Top 5 Worst Players In EPL

Re: Top 5 Worst Players In EPL

I think he has been really good this season' date=' and am amazed he is mentioned on a thread like this. I am curious to know what Spurs games you watched to draw the conclusion he barely deserves to class himself as Premiership standard?[/quote']

tbh mate half nearly all the players mentioned on this thread a MILES away from being the worst 5 players in the EPL.

Some might class as the most "off form" this season, but that wasnt what the original poster asked.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Top 5 Worst Players In EPL My god, Kiesh. You are another completely deluded fan. I know you are a Man Utd fan and you are so used to winning and being the best but do you really expect every sin

I think he has been really good this season' date=' and am amazed he is mentioned on a thread like this. I am curious to know what Spurs games you watched to draw the conclusion he barely deserves to class himself as Premiership standard?[/quote']

I just don't rate him. Maybe he's not one of the 5 worst but he was just one that came into my head first. If I looked through every squad in the leage, I might find worse players. However, whenever I do see him, he never impresses me. I think there are a lot of Championship full-backs who could do a better job.

Agreed, Neller, just found the Assou-Ekotto one particularly odd. Anyone who watched Spurs v Man Utd might remember him shackling The Winker. Andy, when did you see him where he was unimpressive?

Neller, I saw one of your chaps, Dossena, was also branded as one of the worst players in the EPL. Seems a bit excessive too. :) Sorry to pick on you, Andy, you were just the last too make a list :)

Scrolling down, I see Gomes' name again. Even the media have long since realised he is actually in good form! :confused:

Ok, lets get the controversial one out of the way first:

1) Rory Delap. Ok he can throw a ball, but does that make him a premier league player for god's sake? Can't remember him doing anything else this season, maybe a career in rugby beckons?

2) Manucho. I'm a Man Utd fan, he scored a screamer at the ACN but he's not good enough to stay, leaving Welbeck (and now Macheda) as 4th/5th choice.

3) Marek Cech. A Slovakian international and ex-Porto player who, when West Brom signed him for 1.4 million, I thought would be the newspaper dream team signing of the season. HOW WRONG I WAS!!!

4) El-Hadji Diouf. He scored against France in the 2002 world cup, did ok at Liverpool but what has he done since? exactly.

5) Afonso Alves. Scored for fun in Holland, described as "a natural finsher" but the amount of games he's cost 'Boro due to wayward finishing is beyond belief!

These are mine, tell me yours!!

Agreed' date=' Neller, just found the Assou-Ekotto one particularly odd. Anyone who watched Spurs v Man Utd might remember him shackling The Winker. Andy, when did you see him where he was unimpressive?

Neller, I saw one of your chaps, Dossena, was also branded as one of the worst players in the EPL. Seems a bit excessive too. :) Sorry to pick on you, Andy, you were just the last too make a list :)

Scrolling down, I see Gomes' name again. Even the media have long since realised he is actually in good form! :confused:[/quote']

That's quite alright, thing's like these are meant to be debated. :)

I agree, maybe it was a bit excessive to class Dossena as one of the five worst Premiership players, as, if he was, he wouldn't be playing for a top 4 side, right? But I still think he has been a bad signing by Benitez and that he often plays poorly - on 3-4 occasions have I watched him and been extremely unimpressed.

With regards to Assou-Ekotto, maybe I was a little influenced by his first few performances for Tottenham. When I first watched him when he first arrived in England, he had a poor game - can't remember which one; too long ago. Since then, I've seen him a few more times where he's been iffy but perhaps my perception of him from his first performance made me a bit over-critical. Next time I see him, I'll give him another chance. Tbh, he was my last out of the five and I was struggling to think, so I just picked a player I don't like! :D

As for Gomes, I agree. Despite having a few dodgy games at the start of the season, I think he's been quite solid in the last few months - but he can still have his moments!

have to disagree completely!!

di michele is nothing like bentner' date=' their styles are COMPLETELY different. di michele is a zola type player, fast(or used to be) skillful and creative forward who can(or used to anyway) do a very good job playing as a winger or a creative midfielder. nowadays, it is clear he doesnt have the pace or physique for the premier league, but still shows very good touches and clever intricate plays.

bentner is just target man, not much technique, but a presence up front.

for the second bit, "ordinary" is hardly "wors in the epl" is it? i mean from the title, i d thought the popular or more sensible choices would be from teams like west brom or middlesborough, people like robinson or huth etc, not seasoned internations like oshea and r.dunne etc lol[/quote']

Mate, I just think the Pedersen and Dunne have done more harm than good to their respective teams this season. To be honest the entire Man City defence should be up there because they have been a total shambles.

