Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Summer Transfer Rumours Thread.

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours Thread.

Still no need for that.

Aww, sorry Louis. I just know how much you get wound up on that particular subject. I send you my sincere apologies for my lame sense of humour.

As for Chygrynskiy, he's definately more one for the future in my eyes. On paper, him and Pique look like they could become a very dependable double-act at the back. As for this season, I think he should get a fair amount of game time, but I doubt he'll be first choice. Was there any other interest in the player which possibly tempted Barca to make a move before they actually wanted to, perhaps?

Christ' date=' they also have Milito and Marquez who are top class CB's. That's unbelievable. Puyol (he will start), Pique (class.. should start), then Chygrynskyy (good player, shouldnt be on the bench), then they've got Milito and Marquez. Surely they've got to look to sell. :o

There team is just pure immense. :o[/quote']

Everton could make a suprise signing amd by milito or marquez :D:D:D:D...:eek: lol would be intresting to see if they are sold

byern munich reach agreement to buy arjen robben from real madrid

and is due for a medical tomorra

www.skysports.com :D

Just heard Sid Lowe confirm this on Football Weekly Extra. Apparently when he was at the Bernabeu for a press conference earlier Robben was just leaving for Germany. Interesting signing, would have thought it means Pranjic will be asked to play more as full back now.

so happy because Swansea have finally signed not 1 but 2 strikers :D :D

it's like waiting half an hour for a bus and they all come at once

1) Craig Beattie

deal? - 750k (record transfer) + money for appearances + success with a 3 year deal

experienced?- plenty of experience with Celtic, West Brom, Preston, Palace and Sheffield United aswell as 7 scottish caps with a goal and at the age of only 25

past?- Started out with Celtic playing 50 games and then joined west brom for 1.25 million, playing 28 times in all for WBA aswell as a loan spell at PNE,(2 games) Palace (15 games 5 goals) and Sheffield United (13 games 1 goal) and joined Swansea city today for 750k

honours?

-Scottish Premier League - 2004, 2006 and 2007

-Scottish Cup - 2004,2005 and 2007

new squad number?he'll wear the famous swansea number 9 shirt (not quite as famous as Newcastle's but in the last few years has contained top goalscorers in Jason Scotland, Bayo Akinfenwa and club legend James Thomas).

2) Lee Trundle (bit of a debate about him on first couple of pages)

deal? - loan deal untill January 1st 2010

Carrer?- started his career late but scored a lot for Swansea before moving to Bristol City in 2007 for £1 million but had limited games and played 58 times in 2 years scoring 7 times.

rejoining Swansea?- rejoined swansea today and is "glad to be back at the club he loves" and could play, along with beattie on Saturday against Watford as he'll wear the number 19 shirt.

Very happy with both signings and can't wait for Saturday :D

Aww' date=' sorry Louis. I just know how much you get wound up on that particular subject. I send you my sincere apologies for my lame sense of humour.

As for Chygrynskiy, he's definately more one for the future in my eyes. On paper, him and Pique look like they could become a very dependable double-act at the back. As for this season, I think he should get a fair amount of game time, but I doubt he'll be first choice. Was there any other interest in the player which possibly tempted Barca to make a move before they actually wanted to, perhaps?[/quote']

Don't get wound up about the subject, everyone has there opinion, i just find it a bit immature.

so happy because Swansea have finally signed not 1 but 2 strikers :D :D

it's like waiting half an hour for a bus and they all come at once

1) Craig Beattie

deal? - 750k (record transfer) + money for appearances + success with a 3 year deal

experienced?- plenty of experience with Celtic' date=' West Brom, Preston, Palace and Sheffield United aswell as 7 scottish caps with a goal and at the age of only 25

past?- Started out with Celtic playing 50 games and then joined west brom for 1.25 million, playing 28 times in all for WBA aswell as a loan spell at PNE,(2 games) Palace (15 games 5 goals) and Sheffield United (13 games 1 goal) and joined Swansea city today for 750k

honours?

-Scottish Premier League - 2004, 2006 and 2007

-Scottish Cup - 2004,2005 and 2007

new squad number?he'll wear the famous swansea number 9 shirt (not quite as famous as Newcastle's but in the last few years has contained top goalscorers in Jason Scotland, Bayo Akinfenwa and club legend James Thomas).

[/quote']

All the best. ;) He'll fluff sitters and pop up with a ridiculous goal every so often. Sometimes it's hard to believe he's a professional footballer, first touch is non existant. Such a clumsy player. Hope he does well for you though, always works hard despite his short comings, might blossom with regular games I suppose.

All the best. ;) He'll fluff sitters and pop up with a ridiculous goal every so often. Sometimes it's hard to believe he's a professional footballer' date=' first touch is non existant. Such a clumsy player. Hope he does well for you though, always works hard despite his short comings, might blossom with regular games I suppose.[/quote']

well that's nice to know

i thought he was going to be our big signing, our Ronaldo:p/Adebayor:p/Ibrahomivic:p not another striker who can't score the goals

our record signing before beattie was 400k, he signed for nearly double that

hope he does well though ;)

Guest King Kolo

I'm sorry but for you people who were saying "Why spend 25Mil on a CB!" have you actually seen him play? Lescott got signed for 21 Mil and I think this guy is much better, the only reason he isn't rated more than 90 is because the second best team in the Ukranian league is Dynamo Kiev. Was MOTM in the UEFA Cup final and was one of the main reasons Shakhtar won the Ukranian League and to be honest I think this guy will play ahead of Pique, or if I had it my way I would have Pique and Chygrynskiy at the back. This guy was great at the EURO 2008 qualifing stages and Ukraine were unlucky not to qualify due to Italy, France and Scotland all in the same group as them, also not to mention he was Vice Cpatain as Shaktar won the UEFA Cup.

Like I said, hes a great player. But if hes not going to start €25 million is a lot of dosh to give. Of course Puyol will start being captain and with Pique being Barcas best defender last season its inevitable he'll start. Difference with Lescott is he will definitely start... and City have money to burn.

Guest King Kolo

well that's nice to know

i thought he was going to be our big signing' date=' our Ronaldo:p/Adebayor:p/Ibrahomivic:p not another striker who can't score the goals

our record signing before beattie was 400k, he signed for nearly double that

hope he does well though ;)[/quote']

At our place he done Ok, done rubbish the first few games but he is quite good in the air and after his goal at Charlton be played really well, too bad West Brom called him back early from us.

Like I said' date=' hes a great player. But if hes not going to start €25 million is a lot of dosh to give. Of course Puyol will start being captain and with Pique being Barcas best defender last season its inevitable he'll start. Difference with Lescott is he will definitely start... and City have money to burn.[/quote']

Well I just think Barca should find a way of playing all three of them (Puyol,Pique and Chygrynskiy) that's why I think they should they should move Alves to RM or a bit more into the centre, inbetween RM and RCM and then Pique can play RB with Chygrynskiy and Puyol in the middle as to be honest it's quite criminal to keep him on the bench. So with my other idea this is what the Midfield and Defence should be if I was Guardiola...

-----------Pique---------Puyol------Chygrynskiy------Maxwell--------------

---------------Alves------------Xavi--------------Iniesta------------------

And then Ibrahimovic, Henry and Messi up front, I don't know if Chygrynskiy can play RB, but I would prefer to play Pique RB as he is strong and quite quick and can get past people. Or they could play maybe a 5-3-2 with Chygrynskiy,Puyol and Pique in the Centre and Messi taking Keita's place in RCM-RM with Ibra and Henry upfront, but then maybe if they play a 5-3-2 they could push Maxwell and Dani Alves up like a RWB. I don't know, it's going to be so hard for Guardiola to pick a starting XI which keeps the good players happy.

The Barca CB situation i can see Puyol and Pique being first choice with Chy..... playing backup with Marquez and Busquets sharing the DM role while Toure and Keita are off in Africa...

Shame on Milito though, great great CB.

Well I just think Barca should find a way of playing all three of them (Puyol' date='Pique and Chygrynskiy) that's why I think they should they should move Alves to RM or a bit more into the centre, inbetween RM and RCM and then Pique can play RB with Chygrynskiy and Puyol in the middle as to be honest it's quite criminal to keep him on the bench. So with my other idea this is what the Midfield and Defence should be if I was Guardiola...

