CalcioItalia's Italian Ratings

CalcioItalia

Re: CalcioItalia's Italian Ratings

Hey dont get me wrong either' date=' i think in 4/5 years time, Balotelli could be leading the line for Italy(if he hasnt turned to Ghana by then that is). But right now, i think he is too raw imo. no one is doubting his talent, but to be a top level professional footballer, you need a lot more than just pure talent. He already has the technical and physical attributes to succeed, but not yet the mental and tactical. those he will only get with game time.

i think if he was more humble, people in Italy would give him a lot more credit for his ability. But to come out and say what he said, about how he might have to reconsider, about how his priority is to play in the WC regardless of what, i think that's a little out of order. He is trying to twist Lippi's arm and force the issue. I think even if people actually believe he is good enough for the senior side, coming out and saying that has not helped his cause, or earned him anymore support. it's done the opposite

I think Cassano is the guy who could make the difference for us. And to be honest, I dont know what Lippi is going to do eventually. He has not ruled out cassano going to the WC but if he is not picking him now, it wouldnt make sense bringing in a new guy right just before the tournament, especially when the new guy is a reknown troublemaker.

i have a slight feeling that lippi is trying to play out time. he is banking on cassano's form dropping eventually, and then he would be justified in not selecting him. quite cynical really, and quite frankly, not the most professional thing he has ever done as a manager. But with the personal rift between the 2, and the rumours, can you really blame him?[/quote']

But Balotelli is also in a terrible environment, and he's not just nervous by himself; people make racist songs all the time when he plays and once he went to Rome and people threw bananas at him...there was a mediatic campaign sort of against him, saying how he was such a terrible person; the whole rotten environment is putting pressure on him that there shouldn't be. If he manages to come out of it he'll be a star.

Lippi is being very arrogant and strange. Gattuso should not be on the team, and neither shoulg Legrottaglie. There are plenty of better players who run more and are better for the future too. He didn't change the team enough in between WCs, and he surely won't get the luck of having the key players (Cannavaro, Pirlo, Materazzi) in super form this time.

Anyone know if Walter Samuel is likely to drop? As well as this one is it better to keep Criscito or Molinaro?

Keep Samuel, as already said, he might even rise. Criscito will rise (if not now in the future) and he's a great LB, so keep/get him. Molinaro will only go down, either sell him or don't buy him!

Ok' date=' what lippi does is by no means perfect. we can all see that legrottaglie shouldnt be in the starting lineup. But lippi has his way of doing things, and it has worked well in the past. Let's just believe in the guy. At the end of the day, if Italy dont do well at the next world cup, i dont believe it is purely done to these particular personnel selections. basically, to put it frankly, I dont believe this particular Italy side is the greatest we have ever had.[/quote']

i agree that this is not the best side/squad italy has ever had but it does possess some qualitys that other nations do not have. just look at there shocking first half against cyprus the other day! alot of other teams with there young, fast and INEXPERIENCED players would have just made things worse by trying to force things to happen, with their years of playing as a majority group they know exactly what each other can and cannot do and so panic setting in is not an option! hence why Italy is always there or there abouts come the big tourns.

this is just my opinion on the Italian national side as a whole, if they play badly there is still that hope they will produce, and more often than not they do.

Yeah I suppose that would be the sensible way to look at things. I mean if you look at Italy’s qualifying campaign for 2006 that was by no means convincing. That was the first time since 81 that Italy qualified for the world cup with a game in hand. But it could be argued that was mainly down to poor oppositions than anything else, since we played guys like Scotland, Norway, and Slovenia etc. Even then, we weren’t exactly convincing, losing to Slovenia and drawing Norway and Scotland away. So based on that there was nothing then to suggest that Italy would win the WC 2006.

This year is very similar too. Again, we qualified with a game in hand, and again, we looked unconvincing in a poor group. So in theory, we are not in the worst possible situation. But I think the difference between this world cup and the last one is that in 2006, we went into the tournament with a more capable and well-balanced squad. Most of the players were just peaking and we had world class players in just about every single departments. This year, it’s different. Lippi is banking on experience over youth and vigor. We have a lot of our main players who are all coming towards the end of their career. We have a 36 year old playing in CD with no quality backup. We have a large number of good strikers, none of whom can be labelled exceptional (the one exceptional forward we have-cassano, might not go to the tournament at all). And we don’t have an exceptional flair player who can open defences up and score at the same time. In the last few world cups, we’ve had Totti, Del Piero Baggio Mancini etc. this time we only have Pirlo doesn’t score enough goal and is not a natural player for that position, and Giuseppe Rossi who can score and create, but probably wont start in SA due to his inexperience. And on top of that, we received an almighty whooping by Brazil in the confederations. What worried me the most wasn’t the 3 goals actually; anyone can lose concentration, concede 2 goals and then concede a flukey 3rd. bad luck tend to come all at once. What worried me the most was that we spent an entire 45 minutes try to score and we couldnt even score 1

So all in all, I don’t have too high expectations for the WC. I think the best Italy can do is to be rational and take it a game at a time, and play sensible football, like we did in Germany. Don’t take any risks, don’t do anything silly, and hope that our experience pays off. If we can qualify from the group and win the 2nd round, then we can gather momentum, and then anything can happen.

Yeah I suppose that would be the sensible way to look at things. I mean if you look at Italy’s qualifying campaign for 2006 that was by no means convincing. That was the first time since 81 that Italy qualified for the world cup with a game in hand. But it could be argued that was mainly down to poor oppositions than anything else' date=' since we played guys like Scotland, Norway, and Slovenia etc. Even then, we weren’t exactly convincing, losing to Slovenia and drawing Norway and Scotland away. So based on that there was nothing then to suggest that Italy would win the WC 2006.

