MILITO, Gabriel (From 93 to 92)

MARQUEZ, Rafael (Stay 93)

CACERES, Martín (Stay 89)

PIQUE, Gerard (From 88 to 90)

Midfielders

XAVI, Hernández (From 96 to 97)

KEITA, Seydou (Stay 92)

YAYA TOURE, Gnégnéri (From 92 to 91)

SERGIO BUSQUETS, Burgos (From 85 to 87/88)

INIESTA, Andrés (From 95 to 96)

Strikers

GUDJOHNSEN, Eiður (From 89 to 90)

MESSI, Lionel (From 97 to 98 )

ETO'O, Samuel (From 96 to 97)

HENRY, Thierry (Stay 95)

BOJAN KRKIC, Pérez (Stay 89)

Re: Barcelona Ratings

Here is my opinion for Players of Barcelona

GoalKeepers

VICTOR VALDES' date=' Arribas (91/91)

PINTO, José Manuel (87/86)

Defenders

ABIDAL, Éric (Stay 94)

SYLVINHO, Mendes (From 88 to 87)

DANI ALVES, Silva (From94 to 95)

PUYOL, Carles (Stay 96)

MARQUEZ, Rafael (Stay 93)

Midfielders

KEITA, Seydou (Stay 92)

YAYA TOURE, Gnégnéri (From 92 to 91)

Strikers

HENRY, Thierry (Stay 95)

BOJAN KRKIC, Pérez (Stay 89)

[/b']

I think that toure should not drop. He is a solid cm just that he is not playing that much in Barca

I agree with them all except victor valdez ' date=' he must get a +1 to a 92 as he's played every game and been consistenly good,[/quote']

I don't think he's good enough to be a 92. Plus he doesn't get even get in the Spain squad, let alone have a chance of playing. Can't be a 92 without some international experience.

I don't think he's good enough to be a 92. Plus he doesn't get even get in the Spain squad' date=' let alone have a chance of playing. Can't be a 92 without some international experience.[/quote']

true, but i think its unfair seeing as he has casillas, reina, and palop all in front of him. also i thought ratings were based on club performance?

Yes' date=' but you can only really get higher in the 90s with international appearances.[/quote']

What about Raul? He rarely plays a game for Spain from what I've seen.

Hes 95 rated.

I do agree that Valdes should get a rise to 92, but only to 92. 93 would be pushing it a bit too far.

Can't be a 92 without some international experience.

Mikel Arteta and Amauri are two examples that have achieved a 92 without any international experience.

Don't think Yaya will drop, as he has enough games under his belt (more than Keita), also think Abidal may drop, as he is certainly not the best LB in the world, and SM will have to decrease him to show this.

Not sure about Dani Alves and Caceres. Alves may not rise, as he wasn't first-choice RB for Brazil before Maicon's injury, while Caceres may drop 1 as he is hardly playing.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with most of the ratings

GoalKeepers

VICTOR VALDES' date=' Arribas (91/91)From 91 to 92

PINTO, José Manuel (87/86)

Defenders

ABIDAL, Éric (Stay 94)

SYLVINHO, Mendes (From 88 to 87)

DANI ALVES, Silva (From94 to 95)

PUYOL, Carles (Stay 96)

MARQUEZ, Rafael (Stay 93)Up to 94 possibly

Midfielders

KEITA, Seydou (Stay 92)

YAYA TOURE, Gnégnéri (From 92 to 91)Up surely

Strikers

HENRY, Thierry (Stay 95)

BOJAN KRKIC, Pérez (Stay 89)Down to 88

mine are in red.

I don't think Valdes deserves to rise based on his performance, but good club performance and lowest goal conceding rate in La Liga may still have a chance to pull him up.

Yaya Toure surely has no reason to drop and may go up by 1.

Iniesta, Eto'o, Messi, Alves are great, but it all depends on SM whether to rise them or not. They deserve the rise, but SM may not be so generous as Iniesta had been injured, Eto'o's 96 is already very high, Messi hasn't received enough awards and Alves is not No.1 choice for Brazil....

Valdes should drop. Anyone who says he should rise has not watched Barcelona play, or has no knowledge of football. I would normally not come out with such a strong statement, but Valdes is a POOR keeper, and should drop to 90. Anyone suggesting a rise should sit down and watch Barcelona play. He has been nothing short of abysmal.

I don't thin Valdes is even close to being best in the world, but I think he's served his purpose, and I think his rating is fine. Although Alves is not Brazil's 1st choice right back, he has actually gotten better within the past season at Barca, and he deserves to go up to at least 95. Abidal could go down, but he's been doing pretty good for Barca, and like Valdes, he serves his purpose. I think Pique should go up to at least 90, considering he's been playing quite a few games for Barca, and has also played an international game. Caceres, I am not a big fan of, and I won't be surprised if his rating goes down. Puyol should stay 96, while Marquez, as much as I like him, could go down. I have been a fan of Marquez since the WC in Germany (I know that's not a long time, but I'm still 13), but as sturdy as Puyol is at his age, Marquez's age is starting to take a toll on him. Milito may go down, but only temporarily because he's been out for a while do to his injury from last year. Midfielders. I think that Xavi and Iniesta both definitely should go up by at least one, as they have been rock solid all season. Toure and Keita are both doing good, but I think their ratings are fine where they are. On the other had, Hleb is going to go down at least to 91, possibly lower. Many may disagree with that, but he's been doing horrible this season!! At last, the Strikers. I think that although Henry has been doing good for Barca, but he is no where near what he was while he was at Arsenal, and his rating could drop. Messi definitely deserves to go up to 98, and Eto'o 96. Both have been outstanding this season, with Eto'o scoring the most in all of Europe! I think that if Bojan goes down, it will only be temporarily, and he will develop to become one of the world's best strikers.

you know what no offence , but it think that you made the changes from only STATS but in this high level it's more about PERFORMANCE than STATS

GoalKeepers

VICTOR VALDES' date=' Arribas (91/91) 91>>91/92 he is beeing better than last year for sure, he is good on 1 on 1 , but he srtuggles with the well placed/stong shots , a stay or +1 (for the teams great defensive record) , I believe that his style suits barca style of high pressing defense line , that's why they are holding on him , but he should Abandon his poor clearances & his easy gefts for the attackers

PINTO, José Manuel (87/86) 87>>87/88 he is doing good in the COPA DEL REY matches , he played all the matches there & he managed to take the team to the FINAL soooo good season for a backup keeper

Defenders

ABIDAL, Éric (Stay 94) 94>>93/92 drop for sure , he is not the best LB in the world anymore/anytime , he struggles to make the attacking runs , but he is solid defensivley

SYLVINHO, Mendes (From 88 to 87) 88>>88 stay , he covered the absence of ABIDAL greatly & he played all the COPA DEL REY matches , he have some good attacking runs/shots/crosses whenever he plays but he is poor defensively he could have +1 if he made the first XI more than he did , but right now he is a great backup player with good experience

DANI ALVES, Silva (From94 to 95) 94>>95/94 one of the best attacking minded wingbacks in the world if not the best , he is the one who made the deference in most of the matches this season , he is the player who suits best the barca attacking minded style of play

PUYOL, Carles (Stay 96) 96>>96 stay & possible position change to D

MILITO, Gabriel (From 93 to 92) 93>>91/90 he is out of football for about 2 years now ... it's a second JORGE ANDRADE story :confused:

MARQUEZ, Rafael (Stay 93) 93>>93 he is not as sharp as he used to be , but he is doing the job & did what it takes to stay , he will face great challenge in the starting XI from the raising star PIQUE

CACERES, Martín (Stay 89) 89>>89/88 he is not doing good at all with BARCA , he is too shakey too confused when he have the ball under his feet , but he is playing good/Continuous for his National team that what's make him stay