-----------Pique---------Puyol------Chygrynskiy------Maxwell--------------

---------------Alves------------Xavi--------------Iniesta------------------

And then Ibrahimovic, Henry and Messi up front, I don't know if Chygrynskiy can play RB, but I would prefer to play Pique RB as he is strong and quite quick and can get past people. Or they could play maybe a 5-3-2 with Chygrynskiy,Puyol and Pique in the Centre and Messi taking Keita's place in RCM-RM with Ibra and Henry upfront, but then maybe if they play a 5-3-2 they could push Maxwell and Dani Alves up like a RWB. I don't know, it's going to be so hard for Guardiola to pick a starting XI which keeps the good players happy.[/quote']

Pique at RB? No that won't happen - much more likely Chygrynskiy as he is able to play there if needs be. But its neithers prefered position and I can't see it happening. Alves in a RM position is a disaster waiting to happen. Its far too attack minded and will leave Barca vulnerable in the middle. I just guess Chygrynskiy will rotate in the league and the same for Marquez and Puyol. Nice options to have.

Also, I'm no Barca fan but even I know its the history of Barca to play a 4-3-3 and this will never change.

Guest King Kolo

Pique at RB? No that won't happen - much more likely Chygrynskiy as he is able to play there if needs be. But its neithers prefered position and I can't see it happening. Alves in a RM position is a disaster waiting to happen. Its far too attack minded and will leave Barca vulnerable in the middle. I just guess Chygrynskiy will rotate in the league and the same for Marquez and Puyol. Nice options to have.

Also' date=' I'm no Barca fan but even I know its the history of Barca to play a 4-3-3 and this will never change.[/quote']

Yes Pique or Chygrynskiy at RB, one of them, can't see why you think it's a disaster for Alves to play inbetween RCM and RM as if the opposition breaks they have three world class CB's to rely on. Yes I'm almost 100% sure Barca will never play this, I'm just saying if I was Barca manager I would test out this formation.

Yes Pique or Chygrynskiy at RB' date=' one of them, can't see why you think it's a disaster for Alves to play inbetween RCM and RM as if the opposition breaks they have three world class CB's to rely on. Yes I'm almost 100% sure Barca will never play this, I'm just saying if I was Barca manager I would test out this formation.[/quote']

No you wouldn't - You have to play 4-3-3. No option in it really.

Valdes

Alves - Pique - Puyol - Maxwell

Toure

Xavi - Iniesta

Messi - Ibra - Henry

for me.

Guest King Kolo

No you wouldn't - You have to play 4-3-3. No option in it really.

Valdes

Alves - Pique - Puyol - Maxwell

Toure

Xavi - Iniesta

Messi - Ibra - Henry

for me.

No because then I would play a 3-4-3 with Puyol, Chygrynskiy and Pique in defence, Alves RM, Xavi and Toure CM and Iniesta inbetween LM and LCM to support Ibrahimovic on the left side if Ibra plays on the left like he did in the Supercopa.

Well Real Madrid have accepted a bid from Inter Milan for Wesley Sneijder. Very good signing by Mourinho' date=' they could be worth a cheeky bet for the champions league, you never know. :P[/quote']

One of the best signings of the window, if they use him right. Inter have been lacking someone to link the midfield and attack effectively for a good few years now, if Sneijder can help them remedy that then they'll be one to watch in the Europe...for a change.

Some other transfers i just noticed, all completed ;)...

@ Portsmouth

Michael Brown (Wigan), Kevin Prince-Boateng (Spurs), Jamie O'Hara (loan Spurs), Aruna Dindane (loan Lens)

@ Sunderland

John Mensah (loan Lyon)

@ Swansea

Craig Beattie (West Brom)

@ West Ham

Alessandro Diaminti (Livorno)

@ Everton

Sylvain Distin (Portsmouth)

Guest Toggs

@ Sunderland

John Mensah (loan Lyon)

Another great signing for Sunderland. Ghanian International that had quite a sniff at getting into the Lyon side last season.

Some other transfers i just noticed' date=' all completed ;)...

[b']

@ Portsmouth[/b]

Michael Brown (Wigan), Kevin Prince-Boateng (Spurs), Jamie O'Hara (loan Spurs), Aruna Dindane (loan Lens)

@ Sunderland

John Mensah (loan Lyon)

@ Swansea

Craig Beattie (West Brom)

@ West Ham

Alessandro Diaminti (Livorno)

@ Everton

Sylvain Distin (Portsmouth)

That could be another Steve Bruce special.

I find it odd that Pompey have paid £4million for Boateng. I would have thought his market value would have dropped more.

Thanks for the update :)