The reason I put David Di Michele is because he manages to create many many chances for himself but is simply unable to put them away. I agree that he is much more creative than Bentdner, but if you make as many goalscoring opportunities in a match as he does then it is only normal to see him score at least one goal. He is a frustrating man for me. If he was a midfielder he probably would not be on the list as our midfield is very creative with Collison, Noble and Behrami but he is a forward and I would expect, by his creativity, to be a lot more prolific. If he had a sharper eye for goal he'd have more than Carlton Cole IMO. :)

Agreed' date=' Neller, just found the Assou-Ekotto one particularly odd. Anyone who watched Spurs v Man Utd might remember him shackling The Winker. Andy, when did you see him where he was unimpressive?

Scrolling down, I see Gomes' name again. Even the media have long since realised he is actually in good form! :confused:[/quote']

Agreed. Ironically since Harry bought Cudicini ( a little bit before) Gomes has been excellent! :P

1.Afonso Alves

Was it 12 milo they spent on him??Ridiclulous

2.Bentnder

He just can't seem to score with jis feet.He's too arrogant and i doubt he will mlast long at Arsenal

3.Nani

We paid 20 mil for him an apart from the odd amaing goal every now and then he has done knack all

4.Malouda

Never has had a decent run in the Prem and has always seemed worth a fraction of what Chelski paid for

5.Gomez

Has cost Spurs lots of points this season and is lucky they are loyal to him

we have nani' date='park,ronaldo,tosic,ljajic(next season). Park and Ronaldo first choice for me and then the serbians.

With scholes already going down a bit I see Andersn, Carrick,Fletcher and carrick next season contending for the 2 places. This season he has struggled with injuries but when he comes on from the bench he really quickens the game up and has already shown that he has excellent vision.

And I don't care if we have unsung Cm's if they are effective like Carrick has been for 3 years.[/quote']

If Park or Ronaldo leaves Nani will be Manchester's starting winger. Tosic isn't better then Nani and Ljajic is still 17 years old and will take time to break into the team. From what i saw of Tosic in the Derby game he was horrible. But then again i can't judge a player on one game.

If Park or Ronaldo leaves Nani will be Manchester's starting winger. Tosic isn't better then Nani and Ljajic is still 17 years old and will take time to break into the team. From what i saw of Tosic in the Derby game he was horrible. But then again i can't judge a player on one game.

No Fergie will fins someone else I am sure because he dosen't trust nani and rightly so cause he sucks. And Tosic looked good against Spurs in FA cup. Has good touches but time will tell whether hes good or not. But there were some rumours that he impressed a lot in training. And when he did sign for us he hadn't played for some time. And if Ljajic is good Fergie will play him. But nani is horrible. i supported him for some time as I said hoping he would improve but he hasn't. Whether it's because he needs to play more often or he's just rubbish I don;t know.

No Fergie will fins someone else I am sure because he dosen't trust nani and rightly so cause he sucks. But nani is horrible. i supported him for some time as I said hoping he would improve but he hasn't. Whether it's because he needs to play more often or he's just rubbish I don;t know.

I would say its more of the part ive outlined ,also why football mentality has changed with the way the game has as well for a lot of fans .

Plenty of foreign players come over here and actually can take a few seasons to settle to the country ,pace of the game ,fitness etc .

We get crucified that were not as technical etc as oversee teams ,but the ammount of times you see top players saying when first comming over here the intesity of training compared to the other countries and why we can keep to such a pace .

Teams in Italy,Spain etc can and do play fast football at times but not over the full 90 minutes,they do it in stages.

( well that what it looks like to me anyway .)

They also say on training ground our players are just as technical gifted and its our fast pace that makes it seem not

( but not to positive on this :rolleyes:)

According to Carra and Gerrard nowadays its not like when they first came through ,they had bad games as youngsters flitted in and out but were not seen as rubbish etc ,they were given time over seasons not just one or two to fit into the team ,learn from the better players in it etc to mature and show their real potential .

Now with the money involved many teams dont give time for youngsters to fit in ,they get loaned out not a good run of games no matter what the result if dont blend in instantly and show youve got what it takes .

They basically because of the financial stakes at the prem have to do it straight away no mistakes or lack of immaturity because of age and a new faster type of game comming to terms with ,i have an open mind on Lucas at LFC because of this ,he has good games but more bad ,but he is not given a run to say settle down and get a consistency ,he his put in now and then and expected to be as good as Alonso etc who plays virtually week in and week out which must make a difference in my opinion especially confidence wise .:)

I would say its more of the part ive outlined ' date='also why football mentality has changed with the way the game has as well for a lot of fans .

Plenty of foreign players come over here and actually can take a few seasons to settle to the country ,pace of the game ,fitness etc .

We get crucified that were not as technical etc as oversee teams ,but the ammount of times you see top players saying when first comming over here the intesity of training compared to the other countries and why we can keep to such a pace .

Teams in Italy,Spain etc can and do play fast football at times but not over the full 90 minutes,they do it in stages.

