Best LB

meeuws

Best LB  

1. 1.

• Evra
    • Lahm
    • Abidal
    • Cole

In my opinion evra and lahm are the to two best LB's in the world with no close competition, the likes of cole and abidal just dont have to ability they do IMO

the question is one should rise to 94 but which one (imagine abidal is 93 which he should have went down to last season)

i think it'll come down to club and not ability

Re: Best LB

i think evra is the best LB, he has a more complete balance between attack and defend. Ashley cole is probably the worst player to pull on an england shirt at the minute. he can't tackle with his right foot at all,he can't pass with either foot and his fellow professionals don't seem to have a lot of respect for him, lampard and barry didn't pass to him once in the second half of the engand match, and during the champions league game against liverpool he always looked at of position. he is a shadow of the player that he was at arsenal.

I like abidal but he isn't as strong defensively as evra, but brilliant at bombing on, but he is getting older now and i think he won't be able to keep up with his barca team mates so may end up not playing for a top class team.

I like lahm, what ive seen of him(which is not a lot if im honest) he seems to be pretty capable.

I think Cole is a great player, good defender, good at going forward and is pretty good all round..

But then theres Lahm and Evra who are also very classy LB's..

What I want to know is why Abidal is rated higher than Evra, Cole and Lahm..

When IMO them three are better than him!

:)

Lahm.

I also rate Evra very highly, but I've seen him struggling a bit recently, which puts Lahm just a little above him. I've also seen a few (and I really mean only very few) games from Lahm where he made mistakes and didn't have his best day, but what I like so much about him, he then fights and gets back into the match (see the euro semi-finals against Turkey for example, where he made a mistkae that lead to a goal for Turkey, but he then pulled himself together and scored the winning goal), which I don't see with many other defenders, who start to become even a bit shakier when they don't have their best game, including Evra.

Cole is just awful, and Abidal seems like he's already 35 or something, he played a lot better a couple of years ago.

Ashley Cole is Not anywhere near the Best In the world. I haven't Seen Lahm play Recently so can't comment on how he's doing but Evra Is probably the best in the Premier league, Followed by Clichy. But Evra has been Pretty poor in Recent games and Clichy hasnt Been good all season. I dont Think any of the LB's should rise but Abidal should Drop.

It's ludicrous to claim Lahm as a better player than Evra. Defensively, Lahm is not only far worse than Evra, but he also plays in a far worse league. What's more, while Bayern has had a season of fits and starts, in addition to have missed playing in the Champions League last season, Evra has played against the best in the EPL, and Champions League, facing competition from players such as Messi and Maicon, and by in large, he has succeeded and proven himself. They (ManU) won the UCL last season, and thoroughly dominated Inter last round. Meanwhile, Lahm faced the same opposition in Messi a couple of days ago, and he let Messi run rampant.

It's ludicrous to claim Lahm as a better player than Evra. Defensively' date=' Lahm is not only far worse than Evra, but he also plays in a far worse league. What's more, while Bayern has had a season of fits and starts, in addition to have missed playing in the Champions League last season, Evra has played against the best in the EPL, and Champions League, facing competition from players such as Messi and Maicon, and by in large, he has succeeded and proven himself. They (ManU) won the UCL last season, and thoroughly dominated Inter last round. Meanwhile, Lahm faced the same opposition in Messi a couple of days ago, and he let Messi run rampant.[/quote']

Congrats, you just proved to be another fanboy of the EPL and ManU. Far better league... you have exactly 4 top clubs (if you can even call Arsenal one any more), the rest is rubbish, while the Bundesliga has far more clubs who can compete with Bayern (Werder Bremen, Hamburg, Hertha Berlin, Wolfsburg, Schalke, Stuttgart, and various others). You failed to just provide one argument on why Evra is better than Lahm, I'd say tackling and positioning of both players is outstanding, but Evra failed to show consistency, which I've never seen of Lahm.

And I strongly advise you to actually watch a game to make any statements about it, if you had seen it you would know that Lahm actually didn't play, as he picked up an injury shortly before the game and was replaced by the absoutely worst wide back I know, Lell...

I did. But the forum has loads of Chelsea fans. ;) You should have made the poll so we could see who voted for who. I think the distribution is correct though' date=' currently they are ranked in order IMO. Evra, Lahm, Cole, Abidal.[/quote']

id still put abidal over cole

cole might aswell have one leg tied behind his back

Anyone who can cut inside has cole breakfast, lunch and dinner, hes done like a kipper......and some more cliches that are relevant(out of ideas). I have watched cole plenty of times recently and he barely strikes me as a good LB at club level, let alone international level. How anyone can vote for him cannot be thinking straight at all, his fellow professionals know hes a liability too, lampard did everything he could not to pass to him in the whole liverpool chelsea champions league game, and barry wouldn't pass to him in the england game. Evra is by far the best LB in the world

Congrats' date=' you just proved to be another fanboy of the EPL and ManU. Far better league... you have exactly 4 top clubs (if you can even call Arsenal one any more), the rest is rubbish, while the Bundesliga has far more clubs who can compete with Bayern (Werder Bremen, Hamburg, Hertha Berlin, Wolfsburg, Schalke, Stuttgart, and various others). You failed to just provide one argument on why Evra is better than Lahm, I'd say tackling and positioning of both players is outstanding, but Evra failed to show consistency, which I've never seen of Lahm.

And I strongly advise you to actually watch a game to make any statements about it, if you had seen it you would know that Lahm actually didn't play, as he picked up an injury shortly before the game and was replaced by the absoutely worst wide back I know, Lell...[/quote']

The fact that all these teams can compete with Bayern just shows how weak Bayern and the rest of the league is. Maybe they are competitive amongst themselves, but they can not compete against top teams across Europe. This has been clear over the past several years across Europe as German teams have simply failed to make an impact. Also, as you do not know how much and what football I watch, please do not tell me to watch certain games, leagues, or players. For all you know, I watch more Bundesliga than anyone else on this forum.

Lahm is the best LB, followed by Evra. The fact that you are saying that the League is FAR worse is quite unfair. Lahm and Evra are equally technically able, but mentally Lahm edges Evra by quite a bit, although Evra's physical ability is one to be reckoned with. So I'd put Lahm ahead simply because he clearly has more potential, although Evra is just as solid because they balance themselves out.

The fact that all these teams can compete with Bayern just shows how weak Bayern and the rest of the league is. Maybe they are competitive amongst themselves' date=' but they can not compete against top teams across Europe. This has been clear over the past several years across Europe as German teams have simply failed to make an impact. Also, as you do not know how much and what football I watch, please do not tell me to watch certain games, leagues, or players. For all you know, I watch more Bundesliga than anyone else on this forum.[/quote']

That's not it

Bayern's not weak. Their in the Champion's League quarter finals and they crashed Sporting last time. Can you remember? ;)

So Bayern is strong and many can compete with them in the Bundesliga. This juz means there are many strong teams in the Bundesliga. Got it? :confused:

I would have given my vote to Santon since he's a young, talented and solid LB. :rolleyes:

But since he's not on there, i would say Lahm. Even though Evra and Lahm are very similar in terms of potential, i rate Lahm slightly higher due to myself thinking he's the best player in Bayern's defence :D