Chelsea player ratings - what gives?

I don't want this to be too much about the team Chelsea, as much as the players and how they are rated on SoccerManager. I don't understand how Lampard, Anelka and Mikel were all denied rises, and I would love to hear people's thoughts.

Sure Lampard already has a high rating, but he is back starting for England, he's scored a ton of goals for a midfielder, including some Champions League goals, and has played enormous minutes for one of the top teams in the world (Champions League final last year, 2nd in the Premiership, Champions League semi-finals this year, still contending for the title). How can Gerrard possibly be 2 points higher than him? I could see a point, but 2?

Anelka is the leading scorer this season in the Premiership - A hefty task. Sure he is not playing as much now that Drogba has reclaimed his spot, but what about the whole first part of the season? He played in the Champions League. What more does he have to do? He is the highest scorer - isn't that the ultimate measure for a striker?

Finally, Mikel is the most obvious riser for me, but nothing was given. The guy came in and filled in for Essien, who is rated 95, and performed admirably. He did not fill his shoes exactly, but in the first serious spell of first-team action in his career he did quite well. Again, what more does he have to do? He's not a goal scorer. He did what he was asked to do. He played in the Champions League as well.

I don't want to accuse anyone of bias here, I just thought I understood what was required for a rise in this game, and the fact that they were denied is perplexing. I welcome responses....

Re: Chelsea player ratings - what gives?

You make a good point there. However, that speaks to the team as a whole, not those specific players. I agree that overall Chelsea stayed a strong team on SoccerManager, and a number of those you mentioned could have dropped, but these are individual players that are not necessarily all on the same team in the game....

Lampard - can't be 96 like Xavi cause Xavi is too much better than him also Iniesta its better than Lampard so no rise for him

Anelka - are u crazy anelka to be 93 like Del Piero only if Del Piero get 95 he can be 93 ;)

and for mikel its not better than muntari to be higher than him ;)

if Essien continue his great plays he must be 96 ;)

Lampard is good but he's no 96 anymore. There's no way he's as good as Xavi and I don't think he's any better than the likes of Iniesta or Cambiasso.

As for Anelka. He has scored a lot of goals but that's more through his physical presence than his skill as a footballer. Giving him a 93 would be saying he's as good as van Persie or Del Piero, which I don't think many people would agree with.

If he retains his goal scoring form then he'll probably rise next time.

Lampard is good but he's no 96 anymore. There's no way he's as good as Xavi and I don't think he's any better than the likes of Iniesta or Cambiasso.

As for Anelka. He has scored a lot of goals but that's more through his physical presence than his skill as a footballer. Giving him a 93 would be saying he's as good as van Persie or Del Piero' date=' which I don't think many people would agree with

If he retains his goal scoring form then he'll probably rise next time.[/quote']

lampard deserves a rise, hes got more assists and only one less goal than the 97 rated gerrard. but hes not as good as xavi and thats why they should both go up, lampard 96, xavi 97. as for cambiasso being better i think all you have done is look at the ratings in the game and guessed, because he only has 2 assists and 2 goals all year, ive watched him a couple of times and i would say he needs to be downrated. as for iniesta, i like him but he doesn't score as many goals or get as many assists, this is disapointing considering the ability of the defences in spain.

as for anelka, i struggle to see why he didn't get a rise and van persie did, they should have both gone up, or neither because anelka has scored 15 goals this year in 27 starts, which is better than one goal in two games. as for anelka only scoring because he has physical presence i don't agree, his first touch is very good and his finishing is very good.plus he wouldn't be the same level as del piero for long because he will go up.

While i agree they all should have rose' date=' failing to drop Carvalho, Essien, Kalou and Malouda makes up for it.[/quote']

exactly - and anelka has scored a lot but hasnt played like a top scorer in the prem whereas RVP has been playing well but not getting the stats of anelka, if essien dropped then it would be fair to raise mikel and lampard to be fair deserved a 96 but kalou, carvalho and malouda stayed the same so it all evens itself out

lampard deserves a rise' date=' hes got more assists and only one less goal than the 97 rated gerrard. but hes not as good as xavi and thats why they should both go up, lampard 96, xavi 97. [b']as for cambiasso being better i think all you have done is look at the ratings in the game and guessed, because he only has 2 assists and 2 goals all year[/b], ive watched him a couple of times and i would say he needs to be downrated. as for iniesta, i like him but he doesn't score as many goals or get as many assists, this is disapointing considering the ability of the defences in spain.

mate you cant judge a player like cambiasso on goals and assists. He wont rise, but hes been very consistent for inter, great in the first leg against manchester united.

On topic, i think Lampard 96 Xavi 97 Gerrard 97. Lampard is a real leader for chelsea and deserves a rise. Anelka should have rised as well, no way is he 3 behind drogba and totti!

I know im a bit late to this post but it kinder caught my eye...

As we all know fully well when it comes to rating on Soccer manager things can always get confusing and/or touchy. There are waaaaaay many aspects of the footballing world to take into consideration when trying to rate players in this Lampard, xavi, Gerrard etc etc... La Liga Vs Prem Vs Serie A or whatever order suits you. But if we're dealing with those players above then its even more harder to make comparison to each and everyone of them...

If i can put forth my opinion and maybe shed some light, ill i RESPECT what jamie Jacka i completely hear and understand what SPRUNGMONKEY is saying in his/or her first line in their argument... I mean LAMPS is not XAVI or even 'better' than him BUT i DO feel LAMPS is more ENFLUENTIAL to chelsea than Xavi is to BarCa. Hear me out please,,,,,, If you take LAMPS/GERRO out of the chelsea or Liverpool line ups THEYRE a very very diff team WHEREAS leaving Xavi out a BarCa team things (at times!!!) seem to still run like clockwork, obviously you CANT and NEVER EVER replace a quality footballing brain as these players clearly possess,,, My Second point is alot is made from the OLD Premiership quality against the rest of europe, with all due respect to all the other teams in La Liga Serie A (again im only dealing with the names and leagues mentioned...) LAMPS, GERRARD and even XAVI's overall game hasnt really improved over the last 2-3 seasons BUT theyve all fine TUNED their respective crafts so to mutual fan or even a honest soccer manager curator they would be hard pressed to find any improvements in them... If alone we're dealing with CONSISTENCY then YES even CAMBIASSO should throw his own hat into the ring,,, I mean come guys he's been one of the MOST CONSISTENT players over the last 2,3 or 4 seasons dating back to even my team Real Madrid, as for INIESTA again here's a player who RARELY has a poor match. In a 38 Match LEAGUE season HE'S GOOD for at least 28-33 of them give or take injuries REST periods and/or subs appearences...

So in closing us as fans, players or pure footballing scholars we will always have quarms about rating, POTY awards, whos HOT and whos NOT etc etc

:confused: :confused: :confused::D :D :D :D :D