TOLOI, Rafael (86) - 9C

Insider

• 3 weeks later...

Re: TOLOI, Rafael (84) - 8.5C

You can only watch the video if you are in Brazil, but the picture shows just about what happened in the final. Ayew wasn't going for ball, he was going for Toloi, and got him.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/Noticias/Times/Goias/0,,MUL1348508-9867,00-TOLOI+DEVE+FICAR+PARADO+POR+QUINZE+DIAS.html

He's expected to miss about 2 weeks. I'll keep searching for a video.

• 2 months later...
Guest BrandonBurrows

Thanks for recommending this player MsF. I got him early when he was rated 75. :)

Edit: Will rep you after I 'spread' some around.

• 5 weeks later...

"Toloi' date=' Toloi, Toloi, Toloi!" :D The crowd loves him! However, I'm wondering: what was he doing so far from his own side? Or is he one of those defenders, who love to go forward and take on opponents/shoot/etc. ?[/quote']

He's always there. In fact, he's the second leading scorer on Goias right now. THAT's why he's there. He knows that they are awful at scoring.

On the other hand, with Brazil, he goes up once in a while, but not too often. So it depends on the game situation. Smart player.

He's always there. In fact' date=' he's the second leading scorer on Goias right now. THAT's why he's there. He knows that they are awful at scoring.

On the other hand, with Brazil, he goes up once in a while, but not too often. So it depends on the game situation. Smart player.[/quote']

That made me chuckle a bit. If you're 2nd highest scorer is a center defender, you usually know that something is wrong!

Intelligence and reading-football are actually very important to all defenders. I'd rather have a less skillful defender who's able to read the game and knows how to use his head ( :P ) than a big, strong, fast defender who's not very good at reading the game and can't use his head.

He's always there. In fact' date=' he's the second leading scorer on Goias right now. THAT's why he's there. He knows that they are awful at scoring.

On the other hand, with Brazil, he goes up once in a while, but not too often. So it depends on the game situation. Smart player.[/quote']

Very smart play, but doesnt look good if he is second leading top scorer for Goias :(, may put more pressure on the defence but i suppose big players for there club try to move the ball foward when they can, i've seen John Terry do it quite a few times :), With skill on the ball like that he could easilly do what Thiago Silva did and got a big club outside Brazil? any news on any transfer rumours for him?

• 3 weeks later...

Re: TOLOI, Rafael

Wondered who had written up about him when I saw his name in all the GC overviews.

Looked fairly solid from what I saw at the u20's' date=' [b']but the words Brazilian and Defender in the same sentence? Really?[/b] :P

Toloi will probably be the hottest defender to have on your squad this summer.

Ah how it's good to reread sometimes :D

Re: TOLOI, Rafael (84) - 9C

Re: http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=941331#post941331

People have been asking me to justify why I think Toloi is a safe bet for a 93/94.

Well, first of all, you need to realize that I try to never make any claim that I cannot backup. I don't know the last time that I've said that I think someone will go that high.

There are a few factors that make me say it about Toloi, and they are factors that come with the constant analysis of a player. I'm not sure there are many people in the world who have kept as close an eye on the player as I have. So here goes.

1) His Natural Ability

You can have everything going for you in the world, but if you don't have the ability, you arn't going to make it. Toloi has it. He is one of the best jumpers you will find and has great height to boot. He is, as mentionned already, a bit of a mix between Naldo and Piqué. His leaping ability comes in handy in the box offensively as well, and he tends to bring the ball up once in a while as well.

He is also a very intelligent player, amongst the leaders in tackles. He can slide, jump and anticipate plays, so is a very valuably commidity defensively. However, if ability were the only thing, every one of these scouting posts would be superstars. Here are a few others things about Toloi that I've noticed that tell me that 93/94 might just be a possibility.

2) His Constant Bookings

He was in the top 2 most booked players last year. So why the heck is this a good thing? Well, when an 18 year old defender gets booked, it's uncommon to see him keep playing with as much aggressivity and willingness to go into hard tackles. He's learning, but he's definately not shying away, which is good. His cards are never stupid challenges either. In fact, that's the one thing that worries me about if he goes to Italy. Italians are a strange breed who tend to dive a lot, even moreso then Brazilians. I remember one of his reds clearly, a massive flop by (who else?) Dagoberto. But he's learning, and he's a smart kid.

3) His Attitude/Moral Fibre

Goias are not the best team out there. They tend to get scored on a lot. Not the kid's fault, they just are really bad. As mentionned by someone else though, there isn't an ounce of quit in the kid. They can allow 5 goals, and he's still running up and down, putting everything into every tackle.

Add to this that he is a leader and an example to follow for the other players. He nearly broke his ankle late in the Ghana/Brazil U20 final without any subs left. You could tell he was in extreme pain, yet he soldiered on through ET and was possibly the best player. As the youngest player, he was considered for Captain before they gave it to Giuliano.

If Toloi can get to 91/92, then he's a safe bet for 93/94. Because if he gets to the NT, by the time he's 25/26 he'll be Captain. All he needs to do is get on the team. He has all the leadership qualities and is a player that others look to, he's just got that quality to him.

• 1 month later...

Re: TOLOI, Rafael (86) - 9C

2:30 in. RARELY do you see a defender pull something like that off. Nevermind a 19 year old one.

This boy is special.

EDIT: This game is against their big rivals, Atletico Goianiense, another Serie A team who you will hear a lot about in the coming months, as they have very good buys like Elias and Robston.

Sorry Insider but that youtube vid is poor quality does toloi score the last goal? And id toloi the defender sliding in twice to have the ball go between his legs on both occasions unfortunatley for him ?

I have bought Toloi in most of my set ups but have only seen him on your youtube vids will he get a move to Europe this year or will it be next year?.

Juve could do with himthere leaking goals like the tittanic but surely a Spanish team would seem more like home for him>

Sorry Insider but that youtube vid is poor quality does toloi score the last goal? And id toloi the defender sliding in twice to have the ball go between his legs on both occasions unfortunatley for him ?

I have bought Toloi in most of my set ups but have only seen him on your youtube vids will he get a move to Europe this year or will it be next year?.

Juve could do with himthere leaking goals like the tittanic but surely a Spanish team would seem more like home for him>

Italy is where he's rumoured, mainly Juve and Milan.

He scores the last goal. Joao Paulo is the poor defender who gets embarrassed twice, if I'm not mistaken :D

Edit: Second Atletico goal, Toloi tries to block the cross, not involved in the screwup. For the pen, Toloi was waiting in the box to defend. Last goal is the keepers fault.

• 2 weeks later...