CalcioItalia's Italian Ratings

CalcioItalia

Re: CalcioItalia's Italian Ratings

But if you've never seen Hulk play' date=' how on earth are you even remotely qualified to say that Balotelli is "way better than Hulk"? If you haven't seen the two players play, then there isn't a chance that you can make a fair comparison or evaluate them conclusively.[/quote']

True, I haven't seen full game by Hulk, but I've seen pieces and highlights of them. You can see the power this player has and his versatility, but I think that is well matched by Balotelli, as he can play side forward or centre forward, and is able to provide assists, dribble, and be dangerous from both positions. Hulk became known last year; Balotelli 2 years ago, and he is 5 years younger. Just look at the progression.

True' date=' I haven't seen full game by Hulk, but I've seen pieces and highlights of them. You can see the power this player has and his versatility, but I think that is well matched by Balotelli, as he can play side forward or centre forward, and is able to provide assists, dribble, and be dangerous from both positions. Hulk became known last year; Balotelli 2 years ago, and he is 5 years younger. Just look at the progression.[/quote']

Well u are talking nonsense Balotelli is in the news more because he thinks in his head he has made it.. He hardly got games last season was dropped due to poor attitude, Gets sent off in the rare games he makes a start.. Hulk is a monster..

Well u are talking nonsense Balotelli is in the news more because he thinks in his head he has made it.. He hardly got games last season was dropped due to poor attitude' date=' Gets sent off in the rare games he makes a start.. Hulk is a monster..[/quote']

i have to agree with this. Balotelli is very dissapointing because he is one of those players who thinks he is alot better than he really is. it's clear he is very talented, but he has done absolutely nothing. He came out and said things implicitly suggesting he would play for Ghana if he is not picked for the Italy squad for WC2010. i think based on that we can assume he will be playing for Ghana in the future, because he is 0 chance of him being called up in the near future. At the moment, he is nowhere near good enough. he doesnt have the discipline, work ethic, or maturity to deserve a place in the senior squad. Plus, there are about half a dozen italian strikers who are actually better than him at this moment in time.

i have to agree with this. Balotelli is very dissapointing because he is one of those players who thinks he is alot better than he really is. it's clear he is very talented' date=' but he has done absolutely nothing. He came out and said things implicitly suggesting he would play for Ghana if he is not picked for the Italy squad for WC2010. i think based on that we can assume he will be playing for Ghana in the future, because he is 0 chance of him being called up in the near future. At the moment, he is nowhere near good enough. he doesnt have the discipline, work ethic, or maturity to deserve a place in the senior squad. Plus, there are about half a dozen italian strikers who are actually better than him at this moment in time.[/quote']

Is it safe to say he can be considered a semi-flop then? Was close to getting him for one of my teams, but having second thoughts now. :confused:

i think he is definitely one for the future. but not the near-future' date=' if you get my gist[/quote']

Okay thanks. I think I'll proceed with the deal, my initial intentions when purchasing him was for the long-term future anyhow.

EDIT: How's Bocchetti Mr Liucci? He's a regular call-up to the Azzurri fold if I'm not wrong. Well he made the last squad, that I know. Also Kjaer, he looking on course to become a good defender? I first knew about Bocchetti btw from one of your posts, he was then rated 84. He were raving about his qualities, which brought my attention to him.

Okay thanks. I think I'll proceed with the deal' date=' my initial intentions when purchasing him was for the long-term future anyhow.

EDIT: How's Bocchetti Mr Liucci? He's a regular call-up to the Azzurri fold if I'm not wrong. Well he made the last squad, that I know. Also Kjaer, he looking on course to become a good defender? I first knew about Bocchetti btw from one of your posts, he was then rated 84. He were raving about his qualities, which brought my attention to him.[/quote']

bocchetti should get a +1 imo

kjaer a +2 ,

Thanks' date=' actually I was wondering on how their performances are as I know their rating predictions ;) Thanks for your help anyway.[/quote']

Both have been playing very well, and Bocchetti made his debut for Italy when Grosso was subbed of in the 2nd half;)

Thanks' date=' actually I was wondering on how their performances are as I know their rating predictions ;) Thanks for your help anyway.[/quote']

both been brilliant for Club and Country, Kjaer one of the main reasons Denmark are going to the World Cup, rock at the back.

and Bocchetti like said above played a few times for Italy know and looks very good this season playing well.:)

Okay thanks. I think I'll proceed with the deal' date=' my initial intentions when purchasing him was for the long-term future anyhow.

EDIT: How's Bocchetti Mr Liucci? He's a regular call-up to the Azzurri fold if I'm not wrong. Well he made the last squad, that I know. Also Kjaer, he looking on course to become a good defender? I first knew about Bocchetti btw from one of your posts, he was then rated 84. He were raving about his qualities, which brought my attention to him.[/quote']

on top of those things i have described about his particular style, Bocchetti’s performance this season so far has been solid. He has pretty much consolidated everything good that made lippi first pick him for the senior squad last season. I think it will be a juggle between him criscito and santon on who will be grosso’s cover at LB for the WC next year with motta covering for RB. Cassani is also another name in the hat, but most of them will be in the squad anyway. So far bocchetti definitely features in Lippi’s plans, if not as an immediate regular, but at least a versatile and useful squad player. At LB him and santon are defensive-minded options, while criscito is a more attack minded player. Realistically, at the moment, bocchetti has no chance of playing CB, his preferred position, for the national side, because there are too many older and more experienced heads ahead of him. LB is his best chance, even though he doesn’t actually play in that position for genoa. But then, criscito doesn’t play LB for genoa either, because genoa doesn’t play natural fullbacks.

