Dani Alves is nuts..Decrease to 85

Re: Dani Alves is nuts..Decrease to 85

malouda's antics make c.ronaldo look like an innocent little girl

people hate ronaldo for diving?

i feel there is no better pound for pound diver on the planet than florent malouda, who i think still hold the title of the first man to successfully dive for a penalty in a world cup final

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Dani Alves is nuts..Decrease to 85 I am not Dani Alves' biggest fan, I think that people like to admire his attacking strengths instead of looking at his defensive weakness's. He is not the best

malouda's antics make c.ronaldo look like an innocent little girl

people hate ronaldo for diving?

i feel there is no better pound for pound diver on the planet than florent malouda' date=' who i think still hold the title of the first man to successfully dive for a penalty in a world cup final[/quote']

No. Ronaldo is just a little girl. Nobody ever comes close to him for that. Not even Malouda sorry. Don't want to go off topic but just wanted to state that. ;)

I think Alves is only slightly worse than Sergio Ramos as the world's best right-back, so I can't understand your logic when you think he deserves to drop. His performances this season have been first class, but I do feel he could do a bit better in defending and tracking back.

A drop ? Not for me, thankyou.

I made this thread just to give him stick for his cheat behaviour...

not saying he had bad performance or he is poor player...

he should get what he deserves..

but what an idiotic behaviour was that!!!:mad:

Oh, he should decrease for his behaviour? The Ronaldo should decrease to 43 as he does worse every single game!!

Good job I can't stay online for much longer, I feel a right good barney coming on... :o:cool:

No. Ronaldo is just a little girl. Nobody ever comes close to him for that. Not even Malouda sorry. Don't want to go off topic but just wanted to state that. ;)

personally i dont rate ronaldo as that bad a diver. a lot of those are heavy tackles, and ronaldo's response was to exaggerate his falls....he is very theatrical, but he looks like a novice compared to some of those south americans

nothing more malicous than a diver who avoids media's crosshair, but dives and wins crucial penalties in finals like mr malouda in 2006. Have observing him carefully ever since, as far as diving is concerned, this guy is good!

Oh' date=' he should decrease for his behaviour? The Ronaldo should decrease to 43 as he does worse every single game!!

Good job I can't stay online for much longer, I feel a right good barney coming on... :o:cool:[/quote']

ahh..that was just a joke...stop behaving like Alves and Drogba..

I Think ronaldo's earlier expression has not gone...

he has dived less in this couple of season....

even his slightest dive look like a cheat now to you guys...

and he scores more in fair way rather than diving...

he gets all my respect..

So he is not in finals..

Well well well i might think of watching finals then.

P.S.--I wish Fletcher's red card be taken back but i think it wont

i heard even this referee was a waste..What's happening.

dani is one of the best right back currently decrease to 85 is just nonsense

not when he is actually defending though, and the only reason he is a gd attacker is because he overlaps so the defence are outnumbered

not one of the best rb, and wudnt be a gd full time rm

He had 2 bad games? Overall he has been amazing and imo the best rb in the world this season' date=' closely by maicon.[/quote']

I always beg to differ. Maicon is better IMO. Ok, attacking wise Alves is superior but defensively Maicon does better. So you look at Alves defending and you'll see he picks up a lot of yellows for making harsh challenges while defending. Maicon going forward is nothing short of class though. So I think overall Maicon is the better RB.

I am not Dani Alves' biggest fan, I think that people like to admire his attacking strengths instead of looking at his defensive weakness's. He is not the best right back in the world in my opinion because of his defensive poorness. I think that as the "supposed" best right back in the world his main objective should be defense, although I admit that with Barcelona's style of play it is important for him to get forward as much as possible.

He is the "weak link" in the Barcelona defense, which is the best defense in La Liga, by best I mean they have conceded the least amount of goals this season, and this is the only reason that it isn't as noticeable as it would be in other teams/leagues.

The amount of fouls that Alves concedes in comparison to the rest of the Barcelona defenders is unbelievable (I checked the Barcelona official website for these stats as I thought they would be more accurate than other sites, I don't know how accurate they are, for all I know they are complete rubbish, and knowing my luck, they probably are :rolleyes:)

This is the amount of fouls committed in La Liga, Champions League and Copa Del Rey games this season:

Alves - 116 fouls in 49 games (4,475 minutes)

Abidal - 25 fouls in 27 games (2,317 minutes)

Puyol - 31 fouls in 40 games (3,467 minutes)

Marquez - 28 fouls in 36 games (3,053 minutes)

Pique - 44 fouls in 39 games (3,668 minutes)

Caceres - 18 fouls in 20 games (1,322 minutes)

(For those that are good at math, you will have realized that Alves has only committed 30 fouls less than the 5 other players combined...)

Alves - 116 fouls in 4,475 minutes

Other 5 - 146 fouls in 13,877 minutes

Another thing I noticed while checking the stats on the Barcelona website is the amount of times that Alves looses possession - 444 times compared to the 353 times he has won the ball from the opposition, I know that he goes forward alot but I thought his retention of the ball would be better than that. Just as a comparrison, according to their stats, Alves has lost the ball more times than Messi (416)

A couple of smaller issues I have with Alves is that I don't think he is a particularly good crosser of the ball, and with players like Xavi and Iniesta in the same team as him I always wonder why Alves seems to be their primary free kick taker :confused:

Link to Alves' stats on Barcelona website

I was dissapointed in Alves, I watch la liga every now and then and to be honest...he can only perform well against those spanish teams. Not to mention the spanish league is so weak in terms of defending, when he was put up against chelsea and utd last year for that matter, he had shockers. I don't think he would hack the premiership, it's too strong for him and barca are only in the final through a big amount of luck...and that's coming from a utd fan. I do feel more confident playing against barcelona though, as if their defence wasn't already weak enough, now they have 2 first choice fullbacks missing! I just hope their defending is equally as shocking, i'm confident most top english teams can withstand any barca attack, as their not used to top quality defending!...and this is coming from someone who has alves in his barca team...

1 bad game in the whole year and he should decrease to 85... ya that doesn't make sense. Eto'o didn't play good either he should be 85. You see how stupid that sounds? Dani Alves in my opinion is the best RB and should stay where he is!

1 bad game in the whole year and he should decrease to 85... ya that doesn't make sense. Eto'o didn't play good either he should be 85. You see how stupid that sounds? Dani Alves in my opinion is the best RB and should stay where he is!

I will correct you. I bad game that you have watched and most on here.

I was dissapointed in Alves' date=' I watch la liga every now and then and to be honest...he can only perform well against those spanish teams. Not to mention the spanish league is so weak in terms of defending, when he was put up against chelsea a[b']nd utd last year for that matter[/b], he had shockers. I don't think he would hack the premiership, it's too strong for him and barca are only in the final through a big amount of luck...and that's coming from a utd fan. I do feel more confident playing against barcelona though, as if their defence wasn't already weak enough, now they have 2 first choice fullbacks missing! I just hope their defending is equally as shocking, i'm confident most top english teams can withstand any barca attack, as their not used to top quality defending!...and this is coming from someone who has alves in his barca team...

He didn't play for Barcelona last year, and I can't remember Sevilla playing Man Utd...