Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Summer Transfer Rumours Thread.

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours Thread.

Luca Toni's agent has said the Italian striker could join West Ham on a season long loan. Toni would be a great signing for West Ham but you'd think there would be better teams than West Ham in for him.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0' date='19528,11661_5477521,00.html[/url']

This same story was "rubbished" the other day :rolleyes: agents.........

This same story was "rubbished" the other day :rolleyes: agents.........

The story came out again today though. I really hate some of the agents as they want the move more than the players sometimes just to get their hands on a slice of the deal.

The story came out again today though. I really hate some of the agents as they want the move more than the players sometimes just to get their hands on a slice of the deal.

Don't even think it's that, I think West Ham would be "final destination" if no other club came in, the guy's getting on a bit and with Klose, Olic, Gomez etc he's well down the pecking order.

I think they're waiting for interest from Italian clubs imo, one last dalliance at home before he retires. He'll probably end up somewhere like Samp, Napoli, Genoa etc. Where he's guaranteed first team football in world cup year, rather than having to adjust to a new environment in England, which is notoriously hard to settle into straight away, such is the pace of the game. He's strong enough, but I don't think he'll cope with having zilch time on the ball. As I say West ham will be a last resort probably, and is being used as an advertising hoarding.

According to goal.com chelsea have added essien to their bid for pirlo.. thats a shockingdeal but pirlo has said the transfer saga is over.. it better be.. essien aint going nowhere. :rolleyes:

According to goal.com chelsea have added essien to their bid for pirlo.. thats a shockingdeal but pirlo has said the transfer saga is over.. it better be.. essien aint going nowhere. :rolleyes:

goal.com in a nutshell really, that's got to be the worst transfer rumour ever :rolleyes:

there is no way in a millions years that chelsea would give up essien for pirlo unless milan are giving them a boatload of cash

Guest Football8

Looks like Aston Villa have strengthened there defence by signing Habib Beye from Newcastle, a good move imo. :P

Looks like Aston Villa have strengthened there defence by signing Habib Beye from Newcastle' date=' a good move imo. :P[/quote']

good move for villa especially nicking him from under Hull City's nose after they had a bid agreed aswell

Did anybody see the football league show on saturday night. Did you see the question about boro and who they should sign. Moreover did anybody see who they have put a bid in for i think Gareth southgate has been paying to much attention to the Tv and not enough on his managerial skills.

BTW The answer to both of these questions is Rob Hulse of Derby. Firstly Lawro said it then Southgate seems to much of a coincidence if you ask me. Any thoughts?

Did anybody see the football league show on saturday night. Did you see the question about boro and who they should sign. Moreover did anybody see who they have put a bid in for i think Gareth southgate has been paying to much attention to the Tv and not enough on his managerial skills.

BTW The answer to both of these questions is Rob Hulse of Derby. Firstly Lawro said it then Southgate seems to much of a coincidence if you ask me. Any thoughts?

They have been after a target man all summer. If they get Hulse it would be a good signing but I doubt it. Middlesbrough don't have a lot of money (not sure how much of the Downing fee Southgate will get) and Derby will want a lot of money to let him go.

Guest .кєσgн

Essien is younger and better then Pirlo.

I heard that.. and how amazing that would be to have him.. imo thought its too much to spend on a player and to then loan him back. :rolleyes:

I heard that on goal.com what you just posted RGibbs.. and news of the world aint much better so i aint believing it until its confirmed by one of the clubs..

Plus Ancelotti has said that there is no negiotiations going on between milan and chelsea involving pato and milan said the same thing. So i doubt its true, although i'd like it to be :P

and the award for most stupid transfer rumour of the summer goes too...

Rob Beasley (who broke the story) was on that jobs for the boys football writers show on Sky on Sunday morning trying desperately to authenticate the story as well. Apparently he received a call before the show from inside Chelsea asking him how he got the information, and that this could have put the transfer in doubt.

Of course you did Rob, and obviously it's not at all convinient for you that you now have an excuse should this not come to fruition. :rolleyes:

Rob Beasley (who broke the story) was on that jobs for the boys football writers show on Sky on Sunday morning trying desperately to authenticate the story as well. Apparently he received a call before the show from inside Chelsea asking him how he got the information' date=' and that this could have put the transfer in doubt.

Of course you did Rob, and obviously it's not at all convinient for you that you now have an excuse should this not come to fruition. :rolleyes:[/quote']

this is the same rob beasley who was very tight with mourinho when he was at chelsea and the same rob beasley who broke a story about a year and a half ago that rafa benitez slagged off his owners (he took the 'story' from a spanish newspaper, translated it and added other bits too it to make it sound more sensational) - benitez ended up taking him to court and winning quite a bit from him, so that sums him up as a journo

this is the same rob beasley who was very tight with mourinho when he was at chelsea and the same rob beasley who broke a story about a year and a half ago that rafa benitez slagged off his owners (he took the 'story' from a spanish newspaper' date=' translated it and added other bits too it to make it sound more sensational) - benitez ended up taking him to court and winning quite a bit from him, so that sums him up as a journo[/quote']

I'd actually forgotten it was him who Benitez sued. It's amazing that he expects anything he writes to be taken seriously after that stunning piece of 'journalism'. Good to see the News of the World are still demanding high standards from their writers as well. :rolleyes:

Is he the bald bloke who sometimes does the paper talk on sky sports news? :o

Is he the chief editor of the news of the world or just a journalist because I thought he was an editor? :confused:

Aye, I think thats the one. He was certainly doing Paper Talk on Sunday morning. He's not an editor to my knowledge, although the latest info on a sports editor I can find is them appointing Paul McCarthy in 2007. I thought Andy Dunn was their chief football writer though. My old man gets the NotW and he's the one who gets his own full page column every week.