Kjaer I ve only seen him play a few times, but I must admit he looks a very mature defender for his age. He has a very commanding presence, and I was impressed by his performance against juventus last week. On top of that I cant really say more because I have not seen him play that much. But I ve only heard of good things about him, and I think half of the top clubs in Europe are after the guy. Hopefully, it’s juventus who gets him.

Could anyone tell me how my boy Javier Pastore is getting along at Palermo? And before anyone makes a quick reply, I don't want his stats - I can find them for myself! I want to know how he's actually performing and whether he's made/making a smooth transition to the Italian game.

Hi i was wondering if there was any news on how long Marchisio is going to be out for and whether his operation went ok?

Also how was he playing prior to this and will he still get 90 next changes from performances before it?

One month if the operation went standard, but he could be back i two weeks as the operation was a major success.

He's still guaranteed the rise IMO, but he'll only reach 91 next time, I.E just before the WC.

Could anyone tell me how my boy Javier Pastore is getting along at Palermo? And before anyone makes a quick reply' date=' I don't want his stats - I can find them for myself! I want to know how he's actually performing and whether he's made/making a smooth transition to the Italian game.[/quote']

lol, why is everyone trying to rub it in on a Juventus fan?

the only game i have ever seen pastore play was against Juventus during which he was the MOTM in palermo's 2-0 win. he was pretty sensational basically, at least for that one particular game. he is not like the average skillful argentinian playmaker, all dribbling and ball hogging. this guy has excellent vision and he was controlling palermo's attacks with his incisive passing. he also had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

Could anyone tell me how my boy Javier Pastore is getting along at Palermo? And before anyone makes a quick reply' date=' I don't want his stats - I can find them for myself! I want to know how he's actually performing and whether he's made/making a smooth transition to the Italian game.[/quote']

To be honest, I haven't seen all of his games. :o

Though I have seen extended highlights of three and watched one in its entirety (At home to Juve, he was brilliant! Set up Cavani's wonder goal with some hard work by dispossessing a Juve player then slotting an inch perfect pass to Edinson's feet) :P. In my opinion, he's made the transition fluently and he looks at ease playing just behind Miccoli and Cavani.

From what I've seen, 85 -> 87 is on the cards, with 88 at a push if SM are generous and he keeps starting and playing well.

lol' date=' why is everyone trying to rub it in on a Juventus fan?

the only game i have ever seen pastore play was against Juventus during which he was the MOTM in palermo's 2-0 win. he was pretty sensational basically, at least for that one particular game. he is not like the average skillful argentinian playmaker, all dribbling and ball hogging. this guy has excellent vision and he was controlling palermo's attacks with his incisive passing. he also had a perfectly good goal disallowed.[/quote']

To be honest' date=' I haven't seen all of his games. :o

Though I have seen extended highlights of three and watched one in its entirety (At home to Juve, he was brilliant! Set up Cavani's wonder goal with some hard work by dispossessing a Juve player then slotting an inch perfect pass to Edinson's feet) :P. In my opinion, he's made the transition fluently and he looks at ease playing just behind Miccoli and Cavani.

From what I've seen, 85 -> 87 is on the cards, with 88 at a push if SM are generous and he keeps starting and playing well.[/quote']

Just what I wanted to hear! I know the boy's a genious - you don't need to tell me that! Haha, glad he's made the step up well so far. Cheers guys.

wow' date=' 2 weeks? i heard it was 4-6 weeks. originally the estimate layoff after the operation was around 2 months. But apparently because it was successful they say it's only a month now

could his agent confirm this?[/quote']

Thought i twas the other way round, Juve announced that he'd be out for a month pre-surgery, but 2 weeks was the figure I heard on SS when I heard them talk about theri upcoming match against Cyprus.

Thought i twas the other way round' date=' Juve announced that he'd be out for a month pre-surgery, but 2 weeks was the figure I heard on SS when I heard them talk about theri upcoming match against Cyprus.[/quote']

Im pretty certain he will be out for longer than that. depending on what reports you read, the apparent outlay could be between one month till christmas.

I think at first they(the physios with the national team) did not realise the extent of his injury. that was around beginning of october. they thought it would be a two week layoff which was one of the reasons why Lippi included him in the squad for the ireland and cyprus game in the first place. i think that's where you heard the 2 weeks.

But as the situation became clear, surgery was required, and consequently, he will be out for a minimum of a month.

Im pretty certain he will be out for longer than that. depending on what reports you read' date=' the apparent outlay could be between one month till christmas.

I think at first they(the physios with the national team) did not realise the extent of his injury. that was around beginning of october. they thought it would be a two week layoff which was one of the reasons why Lippi included him in the squad for the ireland and cyprus game in the first place. i think that's where you heard the 2 weeks.

But as the situation became clear, surgery was required, and consequently, he will be out for a minimum of a month.[/quote']

Whew.. Thanks for the correction, I emailed a mate in Parma but he hasn't got back to me on it yet. ;)

That would explain the Two Week thing too... Cheers.

Thanks but does he have an outside chance of a 90 ?

I'd rule it out myself, it'd really be pushing it. He'll easily get it next year.

I'm just hoping Italy isn't for a while as he becomes available on the 25th November in my favourite setup... For £5.7m! :P

I'd rule it out myself' date=' it'd really be pushing it. He'll easily get it next year.

I'm just hoping Italy isn't for a while as he becomes available on the 25th November in my favourite setup... For £5.7m! :P[/quote']

Good Luck :D I have Podolski in one of my set-ups and a silly Barca manager said he would take Podolski for Pique :eek::eek: but Podolski's Transfer Ban isn't off until 6 nov and he will be a 90 by then i think ! :rolleyes: