5 Porto loanees that you may want to keep your eye on

DerbyPower

I did an other thread with the same topic, but about 5 Benfica loanees instead (5 Benfica loanees that you may want to keep your eye on). OK, this thread is just about 2nd division loaned players that are nice risers and prospects for the future. Once again, I don´t know if any has been mentioned, but my guess is that they weren´t. I will keep this updated, mainly regarding transfers of these players:

Andre CASTRO

Position: CM

Club: Olhanense

Games, minutes played and goals scored: 25(+2)/2250/2

Current rating: 75

Predicted rating: 81

Verdict: Along with Djalmir (Olhanense striker and best goalscorer of the second division) and the winger Ukra (see my thread about Porto´s future prospects), the star of Olhanense, who will achieve direct promotion to the 1st division. Keep him as he will probably follow Olhanense to the 1st division to continue his carreer.

Manuel PEDRO MOREIRA

Position: AM/Wing

Club: Boavista

Games, minutes played and goals scored: 23(+0)/2020/2

Current rating: 76

Predicted rating: 80

Verdict: First choice for Boavista, Pedro Moreira is proving to be an unexpected surprise. With accurate passing (has 5 assistances as of date) and dribbling skills, he may well get loaned to a first division side, or at least to a top 2nd division side as Boavista will likely get relegated.

Couto RUI PEDRO

Position: Fwd

Club: Portimonense

Games, minutes played and goals scored: 10(+10)/940/0

Current rating: 74

Predicted rating: 77

Verdict: One of the most promising loanees, however he is not performing very well this season, with little time played and no goals scored. Will continue in the 2nd division next year. May not be worth the investment now.

UPDATE: Reduced his predicted rating by 1 after realizing he hasn´t scored any goal, which isn´t very good for a striker and that adding to the fact that his current team, Portimonense, is fighting to stay in the 2nd Division.

Jose Egas ZEQUINHA

Position: Fwd

Club: Gil Vicente

Games, minutes played and goals scored: 21(+4)/1800/5

Current rating: 77

Verdict: Former U-21 prodigy, almost screwed his career after being banned for almost one season for unprofessional behaviour with a referee during an international match. Has been somewhat influential this season and will most likely have an experience with a 1st division club.

UPDATE: Raised his predicted rating by 1 after checking the stats again and reading some reports on him.

Almeida ANDRE PINTO

Position: CB (should change to CB/RB)

Club: Santa Clara

Games, minutes played and minutes played: 25/2250/3

Current rating: 75

Verdict: MUST BUY. Many appoint to his return to Porto, to play the role of team rotation. Has been rock solid in Santa Clara´s defence, and it is no coincidence that they sit on top of the table.

UPDATE: Raised Pinto´s predicted rating by one due to the amount of minutes played, goals scored and quality shown.

Re: 5 Porto loanees that you may want to keep your eye on

I´ve updated the original post with new stats (didn´t count this week´s fixtures though as they are not over yet) and also added the goals scored by each one. In some players I added a update note. I will update this for the last time next week, before the Portuguese ratings take place. I did the same thing for my Benfica thread(5 Benfica loanees that you may want to keep your eye on).

EDIT: Added this week´s fixtures

The Portuguese ratings have started and one of these loanees has had it´s rating reviwed, Andre Pinto. He got a +3, up to 78. Which I find outrageous for a player that has played over 2000 minutes, has scored 3 goals (not bad for a CB) and plays in a team that is currently first in the 2nd league. He has been one of the best players in Santa Clara! If Andre Pinto has been reviewed like this, I can´t imagine how the other will be. :rolleyes: Shame...

How do I send a ticket regarding a player´s unfair rating? Is it through the "Database Updates" -» "Player Updates"?

I am very disappointed to see how SM is rating the Portuguese second division. I failed in all of my predictions (not all have been done yet, but still...) as I never thought SM would "punish" the second division so much. As such I must apologize to those who bought these players on a buy-and-sell scale, as they will probably have minimal profit To those who bought them on a future prospect basis, you will be rewarded in time :).

So, regarding the players in this thread, the ratings change were the following:

Andre CASTRO - +3 -» 78

I was expecting a bigger rise for him. He has been really instrumental on Olhanense´s title challenge. 81, like I said in the beginning, may be a bit exaggerated, but at least 79/80 would be more than deserved.

Manuel PEDRO MOREIRA - +1 -» 77

I predicted an 80, but seeing how the ratings are working, I believe he will get a 78 instead. Which again doesn´t really match his ability, and not close to what he is doing this season.

Edit: He got a rise even lower than I expected. Probably due to Boavista´s last place in the league (EDIT: Not anymore)

Couto RUI PEDRO - No rise

I will further reduce his predicted rating by 1, down to 76. If he gets this rating, I believe it is justified. A lower rise, or no rise at all, would be too harsh.

Edit: He got no rise at all.

Jose Egas ZEQUINHA - No rise

I will reduce his predicted rating by 2, up to 79. Seeing that SM is giving a +2 to every player that is doing a good season, I believe this is what he will get.

Edit: He got no rise at all.

Almeida ANDRE PINTO - +3 -» 78

See my previous post.

Regarding the new players there wasn´t anyone interesting added, aside from the Ivorian Stephane (plays in Olhanense). He is a left back, also on loan from Porto and is worth to check out. Carlão was also an interesting add, and I made a thread on him (Carlão - Portugal´s new phenomenon).

I will do this same update for my Benfica thread (5 Benfica loanees that you may want to keep your eyes on).

Cheers

Ok, I updated this last post with all the ratings changes of the players. Frankly I am quite disappointed with the 2nd league review. It is very unfair that players like Zequinha get no rise, and players like Orlando Sa get an instant +12 rise.

Anyway, I won´t be updating this in a while, as the next Portuguese reviews are months away. I´ll update this once I know of the player´s new clubs.

• 3 months later...

hi mate have chance to buy some of these players as my gold championship has just started... any of these still at there respected clubs...any thoughts especially on Castro or Zequinha?

Hey mate, sorry for the late answer. Castro and Zequinha are in Olhanense, which was proimoted to the first division. Both of them may see hefty rises as I believe they will be starters. Cheers.