This year is very similar too. Again, we qualified with a game in hand, and again, we looked unconvincing in a poor group. So in theory, we are not in the worst possible situation. But I think the difference between this world cup and the last one is that in 2006, we went into the tournament with a more capable and well-balanced squad. Most of the players were just peaking and we had world class players in just about every single departments. This year, it’s different. Lippi is banking on experience over youth and vigor. We have a lot of our main players who are all coming towards the end of their career. We have a 36 year old playing in CD with no quality backup. We have a large number of good strikers, none of whom can be labelled exceptional (the one exceptional forward we have-cassano, might not go to the tournament at all). And we don’t have an exceptional flair player who can open defences up and score at the same time. In the last few world cups, we’ve had Totti, Del Piero Baggio Mancini etc. this time we only have Pirlo doesn’t score enough goal and is not a natural player for that position, and Giuseppe Rossi who can score and create, but probably wont start in SA due to his inexperience. And on top of that, we received an almighty whooping by Brazil in the confederations. What worried me the most wasn’t the 3 goals actually; anyone can lose concentration, concede 2 goals and then concede a flukey 3rd. bad luck tend to come all at once. What worried me the most was that we spent an entire 45 minutes try to score and we couldnt even score 1

So all in all, I don’t have too high expectations for the WC. I think the best Italy can do is to be rational and take it a game at a time, and play sensible football, like we did in Germany. Don’t take any risks, don’t do anything silly, and hope that our experience pays off. If we can qualify from the group and win the 2nd round, then we can gather momentum, and then anything can happen.[/quote']

Well put, I also have the idea that Italy is never outstanding in the qualifiers but always shows up when the time comes; however, as you say, this time the players are past their prime and there won't be another month in which they are all at the top mental and physical form together. The Confederations Cup was horrible too, and if you guys remember before the WC Italy gave 3-1 to Holland and 4-1 to Germany, 2 things I see as impossible today. The forwards are pretty much inconclusive and besides one or two elements, the midfield and defense are old and slow. After the WC there will have to be a radical change in the team!

Hopefully though the oldies will manage to pull themselves together when it will be needed, and hopefully the few young players there will give them a good shoulder to lean on.

And I am not saying I don't trust Lippi, he has proven he is capable at his job. I just wonder what his logic is, as he didn't change essential pieces of the team, calls bad players, and leaves good ones home.

Balotelli scored! Stankovic to 94!

Well put' date=' I also have the idea that Italy is never outstanding in the qualifiers but always shows up when the time comes; however, as you say, this time the players are past their prime and there won't be another month in which they are all at the top mental and physical form together. The Confederations Cup was horrible too, and if you guys remember before the WC Italy gave 3-1 to Holland and 4-1 to Germany, 2 things I see as impossible today. The forwards are pretty much inconclusive and besides one or two elements, the midfield and defense are old and slow. After the WC there will have to be a radical change in the team!

Hopefully though the oldies will manage to pull themselves together when it will be needed, and hopefully the few young players there will give them a good shoulder to lean on.

And I am not saying I don't trust Lippi, he has proven he is capable at his job. I just wonder what his logic is, as he didn't change essential pieces of the team, calls bad players, and leaves good ones home.

Balotelli scored! Stankovic to 94![/quote']

:eek::eek::eek:

Lol sorry if I'm disturbing the argument' date=' but could anyone tell me if Di Natale will keep his 93 or drop? I can't seem to find ratings on him anywhere?[/quote']

He'll definitely stay. ;)

He's solid for the National Team, and is the current top scorer in Serie A with 9 goals for Udi. His 93 is safe. ;)

will hernan crespo stay or drop' date=' i say this im about to buy carew and my other forwards are anelka and petric who are safe above 90 and pizarro who could rise to 90 if crespo rises theres no need to buy carew, but if crespo stays or drops i will sell him and buy carew[/quote']

He'll drop. He has barely featured for Genoa unfortunately. ;(

What's your opinion on MARCHETTI' date=' Federico.

Will he stay, rise or drop?

Thank you.[/quote']

No one answered... :o

87 -> 89/88 for me, Cagliari had a stonkign defense last season and he earned envious looks from many big Italian clubs.

Doing well this season, and is far too good for Cagliari IMO, Milan failed with a bid for him; that's all I know about 'confirmed bids'.

Good signing. ;)

ive just took over a stoke side in EC2 that has Moretti the itallian full back in who plays for genoa' date=' ive heard he will drop but what will he drop to 90 or 89 or does he have half a chance of staying at 91

any help would be appreciated[/quote']

Unfortunately none at all, 89 is realistic; ditch him ASAP. :(

will do i have two decent left backs as it is but if he was to stay at 90+ i may as well keep him but if his going to 89 i will sell him

Sell away, his chances of keeping 91 are zero, his chances of 90 are just as non existant IMO; although he mayeb has a 5% chance of dropping by 1.

91 -> 89 is very, very likely though and I'd happily sell away. ;)

Sell away' date=' his chances of keeping 91 are zero, his chances of 90 are just as non existant IMO; although he mayeb has a 5% chance of dropping by 1.

91 -> 89 is very, very likely though and I'd happily sell away. ;)[/quote']

i have put him up for TL now, i will sign Commper,Boka or Magnin as a replacement probably Commper because he can play CB as well