Alfredo Ribeiro "Fredy" - The new Nani

I spotted another emerging talent in the Portuguese league. I´m talking about Fredy, who recently played his first minutes with his team Belenenses.

fredy-cf-os-belenenses.jpg

Name: Alfredo Gomes Ribeiro "Fredy"

Nationality: Portuguese/Angolean

Date of Birth: 1990-03-27 (19 years)

Position: Winger or forward

Height: 169 cm

Weight: 69 Kg

Club: Belenenses

Database status: On database, 74 rated

Fredy is one of the three youngsters that where promoted to Belenenses´s first team this season, the other being Pele and André Almeida (both not on the database). A young star in ascension, many consider him as the new Nani due to the similarities between the two players style of play. He has played roughly 40 minutes this season, and his main qualities are his speed and his tirelessness.

He began his career playing as a striker, but the lack of height thrown him to the winger position, and sometimes to the offensive midfielder role. One of his specialities are the set pieces: free kicks and direct corner kicks, as he has scored some spectacular goals this way.

I will send the ticket to add him, and update this afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Alfredo Ribeiro "Fredy" - The new Nani

What sort of rating to you expect for him next?

Difficult to say. He got added in this ratings change, so any potential rise would only come in the next one. Considering the next one will take a couple of months to take place, I will need to wait before emitting any judgement. You see, he may be loaned out for example, and get more games there. However, he has played in the last 2 games (on as a sub), so I believe he will play some more minutes before the end of the season. And depending on his performances, he may well stay at the club. Still, his club, Belenenses, is fighting for relegation, which could in turn mine his 1st team chances.

If you want you want to buy him, this may not be the best time to do it, as you would only pay unnecessary wages. Just keep a tab on him (shortlist) and make a move only if there appear other interested managers. And even so don´t forget he is, after all, a gamble. He may not turn into what everyone tipps him into, although according to his exhibitions, I doubt it. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Fredy played another 30 minutes in Belenenses last fixture. He really impressed, his dribbling capacity exceled me. However, it wasn´t enough to prevent Belenenses relegation. Perhaps now he will play more minutes, and a transfer is in the cards as well. Also, he can chose whether to play for the Portuguese NT or the Angolean NT, but he hasn´t made a choice yet.

• 1 month later...

Belenenses will stay in the first division due to Estrela da Amadora´s relegation due to financial debts, and Fredy is set to take part in the team´s 2009/2010 campaign. I will accompany him in the Portuguese extensive thread (link in my sig). Without further notice, I believe this thread can be closed :).

Are you saying he's worth it? :eek::D And look where he ended up :eek: No one should buy him just cause of that!

I can assure you that in Sporting he definitely deserved the 90.

No one should buy him just cause of that!

So' date=' what you are saying is that no one should buy him just because he can reach 90? OK mate... :rolleyes:

And why so much fuss because of a comparison? The coaches who work with him probably know better than us both what he is capable of.

great find , buying him right now :)

Good. I´m not guaranteeing that he will reach 90, but if he plays more minutes, which I believe will happen, he can be in for at least a decent rise.

Well done DerbyPower. Very impressive.

Also im not put off by the comparison to Nani. I wouldnt mind if he gets up to 90 rating from his poor 74 rating even if he doesnt go higher.

Also nani plays for a big club (Man Utd) and if Fredy was then this would great for his career.

Glad to see someone who does not judge the player based on a comparison made by coaches :). About his rating, Belenenses will stay in the first division, but I don´t know if the manager will play with wingers. If he does, I can see Fredy rise to high 70´s or provided he cements a first team place, he can get up to low 80´s. I guess we will have to wait for the league to begin.

• 7 months later...

How's he likely to do in the next rises seeing Belenenses are doing poorly?

Is he likely to move on to a bigger club or should i sell him before he drops?

He is a talented kid, but I can't see him develop much more in Belenenses. You may want to keep him until the summer, when the the transfer window opens, and see what happens then. If you really need cash, sell him.