5 Benfica loanees that you may want to keep your eye on

I´ve been searching the database for underrated Portuguese 2nd division loaned prospects, and I found a couple of them. They are all from Benfica and are great prospects for the future. Some of them might have been already mentioned, but I don´t care. Also note that I have done a similar thread for Porto (5 Porto loanees that you may want to keep your eye on):

Alexandre RUBEN LIMA

Position: LB

Club: Desportivo Aves

Games, minutes played and goals scored: 15(+4)/1360/1

Current rating: 76

Predicted rating: 80

Verdict: Buy him and try to keep hold of him after the rise. He is the youngster with more probabilities of integrating Benfica´s team next year due to the lack of players in that position.

Manuel IVAN SANTOS

Position: Wing/Fwd

Club: Boavista

Games, minutes played and goals scored: 5(+15)/700/0

Current rating: 75

Predicted rating: 78

Verdict: It depends on where he goes next season. You might want to keep him until I update this regarding the players future clubs.

UPDATE: I reduced his predicted rating by 1 because Boavista is currently last in the 2nd Division.

Oliveira ROMEU RIBEIRO

Position: DM

Club: Desportivo Aves

Games, minutes played and goals scored: 14(+10)/1420/1

Current rating: 78

Predicted rating: 82

Verdict: Buy and KEEP him. Future NT international.

Filipe ANDRE CARVALHAS

Position: AM/LM

Club: Olhanense

Games, minutes played and goals scored: 2(+8)/210/0

Current rating: 75

Predicted rating: 77

Verdict: Might not worth an immediate investment, but keep an eye on him.

Alexandre Jesus MIGUEL ROSA

Position: CM

Club: Estoril

Games, minutes played and goals scored: 11(+6)/950/3

Current rating: 76

Predicted rating: 79

Verdict: May worth the long term investment, so try to buy him after he gets added. Will probably stay in a top 2nd division side in the next season.

UPDATE: Added 1 to his predicted rating after analysing the stats again and taking into consideration Estoril´s 4th place tied with Feirense. Also changed the verdict as he will stay most likely in the 2nd division again.

Re: 5 Benfica loanees that you may want to keep your eye on

Hello DerbyPower' date=' i'm very interested to know more about Romeu Ribeiro. Do you think he'll keep his DM or change to other position? And who will back to Benfica next season from those 5 players?[/quote']

Yes, he will keep his position, or at most will change to DM/CM or CM/DM. I don´t watch Desportivo Aves games so I´m not sure where from this two positions he plays most. As for your second question, I believe it will be Ruben Lima and Romeu Ribeiro. The first one due to the notorious lack of LB in Benfica´s team (Jorge Ribeiro is the only one and even so he is terrible) and he is perfect for a backup to an eventuall signing. The second one not only due to his quality but also because Katsouranis will leave, and Binya is definitely not a football player, which equalls a lack of midfielders in the team. Oh, and another youngster who will probably integrate Benfica´s team is the Ghana´s prodigy Ishmael Yartey. He hasn´t played any competitive match though, so he isn´t on the database (see my thread about him here). This is just a guess though, but I´m 90% sure this is what will happen :)

hey derbypower.

thanks for these finds they helped me out alot

Glad I could help B)

I´ve updated the original post with new stats (didn´t count this week´s fixtures though as they are not over yet) and also added the goals scored by each one. In some players I added a update note. I will update this for the last time next week, before the Portuguese ratings take place. I did the same thing for my Porto thread (5 Porto loanees that you may want to keep your eye on.)

EDIT: Added this week´s fixtures.

See the reason why I´m doing this in my latest post in the Porto thread (5 Porto loanees you may want to keep your eyes on)

Alexandre RUBEN LIMA +1

Totally disagreed with his rating. I would have understand the 79, maybe even a 78, but 77 is too low. It is really a shame that SM is doing these ratings changes solely based on stats without at least one expert support :(

Manuel IVAN SANTOS - No rise

Using as a mold some other player´s ratings change today, I change my prediction to +1. But he deserved a bit higher...

Edit: No rise at all

Oliveira ROMEU RIBEIRO - No rise

It´s hard to believe, but apparently Romeu Ribeiro won´t get any rise whatsoever as most of Aves players had their rate reviewed by now. Truly unbelievable :confused:. I case I´m wrong, and SM is still due to change is rating, he won´t get a higher rise than +1.

