End Of The World

RGibbs

Re: End Of The World

If this comes true (this end of the world malarkey in 2012)' date=' I will buy every member of this forum a beverage of their choice - be it the hard stuff if you are over 18, or a fizzy pop if you are under. You can all hold me to it :D:p;)[/quote']

I'll be 18 when it happens so i'll hold ya to it, so much stuff to do i'm suprised these teenage mums havent used this as an excuse yet

MUM - WHY YOU PREGGERS

KID - END OF THE WORLD SOON HAD TOO

MUM - FAIR DOES

Yeah David an ancient Scottish tribe would use there excrete on their faces as they thought when they pooped they lost vital nutrition in there bodys and by putting it on the face it soaks in through the sweat glands, glad we dont do that now but i wont put it past some scottish people :eek::D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I'll be 18 when it happens so i'll hold ya to it' date=' so much stuff to do i'm suprised these teenage mums havent used this as an excuse yet

MUM - WHY YOU PREGGERS

KID - END OF THE WORLD SOON HAD TOO

MUM - FAIR DOES

Yeah David an ancient Scottish tribe would use there excrete on their faces as they thought when they pooped they lost vital nutrition in there bodys and by putting it on the face it soaks in through the sweat glands, glad we dont do that now but i wont put it past some scottish people :eek::D[/quote']

Oi... that's the way I go out Friday nights :D, maybe that's why I always drink alone huh :eek:

The calendar doesn't end. The 12th Baktun of the Mayan Long Count ends. It's like our calendar going from 1999 to 2000. It didn't end, just rolled over. Also on that date (12-21-2012) there is a grand astronomical alignment between the sun and the Milky way at dawn. This alignment only happens every 26,000 years and to the Maya signified a new world age. This could mean in a spiritual sense or in a literal sense. But in a spiritual sense, the old world ended years ago.

Just found this, so were not going to die :o i hope :P

Yeah but that would happen if the Proton Excelarotar that they used created a mini black-hole that would take exactly 37 Days to consume the earth' date=' if this does happen it takes us into a new ice age think of the effects of Day After Tommorow, if this does happen Africa is hit first, and approxamitly 5 Days later Europe will be hit, South America is last, and they say Antarica will be the safest place on earth as if it does happen it will be the warmest place on earth and nobody lives there no hope. But its probably not gonna happen Global Warming effects will match up with the cooling of the sun, the O-Zone layer will be completly healed up and the greenhouse gas effect will keep the ice age off for at least 3 Years. WOW! I know to much, the Proton-Excelerator used to recreate the big bang has not taken place yet its only been switched on the real one will be in September next year so a black hole can still be created.

BUT IT WONT HAPPEN ITS MUMBO JUMBO!

But the Black Hole can happen :eek:[/quote']

Like someone on this thread said, the black holes caused are little black holes that are caused everyday thousands of times, the only reason for this machine is so that they can examine the black holes in detail.

Bottle of JD Doc please. :)

Yeah but that would happen if the Proton Excelarotar that they used created a mini black-hole that would take exactly 37 Days to consume the earth

But the Black Hole can happen :eek:

That's not actually true.

1) It's extremely unlikely that LHC collisions will produce anywhere near enough energy to produce micro black holes.

2) Micro black holes are very unstable. The standard model of particle physics predicts that they lose mass via Hawking radiation far more rapidly than they gain mass through other means - meaning they vanish the instant they're created.

3) Even if the micro black holes were stable' date=' their interactions with the Earth would be far too weak to be dangerous. This is proved by the existence of super-dense astronomical bodies such as neutron stars and white dwarfs. Black holes created by cosmic ray collisions would certainly remain trapped in such massive bodies (they would normally be expected to pass straight through the Earth so wouldn't be here long enough to do damage). If they were in any way harmless to the existence of the planet, the stars mentioned before would all be getting swallowed up by black holes to the point where they stopped existing completely - this isn't happening.

4) The few scientists that are disputing the safety of the LHC are all basing their arguments on theories that are inconsistent with the general theory of relativity, and contradict evidence from previous experiments. None of the papers (that I'm aware of) have passed the peer review process necessary to be published in any respected scientific journal.

5) The same scientists have also mostly been using debates on the matter for their own publicity and personal gain, with less emphasis on the scientific side of things - they're basically trying to make money by kicking up a fuss and being controversial.

6) Another minor concern is the production of particles called 'strangelets' (which so far only exist in theory). Production of such particles could result in a nuclear fusion reaction, with the worse case scenario being the whole planet gets turned into one big nuclear reaction. However, these are only predicted to exist at much lower energies than in the LHC (energy of LHC collisions will be at least 1,000,000x higher than ideal). Other particle accelerators (of much lower energies) have been run on numerous occasions over the past few decades - no strangelets have EVER been created. It's not impossible, but it's been described as similar to 'trying to form an ice cube in boiling water' (it's actually much more difficult than that).

(Out of interest, the probability of the LHC experiments causing any kind of global disaster has been calculated as 1 in 50,000,000 at MOST - meaning it's probably even less likely than that.)

Also on that date (12-21-2012) there is a grand astronomical alignment between the sun and the Milky way at dawn. This alignment only happens every 26,000 years and to the Maya signified a new world age.

Right... this is just something to think about for anyone who actually believes all this nonsense.

If this alignment is going to end the world as we know it, why the hell didn't the world end 26,000 years ago when the same alignment occurred? ...or 52,000 years ago? ...or 78,000 years ago? ...etc, etc, etc.

(I know the end of the world is just an interpretation, not precisely what was predicted - that's directed at the doomsday believers who are convinced we're all going to be wiped out, without even bothering to look into things a little deeper :P)

Well look what happened to the Mayans lmao' date=' did they not see their own demise coming....too busy looking into the future. [/quote']

Even though people dont know why mayans disapeared. A lot has to do wit the spanish invading south america and killing lots of tribes to get gold that were in the cities

If this comes true (this end of the world malarkey in 2012)' date=' I will buy every member of this forum a beverage of their choice - be it the hard stuff if you are over 18, or a fizzy pop if you are under. You can all hold me to it :D:p;)[/quote']

Hey Doc, I will be 19 by then so me, you and Sparky all down the Boleyn in Green Street for a drink or two, eh? Then kebabs on me down Edgeware Road. ;)

Seeing as I do not like alcohol though I may as well setltle for a Ribena... :P

I am rather surprised people even think that it might happen. I do not believe in this scientific nonsense because it is simply not true. Nobody knows when the end of the Earth is, even the smartest scientist in the world. But we can always continue to laugh at the idiots who think they know...