( well that what it looks like to me anyway .)

They also say on training ground our players are just as technical gifted and its our fast pace that makes it seem not

( but not to positive on this :rolleyes:)

According to Carra and Gerrard nowadays its not like when they first came through ,they had bad games as youngsters flitted in and out but were not seen as rubbish etc ,they were given time over seasons not just one or two to fit into the team ,learn from the better players in it etc to mature and show their real potential .

Now with the money involved many teams dont give time for youngsters to fit in ,they get loaned out not a good run of games no matter what the result if dont blend in instantly and show youve got what it takes .

They basically because of the financial stakes at the prem have to do it straight away no mistakes or lack of immaturity because of age and a new faster type of game comming to terms with ,i have an open mind on Lucas at LFC because of this ,he has good games but more bad ,but he is not given a run to say settle down and get a consistency ,he his put in now and then and expected to be as good as Alonso etc who plays virtually week in and week out which must make a difference in my opinion especially confidence wise .:)[/quote']

I would also throw Babel into that category then because imo he's gotten worse since joining Liverpool

I would also throw Babel into that category then because imo he's gotten worse since joining Liverpool

You could throw many teams youngsters into this ,Babel is the same but again he is not always played in his preferred position ,yet he can not play in say 5 games and when comming on supposed to be outstanding and our match winner etc .

How many times has he played from the off in succession with say 5-6 games on the trot to prove his worth .

Not many yrs ago fans used to agree new players need time to settle ,adjust have a run to get used to their team mates as well as style of teams play ,now most teams dont give them this luxery there expected to sit out many games and just hit it straight of because in the game their given thats the chance for them to prove it .

No pressure hey .:)

No Fergie will fins someone else I am sure because he dosen't trust nani and rightly so cause he sucks. And Tosic looked good against Spurs in FA cup. Has good touches but time will tell whether hes good or not. But there were some rumours that he impressed a lot in training. And when he did sign for us he hadn't played for some time. And if Ljajic is good Fergie will play him. But nani is horrible. i supported him for some time as I said hoping he would improve but he hasn't. Whether it's because he needs to play more often or he's just rubbish I don;t know.

Yeh its a bit weird. For Portugal hes awesome. Against Derby he was class but if only he could emulate those performances every week.

Yeah Nani an be lass but for me he just seems to be a ball-hog.He takes on too many people and just gets tackled.His shots are ok but not when you see them go wide every 5 minutes.If he works on getting the ball into the box and passing then theres no reason he can't be world class.

Guest Park Ji Sung

For someone who gives the illusion of being good, florence malouda is incredibly useless. he should never be starting for chelsea. no end product, poor decision making, i'd choose nani over him every time, just florence lacks flair.

You really need to calm yourself a little Kiesh. This is not like a team with no strength in depth. I would be grateful if half your academy to my side' date=' and we probably have a better academy than United!

Anyway....

I think I posted mine but through this hullabaloo about John O'Shea it probably went unnoticed:

David Di Michele (West Ham)

Julien Faubert (West Ham)

Alfonso Alves (Middlesbrough)

Richard Dunne (Manchester City)

Morten Gamst Pedersen (Blackburn)[/quote']

I hope the last two days of football have implied these 5 players' inclusions in my list. :)

Guest Park Ji Sung

Thanking you kindly!!
Hes been on decent form recently' date=' so I'm not sure thats quite right, but he had been one of the top 5.[/quote']

I think ye must be conspiring against me. I am not a bad player, y'all can talk when y'all are current British, European, and World players.:mad:

But seriously, last year park was one of the most important players in winning the champions league especially. This year, he has not gotten the same opportunity. While he might not be the most technically gifted player, he is still incredibly useful.

The whole middlesbrough side except Tuncay? it'd be easier to pick a top 50 worst players in the EPL than a top 5 cos the majority of bottom half teams have some diabolical "footballers".

but for arguments sake...

- Bramble

- Lucas

- Nani

- McShane (possible case for worst defender ever)

- Alves

Stop slamming Fletcher, if he was such a bad player, would Alex Ferguson pick him for United? No.

- Lucas - Even Though I Am A Liverpool Fan It Bewilders Me That He Plays Sometimes, though he is cutting the mistakes down since he cut his hair

- Sidwell - Nobody can forget the horrible time he had at Chelsea but hes not got much better since going to Aston Villa and is still a benchwarmer

- Bendtner - For A Striker, you need Aim and thats what Bendtner does not have if he did he'd score a 20 a season

- Alfonso Alves - Has his moments but is overall poor a waste of money for Middlesbrough

- Gomes - Jeees he makes me ill everytime i see him he seems clueless in that net and the fact hes keeping Cudicini out is an insult to every premier league player, he kept a great Spanish Keeper out as well so much nobody knows his name anymore.