Edit: No rise at all. Absolutely laughable...

Filipe ANDRE CARVALHAS - No rise

He got no rise, but it is understandable, he has played very few minutes.

Alexandre Jesus MIGUEL ROSA - No rise

Estoril´s players haven´t been reviewed yet. I will reduce the predicted rating by 2 though, to 77, as he isn´t the standard of Romeu Ribeiro and SM is underrating the second division.

Edit: No rise at all

Updated the player´s ratings and did the same thing for my other thread (5 Porto loanees that you may want to keep your eyes on). Also, I will quote my latest post there:

Ok, I updated this last post with all the ratings changes of the players. Frankly I am quite disappointed with the 2nd league review. It is very unfair that players like Zequinha get no rise, and players like Orlando Sa get an instant +12 rise.

Anyway, I won´t be updating this in a while, as the next Portuguese reviews are months away. I´ll update this once I know of the player´s new clubs.

The same thing applies here.

Benfica is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I don´t think so. How can a club currently occupying the 3rd place of a rather weak league (and even so, the 3rd place is threaten by Nacional), totally HUMILIATED in the UEFA Cup in a relatively easy group (Metalist, Olympiakos, Hertha and Galatasaray aren´t, with all due respect to their fans, exactly world class teams) and knocked out of the domestic cup by a team that has, what, a 30x lower budget than Benfica?, be "the best"? Guess again... B)

No' date=' I don´t think so. How can a club currently occupying the 3rd place of a rather weak league (and even so, the 3rd place is threaten by Nacional), totally HUMILIATED in the UEFA Cup in a relatively easy group (Metalist, Olympiakos, Hertha and Galatasaray aren´t, with all due respect to their fans, exactly world class teams) and knocked out of the domestic cup by a team that has, what, a 30x lower budget than Benfica?, be "the best"? Guess again... B)[/quote']

BENFICA IS THE BEST!!! PORTO ONLY STEAL AND BUY THE REFEREE!!! xD:cool:

In this moment, Porto is the best portuguese team!! Benfica with Quique is very bad!!

BENFICA IS THE BEST!!! PORTO ONLY STEAL AND BUY THE REFEREE!!! xD:cool:

In this moment' date=' Porto is the best portuguese team!! Benfica with Quique is very bad!![/quote']

Typicall frustrated Benfica fan... :rolleyes: Of course we steal. That is why we are on par with ManU in terms of CL presences. That is why we get through the Groups Phase almost every year, against high calibre teams. Because, we steal. That is why Porto sell one or two players per year for fees approaching the 20-30M to the top clubs of Europe. Because we steal. That is why we buy players like Cissokho for 400.000 Euros, and a couple of months latter he is already valued in 6M, whilst Benfica buys the reserve players of the top teams, like Balboa, for high fees, only to have them as bench warmers, and even when they play, they are a disgrace. Because we steal. That is why Benfica is overrun by debts. Because we steal. That is why the top teams respect us when they play against Porto, as they know that even if they are considered favourites, they will have trouble in knocking us out. Because we steal. That is why Benfica doesn´t have more than 10 titles ever since Portugal has become a democratic country (let´s just say the dictator liked Benfica a lot). Because we STEAL. ;)

But get over it. At least you´re in 3rd, instead of the last year´s 4th. But be careful, Nacional is only 3 points behind... B)

good finds

Thanks. Keep an eye on this thread as some players in it will play in the first division next year.

• 11 months later...

After take look at this thread i decided to do a small update.

Ruben Lima: Actually plays in Vitoria de Setubal (on loan). This season he played 1624 minutes and is a starter could have a small rise.

Ivan Santos: Actually plays in Atletico (on loan) in the portuguese 3rd league. Nothing to say about him

Romeu Ribeiro: Actually plays in Trofense (on loan) in the 2nd league. He only played 684 minutes.

Andre Carvalhas:Actually plays in Fatima (on loan) in the 2nd league. He played 1318 minutes and scored 1 goal this season.

Miguel Rosa: Actually plays in Carregado (on loan) in the 2nd league and he is one of the best players in the league. Played 1955 minutes and scored 9 goals being one of the best goalscorers short time ago he saw is contract renewed and next season will probably play in the 1st portuguese division.