Sign in to follow this  
sperlz_99

Player Help!

How can players like Ujfalusi and Fernando Meira be 92 and 91 respectively, when you have got players like jagielka 88. I know which defender I would prefer to have in my team. Even that Bruno Alves for Porto is on 92, I watched him play against Man Utd and he looks like your modern day Titus Bramble.

Someone also made a comment about Bassong and whenever I watch Newcastle he looks solid, Coloccini looks **** yet Coloccini has a really high ranking and Bassong is only on 86.

One more rating I could'nt believe is Arteta who is one of the best midfielders in the premier league is on 91, that is the same as Jonas who would'nt even get in the Everton team. The ratings need a lot of work otherwise I'm going to stop playing the game because some of them really are quite pathetic.

Re: Do the people who change the ratings even watch football.

The ratings are fine. They're not based on opinion but on stastics over more than just one season, and will change over time.

Jagielka is going to rise next week, almost certainly to 89 and possibley to 90. He's only had two seasons in the premier league whereas Meira and Ujfalusi have had countless in their respective leagues and have had way more international games than Jagielka. What's more Meira and Ujfalusi are playing regularly for their clubs (both of which are better than Everton), and for their countries (though Ujfalusi has just been banned from the national team).

Arteta may be one of the best midfielders in the premier league in your opinion, I agree he's a really good player, but he's playing for Everton who aren't a top four team or playing in the champions league and isn't playing for Spain. He was rated 92 (which was abnormally high for his club and international caps - because he was considered so good) until his relatively average season last year when he dropped.

The ratings change gradually, no one jumps (at least high rated players don't) because of a few matches good form but if they prove themselves, say over a season (like Jagielka), then they get a deserved rise and if they have a poor season (e.g Nihat at Villareal) they will go down. That's the skill of the game, buying a player you think is under-rated and thus cheaper to buy, then waiting until his rating increases.

Read this page: http://www.soccermanager.com/help.php/index.php/Player_Ratings. It'll tell you everything about the ratings and what influences them.

Re: Player Help!

lets just say i found that reply respectable up to the point where you said both clubs are better than Everton. Everton are statistically the best of the rest in England, which is statistically the best league in the world. Atletico Madrid are possibly on a par with Everton but Galatasaray with premier league rejects like Baros and Nonda in their team, are certainly not better. If you want professional stats look on FIFA 09. Everton are a four and a half star team out of five and Galatasaray are just 3 and a half. You clearly know nothing about football. You mention Everton not being a top four team, but you put any other team in the world apart from Barcelona into the premier league and they will have a very very small chance of breaching the big 4. So for Everton to be the best of the rest having finished fifth last season and every chance of finishing fifth this season.... makes Everton a very very good club.

lets just say i found that reply respectable up to the point where you said both clubs are better than Everton. Everton are statistically the best of the rest in England' date=' which is statistically the best league in the world. Atletico Madrid are possibly on a par with Everton but Galatasaray with premier league rejects like Baros and Nonda in their team, are certainly not better. If you want professional stats look on FIFA 09. Everton are a four and a half star team out of five and Galatasaray are just 3 and a half. You clearly know nothing about football. You mention Everton not being a top four team, but you put any other team in the world apart from Barcelona into the premier league and they will have a very very small chance of breaching the big 4. So for Everton to be the best of the rest having finished fifth last season and every chance of finishing fifth this season.... makes Everton a very very good club.[/quote']

very well put mate a little thought goes a long way

Interesting post, but one which at this current time has no foundation as Everton, Porto, Galatasaray, At Madrid and other teams mentioned are yet to be re-rated. Their is currently no basis for this debate until the teams have all had their ratings changed for this season (a process which will likely be complete within the next 3-4 weeks). Once it has been completed, I will gladly re-open this thread and you can re-focus the debate with the up-to-date ratings :) . Feel free to PM me once the Portugal and Spain section has been completed and I'll re-open this thread for a more meaningful debate

lets just say i found that reply respectable up to the point where you said both clubs are better than Everton. Everton are statistically the best of the rest in England' date=' which is statistically the best league in the world. Atletico Madrid are possibly on a par with Everton but Galatasaray with premier league rejects like Baros and Nonda in their team, are certainly not better. If you want professional stats look on FIFA 09. Everton are a four and a half star team out of five and Galatasaray are just 3 and a half. You clearly know nothing about football. You mention Everton not being a top four team, but you put any other team in the world apart from Barcelona into the premier league and they will have a very very small chance of breaching the big 4. So for Everton to be the best of the rest having finished fifth last season and every chance of finishing fifth this season.... makes Everton a very very good club.[/quote']

Altetico Madrid are better than Everton. They get in the knock out stages of the CL consistently and have world class international players playing for them - aguero, forlan, maxi rodriguez etc. Meira plays for Zenit who are also better than Everton (UEFA cup champions). Where did you get Galatasary from?

And your point about Everton being the best of the rest in the Premier League, which is the best league, therefore they're better than all other teams in other leagues is stupid. Yes they are good, but it doesnt make even them the best 5th placed team over all the major leagues. Look at Villarreal, finished 5th in La Liga but miles better than Everton. Roma finished 6th in Serie A but they're better than Everton. Then you've got teams who finished in the top 4 places within those leagues and champions from the other not so major leagues.

Oh, and Fifa 09 are not proffesional stats.