La Liga - Do You Follow A Team

JuniorBlue

Been following this league since i was about 10 but never chose a team to support. However since Janurary 2009 i've been supporting avidly and follow Valencia and been watching some of their games on SS1 and SS2. So yeahh do you follow anyone, and if you do? Who?

So yeahh i know support Valencia & MCFC. Both clubs are similar with something new happening every day. Be an interesting summer for both clubs :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: La Liga - Do You Follow A Team

I've always taken a shine to Barcelona more than Real Madrid.

I have no specific following for a club but want some to do well because of the following reasons...

Villareal - Nihat

Getafe - Ibrahim Kas

Bilbao - Big respect for what they've achieved with their limitation in players, although it's a bit wrong IMO.

[First Team I Knew, Have always not liked Real, but dont hate them as much as i used to, content to manage them in sm] Barce - Bilbao [As long as they keep there basque poilcy i'll support them]

Like Valencia Aswell Tough, They have grown on me last 10 years.

Sevilla, Would like to see them being a force, perhaps replacing the posisition valencia have been in for so long.

Villareal, Small Small club doing so so well,

Like to see small teams do well tough like getafe or new kids on the block do well like almeria, went there briefly on hols so that helps.. etc

Can't come to terms with depor beating shels in 2004, other shels fans support them & you can often see a depor fan ina shels jersey at matches behind the goal at the left, but i like to see them lose tbh :rolleyes:

Think i just like spanish football......

I wouldn't say I supported any team in Spain. I don't hugely follow the process of any club in particular either. But I do like Spanish football and it's an exciting attacking league. I generally follow how individuals are playing rather than teams though.

As for the best team to watch it has to be Barcelona or Valencia. Barcelona have the best attack in the world currently (I don't think anyone can argue with that) and they also play some really nice footy which makes them brilliant to watch. Valencia I like because there games are so open. They have a fierce attack with Villa, Silva, Pablo, Mata, Joaqiun, Michel, etc, and a poor, mistake prone defense (particularly Marchena) which means they score and concede a lot. Very good for the neutral to watch.

Although I'd have to say my fave teams outside of England (and the only two I properly follow) are CSKA and Udinese.

I follow Malaga :) Go on holiday there alot every year (6/7 times) and am lucky to see Malaga home games and I enjoy watching them cos they are the local team there. Even if they're on TV I shall watch them :)

Will look forward to seeing them in the future, some great stars coming through like Jesus Gamez and Adrian.. and the style of play is awesome! :D

I follow Villareal alot as i go there once a year and am lucky enough to see a home game i have been to 8 so far, and i have family out there

my favourite sides are

Cardiff

Liverpool

Villareal

and outside of England and Spain

AC Milan

I love the La Liga but the Prem will be the contest I'm always rooting for. I watch the La Liga a lot though. I love to see Barce play but I have Real Madrid TV and watch their games all the time they are stunning to watch and I like them more then Barcelona. But I don't support Madrid. Instead my La Liga team is Villarreal. Even though the La Liga is only Barce/Madrid I'm rooting for Villarreal to win the cup.

I like Athletic Bilbao purely because they are a one of a kind team. They have stayed in La Liga year after year despite never having a shirt sponsor and always using homegrown players (every player is Spanish right now :eek:) and they still produce players like Llorente:rolleyes:

top class

I think it's even more narrow than just being Spanish, they only sign players from the Basque provinces, so theorectically they could also sign a French player from one of their Basque regions without breaking their policy. I think Bixente Lizarazu has played for them for this reason. It is brilliant how they manage to overacheive though, they're my favourite Spanish team.

I do like Sevilla as well, purely for Enzo Maresca. B)

I HATE atletic de Bilbao, they have a prejudiced board of directors who ONLY use BASQUE players. They also form part of the partisan group who wants to independicize the BASQUE NATION?! So yea, if they would be only SPANISH, but they restrict it to only Basque. :mad::mad:

hmmm...im not the biggest fan of Spanish football, English and Italian mainly but if u were to ask what Spanish side i kinda follow, well it would have to be Real Sociedad well i used to anyways, bakc when thye had players like Mark Gozalez and Xabi Alonso....but now...dnt really watch spanish Football more Italian English and Brazilian (italian and braizlian on channel 5)

but i dont support any other team than the mighty HAMMERS, maybe Bologna a bit to but...no real spanish side...

I HATE atletic de Bilbao' date=' they have a prejudiced board of directors who ONLY use BASQUE players. They also form part of the partisan group who wants to independicize the BASQUE NATION?! So yea, if they would be only SPANISH, but they restrict it to only Basque. :mad::mad:[/quote']

prejudiced lol

Why cause they only use players from there own country? there more of everything than madrid could ever be ever or any club in existence.

Only reason you're a big club is because you can sell your assets at many times its value to your "local" government which paid for them assets in the first place.

makes me sick, madrid asa club makes me sick..

prejudiced lol

Why cause they only use players from there own country? there more of everything than madrid could ever be ever or any club in existence.

Only reason you're a big club is because you can sell your assets at many times its value to your "local" government which paid for them assets in the first place.

makes me sick' date=' madrid asa club makes me sick..[/quote']

And Madrid could care less what little haters like you think. We didn't become the most successful club in the history of Football by cheating...

And would care to explain that whole thing in bold. And Madrid is sick of little Haters like you.

I like Barcelona for the obvious reason of seeing the best team in the world play, it's like watching Santos' Games with Pele, Messi is the greatest and undisputed genius in currently activity in soccer, then there is the beauty and the universality of soccer, uniting 3 continents in their offensive line South America (Messi), Africa (Eto'o) and Europe (Henry).

The other team I like watching games is Villareal when Marcos Senna plays, He was a former Corinthians player, member of the Spanish national team, at at 34 is still as good and efficient as ever.

What I really don't like is Backminded-teams like the aforementioned Atlhetic Bilbao, Zaragoza and Espanyol, with racist supporters (I think there are more racist-supportive teams in Spain than in any other league in the world). I remember them calling Ronaldinho & Eto'o "Monitos" (little monkeys) when they played for Barça in '06. (I believe Netherland's Davids had the same problem there in a world cup qualifying game...) I believe instead of saying they use only Basque players out of principle to admit that they only use Basque players because they don't have any money. Because no company or enterprise would be mad or stupid enough to have their names related to Athletic "Spanish-K.K.K.".

That is the reason why Barça is at the lead with over 6 points in advantage and the racists Athletic Bilbao and Espanyol are struggling to escape relegation, and Zaragoza is in second division. There are no grounds today for racism in soccer.

Archived