Don't You Just Hate Chelsea?

Re: Don't You Just Hate Chelsea?

Why is it that people hate Chelsea so much and use the reasoning that its because they have in some way cheated the rest of the league by buying the championship? I strongly disagree. Chelsea have a rich owner who is willing to invest money to give themselves a chance of landing some top talent and becoming a strong team. All the big clubs have massive resources at their disposal' date=' does it make any difference if that income is generated through an individual or a group of supporters? The end result is still the same, the money they have available to them gives them a better chance of doing well.

Surely if this is the case, Manchester United were little horrors for going out and spending all that cash on Carrick, Ronaldo, Ferdinand, Rooney etc? And the same goes for Liverpool, Barca, Real Madrid etc etc. There is no difference between any of Europes superpowers, they ALL have vast sums of money and if they were honest, they couldnt care less where it comes from.

For the record, im a Hearts fan. There is always one that claims I must be a Chelsea supporter because I disagree lol :rolleyes:[/quote']

The main gripe people have is that Liverpool, United, Barca, Real all gained the money they have now through years of success and their riches were gained through an organic process. Chelsea on the other hand simply had a huge injection of cash on the back of nothing (compared to what Barca, Man U etc. had to do to build up their wealth).

Re: Don't You Just Hate Chelsea?

The main gripe people have is that Liverpool' date=' United, Barca, Real all gained the money they have now through years of success and their riches were gained through an organic process. Chelsea on the other hand simply had a huge injection of cash on the back of nothing (compared to what Barca, Man U etc. had to do to build up their wealth).[/quote']

Exactly. With United, Barca, Real etc, their success made them wealthy (allowing them to continue their success)... with Chelsea, their wealth made them successful.

Before Roman's Rubles, Chelsea had won very little, and I believe they were even in danger of following in the footsteps of Leeds (or at the very least Blackburn).

I don't hate Chelsea at all though. I just respect them a little bit less than teams who got to the top through years of hard graft.