Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Summer Transfer Rumours Thread.

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours Thread.

That could be another Steve Bruce special.

I find it odd that Pompey have paid £4million for Boateng. I would have thought his market value would have dropped more.

Thanks for the update :)

problem with Pompy is they have only left themselves 4 days of transfer window to re-vamp thier squad until January and if they don't do well in the next 4 days I think them and Hull will be the only reason that brum and Wolves might not go down at the end of the seaosn.

problem with Pompy is they have only left themselves 4 days of transfer window to re-vamp thier squad until January and if they don't do well in the next 4 days I think them and Hull will be the only reason that brum and Wolves might not go down at the end of the seaosn.

Yep, that is a concern and that is still political intrigue at the club with Storrie in a mood over Al-Fahim's dodgy takeover.

I still wonder whether Birmingham have the goals in them to stay up, so Benitez settling in is crucial. I think Wolves will stay up though. They've certainly got the team for it but I don't whether McCarthy can hack it in the Prem.

Guest King Kolo

Some other transfers i just noticed' date=' all completed ;)...

[b']

@ Portsmouth[/b]

Michael Brown (Wigan), Kevin Prince-Boateng (Spurs), Jamie O'Hara (loan Spurs), Aruna Dindane (loan Lens)

@ Sunderland

John Mensah (loan Lyon)

@ Swansea

Craig Beattie (West Brom)

@ West Ham

Alessandro Diaminti (Livorno)

@ Everton

Sylvain Distin (Portsmouth)

Wow where did them signings come for for Portsmouth! Brown is a decent midfielder and so is Boateng but the main ones are Jamie O'Hara who is a great Midfielder and Aruna Dindane who is a proven goalscorer. Good signing by Sunderland also to get Mensah, him and Da Silva at the back will be solid! UEFA Cup anyone?

Also Bob he's just scared to post here as he will be embarressed again...

I am not inspired by Pompeys signings in the slightest tbh.

Brown, Boateng & Smith have never really cut it at EPL level.

Dindane is unproven.

O'Hara is a good bit of business but when you consider Paul Hart is hardly an experienced top level manager I can still see them seriously struggling.

£4m for Boateng is so many kinds of ridiculous. Spurs must be chuffed. I like Dindane though, I would say he'd have certainly cut it in the Prem prior to his cruciate injury, whether he's the same player remains he be seen.

Fraizer Campbell might not be staying long at Sunderland. According to The People, Hull have made a bid for him including Michael Turner in the deal, only a few months after Campbell joined the Wearsiders.

The latest Notts County recruits could be Freddie Ljungberg, Christian Vieri and Kanu if you believe the NOTW and the Sunday Mirror

Everton are apparently set to sign Johnny Heitinga and David Bentley

Portsmouth could sign Michael Johnson and Nicky Shorey on loan, with Tal Ben Haim and Benjani also being linked. Benjani has also been linked with Blackburn in a £2m deal.

Everton have enquired about Steven Taylor of Newcastle, and are prepared to use James Vaughan in the deal.

Fraizer Campbell might not be staying long at Sunderland. According to The People' date=' Hull have made a bid for him including Michael Turner in the deal, only a few months after Campbell joined the Wearsiders.[/quote']

That is absolute nonsense. A player can only move once in a transfer window. :confused:

That is absolute nonsense. A player can only move once in a transfer window. :confused:

Theres no such rule. There is a rule governing how many teams a player can play for in a season. Cousin wasnt allowed to move to Hull initially as he had played for Rangers and Lens already that year.

Didid Hamann moved to Bolton and then Man City in two days, with money being passed between the three clubs (Bolton paid Liverpool, then Man City paid Bolton the same amount.)

Theres no such rule. There is a rule governing how many teams a player can play for in a season. Cousin wasnt allowed to move to Hull initially as he had played for Rangers and Lens already that year.

Didid Hamann moved to Bolton and then Man City in two days' date=' with money being passed between the three clubs (Bolton paid Liverpool, then Man City paid Bolton the same amount.)[/quote']

Of course theres a rule. Its actually not a transfer window, its a season I believe. Can anyone clear this up?

Your talking about stuff from years ago. (Hamann)

Also, Everton have agreed a fee with Atletico Madrid for Jonny Heitinga. I guess he will play at RB, instead of Hibbert or CB if needs be. Distin, Bily and now Heitinga... Everton definitely made the right choice in selling Lescott - whether they wanted to or not.

Of course theres a rule. Its actually not a transfer window' date=' its a season I believe. Can anyone clear this up?

Your talking about stuff from years ago. (Hamann)[/quote']

The rules about amount of clubs people can play for in a season, not the amount they move between, so whoever mentioned Hamann is spot-on.

It would be a massive backtrack by Camball if he goes to Hull thou as part of the deal considering he's already turned them down in the last few weeks for not being a good enough club, persumabley.

a player can only play for 2 clubs within a season.

yes. but he didnt play a competitive match for MUFC. so i think thats why he can play for Hull?

Didnt it happen to Lass other season? he played for arsenal. pompy. and chelsea in one season.

Also' date=' Everton have agreed a fee with Atletico Madrid for Jonny Heitinga. I guess he will play at RB, instead of Hibbert or CB if needs be. Distin, Bily and now Heitinga... Everton definitely made the right choice in selling Lescott - whether they wanted to or not.[/quote']

I agree Ken, when i saw that Everton received £20MIL + for Lescott i knew Moyes would know how to spend it wisely, and he has brought in a exprienced CB, a good Russian player and another good CB.

So it will be:

Heitinga-Distin-Jag-Baines

Guest King Kolo

I agree Ken' date=' when i saw that Everton received £20MIL + for Lescott i knew Moyes would know how to spend it wisely, and he has brought in a exprienced CB, a good Russian player and another good CB.

So it will be:

Heitinga-Distin-Jag-Baines[/quote']

Not bad, they could still have got a better CB than Distin I think.

Also they need another striker, Jo and Saha are underperforming this season.

Not bad' date=' they could still have got a better CB than Distin I think.

Also they need another striker, Jo and Saha are underperforming this season.[/quote']

Saha has scored two in three this season i think and it's only three games into the season for Everton. plus they haven't got off to a good start of a whole, just give them a few games.

Also they need another striker, Jo and Saha are underperforming this season.[/quote']

And thanks to Man City they now have the money to go out and buy one.

Saha is doing quite well btw....

The Yak is back now so he'll seem like a new signing, while Anichebe must be due back soon. Saha is a great forward and will get you goals if he can stay fit. With the added bonus of Jo trying to get a 1st team place I think they're not too bad up front.

And thanks to Man City they now have the money to go out and buy one.

Saha is doing quite well btw....

Yep, he's always been a good striker. He scored today didn't he?

Just need another striker because Saha is obviously very injury prone and Jo is only on loan. :o

Guest King Kolo

Saha has scored two in three this season i think and it's only three games into the season for Everton. plus they haven't got off to a good start of a whole' date=' just give them a few games.[/quote']

Yes but with the money they got surely they must be able to sign a better striker, also he missed a penalty against Burnley. I forgot they had Yakubu :P, but surely they must be able to sign a better striker than Yaubu or Jo. Jo is on loan and Saha is injury prone aswell.

Yes but with the money they got surely they must be able to sign a better striker' date=' also he missed a penalty against Burnley. I forgot they had Yakubu :P, but surely they must be able to sign a better striker than Yaubu or Jo. Jo is on loan and Saha is injury prone aswell.[/quote']

They need to sign another striker because they only really have two with Yakubu being injured, but they can cope without another striker, they just need another for depth.