Operation-A | Chelsea EC3467

epl.gif

Yesterday, I took over Chelsea in EC3467, after numerous attempts throughout these Easter Holidays to get them. In hope of improving my writing skills i'm going to keep you updated with their progress and i hope you enjoy reading. Thanks, and if possible i would prefer if people didnt post on the thread, and it's just left for my match reports/posts. Cheers, Adam

Re: Operation-A | Chelsea EC3467

251_front_small.gif21_1203862898.gif250_front_small.gif

New Man At Stamford Bridge - Chelsea F.C

It's been since late 2006, when 'The Special One', left his post at Chelsea as First Team Coach, but unfortunately for Chelsea, since then they've never settled with a new first team coach. Avram Grant and 'Big Phil' Scolari took the job with good intentions but failed at the first hurdle and were sacked in quick succession. So back to reality, we have to question if there is anyone that can take Chelsea back to their glory days with Mourinho. Late into the Morning of the 16th April 2009, Roman Abramovich and Peter Kenyon held talks well into the night over the appointment of the vacant manegerial post with many names being linked with the job including Guus Hiddink & Fabio Capello. But as the clock struck 11AM, Representatives of the Chelsea Backroom Staff, held a sudden press conference confirming their arrival of the new manager. As Peter Kenyon stepped into the boardroom, many journalists expected Hiddink or Capello to follow. But No, None arrived except that of Young Manager Adam Selby. Fairly unknown in the football industry, Selby had only ever managed clubs at grassroots level, but for some reason Abramovich and Kenyon managed to lure Selby to manage Chelsea ready for the 09/10 Season.

STS_mourinho_503081a.jpg

Nobody Has Been Able To Live Up To The Success Of Mourinho, But A Sense Of Optimism Is Shown With The Appointment Of Selby

In a brief statement, Selby was said to be delighted that Kenyon and Abramovich had enlisted their trust in him for the upcoming season, and Selby feels inside that he is definetly the right man for the job, and believes he can take Chelsea to Domestic and European Success. However, Selby stated that Changes to the current squad would need to made, in order for his plans to happen and to be as successful. With 24 Hours gone, Selby acted quickly which is to see Porteuguesse flop Ricardo Quaresma move to Manchester City in a swap deal involving Nedum Ounouha and Ex-Chelsea winger Shaun Wright Phillips. Selby said this is just one step, to boosting the overall squad, and preparing the English outfit for a tough and challenging season ahead.

sangtanAP460.jpg

Shaun Wright Phillips Moves Back To Stamford Bridge Along With Nedum Ounhoa, Which See's Ricardo Quaresma Transfer To Manchester City.