PIQUE, Gerard (From 88 to 90) 88>>90/91 the biggest surprise of the season , a great defender with physical stregth , good positioning & great passing skills , i believe he can easily play as a DM from his style of play & he is the defender who really suits the Barca style of play , he will make it to 90 right now but will be rushing for more rises for sure

Midfielders

XAVI, Hernández (From 96 to 97) 96>>97/96 the best Midfielder in the world no doubt about that (with GERARD) , he is the Mastermind of the team & the problems solver

KEITA, Seydou (Stay 92) 92>>92 doing good job moving all around the field , scoring in the hardest times , but he lost his great shooting abilities from when he was with SEVILLA he surely needs more starting XI time with the team

YAYA TOURE, Gnégnéri (From 92 to 91) 92>>93 the one who have the greatest change in form & performance in barca team , great defensive abilites , great vision , great long balls & great skills , he is the kind of DM who never loses the ball even when he takes the risks of making forward attacking runs with his great dribbling , for me he is the best DM/CM in the world *PERSONAL FREEDOM :D*he can easily be the playmaker of any team in the world not just there holding midfielder , more than that he is great defensively , he is the UnNoticed Soldier of the team , if i was the one making the changes , will give him straight +2 to 94 , but that seems out of reach so far , but he will be charging for 94 the changes after this one

SERGIO BUSQUETS, Burgos (From 85 to 87/88) 85>>88/89 great player for the future & one of the greatest surpises of the seasons , he is having a good season in one of the best 3 teams in the world this season & Guardiola is puting so much faith on him & giving him a great amount of playing time ...

INIESTA, Andrés (From 95 to 96) 95>>95 a great player, the kind of man who make the deference whenever he plays but it's too soon to make it to 96

Strikers

GUDJOHNSEN, Eiður (From 89 to 90) 89>>89 good season so far for an above average player , but honostly he is not performing Continuously & not good enough to be a starter , but he is kind of a great backup player , so a stay willl be good for him & will put him with midfielfers as GUARDIOLA is alway playing him as an AM >>his best position<< not forward anymore

MESSI, Lionel (From 97 to 98 ) 97>>98 NO COMMENT ON THIS PLAYER , I DON'T EVEN KNOW HIM just THE BEST PLAYER OF HIS TIME & ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS OF ALL TIME

ETO'O, Samuel (From 96 to 97) 96>>96/97 he is great no doubt about that & his goals do all the talk about him , but i see a 97 is too high for him :D... cuz for me , this is the rate that a 96 rated forward should be performing at , but 97 is not out of reach (if that happens it will be more of the whole team performance than his personal performance as he is been feeded too much this season from his great team )

HENRY, Thierry (Stay 95) 95>>95 he is just Deserved his rating this season cuz he wasn't performing at the 95 level last seson but he is doing that right now for sure

BOJAN KRKIC, Pérez (Stay 89) 89>>89 he is having short playing time this season , but he is playing good in the COPA DEL REY he played all tha matches & he is that compitition top scorer with Messi

& HERE is the FORGOTTEN star :

HLEB, Aleksandr 93>>91/92 it's seems like he is the forgotten star in barca , as he fail to make in good impression with the team he is not a typical winger/forward player to play forward in the 4-1-2-3 formation of barca >> as he is used in now << & he is not seems strong enough tacticaly (not the kind of attaking minded CM) to play in the 2 behind the forwards ... so he is not the man for this team ... I think he needs to play a wide midfielder in a 4-4-2/4-5-1 kind of formations ... & he will surely leave at the end of the season

