Man Utd Vs Chelsea CL Final..???

Man Utd Vs Chelsea CL Final..???  

1. 1.

• NO
    • Yes, Man Utd win.
    • Yes, Chelsea win.

Re: Man Utd Vs Chelsea CL Final..???

will the teams of last seasons final meet again in the final??

and if you think so who will win it??

90 minutes to go yet my Manc friend; don't go counting your chickens now. You might not be directly saying it, but I think the implication is there. ;)

That's an incredibly odd statement :eek:

It may seem so but his first 3 preferences were ,

Barca v LFC,

Arsenal v LFC,

Chelsea v LFC ,

At least he got his wish with the last but sadly it was a semi .:D

On the serious side after seeing his quote i had him on my psychiatrist couch ,i believe its not to do with he dosnt want United to get their but more on the Entertaining value ,if Barca didnt make it then we know what type of game United v Chelsea fetches to the table .

Wheras does he think Barca v Arsenal will be more entertaining than Barca v United .:confused:

Anyway it will be no supprise the roles were reversed i finished on the couch while he tried to explain it .

It took that long explaining to no avail i had to go for my supper ,but even that was a disaster they tied my coat sleeves up at the back so i couldnt get my hands out .;):)

Man u is on the verge of going to the final after winning Arsenal 1:0 at home,it means that Arsenal must beat us by 2 or more goals to qualify or a 1:0 win also,But hey,Both teams are great in attack so i dont think a 1:0 res would come out,Whereas on my opinion,Barca is also likly to get kicked out as they have to play away and they have to play real madrid before going to london,so i think chelsea would meet man u with man u winning it again.

tevezwip.png

Man u is on the verge of going to the final after winning Arsenal 1:0 at home' date='it means that Arsenal must beat us by 2 or more goals to qualify or a 1:0 win also,But hey,Both teams are great in attack so i dont think a 1:0 res would come out,Whereas on my opinion,Barca is also likly to get kicked out as they have to play away and they have to play real madrid before going to london,so i think chelsea would meet man u with man u winning it again.

[center']tevezwip.png[/center]

Stop using my sig without permission! Somebody asked me first, so please remove it!

I'd expect a Barcelona v Man Utd final, Chelsea matches are really not interesting.

we only need 2 or 3 more days to find out whos in the final...

i really expect man utd to get to the final...

wouldn't be surprised if they won really

and after barca slaughtered real i cant say who i think will win it

its a close call

Guest Football8

we only need 2 or 3 more days to find out whos in the final...

i really expect man utd to get to the final...

wouldn't be surprised if they won really

and after barca slaughtered real i cant say who i think will win it

its a close call

Yeh but Real Madrid have been poor against top opposition this season, Liverpool, Barca. :o

I reckon 'Lucky Guus' will come through for Chelsea again. I just dont know what it is but I've had this feeling ever since I saw Chelsea beat Liverpool and subsequent games afterwards that they are a stronger side mentally and actually believe they can be the efficient side Mourinho had.

I still think it's anyone's game in both semi finals. If I had to take a guess, I would say Arsenal will beat Man U tomorro but United will still go through on away goals.

Guest Football8

I want a Man Utd - Barca final, as that's the only combination that hasn't been played in the past few years.

I really can't and fail to believe this. No matter how boring it might be etc. how anyone wants a club they support to go out is beyond me

I think people are misunderstanding the point I was making slightly. My "I'd rather watch Arsenal v Barca than United v Chelsea" statement wasn't meaning I'd prefer United to go out, or even anything close. It's meant to be taken at face value. There's no deeper meaning to what I wrote. I will make more effort to watch the final if it's Arsenal v Barca than I will if it's United v Chelsea. Simple as that. I still want my team to win it, even if it does turn into another glorified FA Cup final.

Every single season since the early to mid-90s, I've made a special effort to watch the CL final, no matter who was playing or what it clashed with. If Barca get to the final, I'll probably do the same this year.

If we get another all-English final, I honestly don't know if I can be bothered watching it. If it involves United, I'll probably watch it just because it's my team playing, but it would depend on what else is happening on the same night (if there are any decent bands playing anywhere, for example, I'll be off to the gig and just catching up on highlights in the morning).

If it's Arsenal v Chelsea, then it's simply a matter of whether I happen to be at home or not when it's on. Don't care either way for that game.

I kinda see where your coming from ( about 10% ) but I still say Man U v Chelsea wouldnt be boring. I'd love a rematch of last year as I think Chelsea will play more attacking as they will want revenge for last time. This is not me presuming Chelsea or Man U are through, but I would still watch the match regardless of who is in the final as they are still going to be two quality football teams.

Boring to me, is watching the group stages where one of these teams leather some mob from Austria or something.

It's not really a case of whether or not it would be boring. I just have absolutely no interest in seeing 2 ENGLISH sides play in a EUROPEAN cup final.

That's not what European football is about, in my opinion. The CL should be a step up from the EPL, but at the moment, the English dominance is taking away the extra challenge to an extent. I actually think the CL is a lesser competition because of it. Winning it last year didn't do anywhere near as much for me as winning it in 1999 did. If the competition is just the same as what you're up against in the league, winning means a lot less than it should.

5 years ago, the CL was a much bigger step up from what we saw every weekend in England. 15 years ago, it was on a totally different level altogether. Right now though, if I had to choose just one trophy, I'd rather win the EPL. Because the top clubs in other European leagues aren't better than top English sides anymore (excluding Barcelona), the EPL is a better measure of what level our top clubs are at in relation to others (due to the far greater number of games played, and the extra 'luck factor' of knockout competitions).

2 all-English finals in 2 years just makes me lose interest in European football, regardless of how boring or exciting the match turns out to be. I feel pretty much the same about this as I would about FIFA/UEFA allowing nations to enter 2 squads for Euro 2012, and ending up with the final being Spain A v Spain B.

It's about time UEFA reduce the number of teams from England, Italy and Spain to a maximum of 3, and scrap the stupid rule that prevents them meeting in the 2nd round... either that, or shove them all together in the group stage :rolleyes: (i.e. Group A would be United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal... Group B would be Barca, Real, Sevilla, Valencia etc).