD - GREATEST SIDE EVER

Rejuvinated and now its the final i've decided on these 6 Sides!

- Tebthereb - Spartak Moskva - GC1

- Mark Farine - Bradford City - EC408

- Tom Pham - Barcelona - Mikes Fantasy League

- SonOfPluto - Spartak Moskva - GC3

- Mike Flounders - Darlington - EC106

- James Burrow - Preston North End - EC106

Son Of Pluto -

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile...99738&sid=1360 - Players Also On Loan

DON'T VOTE FOR YOURSELF

AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOUR TWO WEEKS STARTS TODAY!

• 2 weeks later...

Re: SM Award - Greatest Side Ever (The Final)

Absolute disgrace my Inter isn't included B)

Agreed, i thought my Ajax in GC2, or my Real Madrid in GC9 could of been included. I have a great Chelsea in 17 and Madrid in 8 also..

Custom/Standard setups aren't even worhty anyway..anyone could make a great squad.

James side isn't even great, he has just worked with it, it isn't a amazing club.

My best team on SM is my Grimsby side -> http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=17487&clubid=5612899&sid=123

Had them since I started SM, started in div 4 with 10k stadium, only 3mil cash and a team full of 60's (only had one player above 70 - 76 rated M Ready)

Now look at them :D FINALLY just got into div 1 after trying for bloody ages, 1st time ive climbed all 4 divisions as my other Grimsby team is stuck in div 2 still

Agreed' date=' i thought my Ajax in GC2, or my Real Madrid in GC9 could of been included. I have a great Chelsea in 17 and Madrid in 8 also..

Custom/Standard setups aren't even worhty anyway..anyone could make a great squad.

James side isn't even great, he has just worked with it, it isn't a amazing club.[/quote']

Agreed on Ajax but i'd stop short of calling it your team ;)

James side isn't even great' date=' he has just worked with it, it isn't a amazing club.[/quote']

I would put a team like his above ANY Madrid, Barca, Man Utd, etc etc imo anybody can build a great team with those clubs even in a GC if they are willing to deadicate the time, its still pretty easy.

Doing it with lesser clubs is much, much more difficult.

I would put a team like his above ANY Madrid' date=' Barca, Man Utd, etc etc imo anybody can build a great team with those clubs even in a GC if they are willing to deadicate the time, its still pretty easy.

Doing it with lesser clubs is much, much more difficult.[/quote']

Never mind the squad (which is good, although i put something similiar together at Swansea and it really is easy in EC's) - he's just been relegated, best side ever? :rolleyes:

Just looking through all the teams - it seems the criteria was amassing huge numbers of players (no matter how easy it was) and that actually doing well with them has counted for very little....not much of a competition - although it will have the right outcome as Teb's is undoubtedly the best B)

Never mind the squad (which is good' date=' although i put something similiar together at Swansea and it really is easy in EC's) - he's just been relegated, best side ever? :rolleyes:[/quote']

Maybe not best ever, there will be tons that aint even on that list.

I just ment someone who puts a great side together with someone like Preston, Swansea, Bradford etc is better than making a super side with the Barcelona's, Madrid's, Man Utd etc etc.

They have super stadiums, massive cash and a bunch of amazing players who you start with who you can trade out or sell, the stadiums alone allow you to easily build a massive super squad, this is not the case with the smaller sides you have to manage it better

My best team on SM is my Grimsby side -> http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=17487&clubid=5612899&sid=123

Had them since I started SM' date=' started in div 4 with 10k stadium, only 3mil cash and a team full of 60's (only had one player above 70 - 76 rated M Ready)

Now look at them :D FINALLY just got into div 1 after trying for bloody ages, 1st time ive climbed all 4 divisions as my other Grimsby team is stuck in div 2 still[/quote']

You got rid of Walcott though! :eek:

But yeah this is a better achievement than most of the best teams on SM. B)

Agreed' date=' i thought my Ajax in GC2, or my Real Madrid in GC9 could of been included. I have a great Chelsea in 17 and Madrid in 8 also..

James side isn't even great, he has just worked with it, it isn't a amazing club.[/quote']

Ajax would go down as Leigh's though, I doubt you've done anything with them to improve them as they were perfect when you bought the account...

Same for the other two really.

Just for pure playing hogging and being the route cause of this new money thing in GC's is has to be Teb's Spartak :P

But I'm shocked that my Spartak in GC3 got the nod over Jacks Inter in GC4 and Liegh's Ajax in GC2 to be honest

I was gonna put Ajax in but with Leigh no longer on the game it wouldnt work

Id just like to say, my team may not be as good as the rest as regards players and such, but when I started off, my team was a bog-standard Preston side from 2006 with Barbosa Alecsandro the only addition. In fact, I can give you the starting XI from when I took over:

Nash

Alexander----Chilvers----St Ledger----Davidson

Whaley----McKenna----B O'Neil----Pugh

Nugent----Alecsandro

And now its

Jaaskelainen

Johnson----Jagielka----Upson----Aurelio

Valencia----Ireland----Parker----Marin

Crouch----Jovetic

So it has changed quite a lot.

Also, I thought I had a big squad, I have 49 players, Mark has 151, Tom has 258, SoP is 85, and Michael has 54, so mine is just marginally smaller than Michaels, but a fifth of the size of Tom's.

Ajax would go down as Leigh's though' date=' I doubt you've done anything with them to improve them as they were perfect when you bought the account...

Same for the other two really.[/quote']

I have made changes to them, most of the players brought were Leigh's but i habve brought players in. ;)

And Jacko, i would call it my team, i own the team, i do the tactics, Leigh made most of the signings but he dosen't own it, and i do so it's mine. ;)

I have made changes to them' date=' most of the players brought were Leigh's but i habve brought players in. ;)

And Jacko, i would call it my team, i own the team, i do the tactics, Leigh made most of the signings but he dosen't own it, and i do so it's mine. ;)[/quote']

Leigh made most of the signings and won the quadruple with them so if it is to be given any accolade he should be taking most of the credit..... :o