I don't thin Valdes is even close to being best in the world, but I think he's served his purpose, and I think his rating is fine. Although Alves is not Brazil's 1st choice right back, he has actually gotten better within the past season at Barca, and he deserves to go up to at least 95. Abidal could go down, but he's been doing pretty good for Barca, and like Valdes, he serves his purpose. I think Pique should go up to at least 90, considering he's been playing quite a few games for Barca, and has also played an international game. Caceres, I am not a big fan of, and I won't be surprised if his rating goes down. Puyol should stay 96, while Marquez, as much as I like him, could go down. I have been a fan of Marquez since the WC in Germany (I know that's not a long time, but I'm still 13), but as sturdy as Puyol is at his age, Marquez's age is starting to take a toll on him. Milito may go down, but only temporarily because he's been out for a while do to his injury from last year. Midfielders. I think that Xavi and Iniesta both definitely should go up by at least one, as they have been rock solid all season. Toure and Keita are both doing good, but I think their ratings are fine where they are. On the other had, Hleb is going to go down at least to 91, possibly lower. Many may disagree with that, but he's been doing horrible this season!! At last, the Strikers. I think that although Henry has been doing good for Barca, but he is no where near what he was while he was at Arsenal, and his rating could drop. Messi definitely deserves to go up to 98, and Eto'o 96. Both have been outstanding this season, with Eto'o scoring the most in all of Europe! I think that if Bojan goes down, it will only be temporarily, and he will develop to become one of the world's best strikers.

I agree with most of what you've said

Valdes should drop. Anyone who says he should rise has not watched Barcelona play' date=' or has no knowledge of football. I would normally not come out with such a strong statement, but Valdes is a POOR keeper, and should drop to 90. Anyone suggesting a rise should sit down and watch Barcelona play. He has been nothing short of abysmal.[/quote']

True. He's the lousiest player in Barce's first team and every Barce fan will probably agree. But I just doubt whether SM will consider his performance alone or award him as a result of his club playing so greatly this season.

True. He's the lousiest player in Barce's first team and every Barce fan will probably agree. But I just doubt whether SM will consider his performance alone or award him as a result of his club playing so greatly this season.

if you look at Barca's starting XI you will find that the lowest players rating of the team is One 92[Yaya Toure : who's in the verge of raising to 93] then One 93 [Marquez] & all the rest are 94' date='95+ so Vlades is the worst player in barca's starting XI even if he made it to 92 ... but honostly he is really had a great season so far [EXEPT the game of ESPANYOL'] yet he managed to 7 continous clean sheets at the last 7 matches & he let in the lowest goals in la liga this season ... So BY NO.s HE IS THE BEST GOALKEEPER IN LA LIGA ... he is not greatly bad but barca should have a better goalkeeper [just compare him to Roma's 92 rated goalkeeper DONI ... who is in the same level of VALDES with some GOOD performances & some FATAL mistakes] ...

I think that it's impossible to see him go down to 90 ... he is about to stay ... with a chance of raising to 92 [& if he made it to 92 that will be for his team/defence great performance in the season ]....

if you look at Barca's starting XI you will find that the lowest players rating of the team is One 92[Yaya Toure : who's in the verge of raising to 93] then One 93 [Marquez] & all the rest are 94' date='95+ so Vlades is the worst player in barca's starting XI even if he made it to 92 ... but honostly he is really had a great season so far [EXEPT the game of ESPANYOL'] yet he managed to 7 continous clean sheets at the last 7 matches & he let in the lowest goals in la liga this season ... So BY NO.s HE IS THE BEST GOALKEEPER IN LA LIGA ... he is not greatly bad but barca should have a better goalkeeper [just compare him to Roma's 92 rated goalkeeper DONI ... who is in the same level of VALDES with some GOOD performances & some FATAL mistakes] ...

I think that it's impossible to see him go down to 90 ... he is about to stay ... with a chance of raising to 92 [& if he made it to 92 that will be for his team/defence great performance in the season ]....

Yes, by stats, he's the best keeper in La Liga this season.

But that is more of the result of Barce's strong field players' performance.

That's why I say his club has made him a good keeper but he honestly has no really sparkling talent that can ensure him to be a world class keeper.

I totally agree that he'll stay.